FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meacher to stand for Labour leadership
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Meacher to stand for Labour leadership Reply with quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6385285.stm

Meacher enters Labour leader race
Former Environment Minister Michael Meacher is to announce he will challenge Gordon Brown for leadership of the Labour Party.
Mr Meacher, who is on the left of the party, had said there should be a contest when Tony Blair steps down.

He has told the BBC he has more backing from MPs than fellow left-winger John McDonnell, who has been planning a leadership bid since last July.

Tony Blair and his deputy John Prescott will step down before next autumn.

Mr Meacher, one of Labour's longest-serving MPs, has been a vocal critic of the government since returning to the back benches.

He has criticised chancellor Gordon Brown, the favourite to take over from Mr Blair, for signalling he would renew Britain's nuclear weapons system.

He has said there had to be " proper debate" about Trident, if not a referendum on the issue.

Mr Meacher has told the BBC he is confident he can get the backing of the 44 MPs needed to get on to the ballot.

There has been speculation a senior figure from the Blairite wing of the party, such as Home Secretary John Reid or Environment Secretary David Miliband would mount a leadership bid.

But so far no heavyweight contender has emerged to challenge Mr Brown.

Candidates for the deputy leadership have been more forthcoming, with Mr Hain, Hilary Benn, John Cruddas, Alan Johnson and Harriet Harman have all declared their ambitions to take over from John Prescott.

HipHop:
http://www.myspace.com/skepticandjidsames
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting "old Labour" take on it here:

http://reclaimlabour.blogspot.com/2006/11/meacher-to-stand-tomorrow.ht ml

18th March 2003: Meacher votes for the invasion of Iraq (unlike 139 Labour MPs who voted against)

7th May 2003: Meacher votes for Foundation Hospitals

8th May 2003: Meacher votes for Fire Services Bill during the national FBU strike

13th June 2003: Meacher is sacked from the Government

6th September 2003: Meacher claims that the US administration was complicit in the September 11th attacks.

22nd October 2003: Despite no longer being a Minister, Meacher votes against a judicial inquiry into the Iraq war.

19th November: Meacher votes for Foundation Hospitals again.

9th March 2004: Meacher votes against release of Attorney General's legal advice

20th December 2004: Meacher votes for ID cards

18th October 2005: Meacher votes for ID cards (again)

QuitTheirClogs
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Perkins - Reclaim Labour:

Quote:
It's up to Meacher if he wants to launch his campaign. It's also up to Reclaim Labour to launch our own 'Stop Meacher' campaign.

Here is a politician who suddenly "discovered" his political principles when he was sacked from Government - and who then endorsed lunatic conspiracy theories.

David Ray Griffin - 9/11: the Myth & the Reality
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-275577066688213413
PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a scumbag, always has been, always will be.

http://paulstott.typepad.com/911cultwatch/2007/02/the_truth_movem.html
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:

18th March 2003: Meacher votes for the invasion of Iraq (unlike 139 Labour MPs who voted against)

8th May 2003: Meacher votes for Fire Services Bill during the national FBU strike

6th September 2003: Meacher claims that the US administration was complicit in the September 11th attacks.

22nd October 2003: Despite no longer being a Minister, Meacher votes against a judicial inquiry into the Iraq war.

9th March 2004: Meacher votes against release of Attorney General's legal advice

I wish I'd known this before. What is it with these people?

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/michael_meacher/oldham_west_and_royto n#votingrecord

New Labour politician: inherantly untrustable

James C
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand it, Meacher's about turn on many policies is to do with his discovery of peak oil theory. Many of us believe him to be a 9/11 truther but in reality this is minor compared to his role as a promoter of peak oil and future energy instability issues. I happen to agree with him about the oil situation although I know many people here do not. I believe Meacher wants to use his position to raise awarness of the coming energy crisis.

As far as 9/11 is concerned, I don't recall having seen Meacher support the Loose Change version of events. I get the impression he is a LIHOP supporter.
gareth
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was sitting in front of me when david ray griffin spoke at conway hall. didn't he read 'the new pearl harbour' when he wrote the foreword?

Last edited by gareth on Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulStott wrote:

Yeah! Let's get behind Gordon Brown!

Great to see such knee-jerking, Paul. I'm having trouble thinking of another single MP who has even given any credence to the 9/11 Truth Movement, let alone spoken publicly about it and endorsed it by writing the foreword to David Ray Griffin's The New Pearl Harbor.

Can we have an eligeable nominee from you, please?
James C
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gareth wrote:
he was sitting in front of me when david ray griffin spoke at conway hall. didn't he read 'the new pearl harbour' when he wrote the foreword? even though griffin is MIHOP. shame shame

Interesting, thanks for that. Perhaps I should change what I said about Meacher to him being a LIHOP supporter in public only.

I'd forgotton he wrote the forward to ANPH although the first editions of that book didn't support any point of view either MIHOP or LIHOP. Griffin just wrote about the discrepencies and pointed the finger at the Neo-cons. That's the way I read it anyway. I believe the book has been updated since and maybe the message is now clearer.
kinjack
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have thought the BBC would have mentioned his support for 911 truth movement and surely all his peers should be aware. Will he get the 44 votes needed? He seems to think so...

Maybe i'm being silly but what does LIHOP and MIHOP stand for?
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Launching his bid at Westminster, he unveiled a policy platform including complete withdrawal from Iraq and no involvement in any military action against Iran, opposition to Trident and nuclear power, a £7-an-hour minimum wage and measures to reduce the difference in pay between the richest and poorest.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/politics/article2294746.ece

We wouldn't want any of that, now, would we?

No, lets get behind Gordon Brown!

Has everybody forgotten his Guardian article?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,1036571,00.html

And the stick he got for it?

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,9115,1038478,00.html

And the dots he joined up afterwards?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/alqaida/story/0,,1266511,00.html
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIHOP = let it happen on purpose

MIHOP = made it happen on purpose
uselesseater

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Milliband Shocked

Is there a more vomit inducing individual alive?

I did do a quick search to see if I could find a good term to define him. I wanted something that meant : Charlaton, Imposter, Prostitute, Degenerate, Liar, Interloper, Fake.

Any suggestions?
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/michael_meacher/oldham_west_and_royto n#votingrecord

New Labour politician: inherantly untrustable

Politician - inherently untrustable

They all read The Prince for guidance.

PaulStott
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flamesong wrote:

No - because I am a member of Class War and hate the Labour party.

The last thing we need to do is carry on down the road of "oh such and such is the best of a bad bunch so lets go for them"......
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Paul, I would hardly call myself a supporter of either New or Old Labour nor any of the other main parties but a revolution looks unlikely in the near future and until it looks otherwise we have to make do with the current structure.

Not that I support the RCP but in the last election a friend of mine stood as a candidate for them in one constituency and voted Labour at home. Why? He said to keep the BNP out.

There is no obvious answer to the need to change the political world and there are some marginal idealists whose ideas are great but will sadly never break through the status quo.

I'm actually very sympathetic to your cause. I have talked to members of CW at numerous demonstrations (a few years ago now) but I never managed to engage any of them on 9/11.
Roger the Horse
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flamesong wrote:
PaulStott wrote:

Yeah! Let's get behind Gordon Brown!

Great to see such knee-jerking, Paul. I'm having trouble thinking of another single MP who has even given any credence to the 9/11 Truth Movement, let alone spoken publicly about it and endorsed it by writing the foreword to David Ray Griffin's The New Pearl Harbor.

Nicely said Flamesong. I saw Meacher last night and was pretty impressed with what he said, especially the bit about the UKs foreign policy and asking if we wanted to continue being a puppet of the US. He also had the balls to at least question the official account of 911 which has left him totally open to a hatchet job in his party leadership bid. If he does start to have any sucess then obviously his opponents and the media machine will start kicking this stuff back at him which will at the very least get more discussion about 911 out there.
Basically New Labour and Conservative are buttocks on the same arse at the end of the day but a majority of the country are going to vote for someone and I'd much rather see Meacher in than Cameron, Brown, Clarke or Milliband.

Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:

Quote:

Thanx for that Mark it flags up an issue that I have noticed is cleverly kept undercover. As voters and the people we should be closely monitoring how our elected representatives vote. Its the only effective way to identify their true colours.

Do you ever see these voting records in the press, very rarely! With t'internet there is no excuse for this lack of public accountability. Check out the voting records for your local authority councils eg for planning issues. The number of votes for, against, abstenations is stated as opposed to showing each Councillor voted.

Is Meacher on our side? Having backed the 911 truthseekers bible, David Ray Griffins "New Pearl Harbour" and his abortive attempt to show Loose Change in Parliament I thought so but analysing his voting record I'm confused and have serious doubts, especially after reading this on the link in Marks blog:-

Quote:
This is when he turns up to votes, of course. In actual fact, he only has a 54% attendance record since the 2005 election

His announcement and its timing of standing for the leadership of Labour party is interesting. Is he monitoring the progress of the UK 911 Truth campaign and using this?

I dont know, but one thing I do know is that Politics is a dirty game and has no respect for truth!

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger the Horse wrote:

Basically New Labour and Conservative are buttocks on the same arse at the end of the day but a majority of the country are going to vote for someone and I'd much rather see Meacher in than Cameron, Brown, Clarke or Milliband.

I agree with that, Roger. I don't hold out much hope of Meacher becoming leader, but at least it gives everyone within the Labour Party a chance to air pro-peace and pro-environment sentiments and to show that there is an alternative to serving the matrix.

If we rubbish him publicly, we are rubbishing a LIHOP supporter of 911 truth. I have spent the past three years trying to persuade the various factions within this movement to work with each other (and yes that includes MIHOP, LIHOP and NPT). I am not about to side with an internal campaign to expell LIHOPpers from our ranks.

I was a LIHOPper originally but eventually decided that the evidence for MIHOP was overwhelming. If I can make that shift, so can others. The LIHOP line is frequently more initially digestible to the many who find it hard to believe that a government could deliberately kill thousands of its own people in order to start a war.

I have Michael Meacher to thank for getting me interested in this issue in the first place. It was reading his article in the Guardian in September 2003 which originally got me interested in the issue.

Noel
Roger the Horse
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xmasdale said;

'If we rubbish him publicly, we are rubbishing a LIHOP supporter of 911 truth. I have spent the past three years trying to persuade the various factions within this movement to work with each other (and yes that includes MIHOP, LIHOP and NPT). I am not about to side with an internal campaign to expell LIHOPpers from our ranks.
'

Agree with you completely Xmasdale. I was a MIHOP from the word go but was be extremely happy if anyone would even entertain the idea of LIHOP and continue to feel that way. Any small step in the right direction is still a positive as far as I'm concerned. It does my head in how so many people are prepared to jump in and pour scorn on people who don't agree with their views exactly.

QuitTheirClogs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has any other UK politician (current or former) had the courage to follow Michael Meacher’s lead on 9/11?

And, who is this Harry Perkins with his Screw Michael Meacher blog?

Pikey
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Has any other UK politician (current or former) had the courage to follow Michael Meacher’s lead on 9/11?

Every single UK MP has been provided with the details of 911 truth. In the autumn of 2005 James Stewart (911 Truth Blackpool) sent them details including a dvd copy of Loose change.

MP Norman Baker is asking questions about Dr David Kelly, not sure how
it stands with 911 truth. Other than that all the other MPs are stonewalling it.

Justin (911 Cumbria) has expended huge amounts of time and energy on the politicians with his outstanding top quality polite letters and consultations which the Cumbria group have accompanied him in support whenever possible.

He has continued communication on 911 truth with spineless Liberal MP Tim Farron since his election in May 2005 and to date sadly no progress has been made. Farron has taken no action.

Justin was intending to set up a surprise meeting at Tim Farron's Friday Asda surgery with William Rodrigez and Annie machon on the 9/2/07.

If that came off it would be interesting to read a report of the results here as well a report of the consultation with Michael Meacher by three dedicated and key UK 911 Truth campaign supporters who had travelled vast distances to meet at his Royton/Oldham constituency office.

I personally think we've reached the stage of our only option left, to name and shame these spineless MPs and top ranking media editors.

Peace, truth, respect and a Mason free society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaH-lGafwtE#
www.wholetruthcoalition.org
www.truthforum.co.uk
www.checktheevidence.com
www.newhorizonsstannes.com
www.tpuc.org
www.cpexposed.com
www.thebcgroup.org.uk
www.fmotl.com
Justin
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pikey said:

Quote:
Justin was intending to set up a surprise meeting at Tim Farron's Friday Asda surgery with William Rodrigez and Annie machon on the 9/2/07.

If that came off it would be interesting to read a report of the results here as well a report of the consultation with Michael Meacher by three dedicated and key UK 911 Truth campaign supporters who had travelled vast distances to meet at his Royton/Oldham constituency office.

Hi Pikey,

Thank you for your kind words - we did indeed have that meeting with Tim Farron and, on film thanks to Jon who has been filming hard during William's tour, Tim admitted he had real problems with the official account of what happened on 9/11. He listened intently to what William had to say and the outcome is that he has agreed to meet with some of us to have 'the bigger picture' explained. He is currently the Parliamentary Private Secretary to Mingus Campbell so he is climbing his own political career greasy pole. Norman Baker is by far the better bet as regards the LibDems - I'm hoping we might be able to get sponsorship to have a proper stand at their Autumn Conference in Brighton in September.

After spending over an hour with Michael Meacher late last year with Andrew (Johnson) and Annie, I just don't know what to make of him. I think we will just have to wait and see - it will be interesting if the Press highlight his Foreword to DRG in an effort to spike his popularity with his fellow MPs.

For your interest, a new email letter from the Campaign to all MPs (and MSPs, MEPs and Members of the Welsh Assembly) will be going out in March where they will be reminded quite forcibly, but politely, of their overriding obligation to seek out the truth. Many links to reliable 9/11 truth sites will be given, including William Rodriguez's talk to Radio Bristol during his last trip.

We are heading into uncharted waters now and the Campaign is definitely becoming much more interesting - we are being attacked and that is Gandhi's third stage to a successful campaign. The fourth and final stage, IMHO, is probably only a year away!

KBO

Justin

QuitTheirClogs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a guess, but perhaps Michael Meacher feels he’s gone as far as he can go without being pigeon holed as a “conspiracy theorist.”

Michael Meacher and Andreas von Bülow speak about 9/11, The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) and The New Pearl Harbor.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i2gGb6aajw

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq6kD4Cm8NU

Roger the Horse
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect you are bang on with that one QuitTheirClogs
Bongo
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin,

Quote:
We are heading into uncharted waters now and the Campaign is definitely becoming much more interesting - we are being attacked and that is Gandhi's third stage to a successful campaign. The fourth and final stage, IMHO, is probably only a year away!

I agree, In 5 years of promoting the truth, I have never experienced the high levels of awareness from the general public as I am now. Last night, for example, I was out at the pub and got talking to this guy about 9/11 and, He was telling me about building 7 Shocked ...that just would not have happened previously (Maybe the BBC Crocumentary is back-firing?).

We really are making major in-raods into the mainstream, but a word of caution, we still have a HUGE fight on our hands with the controlled media and there will be some low's as well as high's in the coming months and possibly years. But with effoorts such as your's, Justin, and many other good people, we can and WILL win. Wink
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger the Horse wrote:
....Basically New Labour and Conservative are buttocks on the same arse.....

You have a way with words, Roger.

Bullseye!.....plus nebulous, but very definite, added value.

Attempted edit:.........Help me out, there's got to be a better word than bullseye in this context. I'm having a sandwich.
Linda
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nasty Hazel Bleeeeeeeeeeears has thrown her hat in the ring now.

How on earth can anyone vote for that scumbag?
Sherlock Holmes
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: I'm voting Liberal, because I'm not a Liberal. Reply with quote

When I was at university I was known as a real 'Labour boy', or should that be 'Real Labour Boy'.

Anyay since 9/11, ID Cards, 7/7 and false flag terrorism came into my way of thinking that is over. Labour (whoever lead that party) is also over for my family and I hope over for the 3000-4000 people I have given truth DVDs to.
With the leaking of potential new false flag terrorist events by MI5/6 to the press (even today) and the tried and tested agenda of fear, divide and rule rearing it's ugly imperial head I've had a total change of political direction. They only have to find a few newly arrived criminal asylum seekers, deliquents, hot heads, fanatics and nuts (not ver difficult in this country) and then you add a provocateur here and there, the next thing you know you've got a new 7/7. They did it in NI for 30 plus years, ask Kevin Fulton, and Steak-Knife...

I'm voting Liberal, because I'm not a Liberal, and the media tells me that I should be voting either new Tory, new Labour or even BNP. And that makes perfect sense. Something a few years ago I could never have contemplated. I'm NOT A LIBERAL, and in this strange world of false flag terror where right is left, and up is down, it makes sense that I should vote Liberal. I'm voting for a Liberal democracy at home and UKIP when it comes to the European elections. To me that makes sense. I also know that there will be no revolution in this country apart from the one in people's own minds.

SOLIDARITY.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: