FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Planes Yay or Nay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

planes or no planes
YES - PLANES
70%
 70%  [ 19 ]
NO - NO PLANES
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 27

THETRUTHWILLSETU3
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Planes Yay or Nay Reply with quote

Lets Vote
Wokeman
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are enough potential differences to split the movement. This step would open up a chasm
optimus79
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the planes win, can the NPT be bannished to the 7th level of hell and be forgotten about.

(At least until officially 9/11 is exposed as a lie, then we can look at the small print) Surprised
hampton
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least two other options should be added to polls of this nature:
probably & probably not.

regarding the 'no planes theory', i don't see it makes any difference either way.

there's enough hard evidence out there.

and this only muddies the waters and makes a hard job even harder.

it's already hard enough trying to convince some people, even with the overwhelming evidence that's available.

i have a fairly open mind but i think if i'd have heard this early on it wouldn't have helped my understanding of the situation.

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

There are series of problems with this vote.

1) Just because you are registered here does not mean you are 'on-side'

2) Not everyone will be equally familiar with the evidence (both pro and counter) to make an informed decision

3) The whole TV fakery, etc. debate does not boil down to planes or no planes. Andrew Johnson, who does follow this debate closely describes in theories more accurately as 'no big boeings'

4) As well yes or no, there should be an option for don't know, undecided, not familiar with the evidence

5) Any vote could well be seen as unnecessarily devisive, so I won't be voting

Cheers

Ian
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't be voting either. Not because I don't believe "no planes" but mostly because I have to agree with Ian, esp. (5).

I think it is more important that we just get the nuts and bolts evidence out among the general public. Any muddied topics like this won't do us or anybody else any favours.
Bicnarok
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted "planes" because ist so bloody obvious that planes hit the 2 towers (not pentagon or that field). Whether they were the actual planes that they claimed is another question.

Just because 1 reporter said he didn´t see a plane because he wasn´t looking at the towers constantly, and probably looked away at that second. And some artifact, compression frame loss errors on some videos get blown out of preportion by those who have no experience of video editing/compression.

the "no plane" idea was put out to discredit the whole 9/11 truth movement imo.

Im not going to sit on the fence.!

James C
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:
Hi

There are series of problems with this vote.

1) Just because you are registered here does not mean you are 'on-side'

2) Not everyone will be equally familiar with the evidence (both pro and counter) to make an informed decision

3) The whole TV fakery, etc. debate does not boil down to planes or no planes. Andrew Johnson, who does follow this debate closely describes in theories more accurately as 'no big boeings'

4) As well yes or no, there should be an option for don't know, undecided, not familiar with the evidence

5) Any vote could well be seen as unnecessarily devisive, so I won't be voting

Cheers

Ian

Ian, you sound too much like a politician and a devious one at that. There are no problems with this vote, it is simple and straight forward. Either planes were used or they were not - not hard to understand really. Your list sounds like rhetorical twaddle to me.

1) If we work on the basis that not everyone is who they say they are then we might as well have no votes ever - but it's always nice to try and gauge current thinking. It's harmless and free after all.

2) If anyone feels they are ill informed then either they will not vote or will vote with their gut instinct. In which case, what difference does it make?

3) If it's not Boeings then it still boils down to planes or no-planes. This is the issue. A plane is something that a child would recognise; has wings, usually a pilot and engines and contains human beings. Anything else, such as a missile, bombs, TV fakery etc is therefore not a plane and would fall into the no-plane category. The no 7x7's issue is conspiracy jargon for let's complicate the argument to sound good.

4) Fair point

5) Let's try and not take this too seriously shall we. It is only a vote and as in the case of all votes it could mean everything or it could be completely meaningless. Either way, it should not affect your life too much so at least have the balls to make a decision.
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James C wrote:

Ian, you sound too much like a politician and a devious one at that. There are no problems with this vote, it is simple and straight forward. Either planes were used or they were not - not hard to understand really. Your list sounds like rhetorical twaddle to me.

1) If we work on the basis that not everyone is who they say they are then we might as well have no votes ever - but it's always nice to try and gauge current thinking. It's harmless and free after all.

2) If anyone feels they are ill informed then either they will not vote or will vote with their gut instinct. In which case, what difference does it make?

3) If it's not Boeings then it still boils down to planes or no-planes. This is the issue. A plane is something that a child would recognise; has wings, usually a pilot and engines and contains human beings. Anything else, such as a missile, bombs, TV fakery etc is therefore not a plane and would fall into the no-plane category. The no 7x7's issue is conspiracy jargon for let's complicate the argument to sound good.

4) Fair point

5) Let's try and not take this too seriously shall we. It is only a vote and as in the case of all votes it could mean everything or it could be completely meaningless. Either way, it should not affect your life too much so at least have the balls to make a decision.

Ian is concerned with keeping the movement together rather than creating unneccessary divisions. So am I.

If that makes us devious politicians, so be it. I'd rather have that label than see the movement split.

Some people in this movement are campaigners, striving to build a campaign which will have enough public support behind it to expose the fact that we have been lied to by the powers that be. Others in this movement are researchers, trying to solve an interesting puzzle about what really happened. Quarrels between researchers, which can get quite heated and bitter, tend to damage the campaign. That is why I am increasingly feeling that arguments about what really happened should not be on the main campaigning site.

I agree with James C's point that we should try not to take this vote too seriously. Unfortunately some people probably will, and folk who disagree with each other will start calling each other shills, CIA and Mossad agents and it will all get very heated and nasty.

That's why I for one am not voting. I'm a campaigner.

Noel
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James C wrote:

Ian, you sound too much like a politician and a devious one at that.

I may sound like a devious politician to you. You are welcome to your opinion. But if you truly believe that to be the case: namely that I have a hidden agenda and that I am being devious, you have a responsibility to check it out before sharing you ill-informed nonsense more widely.

How do you check it out? You meet with me and you discuss your concerns with me. You then check with other people who know me or have an informed opinion of me, so that they can shed some light on your concerns. Then when you know what you are talking about, you can share you wisdom more widely.

I'm not hard to track down and neither are those who have been involved in this campaign over the past 3 years
adam1
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: bin the vote Reply with quote

I agree that the vote idea should be binned.
What will it gain?
Further, and I don't want to slander anyone unnecessarily, but it does not seem that Truthwillsetusfree, or whatever their name is, has contributed a lot of divisive issues recently, the latest being the Holocaust thread which was closed by the moderators (thank you).
Unless this poster is able to respond fulsomely, displaying a fair degree of human empathy using a respectful and reasoned tone, then I, for one, will remain suspicious of their intent.
Feel free to change my opinion.

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst Truthwillsetus3 is not known to me, s/he is known to Andrew Johnson, whose judgement I do trust, so I don't doubt his or her motives.

On certain occasions such as here I do question his/her judgement but that's fine. We don't have to agree about everything
James C
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:
James C wrote:

I may sound like a devious politician to you. You are welcome to your opinion. But if you truly believe that to be the case: namely that I have a hidden agenda and that I am being devious, you have a responsibility to check it out before sharing you ill-informed nonsense more widely.

How do you check it out? You meet with me and you discuss your concerns with me. You then check with other people who know me or have an informed opinion of me, so that they can shed some light on your concerns. Then when you know what you are talking about, you can share you wisdom more widely.

I'm not hard to track down and neither are those who have been involved in this campaign over the past 3 years

So what you are saying here is that I shouldn't use this forum to air my views but to discuss matters with you in private. Well what is the point of having a forum? It's a public debating chamber isn't it? If you don't like people attacking you then you shouldn't write posts which suggest that other people's opinions will not matter on a particular occasion because they are either ill informed, agents of the government or the subject matter is nonsense anyway. What right do you have to quash other people's opinions without offering good reason to do so and use such a holier-than-thou approach in the process?

Do you know me? No - yet you feel fit to suggest that I'm an idiot in turn for saying what I say. Do I run to mummy and suggest that we all meet in private for a group hug? No - because I am quite capable of continuing any discussion rationally to seek resolution or at least air my opinion without screaming 'libel'. Seems you would do well to try such a stratgey rather than requesting a pointless face to face meet up just to save your face.
suspecta
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a forum for public debate but it's also a platform for getting out the information that 9-11 was very likely an inside job. We are already battling a common perception that we are ' irrational conspiracy theorists', so we should be aiming to broadcast the known facts of that day as clearly and comprehensibly as possible, bearing in mind the less questioning general public's propensity to turn away at the slightest sign of irrationality.

The no-planes theory may well be just too alienating for the general public to be worth giving much airspace to here. If I was an idle websurfer who came across this site by accident I would be immediately put off by excessive or prominent reference to 'no planes hit the WTC'.

The vast majority of idle surfers would have seen so much footage of the planes hitting that they would just be disinclined to give the idea any credence, and it would just conform them in their view that the posters here are indeed the irrational conspiracy theorists they had always suspected.

Do we really want to put these people off?

Yes there should be debate here but not to the extent that these people should be frightened off - time could well be too short.

Surely the priority should be to convince as many people as possible that the war on terror is phony, and that the stories we have been fed about 19 Muslim hijackers are lies. Anything else is self-indulgent and even irrelevant and detracts from the crucial issue.

Even if the no planes theory is true (which I very much doubt), how can it possibly help the cause here to keep discussing it ad infinitum? The war on terror is just as phony with or without planes and surely the priority is to discuss it without alienating the general public.

Suspecta
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James C wrote:
ian neal wrote:
James C wrote:

I may sound like a devious politician to you. You are welcome to your opinion. But if you truly believe that to be the case: namely that I have a hidden agenda and that I am being devious, you have a responsibility to check it out before sharing you ill-informed nonsense more widely......

So what you are saying here is that I shouldn't use this forum to air my views but to discuss matters with you in private. Well what is the point of having a forum? It's a public debating chamber isn't it? If you don't like people attacking you then you shouldn't write posts which suggest that other people's opinions will not matter on a particular occasion because they are either ill informed, agents of the government or the subject matter is nonsense anyway. What right do you have to quash other people's opinions without offering good reason to do so and use such a holier-than-thou approach in the process?

Do you know me? No - yet you feel fit to suggest that I'm an idiot in turn for saying what I say. Do I run to mummy and suggest that we all meet in private for a group hug? No - because I am quite capable of continuing any discussion rationally to seek resolution or at least air my opinion without screaming 'libel'. Seems you would do well to try such a stratgey rather than requesting a pointless face to face meet up just to save your face.

My first post was pointing out what I see as the flaws in this vote. If people want to vote, be my guest

My second post was suggesting that if you reckon I'm devious and have a hidden agenda, you should check this out. How you do that is up to you. I'm not suggesting anyone runs for their mummy or has private group hugs (unless they want to)

You are of course right that this is a public forum. One in which my views are no more important than any one else's per se. So feel free to continue to call me a devious politician. If you do, I will continue to deny I have any hidden agenda or that I'm any thing other than what I say I am. Do I say you are idiot? Certainly not, but on this one occasion you are talking nonsense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: