FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free fall explained by Veronica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> 9/11 & 7/7 Truth Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HERA
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Free fall explained by Veronica Reply with quote

Free-fall: Is defined for a vacuum, i.e. uninfluenced by air. Depends SOLELY on the height above ground, NO OTHER FACTORS WHATSOEVER. This demonstrated CONCLUSIVELY by Galileo & Isaac Newton (and, of course, ALL PHYSICS depends on it for things to work the way they are designed & built). We know the height of the Towers. The calculation (defined by Galileo/Newton) says between 9 & 10 seconds. According to NIST one fell in 9 & the other in 11 seconds. 9/11 Omission states 10 seconds for the South Tower. Air increases vacuum free-fall to anything up to 30 seconds for that same height.
So they should have taken about 30 seconds, whereas they took circa 10 seconds.
V

Better put this in Critics Corner : might cause awkward problems for the planers/nobeamers.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thats veronica explaining, can you show how see came to those conclusions? or is mimicing what someone said without proof evidence now?

i dont mean it to sound nasty in anyway im seriously asking.
physicist
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your 30-second estimate is a wild guess. The fall would be slowed a little by air resistance but not that much.

Fall would be slowed due to conservation of momentum as material hit the next floor down. Also some mometum would be transferred to the Earth as the debris hit something solid. I'm thinking that the steel core would represent something very solid.

However, if the supports of the building were taken out, the momentum considerations wouldn't apply.

So, controlled demolition could occur at the observed speed of collapse. I don't know if it was done with charges/explosives though.

It's interesting the passion that the mode of collapse generates. It shows how everyone outside CC wants to know the truth.
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Free fall explained by Veronica Reply with quote

HERA wrote:
Air increases vacuum free-fall to anything up to 30 seconds for that same height.
So they should have taken about 30 seconds, whereas they took circa 10 seconds.

Better put this in Critics Corner : might cause awkward problems for the planers/nobeamers.

That is a lie so I would expect this post to be moved to CC. Sounds like you've been listening to Fetzer and his parachute piano theory! Shocked

Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This clip is to do with the collapse of building 7 but it makes an important point that directly relates to the collapse of the twin towers.

Link

Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RUBBISH!!!!

30 sec is a DIRECT copy out of Reynolds paper. I know because I read it (and regretted doing so after I can tell you).

The time will be fractionally above the vaccum time.

NOTHING LIKE 30 secs.

NONSENSE!!!!!

President Eisenhower 1961
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This argument is to do with "Terminal Velocity". It is a difficult calculation to do accurately with the WTC because of the jumble of debris - it is hard to work out the surface area of the "downward face" of falling debris. But here is some maths which shows that the fall times of the WTC are pretty anomalous, when all the physics is taken into account.

This page

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/termv.html

can be used to calculate the terminal velocity of something falling. Judy Wood disagrees with Jones freefall calculation, as she said here:

http://www.911scholars.org/GrandPiano.html

Calum, where is the 30-second figure referenced in Morgan's article? Could you post or send me the link? Thanks.

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Fetzer guy is a bit odd!!

Link

Still at it Andrew? Yawn Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> 9/11 & 7/7 Truth Controversies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: