FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTC Fires

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: WTC Fires Reply with quote

Does anyone have a link to information about the estimated temperatures of the fires at the World Trade Center buildings? At forums people come up with all sorts of numbers and it seems they at times pull them out of thin air. I hear people suggesting the temperatures were much higher than it seems that they really were for the sake of satisfying their arguments. There’s also a big difference between peak temperatures and sustained temperatures which would be necessary for softening or melting steel. People always talk about the jet fuel but from everything I’ve read it burned up very quickly, even FEMA admits this.

http://ny911truth.org/events/DRG_events_report.htm
Quote:

According to FEMA, the vast majority of the jet fuel, burned up very quickly. Most of the jet fuel burned up in the first few seconds, and the remainder of it, burned up within 10 minutes.
Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When getting into this stuff (as a ct'ist) I exchanged views with a UK fire technician over on a UK firefighters forum. I still have the info at home and will post later. Also fire research websites. The answer will be sustained temps of around 900c - 1000c or so, with transient higher temperatures at flashover, as I recall.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still at a bit of a loss to understand why this evidence is still being discussed when we know the basic science which proves WTC 7 simply cannot have been destroyed by anything other than CD.

Just print this information on a leaflet, go out and give it to people. This is far more productive than posting, reposting and re-debating it here.

Try looking at these topics and doing something, if you have chance.

Thanks.

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewforum.php?f=18

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anyone have a link to information about the estimated temperatures of the fires at the World Trade Center buildings?

http://911review.com/articles/griffin/nyc1.html#noprior

Quote:
Thomas Eagar,....., says that the fires were “probably only about 1,200 or 1,300˚F” (Eagar, 2002).

There are reasons to believe, moreover, that the fires were not even that hot. As photographs show, the fires did not break windows or even spread much beyond their points of origin (Hufschmid, 2002, p. 40). This photographic evidence is supported by scientific studies carried out by NIST, which found that of the 16 perimeter columns examined, “only three columns had evidence that the steel reached temperatures above 250˚C [482˚F],” and no evidence that any of the core columns had reached even those temperatures (2005, p. 8Cool.

Note those temperatures 1,200 - 1,300 are in Fahrenheit!! This is equal to
around 700 Centigrade.

For more information on the absurdity of the official account of 9/11 see

"The Destruction of the World Trade Center:
Why the Official Account Cannot Be True

by David Ray Griffin

http://911review.com/articles/griffin/nyc1_toc.html
Me
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the help........

Quote:
I am still at a bit of a loss to understand why this evidence is still being discussed when we know the basic science which proves WTC 7 simply cannot have been destroyed by anything other than CD.

I wasn't talking about building seven, the towers. A person at another forum is claiming that a fireman said that the fires were nearly 3,000 degrees and I knew it was false. This is why some people still believe it was from fire. I wanted information to refute it.

I also know that the paint tests of the debris analyzed showed that the steel was exposed to no temp. above 500F.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: