FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound Trax : Audio backdrops for the budding 9/11 film-maker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dog
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Sound Trax : Audio backdrops for the budding 9/11 film-maker Reply with quote

ipods at the ready:

(i) THE THE - Armageddon Days Are Here Again

"Are you ready, Jesus?; Buddah?; Mohammed?;...Well alright fellas, let's GO!!..."

(ii) JOE JACKSON - Right And Wrong

"Stop everything...; I think I hear the president....the pied piper of the TV screen...he's gonna make it simple....and he's got it all mapped-out and illustrated with cartoons....."

(iii) STING - Fragile

"If blood will flow, and flesh and steel are one.... lying in the colour of the evening sun
Tomorrow's rain will wash the tears away, but something in our minds will always stay
Perhaps this final act was meant - to clinch a lifetime's argument:
Nothing comes from violence, and nothing ever could..."
freddie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with using well known music in documentaries is you have to get permission. With the right approach I'm sure it would be possible to blag some decent music for free from someone pretty big.

If anyone is thinking of producing any kind of documentary about 7-7 or something in London then PM me as I have some sound technology experience and know some great musicians / composers who I'm sure I could get to write a whole score / soundscape if the project was worth it.

Also I know a guy with a great camera that he uses to shoot short films. Instead of hiring a good camera, this one comes with the guy who knows his stuff. He and a couple of other people can edit video well and I can edit audio so the offer is there if anyone is thinking about such a project.

---

As a side: that Sting lyric has stayed with me ever since that day because he actually played a private concert at his home in Tuscany on the evening of 9-11.

I watched the whole thing partly to get away from the looped footage of the attacks and also because at the time I was a music technology student and was in the middle of writing an arrangement for 'Englishman in New York' and was curious to hear this live version but they never played it - I guess even a mention of NY would have killed the gig.

Just thought I'd mention that the recording of that gig is brilliant - especially that version of 'fragile' - he flew in the best session players - for me it was a strange end to the day but I remember it feeling good to remind myself of the beautiful things like music after hours of nothing but horror.
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone thought about "The Eve of Destruction" by Barry NcGuire?

It's an 1960's peace anthem, but still pertinent now.

Annie

Dog
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think a guy who wrote this would object to it's use as a soundtrack to discrediting the White House........??

http://display.lyrics.astraweb.com:2000/display.cgi?the_the..mind_bomb ..armageddon_days_are_here_again

...doubt it, though I take your point.......some little record company weasel would see an opening for a buck, for sure.

But imagine the ensuing publicity of a law-suit which could follow it's illegal useage, if you get my meaning.
Dog
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things I think we all ( in the 9/11 truth community, that is..) often come across is how best to present what we believe to the un-initiated.

Or, "The Sleeping", as I like to call them.

Y'know.......that GLAZE !!!!

I've been "bleating on" about this for yonks and yonks and I've tried every conceivable line of approach to get the sleeping to wake...

I've tried gentle pillow-talk

Moderate reasoning

Lively discussions

Impassioned debate

HEATED debate

I've foamed at the mouth, once or twice, too......

I've handed out leaflets, stood on street corners, rallied in protest.....drove my truck (complete with P.A) among cop cars and 10,000+ protesters along Auckland's Queen Street; I've recommended books, hearings, news-channels, documentaries, videos....you name it.

I've puzzled some people, I've bored them, frightened them, alienated them, "saddened" them, alarmed them........

..and whilst I'm a huge fan of Alex Jones, Griffin, Dewdney, Jones et al and am in AWE of the work and effort they put into their productions; I think that sometimes these videos and written presentations can have a "glazing" effect on The Sleeping. Alex, for instance, is SO propelled by his conviction that it can become an avalanche of information;...pretty hard to digest when you're newly aroused....and to be honest, such is the volume of GREAT quality 9/11 Truth material in circulation at the moment; so much minute detail and breathtaking, unbelievable audacity, that from time to time, even MY eyes start to glaze a little.

I just think there's a gap in the market here for a punchy, direct yet not too complicated, introductive tool to get more of The Sleeping out of bed....they can ask the harder questions after their cornflakes!!

Loose Change 2 is about the best there is at the moment.....BRILLIANTLY done. But I still think, for the un-initiated, it's just TOO much to take in at once......

I'm POSITIVE that a video of the 9/11 atrocities..perhaps 30mins long..just short, sharp images with intermittent captions and highlighted visual indiscretions; accompanied by a well appointed, relevent soundtrack....an occasional voice over or archived news announcement.....just short, sharp, punchy bites.......could be REALLY useful in attracting more and more people to the plight. Something instantly accessible, awakening; and short enough to compel the viewer to probe further.

Incidentally, and to change tack a little, can anyone point me in the direction of some footage of the first "plane" to hit WTC?

Ta
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: New film Reply with quote

Hi George

Yes, there is a new, "introductory" film under production - in fact almost finished. While LC2 is brilliant, we found it too long for the first time viewer, so a team in the UK have been working on one which is about 30mins, with Dave Shayler doing the voiceover. Watch this space - it should be out next week.

Regards

Annie

Jane
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Double "glazing"!! Reply with quote

Quote:
One of the things I think we all ( in the 9/11 truth community, that is..) often come across is how best to present what we believe to the un-initiated.

Or, "The Sleeping", as I like to call them.

Y'know.......that GLAZE !!!!

Hi George

..."Spot On!" "that glaze" - I know it only too well... and there are SO MANY asleep..."The Sleeping" indeed! One thing I must say is that I have known that glazed over look for quite a while now and I recognised it before 9/11 ... I started to notice it when I suddenly woke up myself to the atrocity of war and the insanity of nuclear weapons (maybe I had that look in my eye - like black holes in the sky myself before this awakening!). But once I did start to wake up and get active, involved in the preservation of human life on this planet ...I saw that same glazed look in the eyes of the masses that I also see now I try and tell people about 9/11 - this is why I keep saying if anyone will "hear me" - don't let's "fall out" with genuine people, on the left or wherever they are, who have been trying to do their best to protest about the insanity of nuclear weapons, etc for years...just because many of them are somehow unable to perceive this further dimension that we can see ....i.e. that the same buggers who think up, create and use nuclear weapons (as is being discussed now re Iran - it is so insane I feel I must live in the land of the mad....) are also apparently "creating" the opportunities to use these and other weapons...by manipulating "The News" (i.e. bringing about 9/11 events etc) so as to, through some totally irrational and insane reasoning "justify" using these horrendous things upon other human beings... if the majority of people were sufficiently "awake" they would have been "awake" enough to have reacted against the use of nuclear bombs on Japan in WW2, the use of napalm bombs in Vietnam (and "Vietnam" in general) and so on, let alone what is happening in Iraq ... To me 9/11 is our "final chance" to change the course of events ...the road down which humanity is going down...need I say more?!

That "glazed look" George, Annie, anyone...how do we break through it?!

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

http://www.wytruth.org.uk/
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: No World Order Reply with quote

Perhaps this doesn't fit entirely comfortably with this thread but I felt the need to draw attention to the Todd Rundgren album, 'No World Order'.

I've been hunting it down for years and finally got hold of a copy a few weeks ago. Apart from the obvious subject matter, it was supposedly produced in such a way that the tracks should be heard in a random order. Unfortunately, my CD player makes a bit of a meal of this and it doesn't quite work.

However, that is not to detract from its content. The lyrics leave little doubt what this is about:

1. Worldwide Epiphany
2. No World Order
3. Worldwide Epiphany
4. Day Job
5. Property
6. Fascist Christ
7. Love Thing
8. Time Stood Still
9. Proactivity
10. No World Order
11. Worldwide Epiphany
12. Time Stood Still
13. Love Thing
14. Time Stood Still
15. Word Made Flesh
16. Fever Broke
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Neil Young Reply with quote

And let's not forget the forthcoming Neil Young album, 'Living With War'.

Having been a huge fan of Neil Young since the 70's, I almost lost faith that he would raise his head above the parapet, especially as he seemed to have taken the bait in his post 9/11 release, 'Let's Roll'.

There is no suggestion that he has been enlightened regarding 9/11 but the new album does not look short of dissent.
Frazzel
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: music more tracks wanted Reply with quote

i think its a good idea to compile a list of useful music relevant to 911 etc as music is a good way of getting our ideas across. Myabe we could hire somewher and do a TRUTH TRACKS NITE where we play em all whilst having LCHANGE 2 playing in another room nearby? good way to FUNDRAISE. ANY MORE TRACKS out there folks? Who knows of a good venue we could hire? Maybe for the 911 and 7/7 anniversaries?
some tracks
REM The End Of The World As We Know It.
Edwin Starr "War What Is It Good For"
Four Tops "For Gods Sake Give More Power To The People"
Public Enemy "Fight The Power", "Dont Believe The Hype"
Bob Dylan "Senor"
Bob Marley several tracks like "Get UpStand Up", "Guiltiness"
Twinkle Bros "Hypocrits"
Green Day "American Idiot"
Eminem "Like Toy Soldiers"

Frazzel
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: please contact me re musicians to do some songs. frazzel Reply with quote

freddie wrote:
The problem with using well known music in documentaries is you have to get permission. With the right approach I'm sure it would be possible to blag some decent music for free from someone pretty big.

If anyone is thinking of producing any kind of documentary about 7-7 or something in London then PM me as I have some sound technology experience and know some great musicians / composers who I'm sure I could get to write a whole score / soundscape if the project was worth it.

Also I know a guy with a great camera that he uses to shoot short films. Instead of hiring a good camera, this one comes with the guy who knows his stuff. He and a couple of other people can edit video well and I can edit audio so the offer is there if anyone is thinking about such a project.

---

As a side: that Sting lyric has stayed with me ever since that day because he actually played a private concert at his home in Tuscany on the evening of 9-11.

I watched the whole thing partly to get away from the looped footage of the attacks and also because at the time I was a music technology student and was in the middle of writing an arrangement for 'Englishman in New York' and was curious to hear this live version but they never played it - I guess even a mention of NY would have killed the gig.

Just thought I'd mention that the recording of that gig is brilliant - especially that version of 'fragile' - he flew in the best session players - for me it was a strange end to the day but I remember it feeling good to remind myself of the beautiful things like music after hours of nothing but horror.

Frazzel
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: More on Music and freddie Reply with quote

I think we should get these musicians freddie mentions and get a 911 7/7 truth cd full of song that we all collaborate on. Then we could get them to perform on an open truck on relevant demo's such as anti-war, civil liberties, 911 7/7 etc. We could sell the cd's to help raise some funds. What do you think freddie?
Dog
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: The Needle and the Damage About to be Done Reply with quote

Flamesong.....eternal thanks for that Neil Young tip.....this is HUGE!!

Hot on the heels of the good Charlie Sheen's high profile stand comes the revelation that Neil Young has shaken off his temporary madness of support for the Patiot Act and has seen the light..............

It's great to hear all of your tune recommendations....some stuff which is new to me (Thanks Freddie, Annie, Frazzel.....) and to Jane: (re: how do we cut through this glaze?)

MUSIC

....THAT'S HOW!!

And cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Neil Young's "Living With War" is on the eve of release.

Next Friday (April 28th) sees the release of streaming....visit the official website at www.neilyoung.com (spankin' format!!)

PLEASE.....watch Flamesong's link to the interview.

In response to the interviewer's somewhat retarded question;

"...this music...it's already caused a stir, right? You've got one song that's called "Let's Impeach The President." What's that all about?"

HUH??!!

Following a trademark pregnant pause, the laconic singer offers:

"....er, well,; It's a song that pretty much follows the title; just with a bunch of reasons.....

........It's a long song!"

This guy has trans-generation appeal

Songs among the ten tracks have titles such as;

"Shock and Awe'

"Lookin' For A Leader"

"Families"

"Let's Impeach The President"

Keep this music thread going......it's got legs!!

And I can't help thinking that if we collectively chose twenty songs, that ten would come from Neil Young's "Living With War".

Exciting times are ahead.
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Terrorist Activity - Captain Wardrobe Reply with quote

Might I also suggest 'Terrorist Activity' by Captain Wardrobe:

http://www.wardrobe.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/moosic/ta.html

I remember Captain Wardrobe (Paul Cobbin/Cobbin Paul) disappearing for a week last year. When he came back he told me he had made an album. I immediately downloaded it and stuck it on my iPod. I didn't stop listening to it for days. He really captures the zeitgeist. I recommend it very highly to anybody on the truth trail.
Dog
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: more from Matt Johnson Reply with quote

again, from The The's "Mindbomb"

(note; released 1989) features Johnny Marr, I believe...

The Beat(en) Generation

When you cast your eyes upon the skyline of this
Once proud nation
D'ya sense the fear; the hatred
Growing in the hearts of it's population

Oh you've, grown used, to being seduced
By the greedy hands of politics and half-truths

The beaten generation, the beaten generation
Reared on a diet of predjudice and misinformation
The beaten generation, the beaten generation
Open your eyes, open your imagination

We're being sedated by the gasoline fumes
And hypnotised by the satellites
Into believing what is good and
What is right

You may be worshipping the temples of mammon
Or lost in the prisons of religion
But can you still walk back to happiness
When you've nowhere left to run?

They're sending the Special Police
To deliver us from evil, and keep us from peace
And won't the words sit ill upon their tongues
When they tell us that justice is being done
And freedom lives in the barrel
Of a warm gun.

www.thethe.com

...and I CANNOT recommend enough, an album that has remained with me since 1984, "Big World" by Joe Jackson.......more relevant and touching with each passing year....just MINDBLOWING!!

Oh Yeah....."Shipbuilding", by Robert Wyatt.....incredibly poignant....
Uma
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also had lots of difficulties trying to talk about 9/11 with people close to me. Mostly they are polite to me but I don't seem to make much progress. One thing I used to do a lot, around about the time of the invasion into Iraq > was, when my friends came around, I would turn the terrible images of bombed market places, bomb-riddled night skies and wailing, grieving women on the news to about half volume and play Imagine by John Lennon over the top. I don't know that I managed to get them to look any deeper into Sept. 11th, but it certainly had the effect of making them see the news in a much more of a human light. I know it's a well-worn song, but it makes for a very eerie experience. Music can sometimes be a very powerful medium.
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Imagine Reply with quote

Hi Uma

Welcome to the forum. We all face the problem of friends and sometimes loved ones thinking we have gone crazy.

I have found the best antidote to that is to show them a 9/11 movie (Loose Change 2 is probably the best around so far). Sometimes people say they can't be bothered to look at a movie about such crazy ideas. You can pre-empt that by explaining you really wish someone who thinks you are crazy would actually examine the evidence because otherwise you invariably find yourself arguing with someone who is prepared to dismiss the evidence without ever having looked at it. Assure your friend that you will take on board their contention that you have gone crazy if they will only look at the evidence and produce an informed reasoned argument that you are demented. Smile

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Noel
Bouncy Castle
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Roy Harper ... not that Lennon bloke Reply with quote

Roy Harper, Flat Baroque and Berserk, 1970
Highly recommend track 2: The White Man
It's a bit dated but all the better for it.
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A similar thread to be aware of

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=405
http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=986
Dog
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Mornin' Blighty !

Just a small reminder folks, that Neil Young's new album "Living With War" is now streaming via his website www.neilyoung.com

and just a quick tip o' the hat to everyone at this forum for all you contribute......I admire you all, sincerely......with each new post comes a different angle and a fresh opportunity to readjust our perception of true reality.... thanks...muchas gracias!!

Don't know about you, but I often wonder if I'll have the grace to forgive my detractors when the truth is finally out.....I hope, and furthermore I think, so......
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Neil Young - Living With War Reply with quote

Just heard it.

Musically, nearer 'Ragged Glory' or 'Mirror Ball' than 'Freedom' or 'Rust Never Sleeps'. Lyrically, probably not going to provide a 9/11 Truth Anthem but nonetheless a comprehensive attack on the Bush regime with some extremely scathing lines. Highlight, perhaps a series of Bush soundbites punctuated by yells of 'lie!'

Whilst Neil Young does not have universal appeal, he has an enormous (if somewhat cult) following and I imagine that the success of this album may be something of a barometer of dissent. Neil Youngs albums normally enjoy an initial spike which ought to be long enough to hook into the wider audience.

To hear it free of charge, it is as simple as clicking on the link to his site - it will play almost immediately and loop as long as the window remains open:

http://www.neilyoung.com

The lyrics can be read at:

http://www.neilyoung.com/lww/lww.html
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Neil Young - Living With War Reply with quote

Just found this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4915672.stm
Uma
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: pink Reply with quote

Hi

http://www.artsinside.com/player.php?tracknumber=651512

Have any of you heard the song by Pink and the Indigo Sisters? I've only vaguely heard of Pink and I just imagined it would be all girly-pop sorta stuff but I heard their song Dear Mr President today and was amazed. It is really very, very good. It's about an imaginary walk with the president and all the questions you would ask him etc.. I love the line that goes "I can only imagine what the first lady has to say > you've come a long way from whisky and cocaine" This would make a great number 1 !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: