FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Many a true word................
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Many a true word................ Reply with quote

Every now and again one of the ragged army of truthshirkers has a thought which they have not just picked up from their usual round of websites, and sometimes you feel that they might even be getting the glimmerings of some insight into what they are doing. Here, for example, is Fallious in his "My super controversial idea!" thread:

"By ignoring and subverting normally indisputable evidence, and discounting the majority of counter evidence or witnesses as plants, I can build a case for my 'Not 9/11' theory. Just like 'No Planes' and 'Beam Weapons' this requires that believers ignore the bare faced facts of the day, and instead favour a chain of events which aim to explain minor anomalies, rather than the events as a whole."

If you merely substitute "inside job" or "controlled demolition" for "Not 9/11 theory" this not a perfect description of the conspiracists usual methods of operation?

Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Many a true word................ Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
Every now and again one of the ragged army of truthshirkers has a thought which they have not just picked up from their usual round of websites, and sometimes you feel that they might even be getting the glimmerings of some insight into what they are doing. Here, for example, is Fallious in his "My super controversial idea!" thread:

"By ignoring and subverting normally indisputable evidence, and discounting the majority of counter evidence or witnesses as plants, I can build a case for my 'Not 9/11' theory. Just like 'No Planes' and 'Beam Weapons' this requires that believers ignore the bare faced facts of the day, and instead favour a chain of events which aim to explain minor anomalies, rather than the events as a whole."

If you merely substitute "inside job" or "controlled demolition" for "Not 9/11 theory" this not a perfect description of the conspiracists usual methods of operation?

This forum is having a bad time at the moment. It seems that the members with a real interest in 911 are out-numbered by the trolls and shills. I think the admins need to put their foot down and start banning a few peeps and IP's.

I've almost given up on this place and I'm definitely looking for other forums to participate on. I'd rather see a much slower forum with quality content than the current sh*t storm. Rolling Eyes

Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Many a true word................ Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
Bushwacker wrote:

This forum is having a bad time at the moment. It seems that the members with a real interest in 911 are out-numbered by the trolls and shills. I think the admins need to put their foot down and start banning a few peeps and IP's.

I've almost given up on this place and I'm definitely looking for other forums to participate on. I'd rather see a much slower forum with quality content than the current sh*t storm. Rolling Eyes

Oh, Patrick, how we would miss you!
With your smelly feet, and merry cries of "Shill!" at all and sundry, what a contribution to intelligent debate you made.

I'll get your coat.

Anti-sophist
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Many a true word................ Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:

This forum is having a bad time at the moment. It seems that the members with a real interest in 911 are out-numbered by the trolls and shills.

Just like real life.

Quote:

I think the admins need to put their foot down and start banning a few peeps and IP's.

Why? Because you don't like people disagreeing with you? You need to be part of a flock (ahem) where everyone parrots the same nonsense?

Quote:

You'd rather see a forum with no dissent. You'd rather not have your opinions challenges. You want everyone to agree with you. You aren't interested in the truth as much as you are interested in reinforced delusion.
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Many a true word................ Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
Bushwacker wrote:

Sadly, this is one of the most credible 9/11 Truth forums. Good luck! Keep dreaming the impossible dream!

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Many a true word................ Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
Bushwacker wrote:

Ach - fear not Patrick.
It's always darkest before the dawn etc. and all that old cobblers.
Critical mass is coming and all those you think are currently on the upswing are already on the wrong side.

The Dems win earlier this month was meant to be a lightning rod for the perceived 'Bush hatred' that supposedly explains everything.

How wrong they are - as Admiral Yamamoto said after the attack on Pearl Harbour, but equally applies to 911 and a host of related movements: "I fear we have only wakened a sleeping giant, and his reaction will be terrible."
911 truth doesn't stop at the truth of 911.
Hang in there - the sh*tstorm is really just gnat bites.
A Sharp Major
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

Location: In the van with the blacked out windows, parked outside your home.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown regrets
Quote:

Most if not all of whom were here before you turned up Patrick. Didn't you notice? Perhaps not. Or do you think a high post count buys 'seniority' or influence with the site overlords. Posts for honours?

As for 'admins' banning, I can think of a few 'on message' members that do the site more damage with their thuggish posturing than the handful of critics with their different intellects.

http://www.screwloosechange.blogspot.com/
chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Many a true word................ Reply with quote

chek wrote:
Ach - fear not Patrick.
It's always darkest before the dawn etc. and all that old cobblers.
Critical mass is coming and all those you think are currently on the upswing are already on the wrong side.

Ever the optimist. Wink

Quote:
The Dems win earlier this month was meant to be a lightning rod for the perceived 'Bush hatred' that supposedly explains everything.

It was all part of The Crafty Neocon Plan.

Quote:
How wrong they are - as Admiral Yamamoto said after the attack on Pearl Harbour, but equally applies to 911 and a host of related movements: "I fear we have only wakened a sleeping giant, and his reaction will be terrible."

That was mis-translated. Scholars have revised the quote: "I fear we have only provoked a retarded leprechaun, and his gibberish will be incoherent."

Quote:
911 truth doesn't stop at the truth of 911.

Doesn't really start there, either, does it?

Quote:

And this sh*t sandwich is really peanut butter and jelly. Honest. Enjoy!

Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I said was:

Quote:
I've almost given up on this place

And the shills think Christmas has come early!

chek wrote:

No I'll still be around chek but I'm seriously thinking of starting my own forum (I used to do web-design, php, MySQL and all that LAMPS stuff) which would be a tad strict. Twisted Evil

blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No I'll still be around chek but I'm seriously thinking of starting my own forum (I used to do web-design, php, MySQL and all that LAMPS stuff) which would be a tad strict.

I'll be first in the queue to join if you prevent the lying filth who are allowed to post here from posting at your site.
gordboy
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Sharp Major wrote:
As for 'admins' banning, I can think of a few 'on message' members that do the site more damage with their thuggish posturing than the handful of critics with their different intellects.

I totally agree with that statement. I am generally-speaking for the aims of this forum, but there is a tendency for people here to imagine they are the sole arbiters of truth and acceptability. The term "thuggish posturing" is completely appropriate.

The critics have actually made a more coherent contribution to the forum than the rest combined. And they are right about the lack of logical discipline. It is high time that people here acquainted themselves with the tools of logical discourse, and stopped crying "Disinformationist Shill" every time someone has a query or observation.

The sad truth is this : until people here fully educate themselves, the whole forum will look just like what it is - a talking shop for the true believers, and a model of how NOT to run a forum.
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gordboy wrote:
The critics have actually made a more coherent contribution to the forum than the rest combined.

But they're pushing lies! Why? So they serve a purpose if nothing else, i.e. They prove somebody doesn't want us to talk about and investigate the events of 911. Rolling Eyes

Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
gordboy wrote:
The critics have actually made a more coherent contribution to the forum than the rest combined.

But they're pushing lies! Why? So they serve a purpose if nothing else, i.e. They prove somebody doesn't want us to talk about and investigate the events of 911. Rolling Eyes

Not at all, dear boy. We keep you looking for looking for evidence to counter us, and looking, and looking............ If we wanted you to stop talking about and investigating 9/11 the best thing for us to do would be to disappear. Just look at how much gets posted here compared to the rest of the forum, and our posts make you go looking for evidence, those of you who care to, whereas elsewhere there is you and Ally calling each other shill, blackcat with mindless abuse, pikey with his endless categorisation of other posters, and arguments about whether your wilder flights of fancy harm the "movement" or not. None of which contributes at all to talking about and investigating the events of 9/11.
And you are not even grateful!

Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
Patrick Brown wrote:
gordboy wrote:

Not at all, dear boy. We keep you looking for looking for evidence to counter us, and looking, and looking............ If we wanted you to stop talking about and investigating 9/11 the best thing for us to do would be to disappear. Just look at how much gets posted here compared to the rest of the forum, and our posts make you go looking for evidence, those of you who care to, whereas elsewhere there is you and Ally calling each other shill, blackcat with mindless abuse, pikey with his endless categorisation of other posters, and arguments about whether your wilder flights of fancy harm the "movement" or not. None of which contributes at all to talking about and investigating the events of 9/11.
And you are not even grateful!

Exclamation

Just ...... sniff .......... the ............. foot

chipmunk stew
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
Just look at how much gets posted here compared to the rest of the forum, and our posts make you go looking for evidence, those of you who care to, whereas elsewhere there is you and Ally calling each other shill, blackcat with mindless abuse, pikey with his endless categorisation of other posters, and arguments about whether your wilder flights of fancy harm the "movement" or not. ...

Not to mention the fetishists with their lustful demands for a good foot-sniffing.

Fallious
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you don't consider me to be a troll. I wrote the thread in question to highlight what I consider to be absolutely glaring problems with NPT, Beam Weapon and, well any other theory which relies on subverting a constant that every freakin human on the planet trusts in. It's also structured so as to perhaps hint at the abominable format most 'Pet Theories' take, and who would have guessed it, it was quickly hijacked by the NPT loons.

Unfortunately for you critics, the bare bones of 9/11 truth, rich with it's evidence of quashed investigations, prior knowledge and inside assistance is anything but an anomaly explanation. Considering the backdrop of similar government sponsored events throughout history, and the audacious cover-up of the commission investigation. The overarching explanation of 9/11 truth shines as a well rounded, complete time-line of events, establishing far more convincing means, motive and opportunity than the official lie.

"ignoring and subverting normally indisputable evidence"
"discounting the majority of counter evidence or witnesses"
"Ignore the bare faced facts of the day, and instead favour a chain of events which aim to explain minor anomalies, rather than the events as a whole."

Would you look at that.. It seems I can apply my previously quoted statement to the official lie! Neat!
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallious wrote:
I hope you don't consider me to be a troll. I wrote the thread in question to highlight what I consider to be absolutely glaring problems with NPT, Beam Weapon and, well any other theory which relies on subverting a constant that every freakin human on the planet trusts in. It's also structured so as to perhaps hint at the abominable format most 'Pet Theories' take, and who would have guessed it, it was quickly hijacked by the NPT loons.

Unfortunately for you critics, the bare bones of 9/11 truth, rich with it's evidence of quashed investigations, prior knowledge and inside assistance is anything but an anomaly explanation. Considering the backdrop of similar government sponsored events throughout history, and the audacious cover-up of the commission investigation. The overarching explanation of 9/11 truth shines as a well rounded, complete time-line of events, establishing far more convincing means, motive and opportunity than the official lie.

"ignoring and subverting normally indisputable evidence"
"discounting the majority of counter evidence or witnesses"
"Ignore the bare faced facts of the day, and instead favour a chain of events which aim to explain minor anomalies, rather than the events as a whole."

Would you look at that.. It seems I can apply my previously quoted statement to the official lie! Neat!

A troll??
Not at all Fallious. I thought you devised a damn good exercise in what to beware of. Good job!
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallious wrote:
The overarching explanation of 9/11 truth shines as a well rounded, complete time-line of events, establishing far more convincing means, motive and opportunity than the official lie.

Oh, that's exciting, no one has ever managed that before! Do please share it with us.

Anti-sophist
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two comments:

1) No matter how many critics you ban, kids, there will always be people who disagree with you. You can keep crawling into darker and deeper holes, and letting less and less people in, but there will always be critics of your ideas. In the end, the true fascists like blackcat will be all alone.

2) The Dems victory combined with the new "star wars beam weapon" theories is pretty much the death knell of the truth movement. Ninety percent of "truthers" are ignorant but well-intentioned political cynics whose hatred for bush blinds them and has let them down this path. With the "bush-era" about to be over, most will leave. Without the hatred for Bush, and with true crazy people showing their colors talking about microwave beam weapons from space, this movement is dying rapidly. Sorry.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anti-sophist wrote:
Two comments:

1) No matter how many critics you ban, kids, there will always be people who disagree with you. You can keep crawling into darker and deeper holes, and letting less and less people in, but there will always be critics of your ideas. In the end, the true fascists like blackcat will be all alone.

Paranoia? Laughing . No-ones seriously talking about banning critics. The only critics to be banned where the ones baslessly calling site admin anti-semites. Just the facts

Quote:
2) The Dems victory combined with the new "star wars beam weapon" theories is pretty much the death knell of the truth movement. Ninety percent of "truthers" are ignorant but well-intentioned political cynics whose hatred for bush blinds them and has let them down this path. With the "bush-era" about to be over, most will leave. Without the hatred for Bush, and with true crazy people showing their colors talking about microwave beam weapons from space, this movement is dying rapidly. Sorry.

Whilst I am minded to agree that there has been a proportion of personages whose interest in 9/11 was as a political lever, I know as a fact that you are very rash here

The Dems "victory" has been taken as a "victory" by far fewer in the 9/11 movement than by others in more "mainstream" campaigns. The one party state system has been well and truly exposed, and the days of "manufacturing consent" are well and truly numbered

I note your point two makes no reference to critics input in this apparent diminshment that you percieve: in that at least, it is accurate, as "critics" have been entirely ineffective: the latest "theories" will be just as ineffective:

MIHOP is going nowhere: it can only spread in awareness further, and when the dems fail in their avowed aim of getting troops out of Iraq, it won't just be republican skull n bonesmen called to account: and its being sussed out in the Muslim countries that Al-Queda is a con job as well

(And AS: try not to tip your hand too obviously, there's a good chap!)

Anti-sophist
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

note your point two makes no reference to critics input in this apparent diminshment that you percieve: in that at least, it is accurate, as "critics" have been entirely ineffective: the latest "theories" will be just as ineffective:

Another logical fallacy. Shocker. Critics aren't the death knell, and never have been. That doesn't mean they are ineffective.

Critics will never make the true "believers" go away. Insane theories from so-called "figureheads" will. Lack of Bush will. It was just last week that you guys were all quoting Judy Wood, whose math "proves" 9/11 was an inside job. She goes on to claim a star-wars beam weapon is responsible for the twin towers. We'll see if those claims keep you guys from bringing up her gibberish math. We'll see if those claims keep you guys from citing her background and how she wasn't picked up for tenure (read: fired) from Clemson.

It won't because you guys are cherrypickers. You'll happily quote her credentials while ignoring her utterly _insane_ theories.

More importantly, however, is the topic of critics. We don't cure the "woo" of the believers. All we do is keep otherwise honest and rational people for falling for clever internet videos with spooky music, bad facts, and a terrible grasp of logic. It has, and always will be, incredibly effective. We trim the ranks of the possible conspiracy theorists to only the truly irrational. We keep normal and rational people from falling for gibberish.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memory serves me well again:

It is critics who bought up the issue of Wood into this section of the forum: all Chek and co have done is ensure fair hearings for the credible parts of her work. After all, there HAS to be some

Its not working AS, I see right through you matey

Ever wonder why I stick to theme's and not the specific claims of luminaries?

Anti-sophist
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
all Chek and co have done is ensure fair hearings for the credible parts of her work. After all, there HAS to be some

Wait, wait, wait, the credible parts of her work? You guys don't even SHOW any credible parts of her work. You find the parts that have conclusions you agree with and post "I don't understand this, but look, it's math". That's what makes it credible? You agree with the answer? Huh?

It's called _cherrypicking_. If you can't explain why it's credible, all you are doing is cherry picking.

"After all, there Has to be some" is the most bizarre comment ever. Why does there _have_ to be some credible part of her work? She's batshit insane. None of it is credible. None of it makes any sense, at all.

Quote:

Ever wonder why I stick to theme's and not the specific claims of luminaries?

Because focusing on specific issues forces you to deal with inconvenient facts?
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

WRONG!

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is critics who bought up the issue of Wood into this section of the forum: all Chek and co have done is ensure fair hearings for the credible parts of her work. After all, there HAS to be some

And I'm proved right. I thankyou (bow)

Anti-sophist
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

WRONG!

Really? Can you show me what parts of Judy Wood's work is credible, and why it is so, then? That is, beyond "I agree with the answer".

Uh oh, you've made another claim you can't back up. Now I get to harp on it for three more pages asking about it.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She spelt her name right: and she's right that the towers didnt fall over 'cos a plane hit them

Anything else is irrelevant, and given her character, questionable

Just like you AS

Anti-sophist
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so her conclusion is credible because you agree with it, but none of her analysis is credible that got her there?
A Sharp Major
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

Location: In the van with the blacked out windows, parked outside your home.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
More importantly, however, is the topic of critics. We don't cure the "woo" of the believers. All we do is keep otherwise honest and rational people for falling for clever internet videos with spooky music, bad facts, and a terrible grasp of logic. It has, and always will be, incredibly effective. We trim the ranks of the possible conspiracy theorists to only the truly irrational. We keep normal and rational people from falling for gibberish.

Same for me, and I'm paid by 'Five' for it. Wink

We are back to Judy Wood. Judy Wood is still rated as 'professor' (read 'lecturer' ) at Clemson University by conspiracy theorists everywhere. She isn't. Andrew tells us she's been fired. The truth is something different. Along the lines of Judy didn't get her tenure renewed because she isn't very good at teaching, nothing to do with her 9/11 hobby.

Now, as a serious critic of JW I'd like to temper the criticism with sympathy. If I'd suffered the trauma that JW has (allegedly) suffered, I'd probably be telling the world about beam weapons too.

I'm serious. Judy Wood should not be encouraged to make a fool of herself. Conspiracy theorists are abusing a vulnerable woman and I should be ashamed of myself for putting the boot in without knowing her history. At least I'm catching up on conspiracy theorists, her friends, who have known all along.

Past my bed time.

http://www.screwloosechange.blogspot.com/
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first reads Woods billiard ball analysis of the twin towers collapse I thought it was quite good although I wasn't aware of her “Beam Weapon” theory at that time. Her billiard ball graphics are even used in the documentary “911 Mysteries” which has been around for at least a couple of months.

It's seems that the “Beam Weapon” idea was tagged onto her work at a later date which may have had something to do with one of her pupils being murdered!

Quote:
(Due to the seriousness of this issue, we felt it was important to present the analysis and data as soon as possible. (Following the murder of my student, Michael Zebuhr, an extraordinary human being, I received an email stating, "we've done it before and we will do it again if need be.") Therefore, expect this website to be added to and updated over the next few days. Michael told me, "Whatever happens, don't ever stop pursuing this. It's too important." Michael, this is for you)
http://janedoe0911.tripod.com/

We can't be sure but we suspect shes been gotten at although she may simple be a shill. Woods can't be seen to completely backtrack so her first work on the speed of collapse still stands but her latter work has been dismissed by the vast majority of 911 investigators.

To be honest I've completely given up on Wood's after discovering her and Reynolds tried to discredit Steven Jones. She even suggests that a new 911 enquiry would find no evidence for the use of thermite and that her “Beam Weapon” is the only way the towers could have been destroyed! Here's an excerpt of a radio interview:
http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=37437#37437

The full interview (right click and save):
Part 1: http://frankferg.onlinestoragesolution.com/judy-wood-pt-1.mp3
Part 2: http://frankferg.onlinestoragesolution.com/judy-wood-pt-2.mp3
Part 3: http://frankferg.onlinestoragesolution.com/judy-wood-pt-3.mp3

Maybe Wood's is acting like an idiot on purpose realizing that most of us will just nod and say OK Judy we see what's going on?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: