FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Drives The Critic's Corner Folk to Keep Returning Here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prole art threat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: What Drives The Critic's Corner Folk to Keep Returning Here? Reply with quote

I would probably say 'fear'.
optimus79
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: What Drives The Critic's Corner Folk to Keep Returning H Reply with quote

prole art threat wrote:

Coronation Street, Eastenders, Neighbours, Hollyoaks and The Sharon Osbourne show only take up so much time of the day, they have to do other things when these are not on.
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: What Drives The Critic's Corner Folk to Keep Returning H Reply with quote

optimus79 wrote:
prole art threat wrote:

Coronation Street, Eastenders, Neighbours, Hollyoaks and The Sharon Osbourne show only take up so much time of the day, they have to do other things when these are not on.

I'll have you know that I cried when Minty walked in on SJ in bed with her 'brother'.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money?

Arrogance?
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a good question

I always wonder what motivates the people on the markthomasinfo.com forums too

the answer you will get is that 'someone has to expose the fact that these conspiracy theories are based on no evidence whatsoever' or something like that

but if there was nothing to the theories, would they not be deconstructed easily? why the need to spend so much time attacking them?

do they really believe 'conspiracy theorists' are brainwashing people into believing that for which there is no basis? do they do this knowingly? that would be a huge conspiracy haha

if they don't do it knowingly, is there a pandemic of naievety?

I would say part of the motivation is the will to cling onto a world view, to fight for stability as they know it - for the alternative really does cause a great deal of despair and takes a lot of courage and effort to confront
Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: What Drives The Critic's Corner Folk to Keep Returning H Reply with quote

prole art threat wrote:

To intercept fence-sitters and lurkers, in order to expose the 9/11 CTs for the nonsense they are.

For example a poster a while back was looking for confirmation that Payne Stewart's Lear jet was intercepted in 22 minutes. It wasn't, it was 1hr22m. That person might have stopped to think that they'd been fed misinformation by some CT website or film, and stopped to consider what other drek they'd been fed; like squibs, pyroclastic clouds, free-fall etc etc

Then there's morbid curiosity, the joy of reasoned debate and, er... Rolling Eyes

blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To intercept fence-sitters and lurkers, in order to expose the 9/11 CTs for the nonsense they are.

Yet again a liar blatantly states he is here to oppose the very basis of this site. Why "lurkers" cannot see "nonsense" themselves and have to rely on the brilliant mind of a "skeptic" is not explained.

Quote:
For example a poster a while back was looking for confirmation that Payne Stewart's Lear jet was intercepted in 22 minutes. It wasn't, it was 1hr22m. That person might have stopped to think that they'd been fed misinformation by some CT website or film, and stopped to consider what other drek they'd been fed; like squibs, pyroclastic clouds, free-fall etc etc

A good example of disinformation peddled by the "skeptics" better described as liars. It took 22 minutes and the version that it took an extra hour because of time zone differences has been exposed as a deliberate lie by the traitors supported by this poster. It took me an hour of research recently to get to the bottom of this particular distortion and it is typical of their deliberate muddying of the waters. Why are these people tolerated here? They are our committed opponents and will lie and distort at every turn to prevent the truth.
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

urrrr either you mean "sceptics" or you're confusing me with someone who is against the truth movement

noone remotely sceptical, in the true epistemic sense, could possibly believe the official story
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The statements from the critics here are interesting

The impression is given that the "9/11 truth or scepticism" debate is some kind of level playing field for the hearts and minds of the people

"we can save people from delusion" "we can help people see the truth" and so on

The reality couldn’t be further from the truth

The sceptics are defending "The official story", a viral meme projected into the minds of the people at a moment of heightened vulnerability and stress with the kind of advertising money simply could not buy (so its quite helpful that the military industrial complex owns the media Wink)

This official story has every possible advantage for being held as the consensus truth any propaganda could ever have had in the whole of human history: it is a masterpiece of the technique, the pinnacle of achievement of an artform

And yet, it is falling apart, faster and faster and faster. Critics efforts here are entirely futile in stopping this collapse: the centre cannot hold. However the latest polling is "debated" the fact remains that only a tiny percentage still have no doubts whatsoever about the official story: the rest is simply how far along they are on the route to MIHOP. Mass consciousness has its own gravity... 9/11 truth activist are no longer shouted down and banned... there now exists the permission to question in the majority

An objective view then is that the critics position is unsustainable :it is sand sliding between the fingers

I call on them then to admit to themselves their own doubts: no-one has to believe in CD: and no-one should believe in "no Planes" (CIA fingerprints there Wink): but to allow authority to lie and deceive the people just a little bit is no longer OK: that was the old world. Lets all back the perspective of "pressfortruth" together and let everything else work itself out from there

Humanity is insisting on a new world with ever louder voices, and 9/11 truth is a symptom of that change: it is not the cause

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone might certainly suspect that's the case, John.

I am of course paraphrasing and characterising somewhat, but it seems to me the gist of the so-called 'critical thinking' model goes something like this in paractice:

Truther: Two skyscrapers are hit by jets and fire breaks out (all within the buildings' specifications) then within the hour, they explode into pulverised dustclouds of total symmetrical collapse?

Critic: As they are inevitably bound to do, nothing strange about that. Government and most respected scientists proved it. Sh*t happens.

Truther: No other buildings have ever done that?

Critic: These were the biggest building collapses in the world.
Sh*t happens.

Truther: The molten metal in the basements?

Critic: Friction and natural blast furnaces. Easily understandable.
Sh*t happens.

Truther: Why did NIST not explain any of these phenomena?

Critic: Nothing of interest happened after collapse was initiated.

Truther: But surely how a disaster progresses provides a lot of information about what happened before - especially if you've had to tweak the input of your unreleased and un-peer reviewed simulation to get the necessary result.

Critic: Not to experts and scientists. You don't understand these things.

Truther: Another building suffers asymmetric damage and scattered fires and later performs a perfect simulation of a CD?

Critic: It's plainly ridiculous that anyone want to do that, therefore CD makes no sense. It was going to collapse anyway - the fireman said so - and one collapse is much like another. Sh*t happens.

Truther:Airliners stooge around for over an hour in the same general airspace area without being intercepted on the morning the exact same drill is being tested?

Critic: Human error. Air defences aren't all they're cracked up to be. Sh*t happens.

Truther:Intelligence warnings all the previous summer not acted upon and actively lied about?

Critic: Human error. Sh*t happens.

And so on, ad infintum.

The common factor seems to be that there is absolutely no curiosity displayed about how any of this happened in total, and zero 'critical thinking' applied to the official story.

I think I prefer my 'experts' to be interested in the discovery model of science rather than 'thinking critically' about it.
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
urrrr either you mean "sceptics" or you're confusing me with someone who is against the truth movement

Skeptic

I was not referring to you but to the "critics" who oppose the aims of this site.
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
Quote:

Skeptic

I was not referring to you but to the "critics" who oppose the aims of this site.

haha I thought so

it was your choice of spelling that threw me Wink
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a NGO 9/11 official story fundermentalist website where it's proponents can debate its gospel truth, openess, water holding capacity and anomoly free consistency from day one?....and an attached critics forum??
Abandoned Ego
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: The easiest way to shut these guys up. Reply with quote

The easiest way to address these "skeptics" has already been done.

Namely, all you need to do, is ask them to address point by point the RI blogspot post entitled "the official conspiracy theorists guide to 9/11".

I watched one such skeptic, someone who Im sorry to say, I might only best describe as a comedian from the James Randi forum , farting and floundering, and making excuses about this post. The post is at least 50 "coincidences" long, and this "skeptic" hadn't even debunked the first, despite being offered about 10 chances to do so.

This leaves me to conclude that there are 2 options at play here.

Either

a) these guys have sold out to the largest bidder- they took the silver, and have absolutely no concept of what this life is really all about

b) they have some major cognitive dissonance issues.

Either way, I guess compassion is in order.

Meanwhile, To all of you "skeptics" who dont feel you fit into either of the above categories, and wish to address the post, then lets get it on.

Otherwise, as far as Im concerned, you are either option a or b.
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The easiest way to shut these guys up. Reply with quote

Abandoned Ego wrote:
The easiest way to address these "skeptics" has already been done.

Namely, all you need to do, is ask them to address point by point the RI blogspot post entitled "the official conspiracy theorists guide to 9/11".

I watched one such skeptic, someone who Im sorry to say, I might only best describe as a comedian from the James Randi forum , farting and floundering, and making excuses about this post. The post is at least 50 "coincidences" long, and this "skeptic" hadn't even debunked the first, despite being offered about 10 chances to do so.

This leaves me to conclude that there are 2 options at play here.

Either

a) these guys have sold out to the largest bidder- they took the silver, and have absolutely no concept of what this life is really all about

b) they have some major cognitive dissonance issues.

Either way, I guess compassion is in order.

Meanwhile, To all of you "skeptics" who dont feel you fit into either of the above categories, and wish to address the post, then lets get it on.

Otherwise, as far as Im concerned, you are either option a or b.

Is there a link for this blogspot? I've suggested to these critics that they take the Jimmy Walter 1M$ challenge to prove WTC1,2 and 7 were not brought down by explosives and they just whine the conditions prove explosives were not used are unfair.
Bicnarok
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rather skeptics than sceptics
Me
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/october2006/171006enemypropagandi sts.htm

Government Targets American Bloggers As Enemy Propagandists
Military, Homeland Security, Bush White House strategy sharpen knives against anyone critical of the "war on terror"

Quote:

Recent scientific polls that show around 84% don't believe the government's explanation behind 9/11 and others confirming the fact that support for the war in Iraq is at an all time low have led the Bush administration to sharpen their knives against the new breed of perceived "enemy propagandists," bloggers, journalists and online activists who dissent against the "war on terror."

As Raw Story reports, CENTCOM announced earlier this year that a team of employees would be "[engaging] bloggers who are posting inaccurate or untrue information, as well as bloggers who are posting incomplete information."

So when you're wasting your time arguing the finer points of the collapse of Building 7 or the quagmire in Iraq with someone who seems unable to grasp basic principles, your foe could well be sat behind a plush U.S. government desk in a uniform.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=4959&start=0&postday s=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Cool

Me
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refuse to even lay an eye on the Critic’s Corner. I refuse to waste my time either arguing with shills or reading their foolishness anymore. I’d never tell anyone what to do but personally I wish that everyone would just ignore them and let them post themselves in to obsoleteness in an empty void of non-activity. Eventually they’ll grow tired of not being the center of attention.

Of course, others would argue that it’s best not to let their drivel go unchallenged.

Many of these dubious naysayers are simply starving for the attention that their parents never gave them as the pathetic, fundamentally loathsome children they were. They probably never had any real friends in school and spent most of their golden years being shoved in to lockers and having their heads flushed down in the urinal.

Now thanks to the Internet these pesky cowards can come online, hide behind an anonymous alias and unleash all of their pent up frustration.

What did your parents always tell you when your brother or sister kept bugging you? Ignore….

The more attention we give them, the more they thrive on the drama in my honest opinion. Either way, these pea-brained drones aren’t worthy of an ounce of my precious time reaching the truth. ‘Truth’, a word that has been permanently removed from their vocabularies.

A final message to the critics. You don't even exist to me. You're dead to the world as far as I'm concerned. Now that you have been formally dismissed, go back underneath the filthy rock that you crawled out from.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any critic that tries to refute this deserves to be ignored

John White wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3979568779414136481&q=press+fo r+truth

This film covers the story of the Jersey Girls, four 911 widows who were instrumental in getting the 911 commission set up in the first place

It’s a terrible saga of Whitewash and cover-up, and shows how blatantly the NeoCons have lied to the American people again and again and again

Their website is:

http://www.911pressfortruth.com/

blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A final message to the critics. You don't even exist to me. You're dead to the world as far as I'm concerned. Now that you have been formally dismissed, go back underneath the filthy rock that you crawled out from.

If they would just stay there it wouldn't be so bad. They still have the ability to counter the aims of this site nonetheless and it is not just a question of ignoring them. Imagine someone who has no other basis for belief than the official version who comes to this site. They see the lies spouted by the "critics" which deliberate confuse and cloud the issues. Such people might have their curiosity killed immediately AND THAT IS THE AIM OF THE SHILLS AND THEY HAVE SAID SO!!!! If curious visitors have some of our very reasonable questions put in their minds to create doubts for the first time maybe they will investigate further both here and elsewhere. For the sake of spreading the word we have to try to stop the shills from achieving their aims - at least on this tiny part of the Internet where we have some control.
Me
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don’t understand is, why are 9/11 truthers and those offering alternative views of current events obligated to cover both sides? For one, the official story literally blankets the print press, airwaves, television and everything else. You can’t avoid it. How often does the mainstream media cover both sides by offering an opposing “conspiracy theory”? And yet we’re expected to be so fair to critics by providing them with equal footing from which to criticize and denigrate?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: