FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reflections on Willie Rodriguez’ Talk in London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reflections on Willie Rodriguez’ Talk in London Reply with quote

Reflections on Willie Rodriguez’ Talk in London

First of all, the speech it’s self was fantastic, I got a chance to exchange a few words with Mr Rodriguez before the speech; he thanked me for coming, I told him no, thank you. The man is away from his family, from his country having exchanged the chance to be a pompous 9/11 celebrity, sell his book rights, lap up his medals and even go into politics, no doubt get a movie deal, because he believes in the truth and the sacrifices needed to make sure it is heard.

And those doors were open to him only so long as his mouth was shut.

It was concise and factual at the same time as being heart breakingly honest and emotionally open. I am sure everyone who saw it left with the utmost respect for Mr Rodriguez and his bravery, both on the day of 9/11 and ever since.

I feel a little guilty that I could not contribute any money or buy the DVD which I desperately wanted; I am doing an unpaid internship and the moment and am struggling financially. When I am able to I will contribute, I have already offered Toseef what help I can bring and am genuine in that offer.

I do feel the event was brought down a notch by an outburst in the Q&A. A gentleman stood up and asked if any of the journalists they had contacted, when no one put their hand up he launched into an expletive laden rant which brought down the whole tone of the event.

Has this person considered that if a journalist was in the room, but had simply elected not to make his presence known, he had just given him exactly the story he had come looking for wrapped up in a bow; the stereotype of a “conspiracy theorist”- angry, irrational and crude?

I would also ask how exactly you contacted these journalists.

“Hi we're from the 9/11 truth movement and Willie Rodriguez is going to give a speech which will prove the government is lying about 9/11?”

What did you expect?

Why not try being a little cuter? Bill the event as “An emotional and honest account from the last man to be pulled from the rubble on 9/11, see the most important event of the century through the eyes of someone who was actually there.” And then a little about Mr Rodriguez’ medals, work as an expert for CNN and so on.

Forget the fact that you are the 9/11 Truth Movement, make up a name of a promotions company if you need to, keep all mention of it out of the introduction (incidentally Toseef, you did a great job, no criticism there) and off the notice board in the lobby.

Sure most journalists will search Willie Rodriguez and get an idea of what it’s about, but why not take a chance on the laziness of a few, get them in there and let them hear the truth from the man himself; this is the best hope you have of getting the media through the doors. And maybe one of them trying to get a story past their editor.

This is the best you can hope for from an event like this- for now, and I hope the wind changes soon.

We all know the machine we are up against here, so let’s just drop our illusions.

We need to get creative and think about how we can capture people’s imaginations, we also need to think about how, at ALL TIMES, we appear to be the rationalists here, not the angry men, not the conspiracy theorists, but the lucid intelligent people we are.

Rant Over.
*Edited*
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That bloke was a real let down. Up until then it was a great evening.

Edit: William made a fine effort to get him to sit down!
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's Willy talking in the US:

Link

Many people he knew died in those towers so do we think he's a liar?

SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy was rightly angry about the media conspiracy to ignore William Rodriguez's visit, he spoke to me at a London meeting once and was very friendly correcting my ignorance about how near Greenwich village is to the WTC site with a hand made map!

I got a signed copy of Willy's DVD, he was very friendly and generous spirited, a real inspiration (but my attempt at"hasta la vista" seemed to fall flat).

I invited the critics but none showed as far as I could tell, there was a surly looking chap sat next to me who loudly didn't join in with the standing ovation at the end of WR's speech.
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHERITON HOTEL,
Please don't get me wrong, he was talking to someone near me at the start of the event and seemed like a perfectly aimiable, nice guy- I am not doubting his charecter in general, or saying he shouldn't be angry about the media ignoring the event (although, as I said, this is surley to be expected).
What I am saying is that restraint is needed. I can tell you from where I was in the audience several people recoiled with raised eyebrows when he started yelling and that doesn't do any favours to the movement.
Sorry if it sounded like a personal attack; I'm sure he's a great bloke, I just think it was a misjudged out burst.
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually could some one help me out with some of the pointers from the lecture (I should have taken better notes) he said near the end that he was reuinted with someone from the basement scenes by CNN and that in interview their testimony matched perfectly- who was this- was it the badly injured bloke or one of the others?
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched this video and when I found out about monday I had to go. He is certainly a massive inspiration to the rest of us, especially me. Hearing it from him in person makes a huge difference.
THETRUTHWILLSETU3
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scubadiver wrote:
I watched this video and when I found out about monday I had to go. He is certainly a massive inspiration to the rest of us, especially me. Hearing it from him in person makes a huge difference.

Does that mean you now intend to do some real campaigning?

When I asked you what campaigning you were doing a few months ago you said you were reading Synthetic Terror on the train and not being very discreet about it.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really makes me angry the number of smooth talking bast*rds who
oh-so-scientifically suggest that the sound travelled through the steel faster than through the air from above, when this man testifies he was thrown upwards by a separate synchronised explosion in the basement under him, before the airplane strike.

And all the wanna be rationalist sheep-critic fellow-travellers swallow it and repeat it, and repeat it and repeat it amongst themselves until they make themselves believe it - with no proof whatsoever the 'theory' is even possible.

It would do some of them some good to disconnect from their dumb 'explanations' and reconnect with reality by going to see and hear it from the man who was there.

But of course they wouldn't dare.
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I wish you hadn't brought that speed of sound point up chek. I just had a look around the web and several sites all say that sound does indeed travel much faster in steel than air!

The thing is Willy does talk about many other explosions so I don't think it's matters if he's got the physics wrong for the basement explosions. He also mentions some strange goings on at the 34 floor of whichever tower it was. He also talks about some of the floors collapsing after hearing sequential booms but why didn't we see windows being blown out at these lower floors pre-collapse? I'm not suggesting Willy's lying but maybe he was hearing core columns being cut.

The basement may have been blown but more likely as the collapse was happening. Also we see in some photos of the debris that quite a large chunk of core was intact suggesting the core wasn't cut at the base. The basement floors may well have been taken out in an attempt to minimize the debris field.

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
Hmm I wish you hadn't brought that speed of sound point up chek. I just had a look around the web and several sites all say that sound does indeed travel much faster in steel than air!

The thing is Willy does talk about many other explosions so I don't think it's matters if he's got the physics wrong for the basement explosions. He also mentions some strange goings on at the 34 floor of whichever tower it was. He also talks about some of the floors collapsing after hearing sequential booms but why didn't we see windows being blown out at these lower floors pre-collapse? I'm not suggesting Willy's lying but maybe he was hearing core columns being cut.

The basement may have been blown but more likely as the collapse was happening. Also we see in some photos of the debris that quite a large chunk of core was intact suggesting the core wasn't cut at the base. The basement floors may well have been taken out in an attempt to minimize the debris field.

You misunderstand Patrick - the sound vibrations would travel faster through the steel frame - but they would most definitely not cause an explosive event that tore a man's skin off him and blew a 50ton press apart.

I would theorise that some preliminary explosions would have weakened some core columns, but the final sequence would have been what dragged the upper outer columns inwards immediately prior to collapse. The core structure wouldn't have to be blown to smithereens, just 'walked' off its fixed bedrock location at the base and also cut around about the skylobby levels. But then... there is that powderising 'spire' to consider too.

Really what's needed is a proper building schematic, a military demolition expert and a structural engineer to put conventional demo out of their minds and sit down and sequence the events from as much HQ video as can be laid hands on.

Spelling edited

Last edited by chek on Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
tfayaz
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koheleth wrote:
Actually could some one help me out with some of the pointers from the lecture (I should have taken better notes) he said near the end that he was reuinted with someone from the basement scenes by CNN and that in interview their testimony matched perfectly- who was this- was it the badly injured bloke or one of the others?

The person who was the first explosing in B2 was a man by the name of Felipe David.

On a side note, I do think we should stop speculating on what William thought he heard and saw or not. Look at his talk yesterday, you can tell he's no idiot and he knows exactly what happened on that day five years ago like it was last yesterday!

Toseef
Hazzard
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The argument is always the same;

"Yes it was jet fuel that shot down the elevator shafts and burst out into the bottom floor" now to answer this let them finish and then reply simple with this; "I do not think so, as there were many elevator shafts in the WTC towers that were set apart from eachother at varying floors throughout the building. If your hypothesis is correct, the jet fuel would have to disembark on each elevator changing floor, and reenter to go down once more until it reached the lobby. Considering burning jet fuel is not a sentient force as far as I know, this would be an impossibility and jet fuel would instead burst through onto the first elevator change floor it could access"

Thank you and goodnight!

And if they try and say that it was the express lift, you can reply with "The impact piont of the first plane was far above the floor where the express lift ends.

Thermate
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing people never seem to connect with the basement blasts prior to the plane strike is... the gold bullion. Just a wild guess but I'd imagine it had a fairly strong door that needed persuading.
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: One last chance for the media Reply with quote

One last chance for the media

Please do your utmost to get the media to meet Willy in London on Friday afternoon.

Thanks

Noel

Press Release - 29 November 2006

What:
Debunker of crazy theories, last person out of the World Trade Center, William Rodriguez, will recount details of his astonishing escape from Ground Zero.

Time:
5.00pm, Friday 1st December 2006

School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG. For details phone Imaad on 07766 113192

Who:
William Rodriguez has a background in debunking crazy theories as an assistant and conjuror to James Randi, the famous US debunker of pseudo-science. Later, as janitor of the North Tower of the World Trade Center, he rescued many victims of that terrible attack, before himself being pulled from the rubble. He was five times decorated by the White House for his heroism.

Since then he has been a spokesperson for the victims’ families, Chair of the Hispanic Victims Group and has been travelling the world relating his experiences of that fateful day, evidence which discredits crazy conspiracy theories about the 9/11 attacks.

This will be his third talk in London on his current visit to the UK. His first was at the Islam Channel’s massive Global Peace and Unity Event last Sunday and his second at the Indian YMCA on Monday evening. He is currently speaking around Britain, taking in Devon, Bristol and Yorkshire.

So far the mainstream media have ignored his visit. Friday is their last chance to meet him before he returns to the US.

Issued by the William Rodriguez visit organising group. 0207 652 0319

Many say it's a great idea to bombard the media's newsdesks with requests they cover his visit, but few actually act.

Please do. Every bit of pressure helps

Noel
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Reflections on Willie Rodriguez’ Talk in London Reply with quote

Koheleth wrote:

I would also ask how exactly you contacted these journalists.

“Hi we're from the 9/11 truth movement and Willie Rodriguez is going to give a speech which will prove the government is lying about 9/11?”

What did you expect?

Why not try being a little cuter? Bill the event as “An emotional and honest account from the last man to be pulled from the rubble on 9/11, see the most important event of the century through the eyes of someone who was actually there.” And then a little about Mr Rodriguez’ medals, work as an expert for CNN and so on.

Forget the fact that you are the 9/11 Truth Movement, make up a name of a promotions company if you need to, keep all mention of it out of the introduction (incidentally Toseef, you did a great job, no criticism there) and off the notice board in the lobby.

Sure most journalists will search Willie Rodriguez and get an idea of what it’s about, but why not take a chance on the laziness of a few, get them in there and let them hear the truth from the man himself; this is the best hope you have of getting the media through the doors. And maybe one of them trying to get a story past their editor.

Koheleth,

I originally drafted a press release about Willy Rodriguez' visit which did not mentions the 911 truth movement, but I was overruled by colleagues who changed it to show that the event was being promoted by us. As a result, I was not surprised that no journalists turned up to that meeting.

But you will see he is doing one more talk in London at SOAS @ 4pm Friday Nov 1st. I have drafted a new press release for that meeting, see my last post above. Please use that press release and get it round to as many London media contacts as you can. Perhaps it'll be more successful.

Thanks for your support.

Noel
TimmyG
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like this guy.
+ i don't see any reason to doubt what he's saying

not a laughing matter, but i couldn't help but chuckle to myself when he mentioned being stuck in an elevator for 4 hours during the 93 (false flag imo) bombing.. almost like 'not again! why are they bombing me again?!'. he's going to get a job in the new freedom tower where he survives yet another false flag attack

Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well a tiny piece of good news here with greater implications. I have been debating 9/11 with a right wing american who used to go to a forum I use for some time now via email, despite being a right winger he's quite a patient and polite charecter; a nice guy and doesn't resort to insults like most right wingers do.

Despite the fact that I have torn down pretty much everything I've thrown out there and he's accepted that I have, I still can't get him to drop the main premise that, however strange some of the anamolies are, ther MUST be a reasonable explanation which isn't controlled demolition.
Well I emailed him Willie Rodrigeuz's talk in America which someone posted here and it's got through to him!

I think the "american hero" side of Willies story can rival the patriotism of believeing whatever your government tells you is true in some of these charecters.

So he had admitted there were propably explosions now. But, and get this, he is currently trying to convince me Al-Qaeda planted them there!

LOL!

I'm sure it wont take too long before that last veil of deinal drops from his eyes.

OK so it's one person, but it shows a powerful human story like Mr Rodriguez' can break through to people better than all the science and rationality. To see the guy talk, anyone with a heart knows he is telling the truth.

Once again- respect and love to Willie Rodriguez
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koheleth wrote:
Well a tiny piece of good news here with greater implications. I have been debating 9/11 with a right wing american who used to go to a forum I use for some time now via email, despite being a right winger he's quite a patient and polite charecter; a nice guy and doesn't resort to insults like most right wingers do.

Despite the fact that I have torn down pretty much everything I've thrown out there and he's accepted that I have, I still can't get him to drop the main premise that, however strange some of the anamolies are, ther MUST be a reasonable explanation which isn't controlled demolition.
Well I emailed him Willie Rodrigeuz's talk in America which someone posted here and it's got through to him!

I think the "american hero" side of Willies story can rival the patriotism of believeing whatever your government tells you is true in some of these charecters.

So he had admitted there were propably explosions now. But, and get this, he is currently trying to convince me Al-Qaeda planted them there!

LOL!

I'm sure it wont take too long before that last veil of deinal drops from his eyes.

OK so it's one person, but it shows a powerful human story like Mr Rodriguez' can break through to people better than all the science and rationality. To see the guy talk, anyone with a heart knows he is telling the truth.

Once again- respect and love to Willie Rodriguez

Great story K!
It helps make it seem worthwhile to keep plugging away one step at a time. And my respects to Mr Rodriguez for being able to have that effect.
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chek wrote:
Patrick Brown wrote:

You misunderstand Patrick - the sound vibrations would travel faster through the steel frame - but they would most definitely not cause an explosive event that tore a man's skin off him and blew a 50ton press apart.

I would theorise that some preliminary explosions would have weakened some core columns, but the final sequence would have been what dragged the upper outer columns inwards immediately prior to collapse. The core structure wouldn't have to be blown to smithereens, just 'walked' off its fixed bedrock location at the base and also cut around about the skylobby levels. But then... there is that powderising 'spire' to consider too.

Really what's needed is a proper building schematic, a military demolition expert and a structural engineer to put conventional demo out of their minds and sit down and sequence the events from as much HQ video as can be laid hands on.

Spelling edited

OK chek I can see what you're saying now and the shills pointing out the speed of sound travaling through steel actually is not really significant.

Speed of sound in air: 340 ms
Speed of sound in steel: 4512 ms
Height of south tower approx: 1,368 ft (417 m)

So even though the speed of sound in steel is much greater than that of air it would still only give a delay just over a second i.e. Height of tower 417 metres speed of sound traveling through air 340 metres per second.

So imagine Willy hearing a massive explosion beneath his feet and walls cracking and the false ceiling collapsing (hey that's way past a second already) then he thinks “Oh my gawd a generator has blown up in the sub-basement” (that's at least a couple more seconds) and then he hears an explosion higher up in the building!

Here's a couple of short excerpts from one of his talks:

Link

Watch this next clip and ask these questions: Why would have tower 1 (north tower) have moved so much when the plane hit tower 2 (south tower)? And what are these explosion which Willy says caused floors 65 to 44 to collapse? We didn't see any windows breaking! So were these explosions cutting core columns?

Link

Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hazzard wrote:
The argument is always the same;

"Yes it was jet fuel that shot down the elevator shafts and burst out into the bottom floor" now to answer this let them finish and then reply simple with this; "I do not think so, as there were many elevator shafts in the WTC towers that were set apart from eachother at varying floors throughout the building. If your hypothesis is correct, the jet fuel would have to disembark on each elevator changing floor, and reenter to go down once more until it reached the lobby. Considering burning jet fuel is not a sentient force as far as I know, this would be an impossibility and jet fuel would instead burst through onto the first elevator change floor it could access"

Thank you and goodnight!

And if they try and say that it was the express lift, you can reply with "The impact piont of the first plane was far above the floor where the express lift ends.

There were express elevators that went right to the top, look on the left hand side of the diagram. Amongst other uses they serviced the Windows on the World restaurant on the 107th floor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: