FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evaluating DVD's "9/11 Press For Truth"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonic
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Evaluating DVD's "9/11 Press For Truth" Reply with quote

Thanks to Scar for generously sending me a copy of the DVD "9/11: Press For Truth.

I gave up on this about half way through.

This is a VERY WELL MADE MOVIE almot of holywood quality.

I was really excited about this movie until it got to the point of Paul Thompson's "Timeline". From there on I could see that this movie was made to support MEDIA STORIES from NEWSWEEK, TIMES etc. all supporting the myth that Al Quaeda were behind the attacks.

Personally I just can't go along with that after all the research that I have done and knowing the global media attempts to demonise Islam and promote the war on terror, I find this particular DVD following these same aims.

Although "Timeline" is a mammoth research it is in fact a documentation of media talking heads.

Is this DVD a cleverly made programme to distract us from finding out the truth of what really happened on that day?

I am inclined to think so and I invite anyone to convince me if I have got an incorrect understanding of what this DVD is all about.

These poor relatives of the deceased are surely being deceived if they believe that Arab hijacker using plastic knives or boxcutter managed to hijack civillian airliners and carry out incredible aeronautical manouvers to crash the planes into the towers after supposedly taking lessons to fly cessna airoplanes.

Peace,

Sonic.
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, good review Sonic, sounds like the sequel to Farenheit 911, Michael Moore will love it. So will Paul Thompson, Nafeez Ahmed, Adam Curtis, George Galloway etc....
suspecta
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Which is the best 9-11 dvd? Reply with quote

Seeing as so many people attribute their waking up to a dvd, could you all pitch in here please and tell me which of the dvd's out there you reckon are the best for waking up rationally-minded, well-educated middle-aged people?

Most of my friends and associates are of this type and age-range, so I don't really want a dvd with thumping rock music and split-second scene changes. What I'm looking for is something calm, rational and measured, that raises all the important questions and that presents clear arguments that 9-11 must have been an inside job.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Suspecta
Wokeman
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for clear evidence that the WTC 1, 2 and 7 were brought down by controlled demolitions, I reckon the best DVD for that is 9/11Eyewitness, produced and introduced by Rick Siegel, who was invited over to the UK last year by the UK 9/11Truth network to give a screening of the film in London.
Pete J
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: 911 PFT Reply with quote

Quote:
I was really excited about this movie until it got to the point of Paul Thompson's "Timeline". From there on I could see that this movie was made to support MEDIA STORIES from NEWSWEEK, TIMES etc. all supporting the myth that Al Quaeda were behind the attacks.

I actually didn't come to this conclusion at all. I thought it brought a refreshingly, and much needed, mainstream political perspective on how the events of 9/11 could reasonably be called an 'inside job' outside the domain of so called 'conspiracy theories'.

For many people it's just too much of a discontinuity to go from the corruption of the 'covert funding of foreign guerrila militia' type (which most accept has gone on thoughought the 20th century) to the corruption of a 'false flag terrorist attack in their own country' type. I thought this film did a great job of covering much ground between the two concepts.

For example, it clearly showed that the US inteligence services and the ISI had a history of co-operation over afghanistan. It also clearly showed that the ISI were financially supporting Atta just prior to 9/11.

To me the implication was that the ISI were used as a tool (by US 'elements') to set Atta et al up. The further implication is, therefore, that if they had taken things that far, they would not have wanted the attack to fail and this then leads on to the need for 'support' on the inside by way of 'leaving doors open' (e.g. NORAD stand down, demolitions etc). We can speculate to what extent the 'door was left open' or there was 'pro-active help' or whether the alleged hijackers were involved at all etc.

The great thing about this film for me is that it's part of a 'broad spread' of perspectives all adding pressure to the 9/11 debate. It's just unrealistic to focus on a single technical aspect (such as demolitions) and expect people to accept it. I am a promoter of the demolition/no plane at pentagon etc view, but I don't pretend there is absolute proof of it - there just isn't. There is a great deal of evidence to warrant intensive, objective and thourough investigation. People are going around quoting one scientist against the other - it can only go so far because there is not sufficient information in the public domain to conclusively prove anything (by 'prove', I mean to everyone's satisfaction, not just the satisfaction of those who hold the alternative view on 9/11).

So I don't think that the 9/11 truth movement is in ANY position to knock a peice of high quality work which adds another dimension to the debate, unless that work is conciously seeking to distort or obfuscate the truth. This film doesn't appear to be doing either of those things to me. It makes the case for further investigation, it makes the case for there having been high level corruption, it mentions that 'no steel framed building has ever collapsed due to fire', it illustrates the sheer fultility of the 9/11 Commission unambigiously.

The fact that they don't scream 'controlled demolition', 'inside job' is irrelevant in a film like this because it's main objective is to demonstrate how mainstream news hides the real motive behind geo-political events (hence the mass of TV screens). Also it's much harder for the 'popular mechanics' types to attack documentaries such as this. I can't really see them getting anywhere with it actually.

There is so much stuff coming out now, particularly in online documentaries. For me the strength of them is in the whole - not any individual one. One perspective re-enforces the other. When this happens it becomes much harder to write any single argument off and all of these works need to be supported and pro-actively promoted by the truth movement in my opinion.
sonic
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for observations and comments to date. They are greatly appreciate.

By the way Pete J, my opinions on the DVD in question are exactly that "my own opinions and views" and they obviously do not or cannot represent the 9/11 truth movements views as a whole, which are a diverse range of views, obviously so with such a diverse group of people.

Peace,

Sonic

P.S. I would prefer to offer up DVD's such as "9/11 Eyewitness Hoboken"as well as "9/11 Revisited" to people just starting out on research.
HERA
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Press for official truth Reply with quote

Lets hope the relatives are not all as in the dark as the lot in Press for Truth.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Which is the best 9-11 dvd? Reply with quote

suspecta wrote:
Seeing as so many people attribute their waking up to a dvd, could you all pitch in here please and tell me which of the dvd's out there you reckon are the best for waking up rationally-minded, well-educated middle-aged people?

Most of my friends and associates are of this type and age-range, so I don't really want a dvd with thumping rock music and split-second scene changes. What I'm looking for is something calm, rational and measured, that raises all the important questions and that presents clear arguments that 9-11 must have been an inside job.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Suspecta

Confronting the Evidence
Eye Witness

iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john white's doing a thread on this in critics corner if anyone wants to peek in
MiniMauve
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have to be fair to the relatives. They may suspect more than they say in the videotape but they also must have understood that they would not be taken seriously if they had appeared too radical. Their greatest strength is their 'ordinary citizen' personas. They are just ordinary people who lost loved ones and demand to know why. It's very effective. Their efforts have paved the way for our efforts.
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete J is right - they implicate Mahmood Ahmed and the ISI and this is very significant.

the Jersey Girls do also hint that 'this is just one part of the story' a number of times throughout as well

I think the main point of this film is to persuade people that the Commission was a cover-up and it succeeds in it's goal

this, coupled with September 11 Revisited and Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime, presnts a very strong argument
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the main point of this film is to persuade people that the Commission was a cover-up and it succeeds in it's goal

THAT is exactly what comes across VERY clearly. The implication being ...why???

I have watched so many videos recently I may be getting my wires crossed but does this video not show footage of the twin towers and say it must have been a controlled demolition? Any such conclusion screams "inside job" - there is no reasonable alternative.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
Quote:

THAT is exactly what comes across VERY clearly. The implication being ...why???

I have watched so many videos recently I may be getting my wires crossed but does this video not show footage of the twin towers and say it must have been a controlled demolition? Any such conclusion screams "inside job" - there is no reasonable alternative.

Not on its own, but taken together with the exposed 911 Commission's failures and the infamous 'let us not tolerate conspiracy theories that deflect blame from the terrorists' speech by the chimp, in total it looks damning to even th eaverage Joe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: