FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Truthers: How do this week's events affect your cause?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

This week's US news: good for the Truth Movement?
Helps the Truth Movement
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Hurts the Truth Movement
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Doesn't change a thing
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
On Planet X, the Truth Movement does the hurting
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Truthers: How do this week's events affect your cause? Reply with quote

I couldn't help but notice a bit of disappointment in this week's election results. For example:
chek wrote:
andyb wrote:
Bob Bowman failed in making it to the Congress. Crying or Very sad

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pages/results/states/FL/H/15/index.ht ml

I wonder if the exit poll data has been checked yet?

I suspect the Pelosi neocon Dems will play down any irregularities and be content with their lesser win.

But US elections operate on a county level, so let's wait and see how the poll/exit results match up first.
(my emphasis)

And there doesn't seem to be any celebration about Rumsfeld's resignation.

I'm just curious. Is there anything good about this week's events from the perspective of your movement? Do these events change anything at all?

aggle-rithm
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, clearly, if it were an inside job, it would have to have been a bi-partisan inside job. Otherwise the Democrats would have jumped on Bush like dogs on a pile of entrails.

So, it shouldn't make any difference to the CT's.
msheekhah
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Inside Job Reply with quote

No, you see, in psychology, the best way to get away with lying is to make the lie so preposterous, so outrageous, that you can't possibly expect to get away with it unless its the truth. Then, you selectively control the flow of information and evidence. And lastly, you leverage the opposition by invoking their self interest.

See, most Americans are Christians. And in Revelations, Israel is restored, and its enemies are vanquished by God.

So, when the Conspirators tell their outrageous tale, they appeal to the Pro-Israel sentiment that is the foundation for Christianity. And everyone knows, Pro-Israel is anti-Islamic... or Anti-Terrorists.

This is a level and elegance of manipulation that hasn't been seen since Nazi Germany. And if you look at the current state of our Bill of Rights, you will see even more similarities.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, look up the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, Public Law 109-364, or the “John Warner Defense Authorization Act of 2007″ (H.R.5122), and the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America. Look for what the critics say about these acts. I'm not giving you links because then I would be telling you what those acts say. I want you to discover what critics think of these acts for yourself and make up your own mind.

Just some info.
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Inside Job Reply with quote

msheekhah wrote:
And everyone knows, Pro-Israel is anti-Islamic... or Anti-Terrorists.

False.

msheekhah
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Inside Job Reply with quote

chipmunk stew wrote:
msheekhah wrote:
And everyone knows, Pro-Israel is anti-Islamic... or Anti-Terrorists.

False.

You're right. I should have said "everyone knows"... That's the spin they are trying to push on people.
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article15542.htm

Says it all.

Quote:- "If anyone thinks the horrors of the Bush Imperium are somehow at an end – or will even be seriously impaired – by the results of yesterday's election, they have a harsh and bitter awakening to come."
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted the Planet X option, but after thinking about it further, I'm going with the Hurts the Truth Movement option.

The Truth Movement got a big lift from widespread unhappiness with Bush and the congressional Republicans. For many people, it's been surreal how much power Bush has been able to retain and how far the Republicans have overreached, when it seemed so obvious that their policies were morally and politically wrong and Constitutionally questionable. This caused a lot of suspicion about conspiratorial power-grabbing and speculation about how far the agenda went and how far they'd be willing to go to get it.

Now that the Democrats will be controlling more of the agenda, the mechanations in Washington will revert the USG a more moderate power center, and the sheeple will regain the sense that the power to affect change and overthrow a corrupt or overreaching goverment still rests in their hands and their votes. This will naturally lead many sheeple away from conspiratorial thinking.

Perhaps it's all part of the Plan after all, eh?

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted good

Although there is next to zero chance of a congressional inquiry into the 9/11 investigation, congressional hearings into the war on terror/Iraq, etc. could open more eyes to the depth of corruption and deception at the heart of US politics and this in turn could increase interest in the 9/11 truth movement.

With Rummy out the way, people may be more open to expose his past lies and this in turn could lead to 9/11. So generally a good week.
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it must be bad for the "truth movement" which of course has no interest in the truth. No one would seriously believe the zero-evidence theory that 9/11 was an inside job if they sat down and thought it through free of emotion. It is only hatred of Bush and the neo-cons that persuades them of the nonsense; you can see it again and again in their posts. If Bush's wings are clipped, hatred is liable to be less intense and less able to override sense and logic.
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This will naturally lead many sheeple away from conspiratorial thinking.

Sheeple do not think - conspiratorially or otherwise. This makes no difference to them.

Quote:
It is only hatred of Bush and the neo-cons that persuades them of the nonsense;

And the fact that it is blatant.
Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just so true...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/54918

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
Oh, it must be bad for the "truth movement" which of course has no interest in the truth. No one would seriously believe the zero-evidence theory that 9/11 was an inside job if they sat down and thought it through free of emotion. It is only hatred of Bush and the neo-cons that persuades them of the nonsense; you can see it again and again in their posts. If Bush's wings are clipped, hatred is liable to be less intense and less able to override sense and logic.

Judging by the (lack of) insight displayed in this post, you really haven't a clue about politics or people or the future at all have you?
Bush is as much a puppet of the oligarchs as Pelosi is.

Neither is the neocon mindset confined to parts of the Republican Party - we have a neocon Labour Prime Minister more right wing than Thatcher, as has Canada and Australia - the first to jump on the Iraq bandwagon you may have noticed..

Changing the window display changes nothing of any substance.
'Bush haters' - laughable. Who would waste the psychic energy?
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:
Bushwacker wrote:

Judging by the (lack of) insight displayed in this post, you really haven't a clue about politics or people or the future at all have you?

Neither is the neocon mindset confined to parts of the Republican Party - we have a neocon Labour Prime Minister more right wing than Thatcher, as has Canada and Australia - the first to jump on the Iraq bandwagon you may have noticed..

Right, of course, Bush is just a puppet of the Bilderburgers/Illuminati/Rothschilds/Zionists/Central bankers/Lizards/Oil companies/Military-industrial complex/my aunt Fanny, I keep forgetting that.

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
chek wrote:
Bushwacker wrote:

Right, of course, Bush is just a puppet of the Bilderburgers/Illuminati/Rothschilds/Zionists/Central bankers/Lizards/Oil companies/Military-industrial complex/my aunt Fanny, I keep forgetting that.

Try reading what is written - look up any words you don't understand if necessary. Is it Misrepresentation Day where you are?
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so sorry, have I missed out your particular candidates for the oligarchy? It's Bonesmen, is it?
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Right, of course, Bush is just a puppet of the Bilderburgers/Illuminati/Rothschilds/Zionists/Central bankers/Lizards/Oil companies/Military-industrial complex/my aunt Fanny, I keep forgetting that

Hmmm...well there's a lot there that one wouldnt expect you to be able to do anything about, but do you think you could have a quiet word with your aunt Fanny, see if you can get her to reconsider the ethics of her manipulative behaviour?

I'm sure we'd all be grateful

"Makes no difference", btw

Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
Quote:
Right, of course, Bush is just a puppet of the Bilderburgers/Illuminati/Rothschilds/Zionists/Central bankers/Lizards/Oil companies/Military-industrial complex/my aunt Fanny, I keep forgetting that

Hmmm...well there's a lot there that one wouldnt expect you to be able to do anything about, but do you think you could have a quiet word with your aunt Fanny, see if you can get her to reconsider the ethics of her manipulative behaviour?

I'm sure we'd all be grateful

I am afraid poor dear Fanny is beyond all reason now. We think she sniffed too much glue when she was sticking back all those chads to get Dubya elected first time around, and she is now deteriorating fast, sitting dribbling in a corner all day, mumbling "thermite or star wars" to herself. She had a really bad turn yesterday, she started shouting "BOTH, it's BOTH" at the top of her voice, ran over and started spreading Marmite on the staircase and trying to set fire to it. The staff at the home are very kind, but they will not put up with it for much longer, I'm afraid.

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad for Aunt Fanny huh? Still it should stop her Bush manipulating antics
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
Too bad for Aunt Fanny huh? Still it should stop her Bush manipulating antics

If only that were so, unfortunately Fanny is constantly manipulating her bush, it is very embarrassing to see her at it.

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
Oh, so sorry, have I missed out your particular candidates for the oligarchy? It's Bonesmen, is it?

Oh - freudian slip was that? I was only talking about oligarchs, yet now you are stating we live in an oligarchy.
Interesting, although I've suspected as much for some time now.
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aggle-rithm wrote:
Well, clearly, if it were an inside job, it would have to have been a bi-partisan inside job. Otherwise the Democrats would have jumped on Bush like dogs on a pile of entrails.

So, it shouldn't make any difference to the CT's.

Wrong!

If it is an inside job, it has been carried out by a very small group of criminals who have wormed their way into high places. There could of course be some in the upper echelons of the Democratic Party but that would not be neccessary for achieving the success of the 9/11 attacks. For that success (in their terms) it would not even be necessary that President Bush was in the know. Webster Tarpley in his book, 911 Synthetic Terror, presents a feasible, though not altogether convincing, case that Bush did not know it was going to happen but was bullied into compliance with the cover up, by a threatening phone call from Cheyney.

But then I cant speak for the conspiracy theorists because I'm not not one. I don't claim to know what exactly happened. Most of our critics are conspiracy theorists because they claim they do know: that the theory that the attacks caught the US government completely unawares and was carried out by 19 Arab hijackers because they hate freedom is correct.
Graham
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:

You left out his old man Wink
Anti-sophist
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmasdale wrote:

If it is an inside job, it has been carried out by a very small group of criminals who have wormed their way into high places.

Unless you are talking about LIHOP, I'd love to hear your estimate. Exactly how many criminals would it require for a MIHOP attack, and which theory, in particular are we talking about... CD? Flyover at the pentagon? Hologram planes? Pods? Ordinance shot into Shanksville? Star Wars Fusion Beam Weapon? Thermonuclear explosion?

I just want to know which theory you support, and how many people you think it would take to pull it off. If you don't claim to support any theory, then let's simplify the question and ask which would require the least people, and estimate the number you'd need to actually do it.

Quote:

But then I cant speak for the conspiracy theorists because I'm not not one.

Please don't lie.

Quote:
I don't claim to know what exactly happened. Most of our critics are conspiracy theorists because they claim they do know: that the theory that the attacks caught the US government completely unawares and was carried out by 19 Arab hijackers because they hate freedom is correct.

That's not the definition of a conspiracy theorist, and no one here claims to know exactly what happened. Our claim is that the "official" story is the best theory via Occam's razor. That has nothing to do with being "exactly" right.
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:
Bushwacker wrote:

Oh - freudian slip was that? I was only talking about oligarchs, yet now you are stating we live in an oligarchy.

An oligarch is a member of an oligarchy, there is no other meaning. You cannot have one without the other, once again your English comprehension and logic let you down.

But I am glad to see you think my word is proof enough of what I say.

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
chek wrote:
Bushwacker wrote:

An oligarch is a member of an oligarchy, there is no other meaning. You cannot have one without the other, once again your English comprehension and logic let you down.

But I am glad to see you think my word is proof enough of what I say.

Curses, I knew I'd regret not taking that MI5 scholarship to Oxbridge one day...
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:

Curses, I knew I'd regret not taking that MI5 scholarship to Oxbridge one day...

Yes, if only you had learnt to write your name neatly in the top corner of the paper, the world might have been your lobster!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: