FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bypassing the Regular Media!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Bypassing the Regular Media! Reply with quote

Can't remember if this has been suggested before - I think it was another of Lawerence's ideas. I did the following:

1) Made a little presentation box from a 10-CD box I had (one that I got from 10 jewel case DVDs. Use the attached "art"work if of use). You can also use discarded Uncle Ben's rice presentation boxes from the supermarket!!

2) Take your A4 folder of 9-11 Info (which you all have, of course) to your local independent news agent/corner shop

3) Explain your role in the British 911 Truth Movement

4) Ask her/him if he will take a box of disks with the agreement that they are sold for a donation of £1

5) Say to them "I'll split 50-50 whatever you sell" (i.e. in terms of donations given, not disks sold)

6) If he/she agrees, say you will come back in a few days to see how many disks are left.

7) Watch their bemused look when they work out they haven't had to give you any money and that you're not bothered if the disks get nicked.

I got rid of 6 disks in my local news agent this way - but it's taken about 2 weeks. I got £2 out of this, so that's another few disks paid for!

Mail or PM me for a PDF of articles to go in your A4 folder!

Andrew

box cover.doc
 Description:
Box Labels

Download
 Filename:  box cover.doc
 Filesize:  42.5 KB
 Downloaded:  274 Time(s)

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant idea but I would put it on a slightly more business footing.

Potentially any independent retailer would be interested although obviously alternative type bookshops, cafes, health food shops and the like are most likely to be interested and have the freedom to stock them.

Seek a suggested donation of £2-£3, split proceeds with shop owner. Given DVDs cost 50p or less to copy, that's £1 a DVD. It wouldn't take many to shops to take them to before you can imagine a modest supplementary income which would help you justify to yourself and others the time involved in 9/11 campaigning. The only problem with this fantastic business model is that the shop keeper might start producing their own, but hey that's the 'free market' for you and more DVDs flying around the better
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian,

Feel free to put it on any business model you like. As I see it, "business" could well become irrelevant over the next few years - barter, however, may not. I stopped thinking in "business" terms years ago - probably never started... It works for me - maybe not for others.

I package my DVD's very simply - printed directly on top using R200 printer and placed in a clear plastic wallet. Cost is approx 26p - somewhat labour intensive to produce, but not too bad as I am mainly sat typing reports and then just swapping disks.

For anyone else who has an R200 or similar printer and the Epson Print CD software, I have attached the files I use. Other formats on request.

DVD & CD Disc Labels.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  DVD & CD Disc Labels.zip
 Filesize:  746.6 KB
 Downloaded:  268 Time(s)

Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the boxes I made. I have now got rid of at least 15 disks.

IMG_0001.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.29 KB
 Viewed:  254 Time(s)

IMG_0001.JPG

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Johnson wrote:
Ian,

Feel free to put it on any business model you like. As I see it, "business" could well become irrelevant over the next few years - barter, however, may not. I stopped thinking in "business" terms years ago - probably never started... It works for me - maybe not for others..

When I talk of business models my tongue is firmly in cheek, but this is an inspired idea.
Very Happy
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian,

Sorry if I misunderstood you - perhaps Jim can create an emoticon denoting "tongue in cheek"!!!

As regards the boxes I have written off and asked for my "Blue Peter Badge" - perhaps I can pick it up in court, when we have the BBC governors up for negligence????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: