FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air Travel Delays

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Air Travel Delays Reply with quote

I was wondering if the Heathrow, domestic, short haul only fog and the M11 Stanstead delays are related to the last time we had major airport delays ?

Just a thought.

PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA certainly do not seem to be making much effort - why not wait to see if the weather improves, and in the meantime launch as many flights as you can?
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems incredulous a spot of fog should effect such problems, in the high tech 21st century!
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sky News this morning:

"We all know about the high tech instruments that you can see on a planes flight deck and so you may be wondering why flights have to be cancelled but the one thing these pilots like to do is to look out of the window"

Planes fly and land at night too don't they.

Last edited by Mark Gobell on Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of planes have crashed because of bad weather. There is nothing better than a pilot's own eyes.

I saw the picture of the radar tower at Heathrow on the BBC this morning and the fog can't be more than twenty five metres.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe the fog would'nt hamper take of or flying to the location, it would give problems when trying to land however and would be risky. if you miss the runway or land on it wrongly due to poor visibility the results would be devastating.
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.usairnet.com/encyclopedia/Tenerife_disaster.html
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah maybe take off is a problem to.
paulrobins
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think all these delays are pointless, planes land and take off in adverse weather around the world everyday, my girlfriend landed in Canada when it was -35 degrees, the technology on these aircraft means they don't need visuals to land and take off gps does all the work,and there was technology in WWII that cleared fog off runways. it could be a case of being safe than sorry but i still think the delays are unnecessary!
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points you raised there Paul, only highlights the dubious nature of these cancellations.

Especially considering Heathrow has no mountains to negociate around.
paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put most things down to them, including freedom of travel, or their ultimate opposition to its availability. But somehow I doubt the fog's haarped. Let's not dwell on this too long
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you're right dh

fin

Smile
Graham
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why only BA flights too? Confused
wepmob2000
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not just BA, BMI, Lufthansa, and Air France are also affected. The reason for the cancellations is very straightforward, in clear conditions the airliners have to maintain a minimum 3 mile separation for safety, in foggy conditions this is doubled to 6 miles, in much the same principle as on the roads. Heathrow is the worst affected because there is an aircraft landing or departing roughly every minute, all maintaining the minimum separation distance and no more (to maximise the use of the airport). Naturally if you double the separation distance you effectively halve the number of flights.

By and large only domestic flights and those to Paris and Brussels are affected, because it was sensibly decided there are readily available other means of transport to these destinations. Long haul flights are generally unaffected. Naturally BA is the main carrier operating domestic flights from Heathrow, hence the disproportionate amount of BA cancellations.

Hope this helps?
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a great shame we don't have far more fog.

When you consider that drivers are encouraged to buy smaller more efficient vehicles, then you hear that a new runway is to be built at Heathrow, or this or that airport is to be expanded! The fewer flights the better.

Everyone should be limited to one outward bound and one return flight a year, no exceptions. Outdoor Christmas decorations that invlove electricity should be banned too - when you consider all those flashing lights and illuminated snowmen drawing power off the national grid and for what? It is not as if anyone benefits from them being on your roof or out in the garden.

We are not serious about reducing pollution, we just play at it.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
Emmanuel
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: FOG OR CHEMTRAILS? Reply with quote

FOG or chemtrails? I saw a lot of spraying today in the blue skies of Sheffield . A lovely very clear afternoon but as we got to Leicester total heavy fog. Very hard to drive through such mist too!
Its rather timely too.
paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only Hegelian reason for creation of deep fog at this time would be the reinforcement of the argument for another runway. This seems to be counter to the current environmentalist prevalence.

Sheffield has a big problem with chemtrails? Get yourself a cloudbuster and towerbusting protocol is my advice

Emmanuel
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: CHEMBUSTER TEAM WANTED Reply with quote

Thanks for reminding me DH!
I would like to team up with any other people who have experience with making these chembusters.
I have read the instructions, but accuracy is really not my strength. Anybody having a chembusting day out sometime in the north? Thanks

Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: FOG OR CHEMTRAILS? Reply with quote

eveski wrote:
FOG or chemtrails? I saw a lot of spraying today in the blue skies of Sheffield . A lovely very clear afternoon but as we got to Leicester total heavy fog. Very hard to drive through such mist too!
Its rather timely too.

I'd say 6 billion tons of fog spread over a large part of England is beyond the technology of man to simply "conjure up" with a bit of spraying from some planes.
I'm certain, beyond a reasonable doubt, that's it's down to the weather.

It got foggy.

That happens sometimes.

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: FOG OR CHEMTRAILS? Reply with quote

eveski wrote:
Its rather timely too.

if you just think about it for a moment what i might say may make more sense.
the fog is real ie: it is fog, but also a good cover to get spraying.
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason that I know of to cause fog is an area of high pressure that stops the moisture from rising. This creates like a bubble inside which the moisture is compressed - this is fog.

If you look at satellite images of the recent high pressure area, this stretched some 400 miles into Europe and much of the UK - unless this chemtrail spraying was over a considerable area, it is simply a natural manifestation.

Add to this, who would benefit financially from the disruption and be behind 'deliberate' fog? Tent manufacturers around airports got together and contacted 'Chemtrails 'R' Us' via Yellow Pages?

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only reason that I know of to cause fog is an area of high pressure that stops the moisture from rising. This creates like a bubble inside which the moisture is compressed - this is fog.

And you say I am bizarre!!! Maybe a bit of research is called for Tc. Warm humid air meeting cold would be a good start. High pressure causes still conditions which means no wind to disperse the fog but it doesn't cause it.

As for taking off in fog - I flew out of Heathrow over twenty years ago in a pea souper, but as the pilot announced, "we have the technology to overcome this". They certainly could do it today. A year later however I was in a plane which was delayed an hour circling, waiting for fog to lift over Heathrow, and was eventually diverted to Gatwick as we could not land because of the fog at Heathrow.
kc
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heathrow gets exactly the same type of fog in 12 month intervals? Cool!
iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taking off in fog is easy, landing is incredibly risky and must be done by blind faith in computer guidance - hence the reluctance for pilots to do it.

thats what the pilot in my plane yesterday said... thankfully mine flew and i made it home.

it was not chemtrails - how madly conspiratorial do you have to be to come up with that nonsense. has anyone EVER seen chemtrails at that intensity at ground level before... is it possible? - what possible gain could anyone have from this situation except some far fetched thinly spread paraniod delusion of a reason. it was fog.

* happens and a lot of time its in the lap of the gods. too many people in these circles are so off axis they instantly look for blame for everything on shadow conspirators. grow up.
paul wright

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iro wrote:

* happens and a lot of time its in the lap of the gods. too many people in these circles are so off axis they instantly look for blame for everything on shadow conspirators. grow up.

yeah - it's fog because it's fog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: