FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Archbishop's could add weight to the "Truth"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllThatWeSeeOrSeem
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Archbishop's could add weight to the "Truth" Reply with quote

The Archbishop of York has criticised Britains creeping police state laws (as reported on the ITV news approx 10.35pm earlier this evening) - there's not much I can find on the web yet, except...

Cleric airs 'police state' fears

Dr Sentamu questioned efforts to extend detentions without charge
The Archbishop of York has warned that the government's anti-terror measures are in danger of moving Britain "close to a police state".
Dr John Sentamu, who fled Uganda in the 1970s, criticised 90-day detention, and compared it to his home country under Idi Amin's dictatorial regime.

The archbishop said: "If you detain people, you must have good enough reason for detaining them."

The home secretary moved recently to extend custody limits for suspects.

The limit is currently 28 days for those suspected of terrorism, but yet to be charged.

John Reid told fellow ministers he wanted to try to find cross-party consensus on the controversial issue, at the request of police chiefs.

Government attempts to extend the limit to 90 days failed in 2005, opposed by Tories, Lib Dems and some Labour MPs.

Birmingham suspects

In an interview with ITV's Evening News, Britain's second most senior cleric said: "[The home secretary] has not produced the evidence that shows that in 90 days you're capable of getting somebody prosecuted.

"Why does he want these days, so the police do what? Gather more evidence?

"To me that becomes, if you're not very careful, very close to a police state in which they pick you up and then they say later on 'we'll find evidence against you'. That's what happened in Uganda with Idi Amin."

Meanwhile, West Midlands Police are continuing to question nine people arrested in Birmingham over an alleged plot to kidnap and murder a Muslim soldier.

The archbishop also urged people coming to live in the UK to adopt and "cherish" British values.

"If you are in Britain and you're British, you should really cherish the traditions that are here," he said.

"If you don't actually subscribe to the things that make Britain, you're going to be in trouble."

which was from
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6329815.stm

------------------
Britain 'at risk of police state'
THE Archbishop of York, Dr John Sentamu, today issued a warning that Britain was in danger of "coming close to a police state" in the wake of the arrest of suspected terrorists in Birmingham.

Dr Sentamu, who fled Uganda in the 1970s, criticised 90-day detention, likening it to his home country under the tyrannical rule of Idi Amin.

He said: "If you detain people, you must have good enough reason for detaining them."

which was from

http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=190592007

------------------

Also Check out:

http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/content/news_syndication/article_060223senta mu.shtml

I noticed that a Google search for "Archbishop" and "police state" throws up a few high profile spokespeople who may yet assist the cause...

I don't know how well the Church of England has been "canvassed" ?

Keep on keepin on

PS. Andrew has kindly collected my three (so far) leaflet promo materials for the truth movement on his website - they are available as Jpeg or PDFs - they are all FREE - Download em and use them - I find the car sticker provokes much discussion - and may even reach the most people daily...
http://www.checktheevidence.com/911/911_campaign_materials_download.ht m

uselesseater
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Dr Sentamu!

This illustrates what criminal traitors we have in public life when it is left to a Ugandan to defend British values.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come a long way haven't we.

I remember the first influx of Ugandan Asians into this country in the 1970s, fleeing from the mad, bad dictator Idi Amin.

We now have a senior C of E cleric from Uganda, lecturing our executive on human rights issues.

PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the Church of England has a whiff of death about it as an organised religious presence in this country, I can't take seriously what they say on any issue to be honest.
Bongo
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Given the Church of England has a whiff of death about it as an organised religious presence in this country, I can't take seriously what they say on any issue to be honest.

... That's not fair, the congregation can't help being so old. You won't be laughing when you need a colostomy bag and can't remember anything! Cool
wickywoowoo
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulStott wrote:

Who cares what faith or religion people are?

The guy said what he believes, shouldn't that be what we examine and act on? What differences does it make if said people are from the Church of England, Judaism or Islam?

This is a big problem this movement has, we are seen as judging the information based on it's faith background as much as it's personal background and that feeds the "anti semetic" and "racist" slurs we all get.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulStott wrote:

I would be happy if a garden gnome spoke up about these issues.

Anyone who doesn't have "a problem" with 28 day or 90 day detention without charge and without even knowing what they are accused of, must be living in cloud cuckoo land.

It never ceases to amaze me how the ostrich phenomenon insulates people from such draconian legislation.

The security blanket of ignorance provides the intellectual self deceipt:

It's not me they are targetting so why should I care ?

PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:

It's not me they are targetting so why should I care ?

As someone who has been targetted at home, work and at political demonstrations by police squads, and even seen my solicitor harrassed by these *, I do hope that dig was not aimed at me.

I have plenty of objections to what the state is doing, I just feel anyone banking on the Chuch of England to deliver anything (except draughty pews and empty churches) is barking up the wrong tree.
PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wickywoowoo wrote:
This is a big problem this movement has, we are seen as judging the information based on it's faith background as much as it's personal background and that feeds the "anti semetic" and "racist" slurs we all get.

Er, not chucking out the anti-semites from the Truth movement, and linking to racist websites on this forum, may play a bigger role.
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God its like a bloody record player with fluff on the stylus isnt it?

WTC7 ? Errrrr...Errr..... YOUR ANTI SEMITES!!!!

ISI Funding Errr........YOUR ANTI SEMITES!!!

Hijackers trained on US military bases?......Errr Anti SEMITES!!!

Damn your so BORING.....cant you come up with some alternative idiotic reasoning just to make your posts more interesting to read?

*yawn*

(wait for it......"ANTI SE....".......)
-----------------------------------------------
"Following Shayler/Machon's twists and turns is tricky, but not impossible. The most charitable interpretation is a financial motive"
http://www.911cultwatch.org.uk/911cult_007.htm
-----------------------------------------------
"SHAYLER/MACHON RESEARCH MATERIALS AVAILABLE AS BELOW
either pay by cheque/postal order/International Money Order (Sterling) payable to Larry O'Hara only: send to Notes From the Borderland"
http://www.911cultwatch.org.uk/911cult_007.htm
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Dont trust em cos theyre just after MONEY.......to find out more send me A cheque!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Har HAR HAR!!!!
-------------------------------
Ooooo wonder whats next in this intellectual 'tour de force'.

"the story about all the debris being swiftly taken away is *"

Hmmmmm FEMA state that around 350,000tons of steel was recovered in total. Well over one third of that was gone within 18 days.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=%2Fnews%2F2001%2F09%2F2 9%2Fwnyc29.xml

"fire experts told Congress that about 80% of the steel was scrapped without being examined because investigators did not have the authority to preserve the wreckage" N.Y. Daily News, 4/16/02

Oh dear. You`ve been a silly boy.

Of course there was still wreckage there months later there was about two million tonnes of all sorts of stuff from the wtc complex as a whole. Nobody could ship out 2 million tonnes of stuff through NY in an evening!!

The point is they started immidiately (a criminal offence under federal terrorism legislation) and refused access to the vast majority of it.

Jeesus

President Eisenhower 1961
Thermate
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
Anyone who doesn't have "a problem" with 28 day or 90 day detention without charge and without even knowing what they are accused of, must be living in cloud cuckoo land.

I guess they think "It won't happen to me, so it's O.K." this is the attitude that needs changing. But how? When all people want to do is watch Big Brother, X Factor, Coronation Street and get drunk on cheap wine while furiously masturbating over how much their house has gone up in value this year...

PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowygrouch wrote:
God its like a bloody record player with fluff on the stylus isnt it?

WTC7 ? Errrrr...Errr..... YOUR ANTI SEMITES!!!!

ISI Funding Errr........YOUR ANTI SEMITES!!!

None are points I have made, nor have I seen anyone else making on this board. I have however read people on this site saying extremely dubious things about the holocaust, Jews, and even linking to the Leuchter report claiming that there were no gas chambers in WW2.

Do you believe that nonsense Snowygrouch?
Thermate
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulStott wrote:
Do you believe that nonsense Snowygrouch?

Do you believe no Jew or Zionist madman has hurt a fly since WW2? Do you think suggesting they may have makes the speaker an anti-Semitic holocaust denier? It seems so...

Laughable, if it wasn't so sad.

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Stott - I take it your question was intended to be rhetorical.

I know nothing of you or your past.

And yes my post was aimed directly in response to yours.

wickywoowoo
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't calling anyone an anti semite, lol.

I was just trying to point out your comment on the Church of England may easily be taken in a context you didn't mean it to be taken in and people on this site really should be a bit more careful about comments like that.
Bongo
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wickywoowoo, I second the comment... and I hope it is taken in the context you feel is not acceptable. I hope the day comes sooner rather than later when organised religion is dead. It is already a primitive ideology and when the whole world become Humanists then the world will be a better place.

Ps. When you die... it will be exactly the same as before you were born... that is just life. I cannot be threatened by the fear mongering of the organised religions... The same fear mongering tactics used by the Neo-Cons. I do not see any difference between the two.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Illuminati's stated aim was to undermine all religion and government. Which they appear to have almost achieved. There's nothing wrong with reading the Bible and nothing wrong with believing it.

They want all those with beliefs and loyalyies incompatible with the New World Order to be persuaded to drop those ideas which freemasonic infiltration of the Church of England has achieved reasonably successfully. They will be replaced with a humanistic philosophy/religion.

What so many people miss is that wanting to ban organised religion is a belief-system in itself!

'They' want the great religions of the world: Judaism, Christianity and Islam to be in disarray so they can't organise against the NWO. Just look what they did to the Rabbis in WWII! An organised church would be a formidable anti NWO force. Especially if priests went on about microchipping being 'the mark of the beast' in Revelation 13 (which some are beginning to do at last) - ordinary people would start to listen and wake up to the battle for hearts and minds which is now being waged for our souls by the spiritual forces of good and evil.

Of course if you don't believe in God then you're probably one of those people that believe people of faith have been responsible for all the wars... blah... blah... blah... How wrong can you be?

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
The Watcher
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Persecution Reply with quote

Paul Stott wrote:
Quote:
As someone who has been targetted at home, work and at political demonstrations by police squads, and even seen my solicitor harrassed by these *, ....

It's a real b*tch, when you're the victim of unwarranted persecution, isn't it Paul? Call it a hunch but I'd say there's a good possibility that you, and/or those around you, may well be subjected to further unwarranted attention ... that's the way the universal Law of Karma works!

... or haven't you worked that out yet dude?

The Watcher
Hazzard
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look dont worry guys, every single REAL christian in this island will be persecuted soon enough, just be patient.

All the other anti-relegious liberal global brotherhood numbskulls will be kicking their heals in approximately 30 years time when relegion is outlawed and the world is one big happy family for all of about 10 years and the cracks start to show and the lie that is the new world order is clear for all to see.

Christians will be rounded up and killed im sure about that. And im sure a percentage of society is just that fvcked up enough to support it. Not to mention they will have to meet in secret just to do what they do every sunday that doesnt hurt anyone.

wickywoowoo
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bongo wrote:
wickywoowoo, I second the comment... and I hope it is taken in the context you feel is not acceptable. I hope the day comes sooner rather than later when organised religion is dead. It is already a primitive ideology and when the whole world become Humanists then the world will be a better place.

Ps. When you die... it will be exactly the same as before you were born... that is just life. I cannot be threatened by the fear mongering of the organised religions... The same fear mongering tactics used by the Neo-Cons. I do not see any difference between the two.

Wanting to eliminate "belief systems" that help billions of ordinary, good people get by in life is Humanist and a good belief system to have then? So what of people who don't share your belief system? Should they blindly ignore all you say because of what you believe? That is what you back by saying anyone from the Church of England's opinion is void and without meaning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: