FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Katrina: When the Levees Broke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Katrina: When the Levees Broke Reply with quote

From Morgan Stack - Scholars for 9/11 Truth - Eire.

“Everyone should watch 'When the Levees Broke,' for the way in which it announces the real state of the world in relation to calamity - the film is an elegy for the lost culture of New Orleans, and it is a damning portrait of Bush's America. In the end, however, it is most impressive as a warning from the edge of our new century: we had better care.”

-----

A Katrina Agenda Part 5: When the Levees Broke BBC4 9pm

Part One: BBC4 Monday 18 December 9pm-11.10pm
Part Two: BBC4 Tuesday 19 December 9pm-11.10pm

EXCERPT Part 1 22min to 32min:

Live footage – Afternoon of August 29th 2005 New Orleans:

“I don’t know if the water is coming over the levee or what…

“The storm missed us.”

“I can’t hear you.”

“The storm missed us. The storm went east.”

“You haven’t heard about the water comin over the levee from the lake.”

“No.”

“Cause the water still rising so much in my two story apartment that I had to get out.”

Cut to successive interviews:

“Round 9 o’clock we heard a big boom noise ‘BOOOOM,’ and it was loud, loud, loud.”

Harry “Swamp Thing” Cook, Hot 8 Brand Bass Member.

“Yes, I heard the explosion, we heard it first echo from over here (pointing)… and then I thought ‘my God, this is the end of the world.”

Jocelyn Moses
Anthony Dunne

“We heard some explosions, two, three; I thought maybe it was an electrical transformer or something popping in the distance.”

Unidentified A.

“First I heard a big boom, I thought it was a big transformer, cause Freddy said ‘it was a transformer, but I said we been sitting on the door now for two or three hour, but he said… it went again Boom Boom.”

Michael Knight, resident of the Lower Ninth Ward.

“I think the levees had a crack and they did help it the rest of the way. They had a bomb, they bombed that sucker.”

Sylvester Francis, curator Backstreet Cultural Museum, resident of Ninth Ward.

“I didn’t only hear the explosion, I felt the explosion. And there should be somebody else that heard and felt the explosion besides me."

Audrey Mason, resident of Gentilly.

“I don’t believe that the levees were blown. I believe that my people heard explosions. When water gushed through a gaping hole, you have a crack, a crack that goes to a gaping hole, you’re gonna hear some type of sound. The levees gave.”

Unidentified B.

“I don’t think it was blown up, I’ll be honest with you. I think there’s a possibility that they could have heard the snapping of the ropes that hold the barges. I happen to think that maybe it was the barge that hit the wall and knocked it down.”

Unidentified.

“I’m 45 years old. I’m a New Orleans native, I’ve been in New Orleans all my life. I was there when hurricane Betsy hit…..

Joseph Melancon, resident of the Third Ward.

“In 1965 when hurricane Betsy hit, there was an intentional dynamite of the levees, and that caused the lower Ninth ward to flood. People were on their roofs. Several people lost their lives. They ahh dynamited the levees and flooded the lower Ninth ward in order to save some of the more expensive property in the lake front area.”

Unidentified A.

“They not gonna never let anything happen to the French quarter. If the French quarter go then everything goes. They blew the levee so the water release on that side of the city.”

Unidentified C.

“During hurricane Betsy there were rumours and it became almost an article of faith with people in the community that the Ninth ward flooded because there was an intentional breech of the levee. It was never investigated. It was neither proven or disproven. In this case, for the government and others to sort of dismiss it without looking into all of it is not doing the people or the public a service.

Unidentified D.

“These people that live along where it flooded who believe it was dynamited have a long experience of being ripped off. The 1927 flood when black communities were dynamited. What happened during Betsy was on their mind. Its not a far jump to believe the urban myth that it got dynamited.”

Doug Brinkley, author ‘The Great Deluge,’
Clark Professor of History at Tulane University.

“I think there are too many similarities between the 1927 flood and Katrina. For one thing, the levee policy of the federal government, the flood policy was directly responsible.. I mean it was deeply flawed in 1927 and had been widely criticized. The city of New Orleans had exercised its political muscle and dynamited the levee outside the city and flooded out its neighbours. This wasn’t about race it was about money. The people who were flooded out of their homes were in St. Bernard parish, they were almost all of them were white so as I say it had nothing about race. It was an enormous event. It flooded the homes of over a million people which back then was almost 1% of the entire population of the United States. In Louisiana alone there were over 200,000 people who were fed by the Red Cross for months after the flood. More than half of them were living in tent cities. Until Katrina, it was the greatest natural disaster that the country had ever seen.”

John Barry, author ‘Rising Tide: The Great Missipippi Flood and how it Changed America.’ Resident of Uptown.

“Hurricane Pam came up with some very significant findings and unfortunately these seem to have been ignored by many many agencies.”

Dr. Ivan Van Heerden, Director of Hurricane Public Research, LSU Hurricane Centre.

“In 1965 they started those levees… they haven’t finished them today! That’s 40 something years later. They haven’t put the last lift on these levees.

Unidentified E.

“My understanding is that people think we got hit by a hurricane. We got missed by a hurricane. The hurricane went east. The water backed up the lake. My understanding is the lake backed up a category one, into our levees, and they failed! Not category three, category three came up the Industrial canel and the MRGO breached the levees, topped the levees, but the two main ones that broke, broke as a category one, category two tops. So, we’ve been lied to all these years by the federal government....”

Garland Robinette, Host WWL Radio, resident of Uptown

“...and it cost the people, not just the people of New Orleans and the lower Ninth ward but the whole southeast Louisiana. It cost the people the homes and their lives. I hope the politicians or whoever did this, the core of engineers, whoever’s responsible I hope that they can sleep at night. I hope they can sleep at night knowing that they are the ones that are responsible... and that’s not this talking (pointing to beer), that’s the blasted truth.”

Cherly Livaudais, residents of St. Bernard Parish.

-----

A Katrina Agenda 13th June 2006 (Firefox Required to View)

A Katrina Agenda 1 Angels Don't Play This HAARP.

http://www.911truth.ie/emails/141160/146.html

A Katrina Agenda 2 Crimestop Failure.

http://www.911truth.ie/emails/141160/147.html

A Katrina Agenda 3 Doublethink be thy Name.

http://www.911truth.ie/emails/141160/148.html

A Katrina Agenda 4 Sanity is not Statistical.

http://www.911truth.ie/emails/141160/149.html

-----

Captain Eric May on The Battle of New Orleans – BONO (10 mins, 10 MBs).

www.911truth.ie/katrina/CaptainMayonHAARP.mp3

Daniel Ott: “Was Katrina a manufactured storm?”
Captain Eric May: “Yes. As was Rita, as was Wilma.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: