FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

20Jan07 - LONDON - GLA Clash of Civilisations conference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moeen yaseen
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: 20Jan07 - LONDON - GLA Clash of Civilisations conference Reply with quote

A World Civilisation or a Clash of Civilisations
2oth January 2007 Queen Elizabeth Conference Centre, London

see http://www.gv2000.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=252&pid=1008#pid1008 Laughing

20 January 2007, 10am-5pm
GLA PAGE http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/equalities/clash-conf.jsp
The controversial ‘clash of civilisations’ theory is the subject of a special one-day conference organised by the GLA on Saturday 20 January.

The view has been put forward that the world is going into an era of conflict and war driven by a clash of civilisations. The Mayor’s policies are based on the exact opposite idea: that the multicultural city is part of creating a new concept of world civilisation that corresponds to a globalised world.

This conference will debate these contrasting approaches and their implications. The conference will feature a debate between the Mayor and Daniel Pipes, Director of the Middle East Forum, an American think tank that advises US policymakers on the Middle East. He has argued that ‘there is not so much a clash of civilisations as there is one of civilisations vs. barbarism.’

Other sessions will see scholars and policy-makers discuss the impact of international events on London's communities and examine issues such as religious tolerance, human rights, diversity and the approach to multiculturalism. More information about conference speakers and sessions.

Admission to the conference is free, but you must register in advance - complete the online registration form,
http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/equalities/clash-form.jsp
call 020 7983 4838 or email conference@london.gov.uk.

The conference will take place at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, Broad Sanctuary, London SW1. Nearest Tube: Westminster.
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps some of us should go down there and do some leafletting?

I try to always take my walking protest bag with me everywhere. Inside, I try to keep stock of stickers and fliers. I was once at an Iron Maiden Gig... then it occured to me, this is a wicked place to hand out such fliers. I did use up all my stickers, however... wish I passed about some fliers. Such a small easy thing to do and I would think it would be quite an effective form of spreading the message.
gareth
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is anybody going down? i've got a ticket and fancy doing some leafletting?
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn.. I have work, plus... got somethings to sort out in regards to my weeks events. Trying to sort out overflow rooms, as... I am sure that if our leafletting and advertising is too successful, I am gonig to need to set up a lot of overflow rooms.
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there, I know some are going to leaflet the event in the evening, maybe see some familiar faces down there Wink

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame we cant set up a sound system I'd love to Blast Dead Kennedys 'Nazi Punks **** Off' to Pipes Very Happy

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a bizarre twist to my plans of seeing that Nazi Daniel Pipes this morning my Energy supplier took £1400 from my bank account yesterday and now I'm overdrawn.
Coincidence hand of fate or what but it sure outlines the dangers of Government Databases etc. anything can go wrong malicious or otherwise!
I spoke to a girl at EDF Energy and she told me there was no way it could be the work of hackers, but I wonder? How does she know the inner workings of the security systems they use.
How out of this world could the possibility of intelligence staff working at these places for the purpose of restricting a persons movement?
Hmm in future I should keep a little cash around the house for such occurences, I wonder how long before I'm burgled lol

Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just got back from the conference, gareth and I distributed a lot of flyers for WR's London talk and talked to a lot of people about it.

I raised what I thought was a very simple and hard to wave away point in a media seminar- that the media refuse to go any deeper than the government's proclamations on 9/11, citing the fact that hardly anyone knew that three sky scrapers had fallen in New York on 9/11. Predictably the only response I got from the panel was from one of them who mumbled something about "conspiracy theories" with a wave of his hand and then moved onto another topic.

We thought of a question about "Rebuilding Americas Defences" and the PNAC, and whether the "clash for cultures" is just a part of a global game of power and control to ask neocon appologist Oliver Kamm, but didn't get picked for the microphone.

The day itself was a split down the middle of teeth clenchingly venomous reactionaries (Douglas Murray is the anti-christ) and some fiery and passionate left wing speakers as well.

Interesting for anyone at the last London meeting who remembers discussing the stop the war lot, we pinned down a stop the war friend of Gareths afterwards and tried our best to get through to him.

What he was saying perfectly backed up the view I put forward of the motivation of this lot- something along the lines of:

"Yes OK it might be true, it probably is, but I'm not going to risk discrediting our movement by coming across as a conspiracy theorist, we've build up a solid ground below us and we're really trying to acheive something etc etc"

My response was that the ground he has below him is shaky, and will fall away and leave him to have to start building afresh when the next false flag terror op comes by, UNLESS enough people are turned on to question it from day one, not with a lag of years as this movement displayed.

What was their acheivement with Afghanistan? Minimal. Because it was so close to 9/11 the US could have said they were invading austria over sausage tarrifs and the connection between sausage and semtex to the suicide bomber and most people would have bought it. With Iraq they had a few years and a slightly less hysterical audience. So they managed a big march which did not change the outcome of the policy in any way.

Another big FF strike and they are back to the beggining again, unless they have taken the effort to sew that seed of doubt in peoples minds, so they will pick up on inconsistencies day one, and the response is not patriotism but cynicism and analysis of their version.

There was no getting through to him though.

Peace and Truth
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stefan

Well done on all this - inspirational!

See you tomorrow night for more leafleting and a drink.

How many other Londoners are coming out to play?

DrJazzz
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annie wrote:
How many other Londoners are coming out to play?

One here!
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there just have to flex the flexible freind no thanks to EDF Energy Sad Dunno why I bother posting their name they are all as bad as each other, if you are interested in switching EDF also run Sainsburys, and Virgin and the group originaly comprised of SWEB, Seeboard and London Electric!

andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good work Stefan. Our persistance will pay off. I will be there tonight, not happy about the weather though. Are we going to that meeting on Shaftesbury avenue and do we have a stack of leaflets?

cheers
andy

Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry I couldnt make it. I didnt even make it for the Mondays leafletting. I had work on both days, I have like three jobs and on top of that I am in the middle of trying to sort things out at my University for the Event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> The Accelerationists' Armageddon Project For WWIII, Economic Crash, Starvation & Deadly Pathogens Rampant All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: