FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Press For Half Truth
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pincher
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Press For Half Truth Reply with quote

Is my memory playing tricks on me or did Mossad fail to feature in this video?

And why was there only innuendo about the collapse of WTC 7 and no exploration of the 'controlled demolition' hypothesis?

Why talk of a USAF 'mutiny' but no mention (again, as far as I can recall)of a CIA organised false flag operation?

And how was Paul Thompson able to get 'Terror Timeline' published by an imprint of Harper Collins (itself a division of News Corp in which Rupert Murdoch is the dominant stakeholder)?

And how exactly did this callow 'environmentally aware' alumnus of Stanford University (home of the Hoover Institute and of the permanently sabbaticalised Condi Rice) get funding for his own 'Research Center?'

Only asking...
HERA
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Less than half Reply with quote

Some characters on this forum have been pushing "Press for Truth".
Incompetence or infiltration?
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted some comments here:

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=26824#26824

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Press For Half Truth Reply with quote

Pincher wrote:
Is my memory playing tricks on me or did Mossad fail to feature in this video?

And why was there only innuendo about the collapse of WTC 7 and no exploration of the 'controlled demolition' hypothesis?

Why talk of a USAF 'mutiny' but no mention (again, as far as I can recall)of a CIA organised false flag operation?

And how was Paul Thompson able to get 'Terror Timeline' published by an imprint of Harper Collins (itself a division of News Corp in which Rupert Murdoch is the dominant stakeholder)?

And how exactly did this callow 'environmentally aware' alumnus of Stanford University (home of the Hoover Institute and of the permanently sabbaticalised Condi Rice) get funding for his own 'Research Center?'

Only asking...

There is certainly a dearth of information concerning the incestual linkages between what we may term 'western' intelligence agencies in PFT, and that seems to be a common thread among what could be termed the more acceptable face to 'straight society' variety of 911 truth.

As an example, do people notice that there are no massed gun battles between the alleged 'factions' in Iraq? That all the ongoing atrocities fit the MO of destabilising black ops as known, loved and practised by western intelligence for generations now? And what would that in turn mean?

In the case of PFT, it looks like we have a choice - allow the possibility of the LIHOP option in order to not frighten the horses, while hoping that a full and proper forensic investigation and examination of the events and their background will ignore such niceties.

At this time, with the possibility of a breakthrough into mainstream consciousness looking likely, I'm tempted to agree that the LIHOPer's approach may be more attractive in terms of getting people on board with the full proviso that that approach will not shackle, blind or muzzle any real re-examination of the evidence wherever it may lead.
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Press for Truth' documents the courageous efforts of the four 9/11 widows to actually get a 9/11 enquiry (for what it was worth, starved of funds and time, narrow terms of reference parameters and the final draught ajudicated by an arch neocon!) something the 7/7 bereaved have failed to get out of Bliar. 9/11PFT was worth it just to see Condi Ricin squirm... what was the name of the document Dr.Rice? Laughing
bratcat808
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHERITON HOTEL wrote:
what was the name of the document Dr.Rice? Laughing

I had to laugh when I saw that "testimony"! And laughed again at the before and after press conferences of Bush about his and Cheney's joint (but not under oath) private testimony.
As politicians go, Bush must be one of the least articulate or charismatic ever, and if I don't laugh at ludicrous nature of it, then crying, or the urge hit something, might overwhelm me! Razz

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." T. Jefferson
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Less than half Reply with quote

HERA wrote:
Some characters on this forum have been pushing "Press for Truth".
Incompetence or infiltration?

I can only speak for myself obviously, but neither hopefully

My own take on this is one of pragmatism

Press for Truth provides some crucial insights that, like it or lump it, were certainly not evidant in the campaign before: it attacks the belly of the credibility of the beast, the conduct of the 911 commission itself, and provides two further areas that encourages the viewer to start asking their own questions, namely prior knowledge and the ISI connection

Its not all things to all men: that much is obvious, and I would certainly consider it niave, if not actually incompetant, from any campaigner to expect everything from a single movie

However, when we have people broadly defined as gatekeepers, wether by intent or ignorance, who have not taken on the pressfortruth information (like, for example, Galloway or Hitchens), which is certainly equal in credibility to any headline news story anywhere, I percieve as a campaigner a new front of attack: and hence I am attacking!

Investigating the information is what this campaign is about, and pretty much the first thing I did after seeing the film was start a thread in critics corner to see if they would be able to rip it apart: which hasnt happened

Instead, comments like this are appearing:

Ignatz wrote:
Having watched the film last night - if this site wishes to rephrase its demands for a re-investigation, to remove the words "authored or facilitated" and replace them with accusations of:

practical and political misjudgement to the point of incompetence
wilfully covering up that incompetence at the Commission and elsewhere
gleefully using 9/11 to justify an otherwise unacceptable political agends

then you'll have my support in an instant

Now Im not advocating changing the wording at the front of the campaign: but look what this information is giving us: a gifthorse in the mouth in moving the perception of these minds

We have many theories about 9/11 and they seem very credible: CD for example, as Andrew has put forward, is a powerful and compelling case

However, its also irrelevant unless and until we can shift the mass conciousness and make it easier for people to question the basis of the "War of Terror" than support continued expansion of the war

And CD, and all the other theories we believe are closer to reality than the offical story, depend on that new investigation to establish them as fact

If we take our eyes of that, we will be outmanouvered by the march of world events and 9/11 Truth risks becoming a footnote in history

So I say:

Grab any lever that works! All together! Pull!

And as always, with "PressforTruth" or anything else: if it doesn't do the job we want: [i]make a better film! [/i]

Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Less than half Reply with quote

John White wrote:
And CD, and all the other theories we believe are closer to reality than the offical story, depend on that new investigation to establish them as fact

CD is not a theory - it is proved. I wish people could really get a dictionary and look at the definitions. We don't need an official investigation to establish this as fact - it is, by virtue of the LAW of gravity (not the THEORY of gravity). Until you understand this, your arguments are not as strong as they could be and need to be.

If 9/11 PFT makes people more curous - great, but going by the effect of F911 (which I rarely if ever hear mentioned as an "awakener"), I don't think it'll have much of an effect.

Really, what I am saying is that most people are aware of the controversy of the 9/11 commission (as demonstrated by the outcry when Kissinger was initially appointed). This film does little but emphasise that controversy and push the "govt incompetence" - a line well established in the MSM already. It basically says "the Jersey girls question the validity of the conclusions of the 9/11 commission" and that's about as far as it goes.

It's a gentle, subtle exercise in saying "yes, we do have questions about 9/11 but we don't really see any conspiracy other than government incompetence and a few 'typical political lies'" which most people accept as part of every day life.

The thread response in Critics Corner encourages a movement to LIHOP - which is exactly what the film has been made for, if you want my opinion.

SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point of order...ther was some brief reference questioning the physics of freefall building collapse in 'Press for Truth'
911PFT showed Cheyney was covering up something by showing how he pressured senators NOT to vote for the enquiry .
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Less than half Reply with quote

Andrew Johnson wrote:
John White wrote:

CD is not a theory - it is proved. I wish people could really get a dictionary and look at the definitions. We don't need an official investigation to establish this as fact - it is, by virtue of the LAW of gravity (not the THEORY of gravity). Until you understand this, your arguments are not as strong as they could be and need to be.

If 9/11 PFT makes people more curous - great, but going by the effect of F911 (which I rarely if ever hear mentioned as an "awakener"), I don't think it'll have much of an effect.

Really, what I am saying is that most people are aware of the controversy of the 9/11 commission (as demonstrated by the outcry when Kissinger was initially appointed). This film does little but emphasise that controversy and push the "govt incompetence" - a line well established in the MSM already. It basically says "the Jersey girls question the validity of the conclusions of the 9/11 commission" and that's about as far as it goes.

It's a gentle, subtle exercise in saying "yes, we do have questions about 9/11 but we don't really see any conspiracy other than government incompetence and a few 'typical political lies'" which most people accept as part of every day life.

The thread response in Critics Corner encourages a movement to LIHOP - which is exactly what the film has been made for, if you want my opinion.

Well we can debate the meaning of the word "theory" but I look as something as "proved" when it has the dominant position in consensual reality: we ain't there yet with the collapse of WTC1 and 2, though we are well on the way with WTC7

Yes, I agree that "pressfortruth" supports a LIHOP position: but it doesnt push for a LIHOP position: the observer of the film does that themselves, and to me that says that LIHOP is the least position the viewer can be expected to adopt: its certainly not the only one

When I see critics move from OCT to LIHOP I see exactly the movement we are looking for: and how long does that stay LIHOP? Our own "awakening" experiances should inform us there

All that is needed is for the slightest detail to be shown indicating active protection of the plot, and LIHOP changes to MIHOP immediately and inevitably:

Then we are left with exploring how deep the corruption goes, and thats where all the scholars information starts to come in

I've made my own personal assesment of the 9/11 information, and if anyone cares to look at the "9/11 Other Voices" section of Malvern Messages, you will see how I have structured the information in traditional truthseeking style using "stickies", starting the closest to consensual reality at the top and moving from there further down the rabbit hole

http://malvernmessages.free-forums.org/malvernmessages-forum-19.html&s id=91b75d46cbb9f11bde8550cadee7289a

If anyone survives that journey with their belief system intact, I'd be suprised, and its clearly working on people in my area, as the feedback is increasingly telling me....

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, just by way of reinforcement to show the direction things are going I'll insert this from info from Mason-Free on another thread in case anyone hasn't seen it there.

MSN poll (71,351 responses)

Do you believe any of the conspiracy theories suggesting the U.S. government was somehow involved in 9/11? * 71351 responses

Yes. The government has left many questions unanswered about that day.
61%

No. These theories are absurd and disrespectful -- especially to those who lost their lives on 9/11.
33%

I'm not sure.
5.7%

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14727720/
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely so Chek

But here in blighty there still seem to be considerable gaps in awareness that folks in the US are questioning 9/11 at all: certainly not these sorts of numbers, and these numbers are of course highly useful for encouraging our fellow Brits to allow themselves to question

However (and of course I could be wrong), I am not aware of any UK National poll questioning our governments account of 9/11?

So as far as my community goes, I'm happy to bang away at first base, and if that leads to everyone going "yes John WE KNOW" then fantastic, job done

My assesment of the reality on the ground here (and obviously I cant speak for elsewhere) is that I was getting a lot of gatekeeping over the more in depth information (like controlled demolition) especially the "Conspiracy theorist" tag. Whichever way we look at that, it needs to change, with no time to waste (Iran) and I will use any credible tool I can get my hands on to do so, which is a lot easier if minds have been pre-levered part way

I never campaign to "lose"

suspecta
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the typical disbeliever has to start off with LIHOP before moving further into Inside Job territory?

I have to admit, LIHOP really bugs me now because it presupposes the existence of groups of angry Muslim extremists plotting to kill us all because they hate our freedoms or some other such baloney.

We have to draw people inexorably towards the inevitable conclusion that the whole thing is either intelligence-led or massively infiltrated and incited by the intelligence services, and that there are no groups of angry Muslims out there able or even willing to carry out these attacks on their own. And I'm saying this because I've looked and looked for 5 years now and haven't found any evidence of it.

Suspecta
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspecta wrote:
Perhaps the typical disbeliever has to start off with LIHOP before moving further into Inside Job territory?

I have to admit, LIHOP really bugs me now because it presupposes the existence of groups of angry Muslim extremists plotting to kill us all because they hate our freedoms or some other such baloney.

We have to draw people inexorably towards the inevitable conclusion that the whole thing is either intelligence-led or massively infiltrated and incited by the intelligence services, and that there are no groups of angry Muslims out there able or even willing to carry out these attacks on their own. And I'm saying this because I've looked and looked for 5 years now and haven't found any evidence of it.

Suspecta

As you pointed out in another thread Suspecta, there are varying latent -and not so latent! - degrees of racism in many people, and that's another factor that makes the LIHOP scenario comfortable to them.

Is it unscrupulous or pragmatic to accommodate (but not pander to) that for the time being? It's a serious ethical question, but if I'm honest I'd likely say go with the pragmatism, at least for now.

In one sense, 911 is the mother of all psy-ops on so many levels, with objectives we still may not be fully aware of.
And yet the opportunity may be arising to comprehensively demolish so many previously held myths that it may yet prove the undoing of all those objectives and beyond.
suspecta
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As you pointed out in another thread Suspecta, there are varying latent -and not so latent! - degrees of racism in many people, and that's another factor that makes the LIHOP scenario comfortable to them.

Is it unscrupulous or pragmatic to accommodate (but not pander to) that for the time being? It's a serious ethical question, but if I'm honest I'd likely say go with the pragmatism, at least for now.

In one sense, 911 is the mother of all psy-ops on so many levels, with objectives we still may not be fully aware of.
And yet the opportunity may be arising to comprehensively demolish so many previously held myths that it may yet prove the undoing of all those objectives and beyond.

You may be right, chek. It takes a while of reading and thinking it all through to come to the conclusion it's all basically a massive psy-ops operation and some people don't have the wherewithal to take it on board.

I have found sceptics able to embrace the idea there's a few crazy Muslims out there who are being aided and abetted by unscrupulous members of the intelligence services for the purposes of furthering the 'war on terror'. After all there are crazies in every religion - I just balk at the idea of furthering the impression that Islam has more than its fair share of crazies because it's so patently untrue. The Koran itself warns against extremism after all!

Suspecta
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspecta wrote:

THis is precisely why films like 9-11 PFT do us few if any favours when taken on their own.

John White wrote:
Well we can debate the meaning of the word "theory" but I look as something as "proved" when it has the dominant position in consensual reality

Yes - and it's up to us to try and establish that "consensual reality" - by realising that it is proof and not a theory - and advising other people of its reality and truth - rather than waiting at least another 5 years for someone "in authority" to do it. Gravity has been "proved" for 300 years - it is part of our consensual reality. And yes for WTC 7 it is even easier to show the truth than with WTC 1 & 2.

Time is of the essence.

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Time is of the essence.

Absolutely Andrew, I wholeheartedly agree

Taking that into account the campaign appears to have two ways forward: develop a strict "party line" to unite around with a single voice message or encourage ever increasing activism around a multiplicity of approaches: the former seems to be at odds with the spirit of the campaign and its approach so far and i'm advocating the later

To my mind, anything that instills any doubt at all in the minds of the general populace can only be a good thing, especially when the time pressure is either entry into Iran or another false flag operation

Of course it would be a many splendoured thing if the entire of the world suddenly woke up to 9/11, but hoping for miracles is not my style:

Just how much more mileage can we get running around the perspectives of "loose Change" and seeking for people willing to make the leap from OTC to full blown MIHOP in one go?. Broadening the effectivness of the campaign can only mean broadening the reach of the message. And as we know so well, once one card falls (like the credibility of the 911 commission), the entire house soon follows

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to echo what John is saying.

Andrew you can claim the physical evidence proves 9/11 is an inside job and I of course will agree with you. But this is not about proving it in our eyes, but of proving it in the eyes of the wider public.

Press for truth I believe is one of the best films in proving the 9/11 cover up to people who have not come across 9/11 truth before. Once the initial hurdle is overcome, we need to trust people to research the evidence more fully themselves and reach informed conclusions.

My sense is that the PTB would love the 9/11 truth movement to continue to focus primarily on the physical evidence because they will trust their ability to create enough of a smoke screen of confusion and argument to put off many people. I would love to see them try and debunk the key arguments of Press for Truth. They can't and that is why it is effective.

So what if it doesn't talk of many crucial issues. This is about being effective. This is about opening the door and provoking a public debate. Once 9/11 truth is well truly at the centre of political debate then other evidence not touched on in Press for Truth can be brought out. The lack of political savvy amongst some 9/11 campaigners never ceases to amaze me, but in speaking in support of the campaign we must each refer to the evidence and arguments we find most effective. There will be no party line as such.

It was these type of arguments that caused the schisms between certain prominent campaigners in the US and a primary reason for this campaign's 'no endorsement' policy.
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Johnson wrote:
THis is precisely why films like 9-11 PFT do us few if any favours when taken on their own.

But they never will be taken on their own. They form an important part of the overall jigsaw of evidence and 9-11 PFT is a key one in opening the door initially.
TimmyG
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

press for truth is one of the most valueable documentarys to date imo.

Quote:

i agree. many disbelievers do i think. how many people have you tried to talk to about 9/11 and you get 'don't be ridiculous! they'd never do such a thing? why would they do that?'
theres a lot of ground work to do on these people. and you're gonna have to convince them to look at the evidence thats out there by talking at them! most of the time they won't be bothered. or will pick out the most far fetched part of the story and use it to dismiss the idea of any further investigation.

press for truth does the ground work so we don't have to! and it is the victims familes on camera so its very hard for even the most hardened critic to dispute!

i'm telling ya.. its the future.

Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:
Andrew you can claim the physical evidence proves 9/11 is an inside job and I of course will agree with you. But this is not about proving it in our eyes, but of proving it in the eyes of the wider public.

Key point - Ian - do I "claim" the acceleration due to gravity is 9.81 m/s^2 or IS IT 9.81 m/s^2? This is the most fundamental point - and the rest flows from it.

If 911 PFT is such a great movie, then consider that Bush won the election after Michael Moore's film was released. Why don't we just show that? (And why has nobody in the movement already suggested this?)

There is big money behind this film - and there's a reason for that - to "soften us up".

Challenge to anyone wishing to take it.

Show 9/11 PFT to a "virgin" audience - ask them at the end if you think it was an "inside job". If they say "no" then the banners we have had made are a bit pointless.

Fine, if you have them for, say, 3 hours and you can show them PFT then, I dunno, Loose Change or something, that would probably change things, but I would be surprised if showing PFT 1st would make all that much difference - knowing how many people have already said "Well, I watched Loose Change and that woke me up".

Quote:

It was these type of arguments that caused the schisms between certain prominent campaigners in the US and a primary reason for this campaign's 'no endorsement' policy.

Yes - but does this include that we don't endorse any of the evidence as proof of an inside job though? I can understand people not endorsing evidence as to "whodunnit" but this is different to proving it WAS done (i.e. CD, for example). If we don't endorse it was an Inside Job (which PFT fails to address, it seems) then why do we have 12 foot banners saying this?

Of course people can show PFT - and if they get a good reaction and people come away wanting to spread the word about CD of the WTC, then fine - I'll shut my big fat gob.

As they say - "You can tell a Yorkshireman, but ye can't tell 'im much."

P.S. I believe this film will, like F911, be going on General Release (look at screenings page below) where, ahem - it will be being shown.... on it's own.... and it may be enough to satisfy many peoples questions about 9/11 withthout them ever seriously questioning the "muslims gone bad" scenario - and the PTB will love this, as it perpetuates the WOT myth.

PPS I found this page interesting in its emphasis:

http://www.911pressfortruth.com/take-action

TimmyG
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you've got a point andrew...

bloody hell.

my head hurts now.
i'm going to bed

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Johnson wrote:
ian neal wrote:

Key point - Ian - do I "claim" the acceleration due to gravity is 9.81 m/s^2 or IS IT 9.81 m/s^2? This is the most fundamental point - and the rest flows from it.

If 911 PFT is such a great movie, then consider that Bush won the election after Michael Moore's film was released. Why don't we just show that? (And why has nobody in the movement already suggested this?)

There is big money behind this film - and there's a reason for that - to "soften us up".

Challenge to anyone wishing to take it.

Show 9/11 PFT to a "virgin" audience - ask them at the end if you think it was an "inside job". If they say "no" then the banners we have had made are a bit pointless.

Fine, if you have them for, say, 3 hours and you can show them PFT then, I dunno, Loose Change or something, that would probably change things, but I would be surprised if showing PFT 1st would make all that much difference - knowing how many people have already said "Well, I watched Loose Change and that woke me up".

Quote:

Yes - but does this include that we don't endorse any of the evidence as proof of an inside job though? I can understand people not endorsing evidence as to "whodunnit" but this is different to proving it WAS done (i.e. CD, for example). If we don't endorse it was an Inside Job (which PFT fails to address, it seems) then why do we have 12 foot banners saying this?

Of course people can show PFT - and if they get a good reaction and people come away wanting to spread the word about CD of the WTC, then fine - I'll shut my big fat gob.

As they say - "You can tell a Yorkshireman, but ye can't tell 'im much."

P.S. I believe this film will, like F911, be going on General Release (look at screenings page below) where, ahem - it will be being shown.... on it's own.... and it may be enough to satisfy many peoples questions about 9/11 withthout them ever seriously questioning the "muslims gone bad" scenario - and the PTB will love this, as it perpetuates the WOT myth.

Like Timmy G, its saturday night so i'm not going to make a detailed reply

However, I see no problems here that cannot be turned into oportunities

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just repeat that PFT won't be considered in isolation. The 9/11 truth movement is too big to allow that so at the end of the day, I feel it is an invaluable addition to the growing catelogue of 9/11 truth films. Different films appeal to different audiences and the power of PFT will be shown (or not) based on experience.
andrewwatson
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half the truth is better than no truth - is it?

It's a moot point. I suppose so. I haven't seen PFT but I see no indication that it anything but TruthLite.

By the way, has anyone seen or heard anything of Loose Change Final Cut?
I have heard that they have abandoned No Boeing at the Pentagon. I am a bit concerned that LTW are going soft. The other day Dylan Avery attacked Nico Haupt on a blog and recently he banned Killtown - whose name features prominently in the credits fo LC2E - from his own forum.

At the Ground Zero demo on 09/11/06 they all wore tee-sirts with the feeble slogan 'INVESTIGATE 911'. Hardly going to set the Hudson river on fire.

For myself I was converted in about two minutes by this excellent site.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
However, I see no problems here that cannot be turned into oportunities

Maybe not - but I still see this film is designed to make our job harder because:

1) It is a LIHOP film - and a good one at that.
Ian Neal wrote:
I would just repeat that PFT won't be considered in isolation.

2) It is going on more general release - backed by big money - so though inside the movement (small but growing) it may not be viewed in isolation but outside (much bigger) it will likely be seen in isolation (just like United 93)

TimmyG
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
By the way, has anyone seen or heard anything of Loose Change Final Cut?
I have heard that they have abandoned No Boeing at the Pentagon. I am a bit concerned that LTW are going soft.

sounds like they're tightening their case to me. which is a good thing.
no-one can conclusively say what hit the pentagon

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Johnson wrote:

How does a film exposing prior knowledge and a whitewashed commission satisfy peoples question about 9/11? It seems like a recipe to demand action to me: its certainly not a formula for supporting the War on Terror

Quote:
Take Action
A National Grassroots Campaign to Make September 11th the Issue For the 2006 Electoral Stage.
‘9/11 Press For Truth’ was intended to open the American public’s eyes to how little is still known about the events of September 11th, thanks to both the failure of the news media and of the 9/11 Commission. As Paul Thompson said near the end of the film, “We can’t go on and have these wars and re-order our whole society around a false understanding of what 9/11 was. We have to go beyond the myth and get to the truth. We have to.”

Many who have watched the movie have been moved to action. The question we keep getting is, “What can I do about this?” There have been some rumblings both in Congress and among the 9/11 families about a new, truly independent re-investigation*. But that won’t happen without your help.

(*NOTE: A “truly independent investigation” implies at minimum: a) nationally respected impartial commissioners approved by victim family representatives; b) supervisory participation by members of the 9/11 Family Steering Committee who initially demanded a 9/11 investigation; and c) legally binding subpeona power and access to all relevent witnesses and documents.)

Course of Action
The initial goal is to require every candidate running for the US House or Senate in 2006 to publicly declare whether he/she will support a truly independent re-investigation* of the events surrounding 9/11 which will examine all possibilities. This will be accomplished and augmented with the following steps:

Develop a List of all Senate and Congressional candidates from all parties in your state.
Poll Each and Every Candidate (locally and personally, when possible) regarding their awareness of/interest in 9/11 issues, and their support for a new and truly independent investigation.* This includes all independents and third party challengers from the Libertarians, Greens, Reform Party, etc. See this questionnaire.

(If possible, before polling, activists can/should offer candidates a DVD of ‘9/11 Press For Truth’ so that the candidate can begin to learn first-hand the issues at stake.)
Publish All Candidate Responses on the Internet so that others in your state can benefit from your research. Highlight a list of candidates who are making a truly independent re-investigation* a part of their analyses and campaigns. (This will present activists with the opportunity to contribute time, energy and resources to promising campaigns in their regions.)
Encourage Widespread Bird-dogging at all public electoral events with crowd- & thought-provoking 9/11 questions, until every campaign spokesperson will have to have a briefing paper on the candidate’s position re a new 9/11 investigation*.

Sample bird-dog question (preferably addressed to candidate(s) in front of cameras, microphones, news teams, etc.): “Recent Zogby polls have shown that less than half of voting age Americans trust the integrity or conclusions of the 9/11 Commission, and 45% demand an entirely new investigation, one that examines all possibilities. Since hundreds of victim family questions remain unanswered to this day, yet this administration continues to use 9/11 to justify foreign wars, domestic spying, torture, no-bid contracts, ballooning deficits, unprecedented secrecy and a host of other dangerous policies, many feel that such an inquiry is long overdue. Ralph Nader, Reagan economic advisor, Paul Craig Roberts, Rabbi Michael Lerner, the leaders of the Green and Libertarian parties, and hundreds of other prominent Americans now support this demand. Do you think our citizens deserve a deeper look into 9/11 events and would you support a new investigation?”
Contribute DVDs of ‘9/11 Press For Truth’ to communities where candidates’ platforms include supporting a truly independent re-investigation*. (Running the movie on Public Access in those areas would be a good initial strategy. Please contact the filmmakers first at Ray@BandedArtists.com if you wish to pursue such an avenue.) Briefing kits and teaching materials will eventually be made available on this site to accompany the DVD, but we need an enormous amount of grassroots involvement to make this campaign work.
More information for college activists

Campaign Tools
Candidate Tracker
To locate all candidates for federal office in your region and beyond use this nifty web tool from Project Vote Smart.

Election Analysis Maps
The Election Guide from the New York Times (Note: the Times remains congenitally blind to Greens, Libertarians, etc, even when they are printed on the ballot. Use Vote Smart to find all the candidates.)

Questionnaire
Candidate Questionnaire

Briefing Resources
DVDs of ‘9/11 Press For Truth’ can be purchased from the Center For Cooperative Research.

US Congress: The 9/11 McKinney Hearings
Recently, the full transcripts and submissions for the Congressional Record of the special all-day hearing (July 2005) in the US House of Representatives sponsored by Hon. Rep. Cynthia McKinney and Hon. Rep. Raul Grijalva, The 9/11 Commission Report: One Year Later—A Citizen’s Response, have been published in full online. This groundbreaking dossier includes my testimony and essays entered into the Congressional Record, along with that of other intelligence experts, scholars, journalists, and 9/11 families. The dossier is a brilliant and balanced resource for understanding the grounds for an independent public inquiry into 9/11, without the pitfalls of bizarre theories.

Family Steering Committee
The questions that the Family Steering Committee originally submitted to the 9/11 Commission to be asked of those testifying are still available at their web site.

As the “Jersey Girls” revealed in ‘9/11 Press For Truth’, only 30 percent of them were answered by the Final Report. It is with these questions that any new, truly independent commission would need to begin.

Paul Thompson
The following essays by Paul Thompson, the researcher behind The Complete 9/11 Timeline, may be printed and included as accompanying material for the DVD as part of a briefing kit for local candidates and their staff

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/essay_pf.jsp?article=essayairdefens e

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/essay_pf.jsp?article=essayaninteres tingday

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/essay_pf.jsp?article=essaysaeed

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/essay_pf.jsp?article=essaykhalidand nawaf

Contribute
If you have the resources, please make a donation to the Center For Cooperative Research, a 501c3 fiscally-sponsored organization, to help in them in their continued efforts at open-content civic journalism like Paul Thompson’s The Complete 9/11 Timeline.

NOTE: This plan of action is based on one available at 911Truth.org. Thanks to David Kubiak and the 911Truth.org steering committee for devising it.

Theres the page you have found "interesting" Andrew. The Thompson links are certainly very well researched, whatever one's opinion about how far the conclusions do or do not go. Are their issues over this being a campaign model developed with www.911truth.org? Its certainly similar to the approach taken with Aaron Russo's "freedom to facism" campaign.

Is the UK mainstream media talking about the Whitewash of the 9/11 commission?

No?

Well then, as a Truth Campaigner I see work to do

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Post story concluded with a remarkable Editor's Note: "How much effort the Bush administration made in going after Osama bin Laden before the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, became an issue last week after former president Bill Clinton accused President Bush's 'neocons' and other Republicans of ignoring bin Laden until the attacks. Rice responded in an interview that 'what we did in the eight months was at least as aggressive as what the Clinton administration did in the preceding years.'"

I'm the first to admit this move is interesting. We much watch that the democrats do not steal the "prior knowledge" ground from the 911 truth campaign

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=4594

jason67
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:

Just how much more mileage can we get running around the perspectives of "loose Change" and seeking for people willing to make the leap from OTC to full blown MIHOP in one go?. Broadening the effectivness of the campaign can only mean broadening the reach of the message. And as we know so well, once one card falls (like the credibility of the 911 commission), the entire house soon follows

Having just watched the film I agree with John White and Ian Neal on this one. Anything that anything that can bring the subject to a wider audience can only be a good thing, even if comes from a LIHOP approach.

Yes, it doesnt address the collapse of any of the buildings (especially wtc7) in any detail, but it does a least show the fall of wtc7 which I suspect not many people even know about.

It differs from F911 because, although it does focus on the Bush administation's 'incompetence' on the day and after, it brings to light some important issuses.

One being the role of the media post 911 which I'm sure (or hope) will make a few believers in the OTC start to question and investigate.

Another point that came across well was the obvious whitewash by the Kean commission: the attempted appointment of old HK and the documents that were too 'classified' for all but two members to see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: