FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outreach via E-mail to invite people in to events, etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith Mothersson
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Outreach via E-mail to invite people in to events, etc Reply with quote

It occurs to me that many parts of the country will have various e-mail listings suitable for publicising our 911 events on, eg. a lot of international/humanrights/environmental NGOs in Scotland have an open listing called Scottish Global.

There are quite a lot of other ways we can reach out to people to invite them to come along to Rodriguez or future events, etc. Incidentally, it can be good to include a poster as an attachment, and we can also offer a free dvd for an SAE.

e.g. for Rodriguez one can work via TUC lists (Scottish TUC has lists of affiliates and the same will go for UK national and regional TUCs): I have found a good response from a district organiser of the GMB, who promised to ensure that Rodriguez meeting details and blurb were sent to all janitors in his district, and offered to network the corresponding info to Glasgow and Edinburgh districts as well. JANNIES OF THE WORLD UNITE!

I also think that we can fashion a simple pitch to the Firefighters Union whose members are in many cases already deeply suspicious about the official story: FWIW something along these lines:

Quote:
As a [local] organiser of the 911 truth movement, I am sure you must be aware of the hundreds of firefighters who were slaughtered by someone on 911. I am sure you will probably also know that many surviving firefighters are convinced that bombs went off throughout the Twin Towers to bring them down ['the fires are isolated and dying down, we should be able to knock them out with two hoses' was the appreciation of one firefighter reporting back to base, little suspecting the deadly peril they were in as the buildings were about to be 'pulled'].

Anyway, this is just to express the hope that you may like to pass the word to your members about the visit to Dundee of the heroic Janitor from the North Tower, William Rodriguez. It should be a fascinating evening - X will be chairing to encourage genuine quesions and discussion afterwards.

[in this case X is a well-kent figure in the Labour movement, g8 alternatives, etc - I find face to face encounters preferably linked to recommendations from already credible figures matters a lot when approaching union officials].

Teachers are another obvious constituency: FWIW this is the covering note I wrote in this case ( little bit abrupt, maybe):

[url]Please can you bring the following unusual event to the attention of your members. It is something that many thousands of schoolpupils are onto, it would be nice if their teachers could encourage out front class discussion and disciplined project work about the truth of 911, rather than this being a guilty/defiant/countercultural type issue! Many thanks,[/url]

Then there are various Faith networks: There is nothing 'spiritual' about false witness, nor accepting the false witness of the powerful with neither trial nor evidence of Muslim guilt, nor about staying in 'worldly-comfortable' denial about the crimes of the powerful (no matter how scary if feels to open our attention towards them)!

We can publicise David Ray Griffins great book, Christian Faith and the truth Behind 9/11 - A Call to Reflection and Action - available from Amazon or from stall at the event. And mention the Muslims, Jews and Christians 911 Alliance website: www.mujca.com.

Both the Interfaith network of the UK www.interfaith.org.uk/ and the Federation of Student Islamic Societies in the UK (FOSIS) www.fosis.org.uk/ have websites with lots of juicy hotlinks.

It may well also be worth going onto political party websites to send out invitations to local party officials, as well as inviting prominent politicians, etc - not excluding local Tories and UKIP: possible pitch:
'this story is going to break eventually [tell em the stats for popular disbelief even in the US], why not seize this nettle and brand yourselves as the party of truth, quick before party X does so! The number of sceptics is already large, so for every potential member who switches off once your party gets tarred by David Aronowitz and Nick Cohen and similar pundits as being loony conspiracy nuts, you will find many working class, young, Irish, Asian, black, etc people gravitating towards your party, and when the story breaks like Watergate you will be able to reap the credit.'

These are just a few examples of the sorts of outreach one - or a team of us - can do inexpensively in the period running up to our events, the better to help ensure that the 911 truth campaign grows in a balanced way, drawing from and educating mainstream as well as countercultural folk.

Just a Bush intends 911 to represent a Mythic break, the start of a New Era and New World Order, so we too have a responsibility to develop 911 awareness as the germ of a new post-capitalist, post-Statist society where we listen to each other around the whole circle of humanity, and care for each other as we go and as we grow as a truth community-becoming-healthy-whole-society.

(

May all beings be happy
scubadiver
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have members of the Firefighters Benevolent Fund coming to my WR talk. I am hoping to organise a Henley fundraiser for the charity with help from volunteers and promote the talk at the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: