FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making 9-11 our 'landscape'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kookomula
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Making 9-11 our 'landscape' Reply with quote

After 9-11 we saw the footage of houses all over America with the flag flying in the front garden. Well, I am in the process of designing a banner which I am going to hang from my 1st floor window on a fairly busy street, advertising this and the loose change website along with other information. Would anybody else like to join me in creating a landscape which informs and confronts? If you have a garden, maybe a placard.
freddie
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely,

I'm waiting for my flatmates to get me the wood and paints from their art school so we can make a board to put on our tiny 1st floor balcany. Although I live on a pretty quiet road, our flat is above a row of shops/cafes and hundreds of people stop there each day to pick up sarnies etc.. might get a little discussion going with all the builders that pass by.

My only thoughts have been on the legality of it - I mean I know you can have a sticker or whatever in your window you can but could the old bill stop you in any way? - There is a station just round the corner so lots of police pass by my window and I really don't need the agro from them or the council - Anyone know the score on this?
kookomula
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a Police station at the top of my street as well. I'm pretty sure there couldn't be anything illegal about it. They advertise school fetes on real estate boards in front gardens it can't be any different to that.

I will also try and persuade my sister to do the same she lives in a 'prime location' just by Wood Green underground station.
kookomula
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just spoken to a friend who did something similar and he seems to think that the only hassle you could get would be from your landlord/lady and wouldn't be a police matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Campaigning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: