FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Tip To Avoid Spyware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> About this website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gordboy
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: A Tip To Avoid Spyware Reply with quote

The best way to avoid spyware is not to run Windows at all.

Are the major corporations of the world stupid ? Does anyone here imagine that Google or Hotmail etc use Windows for their servers ?

Very good alternatives are Linux or Mac OSX. I use both daily and I have *never* had any trouble with malware, spyware, rootkits, viruses, worms or any other species of crapware, in almost ten years.

To those that say -

"I don't want to have to study for a PhD in order just to use my computer. Why do I have to do anything ? Everyone else uses Windows, and I'm going to keep doing so".

I say -

Wake up, and smell the soft-boiled eggs and toast. Are you even aware that your computer is running at about 40% of it's potential speed, bogged down with anti-virus, malware filters and so-called firewalls ? Are you even aware that *all* Microsoft software attempts to contact base, divulging all your personal details ?

You have nothing to lose except your pains.
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the time, is it a simple matter to switch from Windows to Linux or Macwhatever?
Is it very expensive to do so?
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can install Mac OSX on a PC now. I haven't done it - I'm a Mac user - but I'm looking into it for my sister. I get a bit tired offering 'family technical support' for an operating system which seems to seek to control the user.
gordboy
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbo234 wrote:
If you have the time, is it a simple matter to switch from Windows to Linux or Macwhatever?

You could change over to linux in about an hour. All you need is the install CD. You already have all your valuable data backed up to CD or DVD, I take it.

Popular versions are Fedora Core 6 & Ubuntu 6.10. They both have good hardware driver support. And they are both absolutely FREE.

As for running MacOSX on a PC. This is not really viable, or more to the point, LEGAL. I would advise people to steer well clear. Of course, I am not talking about "legit" Mac installations. They are fine.

-----

This message was brought to you in Firefox 1.5.0.7 for linux Fedora Core 6.
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gordboy wrote:
kbo234 wrote:

You could change over to linux in about an hour. All you need is the install CD. You already have all your valuable data backed up to CD or DVD, I take it.

Popular versions are Fedora Core 6 & Ubuntu 6.10. They both have good hardware driver support. And they are both absolutely FREE.

This message was brought to you in Firefox 1.5.0.7 for linux Fedora Core 6.

Thanks for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> About this website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: