FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microphones in the street?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: microphones in the street? Reply with quote

Took a photo of this, is this a listening device? It's about ten inches high. Friends claim it could be for wi-fi Internet but I've never seen another one anywhere in Leeds.

Opinions most welcome.
iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are microphones al over the uk to pick up literal 'chatter'. this has been planned for a long time. soon we're going to have to literally zip our lips unless we are in very secure spots.

these things are incredibly powerful (you only have to think of those big audience booms that record crowd noise in gigs). Together with the potential for the inhome surveillance as all laptops now have built in microphones that can be remote triggered if your clever enough

added to that the newest laptops and monitors have webcams with active microphones built in! Apple is pioneering this with their whole range equipped as such 'video conferencing right out of the box'. I dont think for a minute that apple are doing this sinisterly - as it is what the market is asking for... but the potential for that system to be hijacked by the feds through your internet cable is so easy and available you'd have to wonder why they wouldnt if they didnt.

i have such an apple device and i put a little piece of plastercine over the cam when im not using it and i have the mic disabled with an alert when it is abled one way or the other - so im hoping that will suffice. no firewalls can protect you from this backdoor creeping - especially on a windows machine (a window into your home)

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore?family=iMac&cid=AOSA30 000023951
Emmanuel
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: audio surveillance - no way! Reply with quote

This is shocking! I thought this post was to be about a idea of interviewing people on the street to gather the opinions and get people talkig about real truth issues.
Alas no, another terrible addition to our big bruv stat...
we could throw water on them, a waste of a good mic i know....

Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Bad idea but... Reply with quote

Can you post where it is maybe via map? Or destroy it see what comes up in the press Idea

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Bicnarok
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the point of randomly hearing people taling on the street if you don´t know who it was. Ok they may incorperate the voice and some video camera somewhere. And with todays computers, and the secret ones the spooks probably have are more powefull to filter the data won´t be much of a problem.

A few years ago I remember reading about a 10 Ghz chip running stable, water cooled. Surely the advancements must have come up with powefuller chips, then why are there only 4 Ghz on the market?

Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up via PP. From what I photographed seems like they're doing it already, not just 'considering' it.

Quote:
The Sunday Times November 26, 2006

Word on the street ... they’re listening

POLICE and councils are considering monitoring conversations in the street using high-powered microphones attached to CCTV cameras, write Steven Swinford and Nicola Smith.

The microphones can detect conversations 100 yards away and record aggressive exchanges before they become violent.

The devices are used at 300 sites in Holland and police, councils and transport officials in London have shown an interest in installing them before the 2012 Olympics.

The interest in the equipment comes amid growing concern that Britain is becoming a “surveillance society”. It was recently highlighted that there are more than 4.2m CCTV cameras, with the average person being filmed more than 300 times a day. The addition of microphones would take surveillance into uncharted territory.

The Association of Chief Police Officers has warned that a full public debate over the microphones’ impact on privacy will be needed before they can be introduced.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0%2C%2C2087-2471987%2C00.html
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the image supplied is not that of a microphone.

Firstly, if it is incredibly sensitive, the way it is positioned would pick up the slightest wind noise and the instant it started to rain you would need an incredibly sophisticted system to filter out all the subcutaneous and unwanted audio remnants. Not to mention, it is not positioned well to avoid rain and weather damage. Simply turning it up the other way would reduce the need for the type of water-proofing its current position would demand.

My understanding is that such street microphones are far better concealed, not just to protect them from some herbert with a hammer on stick, but from the elements too.
conspiracy analyst

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Under guise of 'terrorism' Reply with quote

in the Olympics if we ever get that far, they will introduce every anti-terrorist measure they can think of.

Roadblocks to chek drivers id, fingerprinting at stations, id cards with antennaes, e-mail spying, internet tracking etc.

This will all be billed onto the Olympics.

Thats why the budget is spiralling out of control. The facilities will be nonsense, prone to collapse withing 2-3 years of building them everything else will be installed for a longer time.

Although they originally were created as an event for peace, they will eventually become the standard against freedom of movement, if the Athens Olympics is anything to go by...
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:

Firstly, if it is incredibly sensitive, the way it is positioned would pick up the slightest wind noise and the instant it started to rain you would need an incredibly sophisticted system to filter out all the subcutaneous and unwanted audio remnants. Not to mention, it is not positioned well to avoid rain and weather damage. Simply turning it up the other way would reduce the need for the type of water-proofing its current position would demand.

My understanding is that such street microphones are far better concealed, not just to protect them from some herbert with a hammer on stick, but from the elements too.

Certainly looked like a microphone when I stood under it, had two metal boxes and an even bigger antena on the other side of the lamp post. I pointed it out to passers by on several occassions, they were well shocked about it, even more so they hadn't noticed it themselves before despite it being so in your face.
So what you think it is?

Last edited by Ally on Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also doubt that pic is showing a microphone.

I would think a PZM type mic would be a good choice as their pretty rugged and omni-directional.

Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
I also doubt that pic is showing a microphone.

I would think a PZM type mic would be a good choice as their pretty rugged and omni-directional.

I filmed it as well, wish I knew how to upload to Youtube, there's absolutely no doubt it's a microphone regardless what it's purpose it. Bloody huge too, not your average concert singer size.

Has anyone seen these things anywhere else in the country?

Above some bank machines they have strange metal boxes with a mic-type grills on their front, on top of them are lots of little antenas coming out, they look like listening type devices.

Last edited by Ally on Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:

Thanks, TC, that saved me a bit of typing! It would be much more efficient at monitoring people on the ground if it was pointing towards the ground!

There seems to be three or four antenna on the top so my guess is that it possibly is a Wi-Fi Tx/Rx. I'll keep an eye out for anything like it.

As you say, though, they are putting microphones in the street, see here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6186348.stm

What really freaked me out a few years ago was the discovery of microphones inside Sky boxes. Needless to say, I no longer have such an item. I fantasised about rebellious hordes dancing around a burning pile of Sky boxes outside Dixons. It never happened.
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flamesong wrote:

There seems to be three or four antenna on the top so my guess is that it possibly is a Wi-Fi Tx/Rx. I'll keep an eye out for anything like it.

That was my 'common sense' approach but considering Wi-Fi is blanketing many cities now, have you seen one of these ANYWHERE else?
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flamesong wrote:

What really freaked me out a few years ago was the discovery of microphones inside Sky boxes. Needless to say, I no longer have such an item. I fantasised about rebellious hordes dancing around a burning pile of Sky boxes outside Dixons. It never happened.

source?

Last edited by Ally on Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radio aerials come in some very odd shapes, they are designed for optimal propagation - not style. Some of the ground UHF aerials used in the navy looked to me quite gothic and would not look out of place atop a church.

If it is a microphone, like I said, it will be making some nice recordings of birds and aircraft for either the RNIB or Aircraft Illustrated.
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are right to ask for a source. I'm afraid I can't provide one but I remember seeing photographs of dismantled boxes online and taking mine apart and seeing the same circuitry.
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I even pointed the 'mic' out to a cop who was strolling by when I was looking at it one time.
I said, "you're not happy filming our every move, now you want to listen to our every word. What's happened to our civil liberties?"

He replied all deadpan, "What civil liberties?"

I kid ye not!
wepmob2000

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The four antenna are probably a device to stop birds perching on whatever that thing actually is.
Hazzard
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microphones have infact been used in the US for sometime now. They were installed as a measure to find the direction of gunfire. Ehem.....if you believe that you are a fool.

But I would not doubt that they are being put up all over our streets now aswell.

mobypaterson
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where in leeds is that ?? i want to go and check it out Shocked
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mobypaterson wrote:
where in leeds is that ?? i want to go and check it out Shocked

it's bang in the middle of Headlingly, you know the main cross roads where KFC is by the Arndale Centre. It's right over the road from KFC, which means it's outside the NATWEST next to the big poster drum. Cannot miss it.

Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:

there's absolutely no doubt it's a microphone regardless what it's purpose it. Bloody huge too, not your average concert singer size.

So, having asked what it is and having been given good reason to suppose it isn't a microphone, you just blurt out that it is a microphone ??!?

100% typical CT paranoia. Start with a guess/belief based on pure ignorance, get all steamed up and then proceed to ignore all advice and evidence to the contrary. Brilliant.

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I simply don't get the logic of street microphones. Once it is public knowledge that they exist - who is going to start discussing a bomb plot or hijacking outside a KFC? Al-qaida get a leading expert in nuclear fusion on-board, who then opens his briefcase outside Argos in Stockport and openly goes over the plans??

Barmy.
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody noticed the halo around the mic? We need more photos and eyewitness statements before we can be sure it even real!
Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny because it looks like a giant microphone, so it must be a giant microphone.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. - Umberto Eco
conspiracy analyst

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Debate on here first... Reply with quote

Now discussed in todays Observer!!

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1962937,00.html
Ally
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignatz wrote:
Ally wrote:

there's absolutely no doubt it's a microphone regardless what it's purpose it. Bloody huge too, not your average concert singer size.

So, having asked what it is and having been given good reason to suppose it isn't a microphone, you just blurt out that it is a microphone ??!?

100% typical CT paranoia. Start with a guess/belief based on pure ignorance, get all steamed up and then proceed to ignore all advice and evidence to the contrary. Brilliant.

so what word would best describe it for you fuktard? A broom shank?

Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ally wrote:
Ignatz wrote:
Ally wrote:

so what word would best describe it for you fuktard? A broom shank?

Why ??

Fallious
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just knew Ally would fit right in here.
kc
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you rang the council and asked them? Looks like the sort of thing that needs planning permission. You might get a slightly more informed response than just hanging around a street corner pointing at the skies and shouting "They're listening! They're LISTENING!!!"

(although I'd pay good money to see it)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: