FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

911myths.com discuss
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: 911myths.com discuss Reply with quote

http://www.911myths.com/html/investigations__more.html

I've just come across this site

UK site run by Mike Williams

First serious site I've seen claiming to challenge some of the evidence cited by the 9/11 truth movement. Interesting development. I've yet to take a proper look round. But clearly this is a professional job and presents original material

There is an interesting exchange going on at indymediauk and elsewhere where S Jones paper on the tower collapse is being challenged by skyking@scientist.com referring to scientific papers posted on 911myths

We should welcome this added interest in 9/11 and accept the challenge to debate the evidenece. I've found previous efforts to debunk the 9/11 truth movement such as popular mechanics and the statedept site wholly unconvincing and they certainly aren't independent. This site is claiming to be independent and without agenda and unlike the other sites has alot of material to check out.

Let's do a bit of research and come back with considered opinions.
skadseye
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised by the lack of science-related scholars on st911.org. I also would like to see some discussion of the ideas at http://www.physics911.net/thermite.htm which offer theories about how the aluminium in the wtc exterior (as well as the planes) became molten and could have caused the explosions, etc.

Last edited by skadseye on Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thread Ian, yes, totally agree we must maintain an open minded outlook if our mission is to secure the truth of 911.

Pity the thread has been ruined by Skadseye. That list of who the scholars are could have been simply been referred to in a link ,Skadseye and posted on thread headed "Scholars for truth: those behind it". Lets try to keep our forum as user friendly for everyone folks!

Quote:
We should welcome this added interest in 9/11 and accept the challenge to debate the evidenece. I've found previous efforts to debunk the 9/11 truth movement such as popular mechanics and the statedept site wholly unconvincing and they certainly aren't independent. This site is claiming to be independent and without agenda and unlike the other sites has alot of material to check out.

Let's do a bit of research and come back with considered opinions.

Based on my (to date) one year of research of the official version of 911, my conclusion and verdict is that it is lie. Just as weapons of mass destruction were! I have become a pro active member of the global 911 truth movement because I feel that it is now essential that the truth of 911 is exposed. For the sakes of all forms of life on this planet!

My conclusion is that the website 911myths has not been composed by just an individual Mike Williams. Its clearly a team effort and refers to "we" on many occasions. For an excellent example of a website created by an individaul have a look at 911smokingguns.com

Of course all this 911 truth debate could easily be terminated if the authorities released the evidence to substantiate their official version, the pictures of the Boeing 757 going into the Pentagon, scientific analysis of the steelwork superstructure of WTC1,2 and 7, etc, etc. The fact is that the powers that be fail to do so and this and many other key issues/flaws in the official version are totally overlooked by Team Mike.

Unlike this website, were everyone can have a say and it is open to scrutiny by everyone, 911myths has no forum. That says it all for me. I have no intention of communicating with Team Mikes e mail address and revealing my own.

You be the judge, but IMO Team Mike is indeed very selective in his presentation and I agree with Ian that once all the info has been digested and considered, a full response based on raising the necessary questions
should be raised by 911 skeptics and that it should from this website e mail address with a copy of it on the forum.

Yes indeed, let us play the ball in the 911 truth debate but lets avoid giving them the opportunity of playing the man, the usual establishment tactic!

I think President BLAIR need look no further for a new Alisatir Cambell!

Peace & truth

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
Justin
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to know a little more about 'Mike Williams' but unfortunately there is no information about him on his site that I could find, or who 'they are' who have 'our take' on things. I am so far not impressed with what his site has to offer but I do welcome debate with those who disagree with us. Perhaps Mike could make direct contact with us and let a proper debate begin. That can only be good for what we are all doing.
A Sharp Major
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

Location: In the van with the blacked out windows, parked outside your home.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sober and dispassionate. I'm impressed.

It looks like Mike Williams has already answered any points you may like to debate Justin. His site doesn't impress you (yet) why should he? He's clearly spent a lot of time on his research (with the help of others-hence 'our take') and site and I'd be surprised if he is moved to repeat himself.

Quote:
Perhaps Mike could make direct contact with us and let a proper debate begin. That can only be good for what we are all doing.

Why do you think he knows or cares that he's even being discussed here?
Justin
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome A Sharp Major to our site - just a pity you don't say too much about yourself in your membership profile. Three emails in one day - for a new member you are fast off the blocks. Your eagerness to support Mike William's site is fine but your last sentence
Quote:
Why do you think he knows or cares that he's even being discussed here?
makes me suspicious that you are either him or part of his team. Your latest concerning the Windsor Tower seems to suggest this. By the way, the partial collapse that you see in the picture is what any normal, rational person would have expected the Twin Towers to have done - not freefalling virtually into their own footprints, clunking through metal that was intact and undamaged by fire.

You and Mike Williams are very welcome to debate with us - in fact we relish the prospect of a sensible and mature debate. How do you feel about our call for a new independent enquiry into 9/11 or are you satisfied with the Kean Commission and its findings? Is there anything in the official story that you are suspicious of or are you completely happy with the official US Government line on 9/11?
A Sharp Major
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the welcome Justin. Predictable that you'd suspect I am MW or one of his team.

Regarding the Windsor hotel, yours is the first time I've seen anyone with a view contrary to the official one (if I may make so bold) admitting it even partially collapsed. I suspect that the picture is new to you and others. And it wasn't hit by a plane first. The frequently trundled out comparison to the twin towers 'the first and only collapse due to fire alone' is so disengenuous as to beggar belief. The planes. Mention the planes!

As for debate, I'm not interested in spending any time on direct engagement because our respective minds are made up. I may occasionally draw attention to an absurdity that may make someone review their opinion or raise an uncomfortable home truth but debate? Over a pint in a pub is one thing, on the Internet, no.

Just as a surgeon doesn't debate human physiology with a first aider, a chartered structural engineer won't debate engineering science with someone who played with lego as a kid and cracked no more than a GCSE in Physics. I'm staggered that professionals are rubbished by people ill equipped to do so. If I read the threads correctly even victims of 9/11 and 7/7 (if they are who they say they are and the truthseekers here seem to think they are) are rubbished if their account or analysis is at odds with the site's raison d'etre. What chance has the truth got?

http://www.screwloosechange.blogspot.com/
Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do you feel about our call for a new independent enquiry into 9/11 or are you satisfied with the Kean Commission and its findings? Is there anything in the official story that you are suspicious of or are you completely happy with the official US Government line on 9/11?

Nice one Justin!

Does he want to play ball?

Not a chance based on the content of that response SM.

What has SM given us to discredit the compelling evidence provided by many 911 skeptics on this website forum?

I can see absolutely nothing, can you?

Quote:
What chance has the truth got?

As SM is clearly establishment trained, maybe he could post a picture of that Boeing 757 hitting the Pentagon, the damage to the Pentagon lawn, the plane debris.

Peace & truth

www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
Justin
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

You are having a busy day with us. It may well be that our minds are made up and we are on opposite sides. But I would like to ask you again. How do you feel about our call for a new independent enquiry into 9/11 or are you satisfied with the Kean Commission and its findings? Is there anything in the official story that you are suspicious of or are you completely happy with the official US Government line on 9/11? I really would appreciate a proper answer to these questions. Thanks.
Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Sharp Major states:-
Quote:
The planes. Mention the planes!

Dont think a plane hit World Trade Center building no.7 did it SM?

By the way anyone with a GCSE in Physics will tell you that an object falling cannot fall faster than the speed of gravity, unless it receives more energy from something else.

Fact WTC 1,2 and 7 fell faster than freefall speed, watch "911 eyewitness"
Loose Change 2 if you dont believe it!

Peace & truth

www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent arrival of a sharp major and rachel raises interesting questions for how this site and forum are moderated. Rachel's contribution is more complicated, relates to 7/7 and I'm not discussing on this thread.

The purpose of this forum is to provide a space for the 9/11 truth community in Britain and further afield to meet. This forum is intended for people who support the call for a further investigation to come together, share, discuss and plan action. We have our areas of agreement and disagreement but we are united in the call for a further inquiry. There are plenty of places on the internet for engagement with our critics.

I suggest that there is a need for us to establish a forum where we invite those who see no need for a further investigation (such as a sharp major) to engage with us. One possibility is a forum jointly moderated by representatives of this network and 9/11myths. This needs further discussion but I suggest this isn't the place for a sharp major to post.

In discussing 9/11 we should not have any sacred cows or theories. We should accept that in the final analysis some of the evidence cited by 9/11 truth campaigners will be open to challenge or not demonstrate that which it is claimed to do. I believe that when taken in totality the evidence will support the conclusion "9/11 was an inside job" but more than anything I would welcome an open evidence based debate. As the saying goes first they ignore you.... so I suggest engagement yes it is to be welcomed, but in a different forum.

PM me your thoughts

PM with your thoughts
paul wright

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:
The recent arrival of a sharp major and rachel raises interesting questions for how this site and forum are moderated. Rachel's contribution is more complicated, relates to 7/7 and I'm not discussing on this thread.

The purpose of this forum is to provide a space for the 9/11 truth community in Britain and further afield to meet. This forum is intended for people who support the call for a further investigation to come together, share, discuss and plan action. We have our areas of agreement and disagreement but we are united in the call for a further inquiry. There are plenty of places on the internet for engagement with our critics.

I suggest that there is a need for us to establish a forum where we invite those who see no need for a further investigation (such as a sharp major) to engage with us. One possibility is a forum jointly moderated by representatives of this network and 9/11myths. This needs further discussion but I suggest this isn't the place for a sharp major to post.

In discussing 9/11 we should not have any sacred cows or theories. We should accept that in the final analysis some of the evidence cited by 9/11 truth campaigners will be open to challenge or not demonstrate that which it is claimed to do. I believe that when taken in totality the evidence will support the conclusion "9/11 was an inside job" but more than anything I would welcome an open evidence based debate. As the saying goes first they ignore you.... so I suggest engagement yes it is to be welcomed, but in a different forum.

PM me your thoughts

PM with your thoughts

I don't see the need to pm you Ian as there are open points to be made
One of the problems is the front page list of latest topics.
This was very convenient and a sole point of entry for many here, when the numbers of contributors were both small and trustworthy
I've posted much off-topic stuff here, but it didn't matter if there weren't numerous people doing the same thing or coming in with opposition to the central theses of the site
If you go to the actual forum page, every posting topic is closely 911 orientated with the exception of the 7/7 thread
A simple suggestion would be to improve the front page, perhaps modify the forum link or do away with it altogether, so that people have to choose their area of interest on the forum page, and perhaps include another couple of forum topics covering related topics and oppositional and learning topics
To my mind, the forum is gaining a lot of interest, and that of course includes negative disrupters and those with a lot of doubts in their minds, and also people who've seen a lot of interconnections that they want genuinely to share with people who are doing the 9/11 thing
We dont need another forum, just a place for the latter groups to go, or for the moderator to move

Last edited by paul wright on Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Followers of this thread may want to watch this thread on indymedia.org.uk

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2006/01/332076.html?c=all
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dh

Firstly the structure of the site needs improving, no argument from me.

Can I just check what you are suggesting? Who are the latter groups that need a place to go? 'Negative disrupters' and 'those that have their doubts' or those seeing wider connections.

If it is our critics we are seeking to have a separate space where campaign supporters engage with them, that is in essense what I'm suggesting and such a space could in theory be an extension of this forum.

If it is those seeing and wishing to discuss the wider connections of 9/11, hopefully that is all of us. We may disagree what those wider connections are (although I expect we would find surprising degrees of agreement) but there is no denying 9/11 has wider connections and 9/11 truth campaigners should discuss those and not feel the need to find consensus.

I just reckon there's value in having a space for campaign supporters and another for debate between the campaign's supporters and its critics and that requires either 2 forums or 2 sections to this forum. That's my suggestion. Is it yours?

BW

Ian
paul wright

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - I probably agree wholeheartedly with you Ian
Just to note the increasing volume of input, which must be healthy, and a desire not to stop those or piss them off who may have good intent, and they may need a while to be sussed out, even if they have a different priority agenda
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is pointless people such as "A Sharp Major" posting much to our list.

All of us who are posting here are totally unconvinced by the official story - which is why this site was set up in the 1st place!!

So why is anyone trying to convince us of the validity of sites like 911 myths? Just look at their hand-waving explanation about WTC 7 - which references nothing other than the NIST and FEMA reports and has a few nice graphics...

So why are these carefully worded, neatly structured posts appearing on our board telling us (in not so many words) "we are misguided fools".

I do wonder sometimes. Hey! I know- let's bring on the insults shall we? Always a good way of settling a scientific debate!

("Clearly, Andrew - you have no understanding of the issue..." and "you should be ashamed of yourself....")

Ho hum. Sad

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super member Andrew states:-

Quote:
"So why are these carefully worded, neatly structured posts appearing on our board telling us (in not so many words) "we are misguided fools"

Usual establishment tactic:- playing the man rather than the ball, is IMO the correct answer to that question Andrew

Quote:
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they attack you, then you win"

Bear in mind Dr John Colemans words of wisdom:-

Quote:
"you cannot subjugate an educated public"

and an inscription on one of the pillars in Rosslyn Chapel, near Edinburgh:-

Quote:
"Wine is strong, a King is stronger, women are even stronger, TRUTH conquers all"

To remain effective for 911 truthseeking our website forum needs protection from those with hidden agendas. Fair, reasonable and diligent moderation:- three personal insults or a culture of playing the man not the ball and your off!!!!!

I look forward to seeing a picture on 911myths of that Boeing 757 hitting the Pentagon as well as an explanation of why the authorities confiscated the CCTV video from the garage filling station opposite the Pentagon.

Peace & truth

www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just reckon that we need a space where it is just us (ie supporters of the campaign statement) and that in this space we acknowledge that we don't all agree about everything and that's fine. That is how we will build a unified approach.

At the same time we do want to engage our critics and appear to be open to having all angles of the evidence explored and a forum that either we moderate or jointly moderate will provide this space. To refuse engagement will seriously damage our credibility and appeal in the eyes of the public, but let's look at establishing a separate linked forum for this purpose.

In both forums, personal abuse and intentional disruption should be avoided by all
skadseye
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having spent a good proportion of the day looking at 911myths i have to agree that some of the evidence which is being used by the 911truth movement is not conclusive. It also appears that many quotations have been taken out of context and used selectively. Even Professor Steven E Jones is guilty of that.

I think people should take the time to find out exactly which points of 911myths they agree/disagree with and take each point separately.

I also agree that all discussions must be mature and respectful. Regardless of the truth about 911, there are a million other reasons to be suspicious of our great leaders and this should never be forgotten.
A Sharp Major
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit that the lack of wreckage in front of the Pentagon looks spooky but I’ll it is not sinister. It is easily explained and has been. It’s fairly elementary.

There is nothing sinister about local CCTV footage being seized by the FBI. It’s what they do. Collect evidence. Why should the tapes/disks be released? Who wants to see people being murdered?

Your other points have already been addressed. I hate repeating myself.

Establishment trained? Me? Wrong.

Quote:
the speed of gravity

Speed? Rolling Eyes Back to school.

Skadseye, you may be in danger of being declared a 'pointless person'. The owners of this train set will not be contradicted. One moment mature debate is being welcomed (thank you Justin-nice name- my boyfriend's name) next it's for acolytes only.

http://www.screwloosechange.blogspot.com/
James C
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Sharp Major wrote:
It’s what they do. Collect evidence. Why should the tapes/disks be released? Who wants to see people being murdered?

Maybe you should look at www.ogrish.com

Lots of real time murders on there for your perusal. Many are used as evidence for the crimes commited and submitted by law enforcement agencies worldwide. Be warned, this site will f**k you up but I'm afraid it does exist and I guess it shows that people do find nasty images interesting to see.

What have the FBI got to lose by releasing the tapes? Surely it would help the argument in favour of the official conpiracy theory. It doesn't make sense.
Corn4Texture
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the government dweebs that come onto these message boards to sell their snake oil are simply trying to cause confusion, and derail sensible people from the concept that what we saw on 9/11 made no logical sense at all.

Period.

So, be careful which cover-up theories you buy into, since a lot of them were planted there just so these disgusting hacks can have something to debunk. And when they start posting up their structural physics equations to prove how a building can fall straight down at warp speed with no help, tell them to piss up a rope.

Bottom line: the 'official story' is a steamy pile of what I leave in the front yard.

Justin
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's all this about....

Quote:
Skadseye, you may be in danger of being declared a 'pointless person'. The owners of this train set will not be contradicted. One moment mature debate is being welcomed (thank you Justin-nice name- my boyfriend's name) next it's for acolytes only.

I'm going to ask you again, A Sharp Major, for the third and final time, how do you feel about our campaign's call for a new independent enquiry into 9/11 or are you satisfied with the Kean Commission and its findings? Is there anything in the official story that you are suspicious of or are you completely happy with the official US Government line on 9/11? I really would appreciate proper answers to these questions. Failure to respond properly will show other users to this forum that you are not to be taken seriously.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really puzzles me why A Sharp Major is posting the material he is.

People join this message board voluntarily - it costs nothing. As a whole, we don't have all the answers to the 9-11 issue - but we have enough answers to say "no" to the official story. What part of this is difficult to understand?

As I see it, it's a bit like going on to a site specially dedicated to Guinea Pigs and telling them they should be posting pictures of Goldfish. It's a pointless exercise.

"A Sharp Major" e-mailed me off list with a list of questions re WTC etc. Even though I had already directed him to a Physics thread which discussed the evidence and views I had of that evidence (shown below).

He is obviously an intelligent person, so his reasons for posing questions for which most of have seen the evidence for - and decided what we think of it - must be questioned.

Whoever you are, you may waste some of our time, but we still have time left to copy disks, print leaflets and send e-mails - and your actions are educating people as to the way these issues are debated on message boards.

I might be wrong, but I just think you are dealing with "more positive forces" here than you might think.

Enjoy!

====
Hello,

Justin Walker Fwd'd your e-mail to me. Rather than repeat and re-type pages of text, please see the discussion I started on Physics Forum:

http://forum.physorg.com/index.php?s=f917a4506b240a0b6c698e09470a981e& showforum=12

There are plenty of calculations posted on there - some "for" some "against" the CD reality.

I stick with the freefall calculations because I understand them and they can be applied best to WTC 7 - which was not hit by a plane. They can also be applied to WTC 1 & 2. In summary, it is not possible for material to fall through steel and concrete as it is through the air - whether it be heated/buckled/softened/plasticised etc. Freefall means free fall which means COMPLETE structural failure, not partial.

It took me 3 years to realise this. I have seen a great many arguments against the free-fall collapse and none of them add up properly - most of them, for example, do not explain the molten metal in the basement. This metal was molten weeks after the event. Where did that heating energy come from? Where did the Sulifdation of steel come from?

If we do get to the point of building a legal case, then we will call on better skills than mine to prove our case - and produce alternative reports with sufficiently detailed calculations to be used in court. Bet on that.

I have been in correspondence with Professor Steve Jones and tried to offer my technical support in disseminating copies of his Presentation to the world. I have posted it in various formats here.

http://www.checktheevidence.com/911/BYUStevenJones/

If you would like a DVD, please mail me with your postal address and I will gladly send one.

I do not wish to spend time debating the validity of the official story because, though I am undecided about some details, I have studied it enough to say categorically "jets and fuel did not bring down WTC 1 & 2 and there is no disclosed reason that accurately accounts for the 6.6 second collapse of WTC 7".

I know that something is terribly, terribly wrong with the political system, the media and the dominance and corrupting influence of corporate interests in Western Society - and what's more President Eisenhower warned us about this phenomenon about 45 years ago.

Regards and Best Wishes

Andrew

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
paul wright

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Sharp Major wrote:
I admit that the lack of wreckage in front of the Pentagon looks spooky but I’ll it is not sinister. It is easily explained and has been. It’s fairly elementary.

There is nothing sinister about local CCTV footage being seized by the FBI. It’s what they do. Collect evidence. Why should the tapes/disks be released? Who wants to see people being murdered?

Your other points have already been addressed. I hate repeating myself.

Establishment trained? Me? Wrong.

Quote:
the speed of gravity

Speed? Rolling Eyes Back to school.

I withdraw any liberal minded sentiments iterated previously with regard to this particular contributor
Obviously a troll, a gatekeeper, an agent or some person who will keep up an endlessly circular argument if engaged
I'm quite happy for him or her to stay here - which is it by the way? - a proper fight does no harm to a forums status as long as its poperly moderated and limited
I choose this quote for its particular lack of evidence, snideness,and the implied personal insults
A classic of its type
Corn4Texture
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Sharp Major wrote:
It’s what they do. Collect evidence. Why should the tapes/disks be released? Who wants to see people being murdered?

Riiiiiight.

In fact, why even show the footage of the towers coming down on 9/11, the very same day? We could have simply said 2800 people died from bad oysters, and spared anyone the emotional trauma of knowing what actually happened. I mean, since when does uncovering facts surrounding a mass murder trump concern for the viewing public's sensibilities? My goodness, how goshe.

The only suspected criminal who denies revealing proof of his own innocence over an emotional technicality is the one who is in no possession of any such 'proof.' And with all the heated debate going on over this subject, and the FBI claiming they have the goods, yet won't show them.... the only people who would seriously present this argument as somehow valid are either (a) profoundly stupid, (b) profoundly up the ass of an involved government, or (c) being profoundly compensated for their opinion. I've encountered members of each group in my travels recently.

skadseye
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to make things clear.. i am a very serious researcher and historian. I'm very unsure about the official story in all kinds of ways, and going from the evidence of history i think it is quite plausible that figures like the cia had foreknowledge and even assisted the events of 911.

However, i do not think this 911 truth movement will ever succeed unless it accepts logical criticism (without shouting 'spook!').

There is a video on 911myths which shows the wtc7 burning like hell, yet the mantra is that the fires were insignificant. We are then told the pictures must be fake, etc. I know the details and why we have reason to be suspicious, but combined with the rest of the information on this page on 911myths, the issue must at least be addressed.
http://www.911myths.com/WTC7_Smoke.avi
http://www.911myths.com/html/wtc7_fire.html

Now, believe me, I have wrestled with what really happened on 911 ever since then, but some of the information on 911myths must be integrated within the 911truth movement otherwise it can't be credible. I hope everyone commenting on this thread has read it thoroughly. I'm not happy with every aspect of it no, but it is obvious that some parts need to be addressed, such as the way that quotations have been recontextualised to support arguments.

I do not believe in the 'official' story and would like to see a real enquiry. But i also want to be believed when i say that our leaders are corrupt. This won't happen if we ignore credible refutation of these theories.

As suggested, i think this website needs to be properly addressed so we can eliminate shaky evidence. A real group is emerging here which can be helpful in producing real social and political change in this country and abroad, however, we must be taken seriously and we must have gain support through intelligent discussion of these difficult-to-prove theories.
Corn4Texture
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skadseye wrote:
.... i do not think this 911 truth movement will ever succeed unless it accepts logical criticism (without shouting 'spook!').

I appreciate the sentiment, but I'll be honest - I myself have been awakened to the fallacies of this 'official story' for nigh upon 3 years now, and I'm just tired of the shill-baiters. I have no problem with anyone who finds problems with particular aspects of the "truth movement" beliefs - there certainly are plenty of small issues that have been blown out of proportion, taken out of context or even planted by agents of the guilty in order to provide quick, easy debunking. Those must be chaffed out, for purity of purpose as well as real honesty.

But anyone who truly investigates the events and comes to the conclusion, somehow, that there is not a thing wrong with what we've been told, is essentially a lying sack of horeshit. Period.

Not people who want to inspect suspicious issues and discard flimsy evidence - that's also critically important. But anyone who vehemently argues against another investigation is quite simply being paid for their opinion, or clinically insane.

Quote:
There is a video on 911myths which shows the wtc7 burning like hell, yet the mantra is that the fires were insignificant. We are then told the pictures must be fake, etc. I know the details and why we have reason to be suspicious, but combined with the rest of the information on this page on 911myths, the issue must at least be addressed.
http://www.911myths.com/WTC7_Smoke.avi
http://www.911myths.com/html/wtc7_fire.html

My codecs won't play that video, so my official take on it will have to wait. But it it's the video I've seen before, then I firmly believe that is the tower dust cloud(s) simply welling up between the buildings, and being added to ever so slightly by the small fires in WTC 7. Here's a shot of WTC7 right after the tower collapses. The dust has begun to subside, and the minimal damage to the SW corner of the building - the area most truth deniers pick as where the "massive instability" began - is clearly visible.

Anyone with a logical mind that can conclude that the amount of damage here - to a 47-story, massively steel-structured building - can cause an almost free-fall collapse perfectly into it's own footprint, is not playing with a full deck.

Quote:
I do not believe in the 'official' story and would like to see a real enquiry. But i also want to be believed when i say that our leaders are corrupt. This won't happen if we ignore credible refutation of these theories.

And just as the Bush admin's efforts to stonewall the first investigation, anyone who honestly argues that no re-investigation is neccessary, is no longer being honest, and is helping someone hide something.

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skadseye wrote:
However, i do not think this 911 truth movement will ever succeed unless it accepts logical criticism (without shouting 'spook!').

I couldn't agree more, skadseye. Good post.
skadseye
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true, the video could show fire rebounding off the building. it's not conclusive, nor long enough for a real judgement, but i definitely think these are the beginnings of a real analysis of the site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: