FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All critics should watch this...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bicnarok
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent speach, and hits the nail on the head.
aggle-rithm
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: All critics should watch this... Reply with quote

Bongo Brian wrote:
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-7895306224389722116&q=911

I listened until I got to the part where he suggested that opponents of the truthiness movement also reject the idea that rescue workers were exposed to toxins at ground zero through the incompetence and/or wishful thinking of the EPA.

Not true.

What we reject is not an entire package of beliefs, but goofy notions in general. Just because we reject the idea that WTC7 was intentionally demolished so that Larry Silverstein could get the insurance money and somehow get George Bush the war he wanted (I haven't figured that part out yet), doesn't mean that we also reject anything reasonable that a conspiracy theorist might put forth. After all, you can't spout nonsense 24/7, can you?
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I listened until I got to the part where he suggested that opponents of the truthiness movement also reject the idea that rescue workers were exposed to toxins at ground zero through the incompetence and/or wishful thinking of the EPA

Bizzarely enough Aggle Rithm I dont think he meant you, but the US government/New York city administration suppressing any admission of a problem or a liability to its citizens. People with power, in other words

Not that such treatment of the armed forces is any suprise, Gulf War syndrome for example

Dead soldiers dont file lawsuits. Same for all the other first responders

aggle-rithm
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
Quote:
I listened until I got to the part where he suggested that opponents of the truthiness movement also reject the idea that rescue workers were exposed to toxins at ground zero through the incompetence and/or wishful thinking of the EPA

Bizzarely enough Aggle Rithm I dont think he meant you, but the US government/New York city administration suppressing any admission of a problem or a liability to its citizens. People with power, in other words

Not that such treatment of the armed forces is any suprise, Gulf War syndrome for example

Dead soldiers dont file lawsuits. Same for all the other first responders

He specifically said "Popular Mechanics". He hinted that such critics, by attacking the "truth" movement, were preventing awareness from being raised about the plight of the rescue workers.

I saw a documentary about it a couple of weeks ago, and found it very convincing. The rescuers got royally screwed, no two ways about it.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I saw a documentary about it a couple of weeks ago, and found it very convincing. The rescuers got royally screwed, no two ways about it.

Its good we agree here

aggle-rithm
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bongo Brian wrote:
Bongo Brian wrote:
You are too predictable Aggle-rythm...

Quote:
I listened until I got to the part where he suggested that...

so what stopped you "listening to the remainder of the speech"?

It was only a quarter of an hour of your life. Do you have an attention span problem? In any rate, what do you know about anything, this guy, "an absolute hero", went through it. It is time you re-assessed your standpoint.

Ps. your the only one using the term "conspiracy theorists"... this too also shows your ignorance. I DO NOT BELIEVE THE OFFICIAL STORY AND I AM NOT A CONSPIRACY THEORIST... do the capital letters help get this into your head? OK... no more than you are a conspiracy theorist who believes in the '19 Arab Hijacker' Theory.

I agree, you probably don't subscribe to a coherent theory about what happened, like most others in the movement. Quite understandable given the fact that it would be impossible to formulate such a theory without getting committed to the loony bin.

I use the term "conspiracy theorist" in the vernacular sense, meaning someone who subscribes to ideas based more on paranoia than evidence.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree, you probably don't subscribe to a coherent theory about what happened, like most others in the movement. Quite understandable given the fact that it would be impossible to formulate such a theory without getting committed to the loony bin.

I use the term "conspiracy theorist" in the vernacular sense, meaning someone who subscribes to ideas based more on paranoia than evidence.

Hang on... you mean anyone who accepts the 9/11 Commission as a coherant theory should be committed?

On that basis, its a relief I dont subcribe to its explanation!

aggle-rithm
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:

Hang on... you mean anyone who accepts the 9/11 Commission as a coherant theory should be committed?

If you've got one that makes more sense, I'd love to hear it.
MiniMauve
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: All critics should watch this... Reply with quote

aggle-rithm wrote:
Bongo Brian wrote:
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-7895306224389722116&q=911

I listened until I got to the part where he suggested that opponents of the truthiness movement also reject the idea that rescue workers were exposed to toxins at ground zero through the incompetence and/or wishful thinking of the EPA.

Not true.

Tell me if I understand you correctly; you are insulted that he equates acceptance of one pro-government stance with acceptance of other separate pro-government stances? I completely agree that judgement is unfair and untrue, however, pot meet kettle. How many times on this forum have you used ridicule of outlandish and mostly unsupported theories like no planes and chemtrails to weasel out of discussions with rational opponents?

Quote:
What we reject is not an entire package of beliefs, but goofy notions in general. Just because we reject the idea that WTC7 was intentionally demolished so that Larry Silverstein could get the insurance money and somehow get George Bush the war he wanted (I haven't figured that part out yet), doesn't mean that we also reject anything reasonable that a conspiracy theorist might put forth. After all, you can't spout nonsense 24/7, can you?

What we reject is not the entire status quo, but obvious tyranny and brazen lies. Just because we reject the idea that 19 footloose losers with exacto knives led by a cellphone-phobic madman in a central-asian cave could have successfully attacked 3 out of 4 targets with hijacked planes they were not competent to fly in the most heavily guarded airspace in the world or history, doesn't mean that we also believe any irrational conspiracy theory put forth. After all, not every crazy idea on the internet can by attributed to the Truth Movement, can they?

TimmyG
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need to find out what the definition of a 'goofy notion' is.
is it simply a view that is non establishment?

if nist turn round and say.. 'yes, wtc7 was most probably a controlled demolition' is the cd theory no longer a 'goofy notion'?

since there is no conclusive report on wtc7, and the only hypothesis considered thus far has an admitted 'low probability of occurance', could a fire based collapse theory not be considered a 'goofy notion'?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: