FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you have any 911 related laws at work?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emmanuel
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Do you have any 911 related laws at work? Reply with quote

I just wanted to ask if other people were experiencing the same thing, on the subject of anti terror laws and how they affect the people in industries and services.

What are you and your colleagues reactions to a 9/11 related law operating in your workplace?
Has the atmosphere become more tense because of it?
Is there unneccesary suspician with security?
Do people really believe what their authority has told them?
Have you noticed more racism amongst people in general? Do you stand up against the injustice or would you rather just fit in?

Thanks, J

Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in the mailing house and nothing related to 9/11 affects the running of it!
There is increased security as the company are trying to enter the Blue Chip industry circuit and mail Bank Statments and such.
Racism has not changed you still get the odd bully etc.
People trully don't believe the Government/Press but still buy papers (most bizarre) and it remains that very few are openly skeptical of 9/11 even with me contantly hounding them Wink
So yea as one would expect the only change is Money orientated.
hope that helps but I have a feeling its not what your after Very Happy

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Emmanuel
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you wrote is interesting and helpful Disco_Destroyer.
I know its bizarre people buy the papers because they are hungry for a story and someting to occupy their brain.
Somebody has stated the main reasons why ignorance is bliss on another post. Main reasons: , wishing to stay comfortable, not wanting to question authority, complacency....
But you are able to vocalise your skeptism at work, this is good!
spiv
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Money Laundering Reply with quote

As a practicing accountant, one of the most profound things which has been imposed upon all accountants, lawyers, estate agents, insurance salesmen, banks, building societies and many others are "Money Laundering" regulations.

See http://www.gnn.gov.uk/content/detail.asp?ReleaseID=110025&NewsAreaID=2 &ClientID=-1&NavigatedFromDepartment=False&NavigatedFromDepartmentList =False

Nowadays I have to report my clients and others who I even have suspicion of receiving as little as 1 penny proceeds of a crime, so tell me about that pen you 'nicked from work' and we who are saddled with this draconian and ridiculous legislation must report it to the Serious Crimes Office. If we don't, we can be held liable for imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine. I have no concerns if I came across a drugs smuggler or a real terrorist, I have concerns about the lack of any de-minimus level. Try getting a copper to your house to investigate a small theft, they don't want to know. But fiddle your travel expenses by 1p and we have to waste tme filing a report. Tell your estate agent or insurance salesman about that fiver you took cash in hand last Saturday, and you could be in for a shock.

Spies and "big brother" (albeit unwilling ones) are everywhere these days. This legislation was brought in under the guise of "anti-terror", which itself was brought in under the guise of 9/11.
wickywoowoo
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in a Solicitors firm ran by a Muslim Solicitor and we deal with a lot of Immigration clients from nations being attacked and bombed due to the 9/11 wars.

I guess there are others I could list but that's the one from the top of my head.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: