FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

christmasd goodnessless (should that be godlessness?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you celebrate Christmas?
Yes, gimme a nativity play and a maxed out Visa card any day!
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
No, I'm off to Thailand for 3 weeks!
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

mobypaterson
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: christmasd goodnessless (should that be godlessness?) Reply with quote

I already posted this over at West Yorkshire truth forum and have decided to get your opinions. Bear in mind that I am not particularly religious but then again I reckon the majority of people celebrating Christmas aren't religious either. . .

I don't know whether it's happening more or whether I am just paying more attention to what is said on tv and the media but Christmas adverts are getting right on my tits. It's the way they've become so rediculously blatant in saying that (and I'm paraphrasing a little here) "To have a great Christmas buy more things from us". There's no longer even a pretence that Christmas should be a family/social issue or celebration it's all about what we can buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy. . .

Any of you guys celebrate Christmas? I met a guy last who offered me an awesome 40 minute conversation about how he doesn't celebrate it and has taught his kids not to appreciate 'the season of goodwill'.

I reckon this year may be my last ever Christmas but I am confused by how much I need to cut out for it to become not Christmas if you know what I mean... For example if I cut out the tree, * decorations, cards and gifts but still meet with my family (who I dont often see as I'm Scottish and they live up there) is that still recognising Christmas? Does it matter?

Anyway it was a great conversation last night and left me loads to think about, so let me know what you guys think.

MP
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posed essentially the same question in a previous thread that nobody had the gumption to tackle. Here we are waxing and moaning on about 'brainwashing' and 'waking up', yet how many non-Christians here celebrate Christmas?

Here is how I worded it in the previous thread;

'It is increasingly apparent that many here are as brainwashed, or rather ‘programmed’, to a point where all rationale has departed. They hear and see only what they want to and despite reasoned debate, are totally intractable.

I can illustrate my point and this will be applicable to many here;

I have a very well-equipped home gym and have trained following progressive weight-training principles since I was 14. My brother-in-law has trained with me on and off for a number of years and during our workouts, many subjects have been broached. About this time last year, I remember we discussed religion and how he despises Christianity and has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Then, just before last Christmas we visited his home. I was extremely surprised to see the house festooned with Christmas lights, but the biggest surprise was within.

The hallway was decorated with all the cards they had received and the fireplace had a largish nativity scene around it. Donkeys, crib and baby Jesus all in-situ, but I said nothing. A few days later we received a card from him with camels, wisemen and a glowing star on the front.

Shortly after that, we trained together and I asked how it was possible that having stated he had no time for Christmas, did he justify his overall emotional and financial investment in the Christmas vibe? He said that as far as he was concerned, Christmas is not a religious festival, but I pointed out the nativity scene, the presence of the plastic Jesus, the card he had signed and sent us. He said he was only doing it for the ‘kids’ (his). I asked in a gentle way, did he not consider that he was in fact brainwashing his children, perpetuating something that he did not believe in simply because it was expected of him? Why did he do it? He got upset and left, unable to answer.

I will add here, that I am in no way religious and have no beliefs about creation. I am not a Christian so do not celebrate Christmas. We have no presents, no decorations and any cards we do receive are acknowledged, but not displayed. Christmas is just another day, with the exception it is my youngest daughter’s birthday. I am not American so I don’t celebrate Independence Day either, why would I?

The point here being;

How many people here who profess to have ‘woken up’ who are not Christians and do not believe in a God, actively immerse themselves in Christmas? Of course, many believe it is not a Christian celebration, which is fine. Many others argue it is fun, but the instant ‘Christmas presents’ are given, or cards with nativity type scenes are sent – they ARE celebrating the supposed birth of Jesus (I accept again many will argue the actual supposed date).

So, in summary;

Those who assert to be aware of the indoctrination around them need to look at their own lives and be honest in their assessment of it. Christmas is something we simply 'do' without question because it is expected of us. How many people here who are not in any way religious, actively 'do' Christmas because they are programmed to?'
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could add a third option to the effect of 'I grudgingly participate to fulfil the bare minimum of family obligation', otherwise, I can't vote.
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flamesong wrote:
Perhaps you could add a third option to the effect of 'I grudgingly participate to fulfil the bare minimum of family obligation', otherwise, I can't vote.

Your family are all paid-up Christians or simply brainwashed herberts?
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I should define who I mean by my family:

My sister, her husband, her kids and my Mum.

They are, as you say, 'simply brainwashed herberts'. I usually give them a couple of hours on Christmas Day. A couple of years ago I found the perfect antedote, I volunteered at the local shelter for homeless young people which was the beginning of 15 months spent working with them.

I have two daughters who I have not seen or heard from since their German mother ran off back to Germany with her previous boyfriend just over ten years ago. But my aversion to Christmas began many years before that.

To be honest, if it was purely a Christian festival I would be more inclined to take part - I do have beliefs which are not incompatible with Christianity, i.e. the teachings of Jesus. There should be a clear distinction between this and what the word Christian has come to embody.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
I posed essentially the same question in a previous thread that nobody had the gumption to tackle. Here we are waxing and moaning on about 'brainwashing' and 'waking up', yet how many non-Christians here celebrate Christmas?

Here is how I worded it in the previous thread;

'It is increasingly apparent that many here are as brainwashed, or rather ‘programmed’, to a point where all rationale has departed. They hear and see only what they want to and despite reasoned debate, are totally intractable.

I can illustrate my point and this will be applicable to many here;

I have a very well-equipped home gym and have trained following progressive weight-training principles since I was 14. My brother-in-law has trained with me on and off for a number of years and during our workouts, many subjects have been broached. About this time last year, I remember we discussed religion and how he despises Christianity and has nothing whatsoever to do with it. Then, just before last Christmas we visited his home. I was extremely surprised to see the house festooned with Christmas lights, but the biggest surprise was within.

The hallway was decorated with all the cards they had received and the fireplace had a largish nativity scene around it. Donkeys, crib and baby Jesus all in-situ, but I said nothing. A few days later we received a card from him with camels, wisemen and a glowing star on the front.

Shortly after that, we trained together and I asked how it was possible that having stated he had no time for Christmas, did he justify his overall emotional and financial investment in the Christmas vibe? He said that as far as he was concerned, Christmas is not a religious festival, but I pointed out the nativity scene, the presence of the plastic Jesus, the card he had signed and sent us. He said he was only doing it for the ‘kids’ (his). I asked in a gentle way, did he not consider that he was in fact brainwashing his children, perpetuating something that he did not believe in simply because it was expected of him? Why did he do it? He got upset and left, unable to answer.

I will add here, that I am in no way religious and have no beliefs about creation. I am not a Christian so do not celebrate Christmas. We have no presents, no decorations and any cards we do receive are acknowledged, but not displayed. Christmas is just another day, with the exception it is my youngest daughter’s birthday. I am not American so I don’t celebrate Independence Day either, why would I?

The point here being;

How many people here who profess to have ‘woken up’ who are not Christians and do not believe in a God, actively immerse themselves in Christmas? Of course, many believe it is not a Christian celebration, which is fine. Many others argue it is fun, but the instant ‘Christmas presents’ are given, or cards with nativity type scenes are sent – they ARE celebrating the supposed birth of Jesus (I accept again many will argue the actual supposed date).

So, in summary;

Those who assert to be aware of the indoctrination around them need to look at their own lives and be honest in their assessment of it. Christmas is something we simply 'do' without question because it is expected of us. How many people here who are not in any way religious, actively 'do' Christmas because they are programmed to?'
hmmm this post has just ferther open my eyes, i never even thought about it. i always shoo away people knocking the door to give a godly message, because i dont believe everthing the bible says and believe more in good and evil to be in a person rather than faith, for example faith dosnt make you good or evil its the person within that matters regardless of faith. however i am guilty of doing the same thing where christmas is concerned, promoting what i dont believe in. thanks for pointing this out. maybe the point you just made may ferther open my eyes to other hypicritical things i do.
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky 54 lovingly replied;

Quote:
thanks for pointing this out. maybe the point you just made may ferther open my eyes to other hypicritical things i do.

Heavens to Betsy! I know historically we have had our little disagreements and I never thought you would agree with anything I posted, but I was wrong.

I see you in a whole new light now.

Ah, snuggles.

friends.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.31 KB
 Viewed:  71 Time(s)

friends.jpg

prole art threat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This poll is corny, it suggests if you are not celebrating Christmas, you'll be going to Thailand.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moreover, who said "Christmas" is "Christian"?

Roman Propoganda 350 years after the "fact": pick a "Sun of God", anyone will do

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
Moreover, who said "Christmas" is "Christian"?

Roman Propoganda 350 years after the "fact": pick a "Sun of God", anyone will do

Who said? Well, the majority of the western world say it actually - it matters not how we got here or what you cite from history, 'our' definition of Christmas;

Quote:
Christmas - or Christmas Day is an annual Christian and secular[1] holiday that celebrates the birth of Jesus, along with themes such as family, goodwill, giving and compassion. It incorporates Christian religious ceremonies with the traditions of ancient winter festivals such as Yule[2] and Saturnalia. Christmas traditions include Nativity scenes, the exchange of gifts, the arrival of Santa Claus, Christmas cards and decorations and the display of Christmas trees.

It is what I was taught at school via religious education classes - denying our current entrenchment in the belief is plain daft. The Christian church directly opposite the end of my close in the village has all kinds of posters detailing the Christmas services. Simply Google 'Christmas carol lyrics' and read them - they are all mostly about the birth of Jesus.

It is what is accepted no matter how you attempt to insinuate otherwise. But that is not the point - why do people with ZERO religious beliefs invest any time in a religious festival?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: