FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The naughty chair.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallious
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: The naughty chair. Reply with quote

These things happen pretty much every day:

- TTWSU3 will post a new topic in the news or articles section presenting a single piece of evidence loosely connected to one of his pet theories.

- TTWSU3 refuses to actually debate the points raised.

- TTWSU3 is accused of being a plant, and damaging the forums.

- The thread is ripped to pieces and falls from the active topics.

- TTWSU3 then goes about hijacking other peoples threads and generally destroying any other discussions.

Were TTWSU3 more attentive and reasonable he might notice this pattern is damaging to his reputation and the theories he espouses, however that's no concern to me. I am more worried about how this makes the forum and it's moderators appear, somewhat bias? Toothless? Crazy?

Anyhow, I sent out a PM to the moderators a few days back, listing the most recent infractions of TTWSU3 (this during his recipe posting phase). I received some interesting responses, basically thanking me for bringing it to their attention and unanimously agreeing he was a problem, but summarising that it wasn't really an issue they could individually resolve. However, I was encouraged to collect more evidence of his disruption. So here's a thread for just that. Wherever I see an infraction, I'm gonna go all nazi and paste it here, I encourage others to do the same.
Fallious
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a couple from the last hour to get started...

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=39494#39494 Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: South Tower: Evidence of explosive devices.

Quoted patricks entire post, conclusions section and all, and responded with "I don't get it - what's your point"

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=39484#39484 Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:10 pm

Abused swear filter - "In that case F UCK U YOU PIECE OF SH ITE"
prole art threat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The naughty chair. Reply with quote

Fallious wrote:
These things happen pretty much every day:

- TTWSU3 will post a new topic in the news or articles section presenting a single piece of evidence loosely connected to one of his pet theories.

- TTWSU3 refuses to actually debate the points raised.

- TTWSU3 is accused of being a plant, and damaging the forums.

- The thread is ripped to pieces and falls from the active topics.

- TTWSU3 then goes about hijacking other peoples threads and generally destroying any other discussions.

Were TTWSU3 more attentive and reasonable he might notice this pattern is damaging to his reputation and the theories he espouses, however that's no concern to me. I am more worried about how this makes the forum and it's moderators appear, somewhat bias? Toothless? Crazy?

Anyhow, I sent out a PM to the moderators a few days back, listing the most recent infractions of TTWSU3 (this during his recipe posting phase). I received some interesting responses, basically thanking me for bringing it to their attention and unanimously agreeing he was a problem, but summarising that it wasn't really an issue they could individually resolve. However, I was encouraged to collect more evidence of his disruption. So here's a thread for just that. Wherever I see an infraction, I'm gonna go all nazi and paste it here, I encourage others to do the same.

Oh do shut up. Let's all gang up on TTWSU3 because everybody else gangs up on him. Is that it?

I think he makes some valuable contributions to this board and I am constantly perplexed by these overreactions.

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. well I think its reasonably well known that I don't tend to share TWSU3's interpretation with regards to certain aspects of 9/11 theory, which is not unique, I dont share the interpretation of certain people down in critics corner either, but i'd like to comment that threads like this are more likely to polarise percieved "problems" than improve them

What we should focus on, IMO, as members, is fair play and genuine intentions. Taking the view that particular members are problems and the site would be "better" if they were different than they are will only create an opposite response, and before you know it our energies are completely diverted trying to "out" each other and "win" debates: when we should be letting the facts speak for themselves, and respecting other peoples right to make their own minds up: its the only way we can ensure we have respect for that same right for ourselves. In addition, my experiance is that attempts to "prove" a particular poster is this or that only muddy the waters and often generate the reverse reaction to what might be expected.... and I've been down and dirty in enough "forum Wars" to know!

What I can say is that, as I have recently become a Mod here, I will be looking to help moderate threads, not by pushing buttons, but by moderating debate, and I will be asking questions of other members when its unclear if a particular point is backed with sources or an expression of opinion, and highlighting pertinant debating points that are not appearing to be addressed.

From there, I believe it is a simple matter to let peoples behaviours speak for themselves, and if other people do not see what another member believes he or she sees, well its hardly their responsibility to make them see, and may well be an Illusion to think they can do so:

People have to stand on their own feet or their no realistic use to the Truth movement, is a position I generally take: Its abdication of self responsibility which has gotten the planet into this mess, and we change it by being the change we wish to see

THETRUTHWILLSETU3
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that why you have gone from Wurzel Gummidge to Gandolf
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know, it just might be Wink
Hazzard
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys no matter what our opinions are, we must not lose sight of the fact that we all mutualy agree that something isnt right. This unites us, and makes us special and we should all rejoice in that fact and never let that go.

We are free to disagree but we must remain respectful. I get a little hot under the collar and sometimes I can be a little rude and impertinant but I hope that nobody takes it personaly.

THETRUTHWILLSETU3
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys no matter what our opinions are, we must not lose sight of the fact that we all mutually agree that something isn’t right. This unites us, and makes us special and we should all rejoice in that fact and never let that go.

We are free to disagree but we must remain respectful. I get a little hot under the collar and sometimes I can be a little rude and impertinent but I hope that nobody takes it personally.
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than hold an inquistion as to who said what to whom, blah, blah, blah, I propose everyone moves on and focuses on something more positive and stop using playground insults. If we are having the same conversation in a week or a month's time, the need for the moderators to intervene can be revisited, otherwise let this be the end of it.

Thanks
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: