FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

West Yorkshire Truth Group Film Evening, 20 Sept 2006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: West Yorkshire Truth Group Film Evening, 20 Sept 2006 Reply with quote

The West Yorkshire Truth Group is holding a film evening at 7.30pm on 20 September at Brudenell Social Club, 33 Queens Road, Hyde Park, Leeds, LS6 1NY.

The new film, "Short Changed" will be screened, followed by a talk with David Shayler and Annie Machon (MI5 whistleblowers).

Entry is free.

For more information, please contact: www.wytruth.org.uk.

Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the film 'Short Changed' about ? Is it just an abridged version of LooseChange or something more?

If anyone has flyers which advertise the event and wants to hit the universities this afternoon and the surrounding pubs let me know.
Jane
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Went the evening well... Reply with quote

I'm sorry I had to leave early - aches and pains and need to catch "not too late bus" (I'm getting to be such an "old woman!"

from what I experienced I thought the whole event "Excellent" - thanks to all of you who out all the hard work in - Ally, I will help leaflet the university, etc, in time for the next event..

Muslim taxi drive who gave me ride from central Leeds asked for DVD which I got for him - young Muslim taxi drive who gave me lift back to bus stop in Headingly - told me when I got out "I owned him nothing!" rather he thanked me for "helping to get the truth out!" Kept him at his word but sending DVD to him and his uncle soon!!

Be sure to talk to those taxi drivers folks! They are most of them Muslim (from my experienc!) abd all of them "in the know" about 9/11, ....

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

http://www.wytruth.org.uk/
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a top nite, place was packed, never expected that, well done folks!
SomedaySoon
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This feedback sounds really encouraging, well done to everybody involved..and to those members of the public that attended.

You say it was packed, Ally, roughly how many were there..can you give us an idea?

Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SomedaySoon wrote:
This feedback sounds really encouraging, well done to everybody involved..and to those members of the public that attended.

You say it was packed, Ally, roughly how many were there..can you give us an idea?

I'd say 150-200. I arrived first with a bunch of friends and feared they'd only be 30 folk but people just kept piling in. Completely varied bunch like at the Griffin event, Leeds seems full of people 'awake', Shayler talked a bit much at the start and finish (I wanted more Q&A)but he certainly has a presence and it was probably him who drew the large crowds, I could tell people wanted to ask more questions but the first few who got on the mic were canny strange ;->
Could have shown a better film than Short Change but nevertheless, can only improve on such a situation, I was flabergasted at the number of people who turned up as I didn't see a single advert for it, however I'd sent out dozens of emails to people in the locality, all my mates were well impressed, shame I'm leaving town at weekend and can't help the crew but they deserve big medals for pulling of such a successful event. Only really heard two hecklers and they were soon drowned out.
Brudenell such a cool venue, it's like the club in Pheonix Nights.

Last edited by Ally on Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:35 am; edited 2 times in total
sonic
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Annie,

Thanks for the link to the event.

I have to say that films like these are very powerful.

This old senior citizen was sat here at his pc crying as he watched you brave people pursue 9/11 truth.

May God bless you all.

The posters and placards look terrific!

I think we need to see and disseminate more of these action films to the masses.

Peace be with you all.
SomedaySoon
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
SomedaySoon wrote:

I'd say 150-200. I arrived first with a bunch of friends and feared they'd only be 30 folk but people just kept piling in. Completely varied bunch like at the Griffin event, Leeds seems full of people 'awake', Shayler talked a bit much at the start and finish (I wanted more Q&A)but he certainly has a presence and it was probably him who drew the large crowds, I could tell people wanted to ask more questions but the first few who got on the mic were canny strange ;->
Could have shown a better film than Short Change but nevertheless, can only improve on such a situation, I was flabergasted at the number of people who turned up as I didn't see a single advert for it, however I'd sent out dozens of emails to people in the locality, all my mates were well impressed, shame I'm leaving town at weekend and can't help the crew but they deserve big medals for pulling of such a successful event. Only really heard two hecklers and they were soon drowned out.
Brudenell such a cool venue, it's like the club in Pheonix Nights.

150-200! Fantastic, well done everybody!!

Out of curiousity, as I haven't seen Short Change, what areas does it concentrate on and how do you feel could be improved?

paul wright

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not play the numbers game but at one point the place was really packed though some drifted off after the film. From a very rough sectional headcount I'd say a minimum of 250 people passed through the door. Fantastic evening
mobypaterson
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i too thought that people drifted off after the movie. would have been good if we could have got some feedback from them...

i was well surprised at the turnout, i arrived about 7 and there was about 10 people there and i thought it was going to be a quiet night but people just kept coming after about half seven Shocked it was ace! standing room only! Cool

Some of the first guys to ask 'questions' were mighty weird with one not asking a question at all, which confused me...

I would definitely recommend it to friends ! Out of ten i'd give it a very positive eight!
mobypaterson
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and a quick PS

does anyone have a copy of short changed they could upload to google vid?

There is some great footage in there that i hadn't seen before, like the damage of the lower half of the towers before they fell and a couple of other bits...

would be good to have it in the collection Wink
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was a fabulous evening - well done to the West Yorkshire group, particularly Joseph, Anthony, Andy and Sean - and thanks for your hospitality afterwards.

And it was great to finally meet so many people that I only knew from this forum - Dave, Dan, Ally, Narinder, Riaz et al.

What particularly impressed me was the number of students there. People were squashed into the club - it really was standing room only! And I liked the idea the group had in producing the feedback forms. It gave them a really good idea of people's reactions and suggestions for future events. Something other groups could start doing.

The film shown, "Short Changed" is going to be slightly revised now, so no version is out yet for distribution. It started out as a compressed version of LC2, specifically made for evenings like this. However, the producers are having a slight rethink about what they want to achieve, so watch this space.

The WY Truth Group with be holding another evening at the same venue on 17th October. They will be showing "Mind the Gap", and Dave and I shall be there again, so try and get along if you can.

Regards

Annie

slowmo
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fantastic event, people were respectful and eager for the information. I'm sure it exceeded all our expectaions and hopes. Thank you David and Annie, and thank you all who attended for a memorable and invigorating event.
Ed WYTC
paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Ed this was over the moon stuff
We're really on the road (to somewhere)
My optimism is at an all time high
We can really carry this off

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to all involved. Well done indeed.
lostpomme
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hope the venue can stand the turnout we get next month. If it's as busy as i think it will be it might be an idea to have a few of us gathered outside with information and DVD's. The club may be filled to capacity. If people are being turned away they need to be given dvd's and info. Dont suppose there are plans to ticket the next one? Might be an idea...
paul wright

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Dan theyre all coming in
In Tarpley's words the train is leaving the station and they're all trying to jump aboard
This is the most vibrant group in the area and we all need to watch our backs

jackchit
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone Laughing
I have just found this site after wasting most of my time over on the LC forum till I recently got banned for outing an admin as a charlaton.

Anyway I have made my way over here and find I have missed an event only 30 miles up the road from me...damn.
I will definately be attending the October 17 event and am writing to offer help if needed, whether it be burning DVD's making flyers whatever, if there is anything I can do just ask.
So I have introduced myself so I'm going to have a look around the forum and see what else is going on.
Also anyone else who frequents the LC forum...Can you believe what is happening over there, the place has gone nuts I was a member over there from the second day it opened and was member number 40 and extremely hacked off at being banned by an imbecile.

cheers, Jack.

PS, did anyone shoot any footage at the Leeds event? If not it may be an idea for the October 17 showing.

Graham
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to nineeleven jackchit.

I know what you mean about the LC boards. I hardly post there now. Sad
simonralli
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackchit

Hi - welcome. Yes - the first meeting was fully videod and I am sure it will be again for the 17th. It may take some time before the footage is youtubed tho.

Latest news for West Yorkshire can be found at the forum on www.wytruth.org.uk

I will probably be the one hosting the evening, but please feel free to introduce yourself to any of the team. Jo is from Skipton so we have quite a wide spread of people now in the Leeds and Broadford area.

Si
mason-free party
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackchit wrote:
Hello everyone Laughing
I have just found this site after wasting most of my time over on the LC forum till I recently got banned for outing an admin as a charlaton.

Anyway I have made my way over here and find I have missed an event only 30 miles up the road from me...damn.
I will definately be attending the October 17 event and am writing to offer help if needed, whether it be burning DVD's making flyers whatever, if there is anything I can do just ask.
So I have introduced myself so I'm going to have a look around the forum and see what else is going on.
Also anyone else who frequents the LC forum...Can you believe what is happening over there, the place has gone nuts I was a member over there from the second day it opened and was member number 40 and extremely hacked off at being banned by an imbecile.

cheers, Jack.

PS, did anyone shoot any footage at the Leeds event? If not it may be an idea for the October 17 showing.

Who was the admin charlaton?...i can't even access the forum or letsroll's forum...my nickname keeps changing to mason_free_party and denies me access...
jackchit
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcomes guys, I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

Mason: the admin I outed was JohnDoeX, he seems to have taken over the entire board and made his followers admin too.
He currently is scaring the poo out of those who don't know his form, he recently posted what he said was an e-mail from a millitary source saying that the US will nuke Iran on the 21st of October.
The guy is a mentalist Shocked

Over at LC the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

I speak most nights on skype to Killtown and he has had similar treatment.
Seems much more civil here Very Happy

jackchit
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump, is the event still on tonight?
paul wright

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starts in two hours
jackchit
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went, had to leave early but got to meet David & Annie, Awesome Very Happy
paul wright

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackchit wrote:
Went, had to leave early but got to meet David & Annie, Awesome Very Happy

Sheffield is in our sights
We have some contacts and the backing of Sheffield indymedia
Sorry to have missed you
Are you willing to take some stuff on board?
Link in here http://westyorkshiretruth.aceboard.com/index.php?login=225988 and say hello
It helps keep contacts in the loop
A rather smaller meeting than last time, but am optimistic was warmer and may be more productive

jackchit
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm sorry I couldn't stick around till the end but I had to get home pretty early to make sure my kids were in bed and their things were ready for school.
Quote:
Are you willing to take some stuff on board?

If this means helping out in any way then yes, certainly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: