FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Peace train - Is anyone planning to go on this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marndin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: The Peace train - Is anyone planning to go on this? Reply with quote

A number of prominent people will be on this train and it could be a good place to hand out leaflets/DVD's etc.

I'm not attending this protest personally, details below:

STOP THE WAR COALITION
TEL 020 7278 6694
WEB www.stopwar.org.uk

JOIN TONY BENN ON THE PEACE TRAIN
Tony Benn and other well known names from the anti-war movement will be travelling on the London to Manchester train, chartered by Stop the War Coalition to take Londoners to the national TIME TO GO demonstration on Saturday 23 September, the eve of the Labour Party conference. You have the chance to join them on the specially chartered peace train to one of the most important demonstrations held by Stop the War Coalition.

Tens of thousands of protestors will be converging on Manchester with the message that, whoever leads the Labour Party, Tony Blair's wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the threats to other countries such as Iran, must stop now. (Demonstration details: http://www.stopwar.org.uk).

There will be mobile meetings with speakers on the train journey. Also travelling with us will be the national and international media, with Al-Jazeera TV among the broadcasters planning big features on the train and the demonstration generally.

The Stop the War peace train will be an experience to remember. If you would like to join Tony Benn and other prominent anti-war voices travelling to Manchester, you need to book now. There are some tickets available but they are going fast. The train details are as follows:

TICKETS ARE #35 RETURN
AVAILABLE ONLINE: http://tinyurl.com/onofl OR BY TELEPHONING 020 7278 6694

DEPART EUSTON 8:12
ARR MANCHESTER 11:56
RETURN MANCHESTER 18.30
ARR EUSTON 22:08
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Stop the War in Manchester Reply with quote

I quite agree Marndin.

I shall probably be travelling north before this train though. Volunteers are often not very good at picking up suggestions from the forum and getting out and doing staff. EG nobody volunteered to help me leaflet the Racism Liberty and the War meeting in London yesterday, Sat Sept 16th.

I wonder if David Shayler would be up for doing a discussion on the train! I'll ask him.

Noel
Jane
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Getting the message out Reply with quote

Sorry to hear no one turned up to help you leaflet the meeting Noel. I'm sure that I heard people saying they were going to this meeting when I was in London last weekend. Maybe they didn't notice that you had asked for volunteers?

This is something I'm wondering at the moment - why some things that get said, as with some events that are advertised, etc, get "noticed" whereas other things just don't seem to be "noticed" at all and just seem to be ignored!

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

http://www.wytruth.org.uk/
paul wright

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone pointed out elsewhere, Tony Benn was the man who helped arm Israel with nuclear weapons, while Al Jazeera is only to happy to show fake CIA videos of Bin Laden and Zawahiri
Peace train, my ass. What a scummy crew

SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depart Manchester 18.30? that's no good, we'll miss all the 9/11 truth events! any other Sept23 transport suggestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: