FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBC Announced WTC7 COLLAPSE before it happened! smoking gun
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2007/02/part_of_the_conspiracy.h tml

Can you help the BBC out here guys. They seem to be struggling to provide anything approaching an adequate explanation for their mistake

Ignatz? Anyone?
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's saying read both sides of the story, like we do. You are not getting both sides of the story, you are getting the official story as told to you by conspiracy websites.
"could it be that ww2 and the extermination of jewish people was planned as a way of creating a race of people who it would be difficult to blame for anything, a cover race for the illuminati?" - a quote NOT from the 'controversial theories' section.
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you help the BBC out here guys. They seem to be struggling to provide anything approaching an adequate explanation for their mistake
They said they made a mistake. What kind of evidence do you think can be produced to back up someone on camera making a mistake?

You are acting like it is unheard of for people speaking live on television to get things wrong.

You guys are making yourselves look desperate. Why don't you pool all the money you are spending on infowars subscriptions and spend it hiring a structural engineer, or a demolitions expert, or someone with relevant skill, to do some actual analysis? Why don't you go to your local university or college and ask if you can speak to someone in the engineering faculty?

Why do you spend so much time watching google videos when for the last five years it has got you absolutely nowhere?

"could it be that ww2 and the extermination of jewish people was planned as a way of creating a race of people who it would be difficult to blame for anything, a cover race for the illuminati?" - a quote NOT from the 'controversial theories' section.
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
SHERITON HOTEL wrote:

Who was the fireman/woman whose firefighter instincts led him/her(thank you mother) to predict the time wtc7 would collapse, almost symetrically CD style measured faster than gravity(911 eye witness dvd)over the first 100 metres of its fall, down to a 10-9-8...countdown (I'm reliably ............. switches on the alarm and skidaddles all the way to NIST house and we can, at long last, effect closure to all this WTC7 a-wondering and a-pondering!

Sorry, this whole thing makes me naturally boorish and fascetious(sp?).

Thank you for responding.

I have not the slightest clue what your response means, are you sure it relates to anything of mine you have quoted?

What bit are you having trouble with? that piece seems to have been clipped,my original was longer. This is ironic, I more often tan not find myself scratching my head at your postings wondering exactly where you are coming from.
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepik wrote:
He's saying read both sides of the story, like we do. You are not getting both sides of the story, you are getting the official story as told to you by conspiracy websites.

I check thıngs for myself

WTC 1 2 and 7 were controlled demolıtıons

1) free-fall gravıtatıonal acceleratıon observed (I measured them myself)
2) symmetrıcal collapses (cannot be denıed)

each poınt alone ıs damnıng. Now multıply them

Only outstandıng questıons are

What dıd they use?
Who were they?

Belıef ıs the enemy of truth

pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you've convinced yourself. However, that isn't very exciting.

Don't forget, you can convince yourself and then tune out contrary information forever, nobody will ever be able to force you to admit how stupid your theories are.

But what the point of living out your life happy in the knowledge that nobody has convinced you your little theories are wrong? Who cares! Either you are going to do something or convince other people, or you're going to do nothing. And convincing other people isn't going to be very easy if your argument is "based on my total lack of any expertise even remotely related to engineering, I have watched google videos and concluded it was definitely 100% a CD".

Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:
SHERITON HOTEL wrote:

Who was the fireman/woman whose firefighter instincts led him/her(thank you mother) to predict the time wtc7 would collapse, almost symetrically CD style measured faster than gravity(911 eye witness dvd)over the first 100 metres of its fall, down to a 10-9-8...countdown (I'm reliably ............. switches on the alarm and skidaddles all the way to NIST house and we can, at long last, effect closure to all this WTC7 a-wondering and a-pondering!

I have not the slightest clue what your response means, are you sure it relates to anything of mine you have quoted?

It means that he has trouble reconciling:
a) the undeniable fact that firefighters were expecting the building to collapse owing to the damage it had sustained and the fire that had burnt for several hours, to
b) his belief that only controlled demolition can account for the collapse of the building.

He therefore makes some vaguely sceptical and largely incomprehensible comment, and moves on. No need to worry about evidence and logic, they are a bit too hard-edged, let's have a quick facetious posting and move quickly on, before any doubt creeps in.

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHERITON HOTEL

Yes, your posting was longer, however I always clip where possible to reduce the amount I respond with, you don't need to have your previous post in its complete form as it appears just above, otherwise the thread is 20x longer than it needs to be.

I particularly admire the playing of the 'Your threads are often difficult to understand too' card. I simply didn't understand what you wrote, it wasn't meant to be offensive.

However, I would like to make a point to the critics.

Naturally everyone has to accept that people make mistakes, this is a given. However, every critic refuses to address this howling 'error' of reporting before the event and the information's origins given the BBC's response;

1) Richard Porter’s 'response clearly states;

‘We didn't get told in advance that buildings were going to fall down.’

This is blatantly incorrect for the obvious reasons, or it did not stem from a third party and they simply made the story up.

2) The archived footage has been ‘lost’?

Does this not strike you as being incredibly odd? This is carefully stored in secure temperature controlled facilities not stuck in a shoebox in someone’s garage behind the tumble drier.

And for those who keep typing ‘Stanley’ – it is StanDley’.

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
A Sharp Major
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

Location: In the van with the blacked out windows, parked outside your home.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although not a New Yorker I've had several extended work related stays in NYC. I'd never heard WTC 7 referred to as the 'Solomon Building', but then, I'd never heard it referred to as anything. People don't talk about buildings much unless they are iconic. Empire State, (WTC was always thought of as just the twin towers), Chrysler Building, Woolworth Building.

It isn't likely that the woman or the studio anchor were sufficiently familiar with the skyline. If the latter was, he'd be saying, 'no it hasn't collapsed....look behind you', would he not?

Yes, WTC 7 is still standing in the clip, but like most if not all of you, I didn't know what it was called until 9/11 and I lived in NYC at the time. The BBC cocked up. Communication failure, excitement, fear, lack of local knowledge.

I recall a UK newspaper reporting a successful rescue of North Sea divers who were already dead. Jumping the gun, getting it wrong? This is the media we're talking about.

http://www.screwloosechange.blogspot.com/
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
every critic refuses to address this howling 'error' of reporting before the event
Again, how do you address the idea that people make mistakes on live television? They do. What is there to say about it?
Quote:
Does this not strike you as being incredibly odd?
Yes, this seems incredibly lame. For one, in the digital age is that all there is? A tape in a box somewhere? And for two, this is historically and commercially valuable footage. I'm surprised it has not been requested over and over again in recent years.

But I'm hard pressed to find a way to interpret this as conspiratorial.

SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
telecasterisation wrote:
SHERITON HOTEL wrote:

It means that he has trouble reconciling:
a) the undeniable fact that firefighters were expecting the building to collapse owing to the damage it had sustained and the fire that had burnt for several hours, to
b) his belief that only controlled demolition can account for the collapse of the building.

He therefore makes some vaguely sceptical and largely incomprehensible comment, and moves on. No need to worry about evidence and logic, they are a bit too hard-edged, let's have a quick facetious posting and move quickly on, before any doubt creeps in.

Wrong Bushwacker, your '911 commission report fundermentalist zealotry' seem to eff up your mindreading powers! I was just suggesting the NYFD firefighter who employed his/her considerable nouse about steel framed buildings collapsing CD style from fires predicting the collapse (maybe he/she was watching BBC world?)should consult NIST who have unsuccessfully grappled with the collapse of WTC7 for going on 6 years now.
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHERITON HOTEL wrote:
I was just suggesting the NYFD firefighter who employed his/her considerable nouse about steel framed buildings collapsing CD style from fires predicting the collapse (maybe he/she was watching BBC world?)should consult NIST who have unsuccessfully grappled with the collapse of WTC7 for going on 6 years now.

All right, let us take it as a serious comment.
First of all it was not just one firefighter, there are quotes from any number. There are even quotes from civilians who saw that the building was distorting, and looked dangerous.
Secondly, why do you assume that they knew in what way it would collapse? Is there any evidence that they did?
Thirdly, NIST made a deliberate decision to concentrate on the towers first and then move on to WTC7, rather than take on additional staff to deal with both projects simultaneously. WTC7 was a very complex building, owing to being built partly over the ConEd substation. Both of these reasons mean that the investigation has been delayed.
Fourthly, NIST are concerned with finding the exact mechanism of collapse, to see if lessons can be learnt for the construction of future buildings. The firefighters had no concern with that, they simply could see that there was a danger of collapse, the building had already been evacuated, so their main concern was their own and their colleagues' safety.

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepik

You have only quoted and attempted to answer half my point:

I said,

Quote:
every critic refuses to address this howling 'error' of reporting before the event and the information's origins given the BBC's response;

The point being, the BBC say;

‘We didn't get told in advance that buildings were going to fall down.’

I have clearly identified that people are prone to making mistakes but are you suggesting that the BBC heard that a building was on fire and just decided to report it had collapsed? I don't understand your logic as this is not a 'mistake', as one way or another it is a lie - they either got the information from a third party and blabbed it too early, or they made it up based upon what? Remember though;

'We didn't get told in advance that buildings were going to fall down.’

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and email the guy if you continue to be confused.

I can't tell you what other people meant. I think he was saying they didn't have an official announcement. Someone gave the reporter bad information, it could have been anyone on the scene at the time, one of their own people passing rumours and stories from other news crews on the scene or from anybody, a chinese whispers type thing. I doubt these people would have known WTC 7 from WTC 3 from WTC 5 from 30 Broadway. I took classes for two years in WTC 1 and I didn't know which buildings were which.

The point is this is not the only time news crews reporting live on a crisis have got things wrong. There isn't going to be a paper trail behind every word television news crews say on location during live coverage of an event like 911.

Batrabill
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of you thruthers seem to have the faintest idea how the media works. But you all seem really sure about your conclusions.

Here is how it happens.

Virtually nothing newsy you see on the telly hasn't come from the Wires. The wire services are things like AP, Reuters etc. There are dozens of reputable ones, and probably hundreds of lesser ones. Most countries have a raft of them. Some are totally wild and untrustworthy.

In large organisations there is a clear hierachy of trust. Stuff that is on AP is taken to have been fact-checked to some degree. Partly because since everyone is looking at it all the time errors get corrected very fast.
Others would not be believed until a critical mass was reached or the same story cropped up on one of the big ones.

When something big happens there is a blizzard of wire stories. Many will turn out to be wrong to some degree. In news they spend a great deal of time judging what is reliable and what isn't, because they look stupid if they get it wrong. You will hear phrases like "the X wire service is reporting..." which is covering their backs if it turns out to be wrong.

One of the problems with news is that for news people it isn't 'news' until it's on the Wires.

Most rolling news programmes are putting out stuff from the wires which they then check, add to, or work up in their own ways. The journalism is mostly done by people outside the big news organisations, although they usually check and get quotes.

If it was reported that 7 had fallen down then it is REALLY REALLY likely that it was taken from a wire story.

I think if you were able to research all the wires from 9/11 you would find countless erroneous stories, or opinion presented as fact.

The failure here is most likely that the WT7 story got on a wire service and was then put out without the proper checking. If the tape is correct (and not either a fake or a blue-screen set up - which doesn't seen likely) then the people concerned have not much idea what they are talking about.

So, if you wanted to get false stories out you would get them on the wire services and hope they get picked up. If there was a conspiracy and they decided they wanted to release information, this is what they would have tried to do.

This also goes some way to all the stuff here about people reading from the same scripts. In news you often don't know that much so you tend to stick to the wording on the wires - it's safer.

But, it seems self-evident to me that this is one of the many erroneous stories that got out that day.

You are all so condemning of the BBC about this.

Do you forget what it was like that day? Perhaps some of you were too young.

This was quite the most extraordinary day in my living memory. It was evident that the world had changed forever. The TV channels were suddenly broadcasting non-stop.

The BBC made an error. Big Deal. Dylan Avery made numerous errors in his documentary and he had the luxury of time. He wasn't broadcasting live while the world went to hell.

I can't prove it was a simple error based on a false story, but the balance of probabilities is so far in favour of that explanation that, for me, the alternative would require some evidence.

Still pretty confused by this question..

If you are going to blow up a building, why would you want to tell anyone in advance??
SHERITON HOTEL
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
SHERITON HOTEL wrote:
I was just suggesting the NYFD firefighter who employed his/her considerable nouse about steel framed buildings collapsing CD style from fires predicting the collapse (maybe he/she was watching BBC world?)should consult NIST who have unsuccessfully grappled with the collapse of WTC7 for going on 6 years now.

All right, let us take it as a serious comment.
First of all it was not just one firefighter, there are quotes from any number. There are even quotes from civilians who saw that the building was distorting, and looked dangerous.
Secondly, why do you assume that they knew in what way it would collapse? Is there any evidence that they did?
Thirdly, NIST made a deliberate decision to concentrate on the towers first and then move on to WTC7, rather than take on additional staff to deal with both projects simultaneously. WTC7 was a very complex building, owing to being built partly over the ConEd substation. Both of these reasons mean that the investigation has been delayed.
Fourthly, NIST are concerned with finding the exact mechanism of collapse, to see if lessons can be learnt for the construction of future buildings. The firefighters had no concern with that, they simply could see that there was a danger of collapse, the building had already been evacuated, so their main concern was their own and their colleagues' safety.

Perhaps I was mistaken, your '911 Commission report fundermentalist zealotry' could not have been a factor here as the 911 commission ommitted to investigate the collapse of WTC7 as part of its terms of reference, the CD style collapse of a 47 story building in the same complex 8 hours after an alleged terrorist attack somehow not worthy of their scrutiny. Who predicted the CD style collapse of 7 and have they been in consultation with NIST? It make you wonder why NIST are now entertaining the controlled demolition WTC7 hypothesis.

No one knows the definitive truth about 9/11 not me nor you BW, they won't have a proper enquiry for reasons better known to themselves. Does it not concern you that you may turn out to have been an apologist for high treasonous mass murderers?
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Who predicted the CD style collapse of 7 and have they been in consultation with NIST?
WHO SAID THEY PREDICTED ANY "STYLE"? Are you just going to keep repeating this even when it is pointed out to you over and over how stupid it sounds? They predicted a collapse. Two buildings had already collapsed. This one looked unstable. So they thought it might collapse.

What do you think the fire chief when heard it might collapse? "What style of collapse?"

Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the media never makes mistakes....

Quote:
Nancy Allen: the RoboCop actress was reported on Internet Movie Database to have died of a cerebral hemorrhage in Florida on October 12, 2006. Allen herself refuted the claim.

Pope Benedict XV, whose pneumonia in January 1922 caused worldwide expectation of his impending death. His death was prematurely announced by a New York newspaper with the front-page headline "Pope Benedict XV is dead", followed by a later edition headlined "Pope has remarkable recovery." However, the Pope did subsequently die of the illness on January 22

Lucien Bouchard: the former Quebec premier (who had been seriously ill) was reported dead by CTV in September 2005. The station began broadcasting a live tribute to the politician, but cut it short with a sheepish confirmation that he was in fact alive and well, blaming Radio-Canada for the error. CTV and Radio-Canada continued to blame each other thereafter

Joe DiMaggio (baseball player), broadcast by NBC in January 1999 as a text report running along the bottom of the television screen. The text, which DiMaggio saw himself, had been pre-prepared following newspaper reports that DiMaggio was near death, and was transmitted when a technician pressed the wrong button.

Bob Hope, twice (perhaps due to his great longevity). In both cases a pre-written obituary of the entertainer was accidentally published on a news web site:
1. In 1998 his obituary appeared on the Associated Press web site, leading to the announcement of his death in the United States House of Representatives, broadcast live on CSPAN.[30]
2. In the 2003 CNN.com incident. Hope's draft obituary, which had used the Queen Mother's as a template, described him as 'Queen Consort' and the 'UK's favorite grandmother'

James Earl Jones (voice of Darth Vader): in 1998 the actor was erroneously pronounced dead on the radio by a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball commentator when James Earl Ray, Martin Luther King's assassin, died

Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother's death was erroneously announced in the Australian media in 1993 after a London-based Sky News employee saw an internal rehearsal for her future death (one of many conducted by the UK media over the years). Thinking it was for real, he phoned his mother in Australia with the 'news', who passed it on to the media.[56] The time zone difference may have made it difficult for the Australian media to check the story during UK night-time. The employee was sacked for the mistake, but then won a tribunal for wrongful dismissal

* Mark Twain: on two occasions the writer was erroneously feared dead, though it appears that in neither case was a report published stating categorically that he was dead:

1. In 1897 a journalist was sent to enquire after Twain's health, thinking he was near to death; in fact it was his cousin who was very ill. Though (contrary to popular belief) no obituary was published, Twain recounted the event in the New York Journal of June 2, 1897, including his famous words "The report of my death is an exaggeration" (which is usually misquoted).[73][74][75]
2. On May 4, 1907, when people lost track of a yacht he was travelling on, the New York Times published an article saying he might have been lost at sea.[76] In fact, the yacht had been held up by fog, and Twain had disembarked. Twain read the article, and cleared up the story by writing a humorous account in the New York Times the following day

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. - Umberto Eco
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Pixels wrote:
Because the media never makes mistakes....

Quote:
Nancy Allen: the RoboCop actress was reported on Internet Movie Database to have died of a cerebral hemorrhage in Florida on October 12, 2006. Allen herself refuted the claim.

Pope Benedict XV, whose pneumonia in January 1922 caused worldwide expectation of his impending death. His death was prematurely announced......................

2. On May 4, 1907, when people lost track of a yacht he was travelling on, the New York Times published an article saying he might have been lost at sea.[76] In fact, the yacht had been held up by fog, and Twain had disembarked. Twain read the article, and cleared up the story by writing a humorous account in the New York Times the following day

No, it isn't about mistakes. The issue is about avoidance. The SOURCE of the information has been avoided.

The BBC responded and it was well within Mr Porter's power to view the suspect footage and act to defuse the controversy in a calm, factual way. Instead he chose an uncharacteristic aggressive stance. He also claims the footage has been 'lost'?!

Forget all this 'mistake' nonsense - the examples above have no bearing to this incident whatsoever - the BBC are waffling and floundering, and the response that could have done a lot great deal to help diffuse this situation was instead replaced by one that is seemingly written to simply inflame it more.

This is a truly bizarre state of affairs and no matter how the critics attempt to 'play it down', the whole affair is very very difficult to explain away;

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

23 minutes before the building actually collapsed;

Speaking from London, BBC World News anchorman Philip Hayton says, "We've got some news coming in – the Salomon Brothers Building in New York, right in that part of Manhattan, also has collapsed. And it does seem as if there now is another one with the Salomon Brothers Building collapsing. We've got no word yet on casualties, one assumes that the building would have been virtually deserted."

The collapse is noted again in the top-of-the-hour headlines, and Hayton gives a longer report at 5:10pm.

Significantly, the details are now revised, indicating Hayton has been given new information in the meantime: "Now more on the latest building collapse," he says. "You might have heard a few minutes ago I was talking about the Salomon Brothers Building collapsing, and indeed it has… It seems that this was not the result of a new attack, it was because the building had been weakened in this morning's attacks." Thus Hayton is not only reporting on an event still 10 minutes into the future, but also accurately conveying how the authorities would explain that event, both then and for the next five years. He then introduces a live report from the network's New York correspondant, Jane Standley.

Standley is seen in front of a window as smoke rises from the destroyed World Trade Center about 10 to 20 blocks behind her. WTC 7 is clearly visible on the right side of the shot, although she shows no sign she was in any way familiar with the building. She admits to Hayton that she only knows what he has already reported, then speaks for about a minute on the 9/11 events generally, before Hayton again asks about possible casualties at WTC 7. Again, she cannot say.

Their exchange on other matters continues, with WTC 7 visible in the background until 5:14pm, when the feed from New York suddenly turns shaky and goes dead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

All well BEFORE the building actually collapses. Where did the detail come from???????

Johnny Pixels
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:

No, it isn't about mistakes. The issue is about avoidance. The SOURCE of the information has been avoided.

And you can prove the BBC knows what the source is?

You do realise that there are people who sit in newsrooms watching other TV channels to pick up on news stories and leads? Sources aren't things that are concrete and constant. Sources are often rumours.

Quote:
The BBC responded and it was well within Mr Porter's power to view the suspect footage and act to defuse the controversy in a calm, factual way. Instead he chose an uncharacteristic aggressive stance. He also claims the footage has been 'lost'?!

Because the BBC never loses anything? In the grand scale of things to look after, a BBC World live news feed isn't anywhere near the top.

He has responded, it was a mistake.

Quote:
Forget all this 'mistake' nonsense - the examples above have no bearing to this incident whatsoever - the BBC are waffling and floundering, and the response that could have done a lot great deal to help diffuse this situation was instead replaced by one that is seemingly written to simply inflame it more.

The mistakes I posted show how even when given ample time for research, people still make mistakes. Rolling news does its research as it broadcasts, there is little time to check facts.

Quote:
This is a truly bizarre state of affairs and no matter how the critics attempt to 'play it down', the whole affair is very very difficult to explain away;

Announcing the death of the still living pope and then having to retract it is a bizarre state of affairs, yet no-one is claiming the paper was in on a plot to murder the pope, and the "press release" went out early on that one. Why not? What makes the BBC and 9/11 special? It's EXACTLY the same occurence, but one means conspiracy and the other is accepted as a mistake. Why do truthers have double standards?

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. - Umberto Eco
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is already known that information was circulating that WC7 could collapse. This must have been reaching news teams on the ground by word of mouth. How hard would it be for this be to misunderstood as having collapsed? All kinds of bad information got out on and after 911, some of it ("the hijackers are still alive" being but one example among many) still circulating as conspiracy theory "fact". In fact Loose Change mostly consists of this kind of thing.

And again, what exactly would you expect a reporter speaking live on location to have to back up what they say? What are you expecting the BBC to produce? You already have the video, what more is there?

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepik wrote:
It is already known that information was circulating that WC7 could collapse. This must have been reaching news teams on the ground by word of mouth. How hard would it be for this be to misunderstood as having collapsed? All kinds of bad information got out on and after 911, some of it ("the hijackers are still alive" being but one example among many) still circulating as conspiracy theory "fact". In fact Loose Change mostly consists of this kind of thing.

And again, what exactly would you expect a reporter speaking live on location to have to back up what they say? What are you expecting the BBC to produce? You already have the video, what more is there?

the bbc deny being told in advance in their statement.
how can you know the reasons when the bbc has not stated who they got the information from but deny what you are saying in their statement?
if truthers are guilty of jumping to conclusions then critics are just as guilty.
Serge
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepik wrote:
Yes, you've convinced yourself. However, that isn't very exciting.

Don't forget, you can convince yourself and then tune out contrary information forever, nobody will ever be able to force you to admit how stupid your theories are.

But what the point of living out your life happy in the knowledge that nobody has convinced you your little theories are wrong? Who cares! Either you are going to do something or convince other people, or you're going to do nothing. And convincing other people isn't going to be very easy if your argument is "based on my total lack of any expertise even remotely related to engineering, I have watched google videos and concluded it was definitely 100% a CD".

You have convinced yourself you are right. Therefore making you a hypocrite. You are therefore the bigger fool than you believe yourself to be. Rolling Eyes

Serge
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepik wrote:

You are the conspiracy theorist. The truthers are telling the truth. I have had my fill of fools like you, so I wont refrain from letting your ilk get it in the neck.

Wake up from your hypnosis induced coma for once in your life, and that goes for the rest of the halfwit fruitcases who cannot see the truth.

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
marky 54 wrote:

why were drills being run on the exact same day simulating planes being crashed into the WTC's according to bush and co it was unexpected what happened on 9/11.

can you work out the chance of this drill being run on the same day it happens, maybe then that will give you a rough estimate as to why a lot of people dont trust what they have been told as this is just counting one coincidance and not the numerous others.

i think you will find the chances of the drill and attack happening on the same day are extreme, i might have more chance of winning the jackpot to myself on the lottery.

If there were drills running on the exact same day simulating planes being crashed into the WTC, it is the first I have heard of it. Please provide some reference, because I think you have got confused.

its all refered to in this video, there is proberbly more sources to it but i cannot be arsed its not like like you'd listen or take any of it seriously anyway, but i am just proving that it is being said and i am NOT confused.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4429289437231286745&q=9%2F11

go to 46.38 into the video to hear that the CIA were running drills on that exact morning, which was information from their website as far as im aware.

and then to 48.40 to hear a ABC news report on how norad had been running drills for 2 years prior to 9/11 followed by bush lieing.....again.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

correction from above the norad drills it says were being run in the 2 years b4 9/11, not 2 years prior.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosh anyother correction the information for the CIA drills was'nt from their website it was a press release.

anyway if you watch the video at the times i gave this will be apparent.
EmptyBee
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first saw this footage I was pretty stunned, but then I wasn't aware that there had been much forewarning of the collapse of WTC7 circulated. It's clear now with the CNN, BBC News 24 and BBC World footage that there was not only an anticipation of a collapse on the ground, but anticipation in the newsrooms as well, to the extent that when the collapse was finally broken on CBS Byron Pitts, CBS News correspondent said:
Quote:
"About an hour ago, World Trade Center building number 7 collapsed. ... It was the one calamity that was not a surprise. Police had evacuated the area hours ago, fearful building number 7 would indeed fall down."

In fact the place was evacuated before midday.
Quote:
According to Captain Michael Currid, the sergeant at arms for the Uniformed Fire Officers Association, some time after the collapse of the North Tower, he sees four or five fire companies trying to extinguish fires in Building 7 of the WTC. Someone from the city’s Office of Emergency Management tells him that WTC 7 is in serious danger of collapse. Currid says, “The consensus was that it was basically a lost cause and we should not lose anyone else trying to save it.” Along with some others, he goes inside WTC 7 and yells up the stairwells to the fire fighters, “Drop everything and get out!” [Murphy, 2002, pp. 175-176] However, other accounts contradict this, claiming that no attempt is made to fight the fires in WTC 7 (see (11:30 a.m.) September 11, 2001). One report later claims, “Given the limited water supply and the first strategic priority, which was to search for survivors in the rubble, FDNY did not fight the fires [in WTC 7].” [Fire Engineering, 9/2002] And a 2002 government report says, “the firefighters made the decision fairly early on not to attempt to fight the fires, due in part to the damage to WTC 7 from the collapsing towers.” [Federal Emergency Management Agency, 5/1/2002, pp. 5-21] Building 7 eventually collapses late in the afternoon of 9/11 (see (5:20 p.m.) September 11, 2001).

911 timeline

So the idea that WTC7 was doomed was circulating already by midday, and it appears this information may have originated from the OEM. There is word of a 'appraisals' that determined that WTC7 was 'compromised'.

Quote:
Fire Chief Daniel Nigro: "The biggest decision we had to make on the first day was to clear the area and create a collapse zone around the severely damaged 7 World Trade Center, a 47-story building heavily involved in fire. A number of fire officers and companies assessed the damage to the building. The appraisals indicated that the building's integrity was in serious doubt. I issued the orders to pull back the firefighters and define the collapse zone. It was a critical decision; we could not lose any more firefighters. It took a lot of time to pull everyone out, given the emotionalism of the day, communications difficulties, and the collapse terrain." (Daniel Nigro, "Report from the Chief of Department," Fire Engineering, 9/2002)

Frank Cruthers (in another account): "Of primary importance early on in the operation was the structural condition of 7 World Trade Center. Assistant Chief Frank Fellini had been approached by several chiefs who were concerned about its stability. It had been heavily damaged in the collapse and was well-involved in fire. Chief Fellini had looked at it and described to us some damage to its south side; he felt that structural components of the building had been comprised[sic]. So when Chief Dan Nigro arrived at the command post, he convened a meeting of staff chiefs, and this was a major subject of the meeting. We were all in accord about the danger of 7 WTC, and we all agreed that it was not too conservative of a decision to establish a collapse zone for that building, move the firefighters out of the collapse area, and maintain that strategy." (Frank Cruthers, "Postcollapse Command," Fire Engineering, 9/2002)

So it makes sense that with the setting up of the 'collapse zone' firefighting efforts were over by midday on WTC7.

What is not certain is exactly what evidence they based these conclusions on, or which individuals initiated speculation of a possible collapse. However the collapse of a skyscraper through fire and debris can't have seemed like such an unlikely event after witnessing the collapse of the twin towers already that morning.

Then we have Larry Silverstein's recollection of a decision to "pull it"
Quote:

I remember getting a call from the fire department commander, telling me they were not sure that they were going to be able to contain the fire. I said, “You know, we’ve had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it." And they made that decision to pull and then we watched the building collapse. PBS, 9/10/2002

Which is a rather odd comment, as the wording implies little time elapsing between the 'pulling' and the collapse. If Silverstein was referring to a withdrawal of firefighters (an event that is placed by most sources as no later than midday) it certainly downplays the 5+ hours that elapsed before the collapse itself. Could the ambiguity of his language suggest that he might in fact be referring to the controlled demolition of building 7? It seems an odd thing to admit to on TV, especially with hundreds of millions of dollars insurance money at stake for this building alone, but then when put on the spot about it, could it be he was being deliberately ambiguous, should proof of CD later come to light?

It's clear that WTC7 had sustained significant damage to its southern face as a consequence of the collapse of the North Tower. What's maddeningly unclear is the true extent of this damage - by the time of the collapse it was clearly 'fully involved in fire' but the structural damage is far from certain - there is photographic and film evidence of damage to the SW corner, but no-where else. According to www.study911.com only one eyewitness talks about a substantial hole in the centre of the building.

Quote:
Captain Chris Boyle:

Boyle:"...on the north and east side of 7 it didn’t look like there was any damage at all, but then you looked on the south side of 7 there had to be a hole 20 stories tall in the building, with fire on several floors. Debris was falling down on the building and it didn’t look good."

Firehouse: "When you looked at the south side, how close were you to the base of that side?"

Boyle: "I was standing right next to the building, probably right next to it."

Firehouse: "When you had fire on the 20 floors, was it in one window or many?"

Boyle: "There was a huge gaping hole and it was scattered throughout there. It was a huge hole. I would say it was probably about a third of it, right in the middle of it."

This is contradicted by Former NYPD Officer Craig Bartmer:-

Quote:
As I approached, I came down and saw the big hubbub going on around Building 7. I walked around it, I saw a hole, I didn't see a hole bad enough to knock a building down though. There was definitely fire in the building, but I didn't hear any creaking or any indication that it was going to come down.

It had some damage to it but nothing like what they're saying...nothing to account for what we saw. I am shocked at the story we've heard about it, to be quite honest.

Link

It's of course possible the extent of the damage was obscured by smoke by the time it was witnessed by Bartmer, but it's also possible that Boyle was mistaken or exaggerating, as he seems to be the sole publicly available source for this damage.

Regardless of the exact extent of the fires and the damage to the south face, it seems probable that the damage was asymmetrical. If people saw building 7 buckling or leaning as a consequence of its damage, it seems strange that the collapse, when it occurred was a vertical collapse into its own footprint rather than a toppling in the direction of the damage. Even NIST have admitted that their best hypothetical collapse scenario from fire and structural damage has a low probability of occurring.

WTC7's collapse bears all the hallmarks of a controlled demolition. It doesn't seem entirely unreasonable to have predicted WTC7's collapse, but the nature of its collapse seems anomalous. The widespread predictions of collapse clearly substantially impacted the media perception of the event when it did occur, and served to lessen reaction to what was an extremely unusual event.

It seems possible, if not probable then, that Silverstein's decision 'to pull' was in fact an instruction to conduct an ad hoc demolition to bring the building down in a controlled manner, which had the obvious side benefit of avoiding any costly repairs should the building have remained standing, or loss of life due to an unpredictable toppling.

If that is the case then the question has to be, 'is this remotely feasible?' According to Dutch CD expert Danny Jowenko, the nature of WTC7s structure would have made such an ad hoc demolition feasible, providing the ready availability of a group capable of the task.

Quote:

INTERVIEWER: These are the steel carrying columns:

JOWENKO: ( looks at the positioning of WTC7's columns)
That is not really much. No that is not really much. That explains quite a lot.

INTERVIEWER: What does it explain? That you can do it fast? That you can blow it up fast?

JOWENKO: (Nodding) You can blow this up fast...

.<snip>

...You could even do this with cutting torches and cutter charges.

Jowenko interview:-

Part1

Part2

Part3

Could the fine people from Controlled Demolition Inc (who so expeditiously removed the steel from Ground Zero in the following days) have been on hand? It seems hard to imagine such a scenario without foreknowledge of the attacks, regardless of whether you believe in the technical feasibility of a rapid 'pulling' of WTC7.

So where does this leave the BBC footage? Clearly there was anticipation of the imminent WTC7 collapse. How did anyone know a collapse was imminent? How did a story get on the wires that WTC7 was collapsed or collapsing when the event itself was so sudden - 6.5 seconds, straight down? In fact it was so sudden that no network, to my knowledge caught the collapse live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwjmqkjwnvQ

People near to the building immediately prior to collapse were warned verbally or by radio rather than by the evidence of their own senses. How did anyone know the building had 'gone critical?', unless in fact the final collapse was initiated not by the force of gravity, but by human beings?

As an interesting aside, if it was the OEM, and not the FDNY that was the source of the prescient BBC and CNN stories, it wouldn't have been their first such prediction:

Quote:
I said the buildings are going to collapse; we need to evac everybody out. With a very confused look he said who told you that? I said I was just with John at OEM. OEM says the buildings are going to collapse; we need to get out.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/oem_wtc.html

Quote:

Giuliani:
“I went down to the scene and we set up headquarters at 75 Barkley Street, which was right there with the Police Commissioner, the Fire Commissioner, the Head of Emergency Management, and we were operating out of there when we were told that the World Trade Center was going to collapse. And it did collapse before we could actually get out of the building, so we were trapped in the building for 10, 15 minutes, and finally found an exit and got out, walked north, and took a lot of people with us.”

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/wtc_giuliani.html

pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have had my fill of fools like you, so I wont refrain from letting your ilk get it in the neck.
So what. The holocaust deniers have had their fill of "fools" like me too.

I'm sure the 911 conspiracy movement will still be around in 5, 10, 50 years, just like the holocaust deniers. Maybe forever. I also don't care. I'm here for amusement, 911 conspiracy theorists will always be a fringe movement of loons and saddos.

Thats why I get such a laugh when people tell me I can't convince them they're wrong. WHO CARES. I don't need to convince anyone, you do.

Serge
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepik wrote:
Quote:
I have had my fill of fools like you, so I wont refrain from letting your ilk get it in the neck.

I don't need to convince anyone, you do.

Ohhhh yes you do. Trying to introduce a psych out are you?, you have failed.

ALL the truthers have proven by way of evidence. What have you nutcases been able to prove? NOTHING, so, sonny jim, prove you are right. I will bet you here and now £100,000 that you cannot prove you are right, and don't fit in laughter, because I can cover that bet with ease.

This is a challenge to you. Failure to accept this challenge is 100% proof that you are not able to prove your nutty belief.

I have copied and pasted this post to save for futrure prosperity, so you will not be able to run away from paying up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: