FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IRAN WAR. WHAT WILL YOU DO???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeFecToR
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: IRAN WAR. WHAT WILL YOU DO??? Reply with quote

If the west attacks Iran, what will YOU do?

Nuclear or otherwise, if an attack is launched one option we all have is to perform a general strike.

Who would be willing to join this action?

If you accept the idea please spread it.

(Thanks chek.)

iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would dearly love to...but understand it has to be massive and spontaneous. these things cannot be planned - when they work best they work because there is a common feeling that simply propells it
Roger the Horse
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy enough to go on strike now if enough people to make an impact care to join me.
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a strange question, what will I do if the 'west' goes to war with Iran?

By the 'west' you mean western governments. My understanding is that governments do not negotiate with terrorists - do you honestly think that 'strikers' will wield any more influence? I genuinely do not believe that our (UK) government would be held to ransom by such action, it isn't the way they function.

The only people who could strike who would make any impact are the armed forces from the lowest to highest ranks.

However, if there was an organised general strike across the board = everyone, then yes I would do it, but I cannot see it happening or making any difference if it did.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
Bicnarok
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This wont work, there´s too many people happy with thier little worlds to want to spoil it by risking loosing thier job, too many people who actually believe the governments line, too many people who don´t give a toss and the others who choose to do something, well they can get put in jail or worse in some secret CIA concentration camp.

I´d be sacked on the spot if I striked, simple as that. Try and explain that to my wife and kids why were suddenly on the street.

What good will it do if all the "truth" seekers are locked up, who is going to rebel then?

No, the timning has to be flawless, one day the opertunity will arise, the mistake will be made and the axe will fall.

Rabbie McM
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with a general strike. I would like to think that the public would be revulsed enough that there may be a chance of this occurring, it would probably need to be spontaneous though at the lower branch levels.
Unions are controlled at national level.

I pray to God that this situation with Iran is just sabre rattling; however past lies and attrocities do not make me feel confident.
iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
This is a strange question, what will I do if the 'west' goes to war with Iran?

By the 'west' you mean western governments. My understanding is that governments do not negotiate with terrorists - do you honestly think that 'strikers' will wield any more influence? I genuinely do not believe that our (UK) government would be held to ransom by such action, it isn't the way they function.

The only people who could strike who would make any impact are the armed forces from the lowest to highest ranks.

However, if there was an organised general strike across the board = everyone, then yes I would do it, but I cannot see it happening or making any difference if it did.

western gov'ts don't negotiate with terrorists they own and operate them through backdoor covert ops. No need to negotiate with as aspect of your national policy that is fulfilling its cause brilliantly.

what i have highlighted in bold above is a coup.

I think you need to understand what you are insinuating here as if the army go on the streets you are in martial law - no freedoms etc. That will never happen in the UK. Ask anyone in the services - they are deeply unhappy about their current orders and operations in the middle east, but they are bound by oath, tradition and duty to do what they are asked and they will do it at least for the large part. I have researched this myself with the parents of iraqi deployed service persons and thats the conclusion i have derived through a detailed qualitative study about 6 months ago.
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what i have highlighted in bold above is a coup.

I think you need to understand what you are insinuating here as if the army go on the streets you are in martial law - no freedoms etc. That will never happen in the UK. Ask anyone in the services - they are deeply unhappy about their current orders and operations in the middle east, but they are bound by oath, tradition and duty to do what they are asked and they will do it at least for the large part. I have researched this myself with the parents of iraqi deployed service persons and thats the conclusion i have derived through a detailed qualitative study about 6 months ago.

I admit to be being somewhat uncertain as to exactly what point you attempting to make? I never made any assertion about the army going on the streets by insinuation or otherwise, I simply said that you cannot engage in military action if your army refuses to fight, i.e. they cease to fill the role they are employed to do by choice., in other words they down tools, in this case their weapons.

I thought 'coup' was a very quick change of government, I have never seen it used as an expression for an army who walked away from a fight.

But there again I see so much bizarre interpretation and semantic gamesmanship in these forums where people attempt to confuse and wriggle out of things that have been typed, it can often be difficult to make a simple point as half the people are dedicated to automatically disagree and attempt to 'prove' you wrong.

Gone are the days of straightforward debate, we now have links and images and quotes and bad language, this combined with the subject matter, makes it a highly convoluted environment.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep centered and deal with the world from my spiritual focus, come what may

As I'm self employed as a writer, my physical contribution to a general strike would be minimal in terms of removal of labour, but it terms of galvanising a community theres plenty can be done

This weekend I'm running Issue 5 of my newsletter, which will be advertising a Poll on "War in Iran: YES or NO?". Of course I expect a lot of "NO's" which allows me to then pose the question "So what would you do?" to my local community

But I also recognise that wheels are in motion.

I was thinking last night about my world view and everything it informs me about current World events.

In my world view, this is a dangerous time beteeen now and the mid-term US elections. There must be a very credible likelyhood that Bush will be mauled and the Neo-Cons neutered for the next 2 years. Iraq and Afghanistan have stalled, and there can be no doubt that casualities and problems are much more severe than is being reported

To my mind, such a result would make the world a safer place. Yet, given what I view these people as capable of, the risk of an "event" before those elections setting off Iran has to be very high

So we can only do what we can and be who we are

And in a little private place, pray

zappasearcher
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all need to remember MK Gandhi here. He once called for a 'Day of Prayer and Fasting' NOT a strike but it was essentially the same.
I don't think we'll get the same response from the whole country like Gandhi did but...

I think we should have a 'Day of Prayer and Mourning' the day after strikes against Iran begin.

An atmosphere of mourning (like a Rememberance Sunday)needs to be maintained throughout the day. People could wear flowers and do candlelit vigils, gather together etc. if desired.
As little purchasing as possible should be exercised and TV/Radio propaganda turned off.

In fact maybe Poppy Day (R.Sunday) needs to be rethought a bit nowadays to include the civilians & soldiers killed in war AND terrorism from enemies HOME or abroad.

How about 'Peace Poppys' to wear on Rememberance Sunday. Buy a normal poppy and customize it or print up some other colour for us to wear on Nov 11th instead of the usual red.

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Gather in your Public Park" is something worth a try

Thats a very simple message actually

Flyers could be handed out to dicsussions on forums and local meetings could be organised

Its dead easy to get a forum:

http://www.free-forums.org/allforums.php

Totally free, just name it and sign up

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My contribution to a general strike would also not make a blind bit of difference to anyone (for a while).

But I agree that peace gatherings the day after anything nasty is a good one.

How about a worldwide badge 'Nuclear Strike= General Strike'.
We could spread this idea across many international forums, preferably before it's too late.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: