FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats the deal with this forum?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samantha J Fox
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Whats the deal with this forum? Reply with quote

Just who are you all in relation to the 9/11 truth movement or whatever its deemed to be?

I myself am just normal every day kind a guy, who happened upon the 9/11 issue and become quite absorbed in it to the point that it surprises me how much i know and how little everyone else in my life does about what happened.

Anyways, the point of this thread is to ask just what the hell are some of you on? I know there are a few "known" names who post on here, and I recognise a few of them from when i went the DRG event in London last year.

However, there seem to be many posters who adopt a strange line of approach, calling other people shills and whatever else, some seem to talk about their theories and criticise others as if they are big players in the 9/11 truth scene and what they write on a message board could have catastrophic consequences to the whole movement.

There was me thinking that this was in the main, quite a small forum of likeminded people just chatting about what may or may not have happened with a few of people actually going as far as doing demos and whatever else.

So, who knows who? who is in cahoots with who? I may have got this all completely wrong but I laugh when i read about you all offereing phone numbers to discuss your actual position on certain matters, people getting banned for whatever reason (although I do find the approach some of the NPT'ers take is so juvenlile I cant understand why they cause so much rawkus)

Is this not just essentially an internet messageboard (with a very small regular population compared to some other forums of other subjects I have used in teh past)

I have never seen any other forum ask each other to prove their credentials, or to post their home addresses?

Its all very strange, I come on here to see if there is anything new going on or coming in to scene, and what i find seems occasionlly to be a few people playing james bond behind their computers.

ALthough in my time of posting on here, I might add I fidn myself leaning towards posters like Telecasterisation and snowygrouch, as for me they seem the most sane or informed out of most of you.

Graham
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats the deal with this forum? Reply with quote

Samantha J Fox wrote:

I myself am just normal every day kind a guy, who happened upon the 9/11 issue and become quite absorbed in it to the point that it surprises me how much i know and how little everyone else in my life does about what happened.

Join the club mate.

Found out about 911 about 3 years ago now, campaigned like hell on various message boards for a while, and got a bit burnt out by it. These days, I leaflet, and talk to whoever I come across about it.

I am sometimes bewildered by the behaviour of some people on this forum, but then your not to know they're background, upbringing etc.

Haven't met anyone off this site yet, although looking forward too.
Samantha J Fox
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually raised teh subject on a football messageboard (one of the very big clubs, and it is a very popular MB) And I can honestly say i tore everyone apart in debating the issue. Thats when it suprised me just how many people do not see the importance in this issue, or are too blinkered to understand what it means to our lives.

9/11 seems to have become a turning point in my life, i feel no urge whatsoever to continue along the career path, i am planning at present to buy a van and live on the raod around europe for a few years, because i just cant imagine carrying on in this strange lie we call society.

This all sounds very drastic, but it makes perfect sense to me.

Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam

This forum is in the middle of a kind of revolution. With one of the Administrators being seen to push the Beam Weapon theory while at the same time trying to discredit Steven Jones. I actually stopped using this place before Christmas but, god knows why, I started posting here again a few weeks ago.

I'm going to stop posting here again soon as I'm sick of the place.

Samantha J Fox
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
Sam

This forum is in the middle of a kind of revolution. With one of the Administrators being seen to push the Beam Weapon theory while at the same time trying to discredit Steven Jones. I actually stopped using this place before Christmas but, god knows why, I started posting here again a few weeks ago.

I'm going to stop posting here again soon as I'm sick of the place.

But what does it matter anyway who pushes what theory?

You are not giving the board credit enough that is up to the readers what they want to believe, this MB is just a tool/blog that we write words to each other on, its not a slogan or a defining judgement, are you not taking this too seriously?

QuitTheirClogs
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can make of the site what you want. It’s early days yet for me, but I’m here to share stories, encouragement and information. And as a place to stop and reflect.

There’s other places I can go if I want a robust argument or a heated exchange – and I cannot see anything productive coming from doing that sort of stuff here.

David Ray Griffin - 9/11: the Myth & the Reality
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-275577066688213413
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samantha J Fox wrote:

I think it matters a great deal. There are theories based on facts and there are theories based on speculation and downright lies and sophistry.

ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI

The origins of this forum and camapign are summarised in Andrew Johnson's document and our background

Following last weekend's meeting in Bristol, some fairly radical changes to this forum and the campaign site will be happening.

I will try and put up the details shortly.

Thanks
Samantha J Fox
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick Brown wrote:
Samantha J Fox wrote:

I think it matters a great deal. There are theories based on facts and there are theories based on speculation and downright lies and sophistry.

Of course, but at the end of the day, you are only as intelligent as teh person you are talking to.

You are looking at any potential user of this board to be a blank canvass and you dont want them being swamped with information you do not agree with, but that fails to take in to account that every single poster who comes by this board will do so with their own angle, they will all take from this what they want to take. If someone wants to believe NPT over the more rational explanations then there is something that has led them to that route, and thats fine, I find it all a bit outlandish but so what.

This is why I see posters such as Tele as being more level headed than most. This is just a forum for people interested in a certain subject, the forum itself cant really have an agenda as it is not a sentient being. It doesnt matter what the admins believe, that doesnt change anything.

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cannot believe you think believing NPT is the problem. its believeing planes that is the problem in my experiance, i fail to see evidence for NPT and ask question to understand and then get personally attacked for having differant views.

the NPT mindset is

1: you should'nt ask questons

2: if you believe planes your a shill

3: NPT'ers are correct about everything and do not need evidence to spam wrong facts as truth to new members.

this is where the problem is stemming from, IMO

if you think promoting disinfo or wrong facts is healthy and we will be taken seriously by the media in doing so, then fine. i however think it is dangerous and will point out anything i see wrong or ask question where i dont understand, but it is becoming evident you are looked at as a shill if you do that.
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SJFox,
I imagine some of the discussions do appear a bit bonkers. Thats why I posted up a month ago that I would not be engaging in any arguments about the "controvertial" theories here. The NPT shouting match thing seems to have died down slightly since, co-incidence or just good fortune I dont know.

Bottom line is, there are people here who have alot invested in terms of time, research, blood-sweat-tears etc. When arguments start on the validity of what people spend hours (or years) trying to investigate it gets a bit out of hand.

However when you look at what people post on other forums (like the Mark Thomas forum for example) the banter here is like teletubbies compared to the sorts of insults flying there!!

If your not involved directly with either side of the debate, I`d ignore it to be honest. People also get very frustrated as when we're in the middle of events (like DRG & WRodriguez tour) it can be very quiet and you often feel like you cant DO anything. Doesnt take much to make that combination boil over sometimes.

C.

President Eisenhower 1961
Thermate
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its still a useful site for the occasional informative thread. I try and ignore the beaners and no-brainers it is hard however due to the nature of some of the posters here... Overall I think everyone needs to worry less about guesswork related to the finer details of how it was done and who was behind it.

Waiting, watching and hoping for a better moderated UK 911 forum to emerge.

James C
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deal with this forum is that you can post what you like but if Andrew Johnson doesn't like it then it'll probably end up in a report headed "Sample of Activity Indicating Specific Interest" (page 37 from this report) which is basically Jonson's way of making his dislike for certain views and people public. So much for free speech. Johnson, Bush, Blair....they're all the same!
Patrick Brown
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James C wrote:
The deal with this forum is that you can post what you like but if Andrew Johnson doesn't like it then it'll probably end up in a report headed "Sample of Activity Indicating Specific Interest" (page 37 from this report) which is basically Jonson's way of making his dislike for certain views and people public. So much for free speech. Johnson, Bush, Blair....they're all the same!

So my comments here were on the money: http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=53333#53333
(check out all those threes!! Spooky Eh? Twisted Evil )

Patrick Brown wrote:
Let me explain how the 911 con-man works:
They play on the fears and concerns of an individual or group and then get them to cough up some cash, do their bidding and promote their views. They reassure you that you've understood the conspiracy and you know what's at stake. They try and convince you that they have secret knowledge and know what's really going on. They work on you until you become dependent on them and a slave to their fantasy.

DDD911
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don’t understand with my limited time here is why these people still argue their point even if it upsets the whole applecart, if they truly cared wouldn’t you back down at some point, I know I would for the greater good and if I honestly I was right I’d keep investigating it, and if I found anything out of interest I’d post it, but I certainly wouldn’t entertain it just because it sounds good, or look right.

The greater problem is people are commenting on things they know very little about, these odd theory’s just don’t fly and will be ridiculed till the day they die, everyone witnessed planes to argue otherwise is a waste of energy.

Bongo
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing from the above comments is that the newer posters (Rookies)are showing a great deal of open mindedness and tolerance, whereas the battle hardened (Veterans) seem to be slightly stuck in their ways...

Maybe time on this board affects us all... given time? Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: