FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Professor Steven E Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Sharp Major
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

Location: In the van with the blacked out windows, parked outside your home.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Professor Steven E Jones Reply with quote

The professor's credentials are public domain and impressive. His theories less so. I'll not visit his theories on the collapse of the towers, his professional peers have already done so. A correspondant sent me news of one of Professor Jones other 'hobby horses'

http://www.physics.byu.edu/faculty/jones/rel491/handstext%20and%20figu res.htm

Quote:
These discoveries have provided me a deeper appreciation for the reality of the resurrection of Jesus and of His visit to "other sheep" who heard His voice and saw His wounded hands as did Thomas. My hope is that these new insights will encourage you to seriously consider the Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Christ. Why don't you start reading right away? The Apostle Paul said: "Prove all things. Hold fast that which is good." (I Thessalonians 5:21) Why not? I've done this and for me, the Book of Mormon is a remarkable new witness for Christ, standing as a companion to the Bible.

The article is called

"Behold My Hands: Evidence for Christ's Visit in Ancient America"

By Steven E. Jones

Doesn't make him a bad person and I'm not dissin' Christians, I'm one, but really. Rolling Eyes I don't think Jones, contrary to his fanbase here, is the 'messiah' truth seekers have been looking for.
brian
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prey tell what Professor Jones professional peers have said about his theories on the collapse of the towers.

Attacking the messenger is normally the approach of those who have nothing with which to attack the message, that would not be the case with yourself would it?

Einstein had his own peculiar religious beliefs, shall we toss out relativity?

Last edited by brian on Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever other religious ideas or ideals he may have or research on does not change the acceleration due to gravity, nor the temperature at which steel melts, nor the sulfidation of same when it has been subjected to a thermite reaction.

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
A Sharp Major
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

Location: In the van with the blacked out windows, parked outside your home.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not mocking the beliefs of Professor Jones. I’ve already said so. Read my post again if it makes any difference.

It is unbecoming the professor to post an article relating to what is essentially mysticism on his University’s physics site. Calling what he writes of ‘evidence’ is nonsense. It may suggest to believers in starry eyed moments that Christ walked the Americas 2000 years ago but it is not evidence. For a head of department to say otherwise on a university physics site is naïve at best.

Quote:
Prey tell
I'm prey am I?

His professional peers at BYU disagree with the Professor's 9/11 paper(s). Like the majority of the science and engineering fraternity.

http://www.screwloosechange.blogspot.com/
brian
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record.

Professor Jones presented his paper to approximately 60 of his academic peers from BYU and the adjoining campus, there was unanimous agreement with his call for an independent investigation.

Professor Jones has updated his paper -

http://www.physics.byu.edu/research/energy/htm7.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: