FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All airline passengers to be tagged

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foliagecop
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: All airline passengers to be tagged Reply with quote

http://travel.aol.co.uk/tagging-plan-for-airline-passengers/article/20 061012111009990065?CLI=16009067

Is this a freakin' joke? Even the guy who came up with the idea says it won't stop a determined terrorist. And check out the number of 'mights' and 'coulds' in the last paragraph.

Article

Airline passengers may soon find themselves being tagged and monitored in an effort to increase airport security.

Electronic wrist bands would be used to track people and keep and eye on suspicious individuals. A trial is planned this year in Hungary. If successful, the tags could be operational within two years.

The project - codenamed Optag - is spearheaded by Dr Paul Brennan at University College London, where a new Centre for Security and Crime has opened.

Under the scheme, wearing a tag would be compulsory for every passenger entering an airport. A unique signal would cross-reference information already recorded, such as a passenger's name and flight number.

Prof Brennan stressed that the tags would not contain address details or other personal information. Surveillance cameras would operate in conjunction with the tags to ensure passengers did not stray into out-of-bounds areas.

As well as preventing unauthorised access, tagging would help security staff trace the movements of anyone thought to be acting suspiciously. It could also be used to find lost children and ensure passengers boarded on time.

The latter is linked to the introduction of new large aircraft such as the Airbus A380 super-jumbo, said Prof Brennan. Flight delays due to late passengers cost £67.6million per year in Europe.

An initial trial of Optag is planned in December or January next year at Dbrecen airport in Hungary, a former Soviet airbase. Volunteers will wear the tags at three locations while their movements are tracked.

Prof Brennan said that if there was sufficient funding and political support for the idea, tagging airport passengers could become a reality "in a couple of years''.

He said that tags would not stop determined terrorists, such as those who carried out the September 11, 2001 attacks in New York and Washington.

"I don't think it could have helped with September 11 because even if everyone who boarded those flights were tagged and we knew where they were at every moment in time, the problem there was the intention of the people and not their location in the airport,'' he said, speaking at a briefing for science journalists in London.

"However, you could monitor passenger movements if people were already under suspicion. You might see groups meeting up and then dispersing, and if the pattern of behaviour was suspicious you could take action.''
Wokeman
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FC,
Yes, from what I saw of the Cessna plane crash that hit the apartment block in E72nd Street in Manhatten, it is a joke. This time the plane collapsed against the outside structure and fell into the street below. That would be what normally happens. But not on 9/11. The whatever it was melted into the building. I am now firmly on the side of the 'no planes' weirdos!
THETRUTHWILLSETU3
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more converts?

Come on admit it - don't be shy
Briaman
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wokeman wrote:
FC,
Yes, from what I saw of the Cessna plane crash that hit the apartment block in E72nd Street in Manhatten, it is a joke. This time the plane collapsed against the outside structure and fell into the street below. That would be what normally happens. But not on 9/11. The whatever it was melted into the building. I am now firmly on the side of the 'no planes' weirdos!

I'm not an expert but my understanding is that the Cessna is a light aircraft whereas the 767 is a much more massive object. Compare a shuttle-c*** to a brick. If I throw a shuttlecock at a window - it will hit it and drop to the ground. If I throw a brick at a window it will probably smash straight through.

Briaman
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wokeman wrote:
... I am now firmly on the side of the 'no planes' weirdos!

Hi Wokemon,

I couldn't help but pick up on your conversion to the no planes camp. Aren't you already a no-planer? http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=28282&highlight=#282 82

THETRUTHWILLSETU3
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Briaman wrote:
Wokeman wrote:
FC,

I'm not an expert but my understanding is that the Cessna is a light aircraft whereas the 767 is a much more massive object. Compare a shuttle-c*** to a brick. If I throw a shuttlecock at a window - it will hit it and drop to the ground. If I throw a brick at a window it will probably smash straight through.

You would only be correct if the building was made entirely of glass
Briaman
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THETRUTHWILLSETU3 wrote:
Briaman wrote:

You would only be correct if the building was made entirely of glass

Really? You might as well say that I would be correct only if the 767 were made of bricks! The point of an analogy is help people grasp an idea.

The plane that hit the tower was a Cirrus SR20 according to the BBC News Website. This is a light aircraft compared to a Boeng 767. If you think that the Cirrus should have behaved in any other way than was observed, show me the numbers. Likewise for the 767s that hit the WTC towers.

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: All airline passengers to be tagged Reply with quote

foliagecop wrote:
http://travel.aol.co.uk/tagging-plan-for-airline-passengers/article/20 061012111009990065?CLI=16009067

Is this a freakin' joke? Even the guy who came up with the idea says it won't stop a determined terrorist. And check out the number of 'mights' and 'coulds' in the last paragraph.

Article

Airline passengers may soon find themselves being tagged and monitored in an effort to increase airport security.

Electronic wrist bands would be used to track people and keep and eye on suspicious individuals. A trial is planned this year in Hungary. If successful, the tags could be operational within two years.

The project - codenamed Optag - is spearheaded by Dr Paul Brennan at University College London, where a new Centre for Security and Crime has opened.

Under the scheme, wearing a tag would be compulsory for every passenger entering an airport. A unique signal would cross-reference information already recorded, such as a passenger's name and flight number.

Prof Brennan stressed that the tags would not contain address details or other personal information. Surveillance cameras would operate in conjunction with the tags to ensure passengers did not stray into out-of-bounds areas.

As well as preventing unauthorised access, tagging would help security staff trace the movements of anyone thought to be acting suspiciously. It could also be used to find lost children and ensure passengers boarded on time.

The latter is linked to the introduction of new large aircraft such as the Airbus A380 super-jumbo, said Prof Brennan. Flight delays due to late passengers cost £67.6million per year in Europe.

An initial trial of Optag is planned in December or January next year at Dbrecen airport in Hungary, a former Soviet airbase. Volunteers will wear the tags at three locations while their movements are tracked.

Prof Brennan said that if there was sufficient funding and political support for the idea, tagging airport passengers could become a reality "in a couple of years''.

He said that tags would not stop determined terrorists, such as those who carried out the September 11, 2001 attacks in New York and Washington.

"I don't think it could have helped with September 11 because even if everyone who boarded those flights were tagged and we knew where they were at every moment in time, the problem there was the intention of the people and not their location in the airport,'' he said, speaking at a briefing for science journalists in London.

"However, you could monitor passenger movements if people were already under suspicion. You might see groups meeting up and then dispersing, and if the pattern of behaviour was suspicious you could take action.''

Gee did this thread just get hijacked?

Important story, obvious social conditioning: thats why "sensless" measures are promoted anyway: its real purpose lies beneath the surface

Briaman
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: All airline passengers to be tagged Reply with quote

John White wrote:

Gee did this thread just get hijacked?

Oops! Sorry John - there does appear to have been a bit of a hijacking here.

John White wrote:

Important story, obvious social conditioning: thats why "sensless" measures are promoted anyway: its real purpose lies beneath the surface

I agree with what you say. If this trial is successful this technology is bound to become compulsory. And not just at airports, I expect.

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries mate... and the "hijacking" gag was too good to miss Wink
HERA
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Visit to UCL's new centre? Reply with quote

"Airline passengers may soon find themselves being tagged and monitored in an effort to increase airport security.
He said that tags would not stop determined terrorists, such as those who carried out the September 11, 2001 attacks in New York and Washington."

Might be an idea if we specifically targetted Brennan's dept. for a Sep 11 reality event. Anyone nearby?
hampton
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm certainly up for that.
anyone else?

xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Visit to UCL's new centre? Reply with quote

HERA wrote:

Might be an idea if we specifically targetted Brennan's dept. for a Sep 11 reality event. Anyone nearby?

I'm up for it too. What did you have in mind? A bit of street theatre?

Noel
TimmyG
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the point of talking about 'no planes' theories??

really? what is the point?

what will it acheive?

if the planes were faked in some way (and i don't think they were).. how would you EVER prove it? how would pursuing awareness of this theory benefit anyone? Talking about holograms and fakery serves to achieve absolutely nothing, other than to entertain active imaginations and bring ridicule on the movement. 9/11 is very serious issue. I think it was a false flag terror attack. I also think theres a small chance that activism on our part might result in the truth coming 'out' one day.

'no planes' is a completely self-indulgent activity. It doesn't even matter if they were faked.. it's 99.9999999% unproveable. lets focus on wtc7, ISI, norad standdown and other things which we MIGHT have some chance of getting the mainstream media to respond to seriously.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: