FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jay Ref is an admitted liar.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alek
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Jay Ref is an admitted liar. Reply with quote

Jay Ref is none other than rikzilla, a condescending and arrogant person who frequents the JREF forums. Unfortunately for the JREF foundation, he decided to use their name as his username here and has obviously represented them poorly with his insubstantial trolling posts riddled with ad hominem attacks.

To top this off, he is liar, a fact which he openly admits to in this thread:

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=63884

He admits to phoning Mr. Danny Jowenko of http://jowenko.nl, owner of a professional demolition firm in the Netherlands and misrepresenting himself as a "Washington Post Reporter" in order to get an "on the record" statement by Mr. Jowenko regarding his opinion of the collapse of World Trade Center Building 7.

Mr. Jowenko's initial comments reflecting his impression that WTC7 was a controlled demolition were featured in a Dutch documentary called "Zembla 9/11". Part of the segment with him is on youtube, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqrn5x2_f6Q

What is interesting is that according to some hearsay about a Dutch blog, Jowenko apparently finds no reason to doubt the official story and claims he remembers news reports at the time which stated the WTC7 building was demolished on purpose for safety reasons!

In any event you can see how Mr. Jowenko is lambasted by the JREF community. Apparently an expert is only an expert if they support the typical JREF member's idea of the truth. Notice how New York tour guide-cum-9/11 expert Mark Roberts chimes in about how Jowenko is simply mistaken, and how he will come around once he is exposed to all the facts!

"I hope this information has helped you to understand that building 7 was not brought down by controlled demolition. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I have much more information should you desire it." -Mark Roberts

If that isn't the essence of hubris, I don't know what is.

I find it ironic that rikzilla aka "Jay Ref" accuses us falsely of being liars, and of disrespecting the memories of the 2972 victims on 9/11. Well Mr. Jay Ref, we are not liars, and you are yourself a liar and a hypocrite. It's no wonder that you and your ilk have such a cavalier attitude towards the truth. If you would lie about something as simple as who you are and what you represent, what lies are you capable of telling when you have something material to gain? I think it's a foregone conclusion that to accept the truth about 9/11, you have to at least be honest with yourself, and it is in this sense that you aren't qualified.

I hope you will take this as an opportunity to spare the rest of us from your presence on this forum, and spout your insults elsewhere.

"Those who would deceive others in public will eventually deceive themselves in private."
spiv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Clown Reply with quote

Shows just what a w*nker this clown Jay Ref is!!!
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have come out of hibernation to say "I agree". I have read the RANDI thread and he has dug himself a hole with that one.

I wonder if he will change his view on the report written by that bloke from ImplosionWorld?

I doubt it. Rolling Eyes
IronSnot
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, I'd do exactly the same thing. In fact, that's exactly what I will be doing when I'm ready.
aggle-rithm
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Jay Ref is an admitted liar. Reply with quote

Alek wrote:
Jay Ref is none other than rikzilla, a condescending and arrogant person who frequents the JREF forums. Unfortunately for the JREF foundation, he decided to use their name as his username here and has obviously represented them poorly with his insubstantial trolling posts riddled with ad hominem attacks.

Can you give us a few examples of his ad hominem attacks?
DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Jay Ref is an admitted liar. Reply with quote

aggle-rithm wrote:

WHAT?? Shocked

Its all he does!!!

chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Jay Ref is an admitted liar. Reply with quote

Alek wrote:

To top this off, he is liar, a fact which he openly admits to in this thread:

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=63884

He admits to phoning Mr. Danny Jowenko of http://jowenko.nl, owner of a professional demolition firm in the Netherlands and misrepresenting himself as a "Washington Post Reporter" in order to get an "on the record" statement by Mr. Jowenko regarding his opinion of the collapse of World Trade Center Building 7.

Two points you overlooked:
1. Jay Ref/rikzilla expressed guilt and regret for misrepresenting himself.
2. He gave an honest report of Mr. Jowenko's response. Jowenko does truly believe that WTC7 was a controlled demolition. Congratulations, you have a well-regarded demolition expert in your camp. (For WTC7, anyway.)
Jay Ref
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow a thread about me!

I'm flattered!

But Alek, If you really want to nail me for being dishonest then you'd need to catch me out on it...not rely on my honesty in admitting it! I mean c'mon..what is your source of this info on my evil deed?

Me.

I could very easily have lied my ass off and said that I never misrepresented myself, and gone on to either keep secret or further misrepresent my conversation with Danny Jowenko. I did neither thing.

I did the one thing which is glaringly absent in the trooth movement. I told the truth even when the truth was something that was detrimental to my position.

When was the last time one of you freaks did that? I'm thinking never.

-z

BTW: But thanks for the thread about me...I'm famous now! Very Happy

"God in heaven. Here's the hard-headed, evidence-only freak who will not, like we CTers, indulge himself in self-inflating, utterly misconceived fantasies." -kbo234 (who is NOT a nazi) briefly makes sense
Jay Ref
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Jay Ref is an admitted liar. Reply with quote

DeFecToR wrote:
aggle-rithm wrote:

WHAT?? Shocked

Its all he does!!!

Funny that...this entire thread is nothing but one big ad-hom attack personally directed against me! In it I am being lambasted...

for telling the truth!

I guess you guys don't see the actual truth told very often...nor do you see any mea-culpas being offered. Funny, for a group dedicated to truth you sure do break out the brass knuckles when someone actually tells it.

Go figure...

-z

"God in heaven. Here's the hard-headed, evidence-only freak who will not, like we CTers, indulge himself in self-inflating, utterly misconceived fantasies." -kbo234 (who is NOT a nazi) briefly makes sense
DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Jay Ref is an admitted liar. Reply with quote

Jay Ref wrote:

Funny that...this entire thread is nothing but one big ad-hom attack personally directed against me! In it I am being lambasted...

for telling the truth!

I guess you guys don't see the actual truth told very often...nor do you see any mea-culpas being offered. Funny, for a group dedicated to truth you sure do break out the brass knuckles when someone actually tells it.

Go figure...

-z

You're a gas-bagging noise merchant with no valid arguement to speak of.

You might come accross as less of a tw&t of you actually had a brain.

Shill/sham/tw&t/loner/idiot/billy-no-mates.

aggle-rithm
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Jay Ref is an admitted liar. Reply with quote

DeFecToR wrote:
aggle-rithm wrote:

WHAT?? Shocked

Its all he does!!!

I know you BELIEVE that. I asked for a few examples.

Here's what I'm driving at: I don't think Alek knows what "ad hominem" means, and I think that unless he wants to look foolish, he should stop using terms he doesn't understand.
Jay Ref
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mission Statement:

These forums are provided for debate concerning the events surrounding the attacks on the World Trade Centres on September 11th 2001, and any global events concerning "acts of terrorism" which need to be examined in more detail.

The following simple rules apply:

1. No ad hominem remarks directed towards any person or group
2. No glorification or discussion that could lead to any violent act(s)
3. No advertising of products and/or services unrelated to the forum mission.
4. Topics must be based around 9/11 and 7/7 subject matter

Breaking these rules will lead to deletion of posts and a possible ban. In the case of (2) and (3) an immediate deletion, ban and IP block will be implemented.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The above are the words of the forum mods. Does not the creation of this thread violate those rules? Are there double standards being employed here? One rule for the forum at large...another for the Critic's Corner??

Eh Ian? Care to chime in on why the forum rules don't count here in critic land?

-z

DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You call me a fool - i call you a tw&t.

Simple. Very Happy

Jay Ref
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeFecToR wrote:

Simple. Very Happy

"It's gonna be a good year for teh troof!"

DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Ref wrote:
DeFecToR wrote:

Simple. Very Happy

Why? You join dial-a-date?

TK0001
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing screams insecurity about one's stance like a dedicated character-assassinating thread about a debunker.

Congrats, Jay - you really must have an effect on these people. Good work.
DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Ref wrote:
DeFecToR wrote:

Simple. Very Happy

Or no, let me guess. You learn how to be honest? Look up 'humility' in the dictionary?

DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK0001 wrote:
Nothing screams insecurity about one's stance like a dedicated character-assassinating thread about a debunker.

Ha ha. Laughing

Yeh right.

Truth is, i spent way too much of my time actually trying to debate the snivelling apologist in as toned down and reasoned way possible, only to have him continuously insult and patronize me and many others here.
So now i simply indulge myself in pointing out what a grumpy tw&t he is. Truth be told, i actually find him to be pretty funny. Where once his biting sarcasm would get on my nerves when trying to reason with him, now i dont bother and his ramblings are now laugh out-loud hilarious.
And yes, he has had an effect on me. He's made me realise just how intellectually bankrupt some individuals can be. And to what depths some people will sink to when defending genocidal killers.
Ho hum....

DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK0001 wrote:

BTW, do you hold the same moral stance on the character assassinations carried out over at JRef?

Hmmmm....

Alek
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Jay Ref is an admitted liar. Reply with quote

aggle-rithm wrote:
DeFecToR wrote:
aggle-rithm wrote:

WHAT?? Shocked

Its all he does!!!

I know you BELIEVE that. I asked for a few examples.

Here's what I'm driving at: I don't think Alek knows what "ad hominem" means, and I think that unless he wants to look foolish, he should stop using terms he doesn't understand.

Yes. Only the mental giants and wannabe scientists at JREF could possibly know what a logical fallacy is. And how does this collection of brainiacs use their intellectual fortitude? To debunk ghosts, bigfoot, and psychics routinely.

An ad hominem is a personal attack in lieu of argument. For example, if you told me that 2+2=5 and I responded, "2+2 != 5 because you are stupid", that would be an example of an ad hominem. 2+2 != 5 because that assertion is factually incorrect, not because you are stupid. 2+2 = 4.

For examples of his use of this tactic, see virtually every one of his posts. As for me pointing to his own admission that he's a liar, that's an attack, not an ad hominem attack. It's an attempt to discredit him simply by pointing to how he has discredited himself. Why are you defending this insulting liar? I'm not attacking everyone at JREF, just rikzilla. Why should I find someone who would lie about something as trivial as who he is when interviewing Mr. Jowenko to be credible about anything? It's obvious he is capable of manipulating the truth in order to attempt to get answers he wants to hear. Does this cretin by pointing to the fact that he admitted that he lied absolve himself in any way? No. The fact that he uses this in an attempt to excuse himself is more evidence that the truth to him is something to be manipulated opportunistically. Why should I or anyone else here care about anything he has to say about 9/11 truth, at all?

I'm not calling everyone at JREF a liar, unlike the broad accusations made against us by some JREF members. Nor am I guilty of an ad hominem attack myself. My argument is that he is a liar. The evidence is his own admission. Stop defending this.

Last edited by Alek on Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
TK0001
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeFecToR wrote:
And to what depths some people will sink to when defending genocidal killers.
Ho hum....

I think the biggest factor in the communication breakdown between believers and debunkers is the fact that all believers seem to think all debunkers are 100% pro-Bush. I guess there's just a natural tendency to categorize us that way to make it easier to hate us, despite the fact it's most definitely not true.

Ho hum indeed.
TK0001
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeFecToR wrote:
TK0001 wrote:

BTW, do you hold the same moral stance on the character assassinations carried out over at JRef?

Hmmmm....

Now why would I do that? I'm on their side! Wink

I admit I'm biased, however you can be assured that I'm not going to dig into your posting history in an attempt to discredit you, and then slap it up at JREF for all to see. Hopefully you can see the difference.
Alek
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK0001 wrote:
DeFecToR wrote:
Ho hum....

I think the biggest factor in the communication breakdown between believers and debunkers is the fact that all believers seem to think all debunkers are 100% pro-Bush. I guess there's just a natural tendency to categorize us that way to make it easier to hate us, despite the fact it's most definitely not true.

Ho hum indeed.

I'm well aware that many (most?) JREF members don't support Bush. How is this relevant?

If this is the case with you, and since you apparently believe that islamic terrorists who hate our freedom are responsible for 9/11, then perhaps you could use this as an opportunity to explain exactly what Bush is doing wrong, and what you and others like you would do differently?

If I really believed that islamic terrorists were responsible for 9/11, and I wanted to secure this country and the American people, I would bring all of the US troops occupying Iraq home and station them on the border. But yet, our borders remain wide open! And yet, we haven't had so much as a car bomb by terrorists since 9/11. I suppose that is either a testament to the astouding police state measures that have been taken since 9/11 (in spite of our wide open borders) by der Homeland Sekurity, or it is a testament to the paucity (dare I say complete absence of) real terrorists.

So please, given that you don't support Bush, but yet believe his lies about who was reponsible for 9/11, use this opportunity to tell us what he should be doing, and why he shouldn't be doing what he is.
Alek
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK0001 wrote:
DeFecToR wrote:
TK0001 wrote:

Hmmmm....

I admit I'm biased, however you can be assured that I'm not going to dig into your posting history in an attempt to discredit you, and then slap it up at JREF for all to see. Hopefully you can see the difference.

I didn't discredit him. I pointed to how he discredited himself.
aggle-rithm
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Jay Ref is an admitted liar. Reply with quote

Alek wrote:
Yes. Only the mental giants and wannabe scientists at JREF could possibly know what a logical fallacy is. And how does this collection of brainiacs use their intellectual fortitude? To debunk ghosts, bigfoot, and psychics routinely.

An ad hominem is a personal attack in lieu of argument. For example, if you told me that 2+2=5 and I responded, "2+2 != 5 because you are stupid", that would be an example of an ad hominem. 2+2 != 5 because that assertion is factually incorrect, not because you are stupid. 2+2 = 4.

For examples of his use of this tactic, see virtually every one of his posts.

So, you can't point out any yourself?
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people might no get along trying to prove each other right or wrong. but when we dont know all the answers to things, the critics point of view if offering a point and not just a insult can be quit valid or at least stop us from jumping to conclusions. some things i though before seemed 100% untill a few things were pointed out then i saw a few problems with what i was thinking, so we might not get along but jref is as important than anyone no matter how annoying. i find telecastration annoying but have to try to respect that some or all of what he says might hold some truths, even if i dont like admit it, so i think its wrong to do a thread on anyone person. but i dont know all the facts leading up to this. the critics one the other hand must at least see why we doubt certain facts, we dont just get facts from nothing some stuff is guessed but only from stuff that isnt. if the commission report was better at covering all the facts fully no one would be here in this forum talking about it, or trying to get there head around certain facts.
DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK0001 wrote:
DeFecToR wrote:
Ho hum....

Ho hum indeed.

Could you please do one of two things for me? Either show me where in the above statement i wrote the name 'Bush', or show me where i have previously asserted that Bush carried out 911.

TK0001 wrote:
DeFecToR wrote:
TK0001 wrote:

Hmmmm....

Oh, well, something called integrity.

TK0001 wrote:

Hmmm. Again, not sure exactly what you are refering to here. Are you implying that i have done something like this?

Jay Ref
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This entire movement is just one big adhom against teh gubermint. This forum itself doesn't even abide by it's own rules.

There is no argument being offered and no evidence either. You hate teh gubmint. Therefore 9/11 was an inside job. There is no more substance to the troof movement than that.

Just lies told in support of irrational hatred. Somehow to people with severe mental problems this equals "truth".

Now let me ask you this Alek. If I had not admitted my little white lie, would you know about it? No?

Therefore if I were not honest about what I did, you'd be unable to call me a liar...isn't that right?

The difference between a troother and myself is pretty clear. I disclose information even if it hurts my argument. This is done in the interests of full disclosure which creates a more honest and therefore more useful debate for all parties involved.

Has Dylan Avery ever publicly discussed his reasons for dummying up fake news headlines to flash on the screen in LC? This action was not a mistake and not an error. It was "news" being faked and misrepresented on purpose. Mr. Avery was caught out...he did not post a mea culpa and explain his reasons.

I did something that in retrospect I regret. If I didn't regret it and rat myself out you wouldn't even know it had ever happened. BTW I didn't have to post the truth about my little chat with Danny...but I wanted to anyway.

-z

TK0001
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeFecToR wrote:

Could you please do one of two things for me? Either show me where in the above statement i wrote the name 'Bush', or show me where i have previously asserted that Bush carried out 911.

My fault. I assumed that when you referred to genocidal killers, you were referring to Bush and his administration. May I ask who it was you were really referring to?

In context, you said:

Quote:
And yes, he has had an effect on me. He's made me realise just how intellectually bankrupt some individuals can be. And to what depths some people will sink to when defending genocidal killers.
Ho hum....

I admit I was wrong to assume. Please accept my apology and explain who these genocidal killers are. Thanks.
TK0001
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alek wrote:
So please, given that you don't support Bush, but yet believe his lies about who was reponsible for 9/11, use this opportunity to tell us what he should be doing, and why he shouldn't be doing what he is.

It's a "given" that I "believe his lies"? I may be wrong, but that *just might* be a loaded statement.

I assume you're referring to the 9/11 Commission Report (which Bush didn't write, incidentally). I don't declare allegence to that report necessarily, rather I prefer to trust the opinions of the thousands of experts who have adequately explained the attacks, whereas your camp has provided none.

Also, you're asking me to provide my political beliefs and for the life of me, I can't see how that provides any insight to the discussion whatsover. Perhaps you can enlighten me?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: