FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loose Change on Channel 5
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfayaz
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Loose Change on Channel 5 Reply with quote

People, we've known about writing to Channel 5 for over 2 months now and yet I don't see any progress. Granted, some of you have already written to them, but I honestly believe that these few are not enough if we really do want this shown.

All I'm writing to say is write a letter basically supporting the fact that you want Loose Change shown on the station - that's all. PM, email or somehow send me the letter and I will post it for each and every one of you individuals, out of my own pocket!

You all know how important this is to the general public out there. This is bigger than a few individuals and the movement. Just imagine the possible feedback?!

5 minutes of your time could really make a difference.

Alternatively you can email them:

Dan Chambers, Director of Programmes: dan.chambers@five.tv

His assistant: sarah.jackson@five.tv

The address, should you want to post it yourself:

Dan Chambers
Director of Programmes
Five TV
22 Long Acre
London
WC2E 9LY

Tel: 0845 7 050505 OR 0207 421 7270

Toseef

PS. Can you make this sticky please? Very Happy

Last edited by tfayaz on Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Just phone the buggers up. Reply with quote

I reckon just phone em up.
Very few people can be arsed...Errmmm sorry find the time to write letters in this day and age.

-----------------------------------
Five TV
22 Long Acre
London
WC2E 9LY

0845 7 050505
0207 421 7270
customerservices@five.tv
-----------------------------------

President Eisenhower 1961
tfayaz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point taken mate, but they're not going to jack if we phone them. They'll say "Thank you for the call...." and leave it at that.

This way at least we can almost bombard them with letter upon letter.

Optimism is the way forward mate.

Toseef
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: letter to Channel 5 Reply with quote

Well here's someone who can be arsed (err sorry "bothered") I have e-mailed them the following, complete with my full name, address and phone number, and a copy to tfayaz by BCC as requested.

Others who feel moved to write, please use your own words, rather than copying mine.

Noel
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------

** S***** R***
H****
London

020* **** *****

Dear Sir/Madam

The fast-expanding and vibrant worldwide 911 Truth Movement has hitherto been largely ignored by the mainstream media or, if mentioned, has been done so disparagingly. It would appear we cannot in these days of War on Terror expect unbiased reporting of related social and political phenomena. It should not surprise us that the first casualty of war is truth, but please take a look at a movie being widely distributed by this movement, Loose Change 2, and screen it on TV. This will give the public a chance to make up their own minds whether the sneers of certain commentators are justified.

Yours for peace and truth

Noel Glynn

"Take heed, dear Friends, to the promptings of love and truth in your hearts." - Quaker Advices and Queries
tfayaz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noel,

Thanks for copying me into the email.

I will be keeping an archive of all the letters that have been sent out.

Come on people, let's get writing and make a difference!!
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I have emailed all of the big terrestrial tv players with a view to nationally screening Loose Change 2 - I would be genuinely surprised if this actually happened.

Channel 5 has run the gauntlet of light hearted 'Did We Go To Moon Type' documentaries, but things have changed dramatically in the past 18 months, there is a much darker and more sinister cloud in the heavens.

Recently Bush made a speech regarding anyone condoning 9/11 conspiracy theories as siding with the terrorists and things seemed to change after that - moods and opinions, not to mention any hidden agendas and potential covert governmental pressure/whatever goes on behind the scenes.

Although we can openly discuss such issues as 9/11 and The Truth here, it appears that such things are verboten on national tv.

The recent anniversary would have been the perfect time to offer a balanced raft of programmes, instead the most controversial was the one about claiming compensation for still living relatives.

It may be a country where free-speech is welcomed, but make sure you keep your mouth shut when doing it.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
tfayaz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, telecasterisation.

I do however believe that pressure applied with the right amount will get this little door open. Needless to say, IF they were to ever show it, I could honestly see one or two media outlets giving it a more fair and balanced review.

Whether we agree to which documentary should be shown or when the right time was, I think it is for the greater good that we really rally behind this.
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHANNEL 5 REPLIES

Your Reference: VA/173687/JM (Please quote this reference in all further correspondence)

Date: 14th November 2006

Dear J Noel Glynn

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding Loose Change 2nd Edition.

We are fully aware of this film; unfortunately, we do not have the rights to it. However, we have passed your request to see this film on Five to our Acquisitions Department for their attention.

If there is anything further we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your interest in Five.

Yours sincerely

JULIE

VIEWER ADVISOR

Please note that the contact details for Five Customer Services are as follows:

Telephone: 0845 7 05 05 05 / 020 7421 7270

Text telephone for use by deaf people: 0845 7 41 37 87

E-mail: customerservices@five.tv

Fax: 020 7836 1286
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
...Channel 5 has run the gauntlet of light hearted 'Did We Go To Moon Type' documentaries, but things have changed dramatically in the past 18 months, there is a much darker and more sinister cloud in the heavens.

Recently Bush made a speech regarding anyone condoning 9/11 conspiracy theories as siding with the terrorists and things seemed to change after that - moods and opinions, not to mention any hidden agendas and potential covert governmental pressure/whatever goes on behind the scenes.

Although we can openly discuss such issues as 9/11 and The Truth here, it appears that such things are verboten on national tv...

The dark sinister cloud is not so new. As I recounted elsewhere on the forum:
I then wrote:
I met (and, in a small way, assisted) the producers of the Channel Five programme, 'The 10 Greatest Conspiracies' (or whatever it was called) when they were filming at the Nexus Conference in Amsterdam. I mentioned that there was a 9/11 conference in Toronto that same weekend. I was told that 9/11 was to hot a topic to discuss.

When the programme was aired, their method of deducing which conspiracies constituted the top 10 was revealed. It was based on the number of pages which Google returned as hits. I put this to the test and found that 9/11 returned five times more hits than their number one, mind control.

That was in March 2004. The conspiracies programme was shown later in the year and was a complete pìss take with 'actors' lurking behind interviewees with mock mind control devices. Maybe I have become a little prejudiced against Channel Five - but I suspect they will only show Loose Change if the angle with which they present it suits them. Reading between the lines this seems to me to be borne out in the obfuscating reply Noel received.
Hazzard
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They dont have the rights to it?

What a crock of manure! They should know that Avery will give it to them for free!

Besides I emailed them about this months ago and never even bothered getting a reply, so meh.

I doubt its going to happen to be honest, but im a cynical b****** Razz.

xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Julie

Thank you for your e-mail explaining that you can't screen Loose Change 2 because you don't have the rights to it. I am happy to inform you that Dylan Avery will grant you those rights for free. All you have to do is to e-mail him at dylan@loosechange911.com . Alternatively you could contact Tim Sparke, Chief Executive Officer of Mercury Media tsparke@mercurymedia.org who also has the rights to this movie.

I am so glad there is no insurmountable barrier to Channel 5 screening this movie and I look forward to viewing it on your channel soon.

Yous sincerely

Noel Glynn
adam1
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: emailing five Reply with quote

Well I emailed C5 in September, thanks to prodding on this forum, and they politely batted me away.
It seems that if flamesong is correct, which I think he is, then we are on a hiding to nothing.
Not to discourage anybody, just maybe direct your energy elsewhere - Joe Bloggs?
On reflection, it still ceases to amaze me, and motivate me, to see how all this would only seem to confirm that we've really got a "live one" here, with big organisations tying themselves in knots not to have to look the white elephant in the face. Let's hope that the water that is amassing at the damn wall will eventually find a way through.
Keep going!

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think these efforts are wasted. They provide further evidence of mainstream braodcasters are failing in the public duty and such evidence will come in handy. It makes it harder for them to pretend they are / were unaware of 9/11 truth
ishaar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just called channel 5, as soon as I mentioned loose change I got a 'get off the phone as quickly as possible' response. They said they don't have the broadcast rights, I asked if that was the only thing stopping them going ahead as there actually isn't a problem with the right to broadcast DA has already given broadcast rights freely to anyone who cares to broadcast the production.
He then said it also depends on whether the board see's the production as 'appropriate'.
I asked if he were familiar with Loose Change, he said he was.
I told him Loose change is being broadcast worldwide, with subtitles in non English speaking countries, they must feel it's 'appropriate' why is the UK audience being denied the chance to assess the appropriateness of the production for themselves.
The board makes the final decision he said.

I guess what they deem apropriate or inapropriate is down to whether or not it conflicts with our government present hate campaigne against Muslims rather than any demands expressed by Joe public.
mason-free party
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and we all know which clan owns channel 5...head office near the Grand Masonic Lodge i believe...Longacre street joins Gt.Queen st
TimmyG
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know if loose change is the best thing to get shown. many people will just pick out the over-confident conclusive parts which are totally speculative (missile, phone calls faked etc...)

something like 9/11 mysteries or press 4truth might be more effective in the long run

scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think "Press for Truth" is a superb documentary and would make great TV.
ishaar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too think 'press for truth' would be a good option, and maybe they would have less of a problem broadcasting it as it doesn't directly address the issue of who perpetrated 9 11, only that indeed there is a big cover up.
TimmyG
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know. i think it might be better to stick to what we can prove to start off with..although i suspect an element of the us gov to be responsible, we can't prove it yet. we can prove there has been a cover up

not enough people are aware of this

Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ishaar wrote:
I too think 'press for truth' would be a good option, and maybe they would have less of a problem broadcasting it as it doesn't directly address the issue of who perpetrated 9 11, only that indeed there is a big cover up.

This film is a decoy:

Michael Moore's F911 = Bush Corrupt and to blame for 9/11

PFT = commission corrupt and some dodgy goings on.

If you notice is MENTIONS in passing that the towers fell quickly it discusses NONE of the demolition evidence and I don't think it even mentions Silverstein and WTC 7 (I could be wrong on this).

I would NEVER show PFT to an audience UNLESS I was showing 9/11 Mysteries or LC2 or something else as well.

It is even COPYRIGHTED and people will be PROSECUTED for broadcasting without permission (in theory). It is the only 9/11 film I know of which has this notice at the end.

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
ishaar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree PFT is a bit weak, but better than nothing. I know 2 people who started looking a lot deeper after watching PFT. Also, if someone not aware of the 9 11 issues has already seen PFT I think the suggestion that there was government complicity, awarenes, pre-knowledge of 9 11 is more readily believed.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ishaar wrote:
I agree PFT is a bit weak, but better than nothing. I know 2 people who started looking a lot deeper after watching PFT.

Well, that's good. Long may it continue.

I just have bad feelings about the film - and I am not the only one. Perhaps the PTB will have shot themselves in the foot by funding it (and it WAS well funded).

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
A Sharp Major
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

Location: In the van with the blacked out windows, parked outside your home.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a criticism so bear with me.

Quote:
Thank you for your e-mail explaining that you can't screen Loose Change 2 because you don't have the rights to it. I am happy to inform you that Dylan Avery will grant you those rights for free.

As the Naudet brothers went legal on Dylan it may be that other copyright holders are doing likewise. Avery and company are making money from other people's/agencies' film clips and that changes the legal aspects. Perhaps DA doesn't own the rights so he can't grant them. Channel 5's legal department know that.

Of course they (C5) should say so instead of skirting the issue.

http://www.screwloosechange.blogspot.com/
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that if you tell someone that the towers were blown up, it will be disregarded because they wouldn't believe you.

The way that PFT has been made is that it gets people thinking and creates awareness!! There was more to the success of 9/11 than just blowing up the towers and people do need a general understanding about the whole event (IMHO)
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Avery and company are making money from other people's/agencies' film clips

Lie. Blatant lie.
A Sharp Major
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post deleted

ASM

Flagging up your opinions and then continuing with a discussion in critics corner, no problem.

Entering on going discussion in the areas of the forum for non-critics/campaign supporters is not allowed.

Cheers

Ian

Graham
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Sharp Major wrote:
blackcat accused

Quote:
Lie. Blatant lie

From Avery's own 'Loose Change' website http://www.loosechange911.com

Quote:
Loose Change 2nd Edition
"Loose Change 2nd Edition" is the follow-up to the most provocative 9-11 documentary on the market today. Now shipping the second edition

Price $17.95

http://www.lc911.com/lc911/catalog/

'Loose Change' isn't just a freebie on the internet. Avery and company are making money from other people's/agencies' film clips. Aren't they blackcat?

well, they've got to buy food, pay bills etc.

how many bands do you see giving people a choice to download free or buy it if they want?
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham wrote:
A Sharp Major wrote:
blackcat accused

Quote:
Lie. Blatant lie

From Avery's own 'Loose Change' website http://www.loosechange911.com

Quote:
Loose Change 2nd Edition
"Loose Change 2nd Edition" is the follow-up to the most provocative 9-11 documentary on the market today. Now shipping the second edition

Price $17.95

http://www.lc911.com/lc911/catalog/

'Loose Change' isn't just a freebie on the internet. Avery and company are making money from other people's/agencies' film clips. Aren't they blackcat?

well, they've got to buy food, pay bills etc.

Yes, this absolutely correct.

I actually discussed this with Dylan some while ago on the American 9/11 site. He said that whilst he was keen to get the message out in any way possible, he is not a charity and has overheads like everyone else.

Bear in mind, Loose Change isn't and wasn't a project designed to make money as such, but Dylan still has to live and although you can purchase the DVD, buy T-shirts etc, this isn't an exercise in becoming 'wealthy', merely staying solvent.

However, I am not positive about the way in which Dylan making money out of other peoples' film clips is meant. If it is meant that Loose Change is composed primarily of footage shot by other people of 9/11 events and Dylan generates an income of sorts from it, then yes this is factual and not a blatant lie as blackcat stated.

I am however unsure why we would even challenge Dylan if he was becoming wealthy from Loose Change? It is the very reason we are here and he deserves something for his efforts - one day there might even be a statue of him and here we are debating the rights and wrongs of him making a few quid? Seems we are being a trifle mercenary.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
A Sharp Major
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you telecasterisation for your very reasonable reply in support of a fact. How much money Avery and company are making is neither here nor there at this time although I suspect it'll more than 'pay the bills' unless it is their legal bill if someone gets really annoyed with them.

Of Channel 5's response Hazzard said

Quote:
They dont have the rights to it?

What a crock of manure! They should know that Avery will give it to them for free!

http://loosechange911.com

Quote:
Loose Change 2nd Edition contains unlicensed footage including, without limitation, copyrighted footage owned by FOX, CNN, NBC, CSPAN and Camera Planet, as well as Gedeon and Jules Naudet and James Hanlon, directors of the documentary film entitled "9/11 - The Filmmakers' Commemorative Edition." The views expressed in Loose Change may not represent the views of the copyright owners or the individuals featured in such footage. With respect to the Naudet brothers and Mr. Hanlon, out of sensitivity to and respect for the victims' families, they have consistently refused to license any of their footage (with the sole exception of footage of the first plane striking Tower 1, which is thought to be the only footage of this event) to anyone for any purpose, regardless of the point of view expressed in any resulting film, program or other commentary. The Naudet brothers, Mr. Hanlon, the firefighters they interviewed for their film and Paramount (which distributes the Naudet/Hanlon film) do not endorse or support the views expressed in Loose Change.

My point was and is; Dylan Avery doesn't own the copyright, so he can't
Quote:
give it to them for free!
Perhaps the fact that Avery is making money kind of puts the legal lid on Channel 5's position.

Please continue separate thread in critics corner ASM. Ta..............

Ian

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My twopenneth worth

If Dylan makes money out of his endevours all power to him.

Copyright issues have not prevented the film being broadcast on 'terrestrial' channels around the world and I understand Loose Change 3 is to be screened in Ireland in 2007. Should be interesting. We have had no indication from Channel 5 that their hesitation to screen the film is anything to do with copyright concerns.

Anyone interested in the detail of this (as opposed to pure speculation) is advised to contact Tim at Mercury Media or Dylan directly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: