FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now everyone's paranoid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallious
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Now everyone's paranoid Reply with quote

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/index.php?menuID=1&subID=984

Quote:
Distrust of authority means conspiracy theories are spreading further, says frank furedi

He's a bullshitter, basically.

Quote:
Now everyone’s paranoid
Distrust of authority means conspiracy theories are spreading further, says frank furedi
There was a time when conspiracy theories used to be an object of middle-class scorn and humour. They tended to be about alien abduction or the faking of Elvis's death. Or - more sinister - that the Holocaust never happened.
But now more and more otherwise intelligent, university-educated people are embracing conspiracy theories as they become more respectable and mainstream.
Around 30 per cent of the British population believe that Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed were assassinated or were the target of some conspiracy. That's almost as high as the percentage of Americans who suspect that federal officials assisted the 9/11 attackers or took no action to stop it. Thirty-six per cent of Americans accept some version of a 9/11-related conspiracy theory. The State Department website indicates that it

recognises that these theories have "a great appeal and are often widely believed" and is trying to fight it.
When I visited the US this summer many of my colleagues accepted the rumour that officials had deliberately flooded black neighbourhoods in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina. Yesterday a well-established solicitor explained to me how Mossad plotted Diana's death.
It is the lack of trust in government and official authority that is boosting the influence of conspiracy theories. More and more people are sceptical about the official version of events. And when things go wrong we look for someone in authority to blame.
We cannot accept that politicians can make a genuine mistake or that what happened was an accident. Nothing happens by accident. That is why we are so ready to believe that behind every tragic event lurks a hidden agenda. Conspiracy theories save us the trouble of facing the confusions and uncertainties of our ever changing world.

http://www.frankfuredi.com
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They always miss out the first step

it should go

Exposure of conspiracies by authorities leads to distrust of authorities which leads to conspiracy theories spreading further
Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Skeptic.

If theres one thing I really hate its this "Conspiracy theories save us the trouble of facing the confusions and uncertainties of our ever changing world."

Sure.... Im so much more relieved to know my governments are corrupt treasonous killers, raping the middle east whilst rapidly springing a police state, rather than worrying if my muslim friends in my lectures are about to explode!
ICECOLDMELTZ
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: ICE Reply with quote

ICE

Last edited by ICECOLDMELTZ on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fallious
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice rant. Might want to try a spell checker in the future, and some paragraphs wouldn't go amiss - but I don't suppose you need to worry about all that when you are stood on a bucket outside TESCO in a thunder storm, ranting about the apocalypse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: