FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheap DVDs / DVD production

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freddie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Cheap DVDs / DVD production Reply with quote

I've been thinking about the production of DVDs. I take it that a few of you have been burning them, and as far as I can see from the forum there is only one person who knows someone with a duplicator. Are you putting normal stickers on the disks or are you printing them?

I ask because I've been looking to buy a CD duplicator (1-7 at least) for another project I'm involved with. Although we would only ever really need CDR production, if I save the money I might think about getting a DVD version. I've done a project where we had to burn 400 disks on our pcs and it was a pain, a multi burner and a few days work and there is enough disks to reach thousands of people.

This was the other thing I was thinking about, the cost of the blank DVDs. Surely we can work out some sort of bulk buy / deal with a company. DVDRs are still sold in no more 50's. If I had this multiburner and a few hundred quid, I'm sure we could get a bulk deal - you never know, we might be able to find someone sympathetic.

The only place I can find that sells them in bulk is:
[url]
http://www.wholesale-media.com/acatalog/copy_of__R_DVD_S.html[/url]

Also, well done to KennyM for his work on putting several documentaries on 1 disk, with a good looking menu to select which to play. I think this is the best use of resources, getting the most info out.

I'll get in contact Kenny when I know what's going on with this burner.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddie,

I believe Keith Motherson has a duplicator too mail me at ad.johnson@ntlworld.com if you want his e-mail address

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Dr Hemp
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few of us involved with the 911 Totnes Truth Movement have each clubbed in a couple hundred quid and bought a DVD duplicator that will do 100 over night.

If you provide us with the blank DVDs I'm sure we can copy some for your area - email info@911truthtotnes.com for more details.

Chris.
www.911truthtotnes.com

freddie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew, I've seen the pictures of the boxes you've made, good job. How do you print on the top of your DVDs. Is it an expensive printer? - How many DVDs does one ink cartridge cover? Just trying to work out how much the printing adds to the production cost.

Hemp, I may well be in touch if we don't get our own, cheers.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddie,

I use an R200 printer - now superseded by the R220 - about £60-£70.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000BD88S2/qid=1141773979/sr= 8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-9830717-3752466

I haven't had the trouble that 1 Amazon reviewer had - and have found my R200 very good for all the tasks I have used it for (100's of pages and perhaps 600 DVDs now)

I get datasafe printable disks 50 for £10 from www.svp.co.uk (Jim swears by Verbatim, but these are about twice as expensive). Plastic wallets approx 1p - 3p each when bought in hundreds on e-bay. I got 18 printer cartridges for £22 delivered on e-bay too. All seems to work...

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ConcepteX-co-uk_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3a messtQQtZkm

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/INK-DEALS-DIRECT

D E A N
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes a DVD 'printable'? Also, with your printer, do you literally just shove the disc in and then it prints what you want onto the disc? If so, I didn't realise you could get printers that do that!
freddie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew,

Cheers for the links, your Epson looks like exactly the sort of thing that we're are looking to start with.

The e-bay ink deals seem incredible. I have only recently bought a printer and have not had to replace the cartridge, but I was told they cost 25 quid(ish) each - and these are 22 quid for 18!?! - is there no catch?

Dean,

There are two types of printable DVDs and CDs, Inkjet and Thermal. You have to get the right type depending on what type of printer you are using. Inkjet is the cheaper option from what I can see. And yeh, although the higher end models are purely for printing on disks, you can get normal looking printers that have the ability to print on to disks also.
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-bay ink is fine - check the feedback - no catch!

1 tip, when I print the DVDs with the Epson Print CD software, I set it to "plain paper" mode (rather than "DVD"). This speeds up the process about 2 or 3 times, but the quality isn't quite as good.

KennyM
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

links for dupes and bulk buy DVDs

www.diskdepot.co.uk
www.svp.co.uk
www.burn-media.co.uk

all links are recommended.

freddie, DVD dupes can also copy CDs. Get in touch by email or pm if you want some more info.

Dr Hemp
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Full colour personalised DVDs duplicated Reply with quote

In addition to our DVD burner, 911 Truth Totnes, has purchased a DVD/ CD colour printer that will print onto 50 DVDs in 1 hour - so we can now produce very quickly professional looking full colour DVDs

If anyone is interested - please email info@911truthtotnes.com

Chris
www.911truthtotnes.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: