FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Book Review - Professor David Ray Griffin's new book.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonic
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Book Review - Professor David Ray Griffin's new book. Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/customer-reviews/0664231179/ref=dp_ nav_0/202-8684488-2370231?ie=UTF8&n=266239&s=books

Peace,

Sonic.
iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should be arriving in my library soon!
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just finished DRG's new book: Christian Faith and the Truth Behind 9/11 and would suggest that it is added to the essential reading list for all 9/11 researchers.

Part 1 deals with 9/11 itself, which we all know about here.

Part 2 of the book provides a Christian critique of American imperialism which I thought might be the least interesting part for me. It actually proved to be the most fascinating, correcting some long held misconceptions along the way.

DRG posits the idea of demonic evil. He reconstructs this view in the context of the Christian gospels and Jesus' response to the evil that was the Roman Empire.

As the demonic evil of the new American imperialism takes shape, DRG calls for the Christian obligation to reflect upon 9/11 and for the church as a whole to take action against the demons in the White House who strive for omnipotence.

iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only problem is the church - particularly the catholic church is traditiojnally and institutionally reactive to the political context of the time - for example during fascism in europe 60 years ago and roman occupation in the early ages they told their congregations to shut up and do as they were told. Similarly in Latin America the church supported imperialism.

If Griffins call for a new religious paradigm works - then all credit to his hard work, i doubt it. The churches in their various formats are all evil, selfish and self servingly corrupt and 9/11 will not change that in my opinion.

I would offer that as a result of 9/11 it is clear the political order has to go and be replaced from ground up - and the same should be the case with organised religion. Both have proved wholly enslaving and corrupt and they are both instrumental to the existence of the 9/11 culture
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now read most of this book too and found it fascinating and enlightened.

The 9/11 Truth Movement has many copies of this book in London. Please contact me or Belinda or Annie if you want one.

Given that a lot of the 9/11 Truth Movement supporters are anti-Christian, some maintaining that Jesus of Nazereth never exisited but was an invention of the Roman authorities to enslave people's minds, and given that as a Quaker I am fascinated by the origins and influence of Christianity, I thought my own opinions on this book might be interpreted as pious Christian nonsense. But in my view David Ray Griffin is firmly on the liberal wing of theological thought and in no way would be an apologist for the powers that be, whether in government or the church.

One fascinating point that stuck in my mind is that when the Enlightenment's influence on theology swept away naive concepts such as the personified Devil complete with horns and forked tongue, it also swept away the concept of organised evil. Griffin revives this concept in a metaphorical sense and argues that in this sense demonic power is causing mischief which emperils the very continuance of life on earth.

How long have we got to avert climatic disaster?

Noel
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmasdale wrote:
How long have we got to avert climatic disaster?

I'm not sure, but the sooner people realise:

1) Global warming has been happening on Mars, Jupiter and Pluto too (it's in various studies)

2) Chemtrails are real and have probably been responsible for global dimming.

the sooner we will have chance to understand better what are options are, before all the meteoriligist go barking up the wrong tree (as the majority are doing).

PM me for more details about the history of Weather Modification.

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iro wrote:
the only problem is the church - particularly the catholic church is traditiojnally and institutionally reactive to the political context of the time - for example during fascism in europe 60 years ago and roman occupation in the early ages they told their congregations to shut up and do as they were told. Similarly in Latin America the church supported imperialism.

If Griffins call for a new religious paradigm works - then all credit to his hard work, i doubt it. The churches in their various formats are all evil, selfish and self servingly corrupt and 9/11 will not change that in my opinion.

I would offer that as a result of 9/11 it is clear the political order has to go and be replaced from ground up - and the same should be the case with organised religion. Both have proved wholly enslaving and corrupt and they are both instrumental to the existence of the 9/11 culture

Any suggestions Iro as to what religion the world's organised religions should be replaced with ?

iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes - none.

spiritualism - now thats a totally different ball game
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's very interesting.

Is that the kind of spiritualism where we are all supposed to ditch our concern for mankind whom you would rather see disposed of down the recycling bin of humanity by chance ?

The kind of spirituality that encourages you to encourage us to save our own necks ?

You are exposed Iro.

You are a fraud.

iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are a paraniod idiot
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL ok.

I may be paranoid, I may be idiotic.

Those two possibilities do not detract however from you dealing in deception now do they.

iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what deception?
stu2306
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Griffin BBC1 Sunday 10 September 2006

Check the interview - seems funny watching Gloria Hunniford - she looks a bit shaken

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=9181676883393469552&q=griffin+2 006
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: