FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amnesty member implies we are whacko!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Amnesty member implies we are whacko!!!!! Reply with quote

As an active member of Amnesty, I am shocked to receive an email from a group colleague as this one. I have sent all the members of my AI group regular updates on 9/11. Trying to educate them as to the truth. The member who sent the offending email, is the very person who is running the War On Terror Campaign for AI Bromley and Orpington (local group). The latest piece I sent to the members, was the BBC footage of the report of the Salomon Brothers Building (WTC 7) collapse recently unearthed, where the report is telling us the WCT 7 had collapsed while it is still there behind her. How can we expect a balanced campaign from this man, even though he obviously has not looked at the evidence I have furnished him with, and attempted to make me look like a "tinfoil hat brigade member. The majority of the group treat me like I am misguided. I have therefore decided to quit Amnesty. Amnesty, I believe is a valid organisation and does good in the world. But I also believe it has a strong script for members to work to, and will not shift from that script. I bent over backwards to try to get them to represent Arron James. you may remember Alex Jones run a piece on Arron regarding Racial Profiling on the NWA flight. Arron was beaten and Tazared by Law enforcement Officers. Arron now lives in fear of reprisal and AI told me they did not want to know. They said, "We do not take on individual cases such as this. Here is the link to Bromley and Orpington AI Local Group's Homepage: http://www.aibromley.freeuk.com/ Contact and educate them. aibromley@btinternet.com

To Patrick

As a member of the 9/11 truth movement. I like the rest of the movement believe it was an inside job. Please see attached.

The bigger mystery of the day, was the collapse of building 7 which was not hit by any planes. Now it could be implied that even our own national news outlet. (The BBC) are complicit in the dupe. A news reporter in New York is reporting on the day of the attack, regarding the collapse of building 7. WTC 7 collapsed later in the day approx eight hours later. We see the reporter live from NY reporting the collapse (Nothing odd there you may think). The problem is, WCT is still standing there behind her in shot. How does that work. Bear in mind what she is saying.

See the report here:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/february2007/270207trustanything. htm

What do you think?

Dave.

The Reply:

David,

I believe that Shakespeare wrote Shakespeare's plays, I believe the Great Fire of London was accidentally started in a baker's shop and not by catholics, I believe Hitler killed himself and did not disappear to South America, I believe that Elvis Presley is dead, I believe Princess Diana was killed because of a car accident in which the driver had been drinking and was driving too fast and the passengers were not wearing seat belts,I believe that Jesus Christ was crucified,died and rose again on the third day and the Da Vinci Code is piffle and I believe that the Twin Towers were destroyed by arab terrorists to the complete horror of the USA government and the rest of the world. So you can see that I am not interested in conspiracy theories.

What I am interested in, is doing what I can,within Amnesty, to defend human rights against the awful consequences of the so called 'War on Terror' . The success of Amnesty's work depends on careful collection and validation of evidence of human rights abuses and the preparation of accurate and well balanced reports and campaigns ,which can command the respect of a wide group of people. For Amnesty to involve itself in conspiracy theories would undermine the whole work of the organisation.

The conspiracy theories obviously are your interest, but not mine, so please take me off your circulation list. I am interested in matters which have a direct connection with the work of the Bromley AI group and hope you will keep in touch on that.

With best wishes,

Patrick
-----Original Message-----
From: david.sherlock63 [mailto:david.sherlock63@ntlworld.com]
Sent: 27 February 2007 23:31
To: Patrick
Subject: 9/11
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do what anyone would do. Piss the sucker off your list of contacts.Amnesty isn't that great - they're ineffectual to say the best.
Don't waste your time with wanqeurs.
I can't say better than that.
There are more important things to do

mark_e
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually he could have just written 'remove me from your mailing list' and not bothered to give you a reason. i think his response was quite polite really. he didn't call you a wacko, in fact it was far less offensive than the reply from an mep posted on here recently. your 'tryin to educate' could be seen as spamming, albeit with the right intention.

the situation is kind of the same with the stop the war coalition. we all want the wars stopped and those responsible brought to justice. they focus on their stuff we focus on ours. i go to their meetings and some of them come to ours. some of them really don't like us and think we're at best irrelevant and at worst damaging to their movement. some of them tell me that.

personally i would like to see everyone who wants to make a difference to the course our society is on stand together. in reality i doubt this would happen. which one is the judean people's front?

cheer up, Dave, let it go and move on. don't just drop ai becaus of something someone said or because they won't take on your cause, no matter how noble.
Batrabill
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a tip, but there is a direct connection between the number of exclamation marks you use and your level of insanity.

Hello Sane

Hello! Bit odd

Hello!! Oh Dear

Hello!!! Bonkers

Hello!!!! Mad as a Lorry

Hope this helps
paul wright

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bit of a misleader because the only !s appear in the header
As an expression of surprise,shock!!!!,horror!!!!
Nothing particularly fruitcake about it
Just piss the numbskulls off I say!!!!!!

Batrabill
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh!!!!!!

Sane????

Or???????

Bonkers!!!!!!!!!

Oh please, ban me.
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same old nonsense,
Oooo my government lies to us about wars and lied to us abour iraq which got 500,000 killed but they would NEVER EVER lie to us about REAL things....NEVER!!!! they are all so sincere!!!

What a load of S**T.

Typical *. I`m really pissed off now, where is the SANITY PEOPLE!

C.

President Eisenhower 1961
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one of the reasons I no longer have the patience for a lot of
sites and organisations that consider themselves 'progressive'.

They seem to whinge on about symptoms - judiciously, as they will - without realising they're examining different aspects of the same elephant (in the room).

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batrabill wrote:
Oh!!!!!!

Sane????

Or???????

Bonkers!!!!!!!!!

Oh please, ban me.

and the point of this was? to make yourself feel good?

a response to the information would of been a much more sensible reply.
regardless of what you think just explaining your reason why you think it is a load of old tosh would of been more worth it than this.

i have to question your sanity when you just post for the hell of it to give yourself kicks. you have already proved you cannot read as the site clearly has a critics corners for those who do not support the need for a new investigastion to have their say.

these types of posts by yourself are so pointless and nothing more than spam. and in the process you show how intellegent you are with you debating skills which isnt much.

its like being at school again and writing on the wall mr shamrock is a ***** Rolling Eyes
Batrabill
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lighten up marky.

I have posted on CD - something I know a fair bit about, and the media - something I know a fair bit about, but because it's an alternative view to the orthodoxy on this site it gets ignored.
physicist
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He believes that someone rose from the dead????!!!!!!

Smile
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batrabill wrote:
Lighten up marky.

I have posted on CD - something I know a fair bit about, and the media - something I know a fair bit about, but because it's an alternative view to the orthodoxy on this site it gets ignored.

i cannot imagine why you get ignored Rolling Eyes

maybe it has something to do with your insults and pre deciding of people here?
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Amnesty member implies we are whacko!!!!! Reply with quote

NWOWATCH wrote:
The majority of the group treat me like I am misguided. I have therefore decided to quit Amnesty. Amnesty, I believe is a valid organisation and does good in the world. But I also believe it has a strong script for members to work to, and will not shift from that script. .... They said, "We do not take on individual cases such as this. Here is the link to Bromley and Orpington AI Local Group's Homepage: http://www.aibromley.freeuk.com/ Contact and educate them. aibromley@btinternet.com

Much as I sympathise with your frustration and feeling of isolation, I actually think you would do more good by hanging on in there than by quitting. Most of us have found groups we are in unsympathetic to 911 scepticism for various reasons. What we need to do is to keep politely pointing out to people how their excuses for not looking at the evidence are lame and, in the case of AI are damaging to the cause of civil liberties world-wide. Keep reminding them that the War on Terror is damaging liberties and that this war is founded on proveable lies. I would ask the guy who quotes all the alleged conspiracies he doesn't believe in whether he believes Sadaam had weapons of mass destruction, whether yellow cake uranium was supplied to him from Niger, whether Blair was truthful when he said that he had taken no decision to attack Iraq, what he knows about operations Gladio and Northwoods, whether he thinks the Reichstag fire was started by a lone Dutch Communist, whether he thinks Polish forces attacked Germany in 1939 as the german government alleged, whether he thinks Britain and France went into Egypt in 1956 in order to stop Israel from invading Egypt as they alleged etc. Ask him if he thinks there are never any conspiracies and if he thinks so, ask him why there are laws against them, and whether he thinks 19 Arabs planning to fly jets into buildings is not itself a conspiracy.

You say the majority of the group think you are misguided. That's not surprising. We all encounter that attitude, but why not work on the minority? And why not work on a LIHOP perspective at first? People are much more inclined to believe there was US government foreknowledge than that they planned it; foreknowledge is not so hard to prove.

Also make it clear that you are not addressing AI but individuals in their personal capacity. And prepare yourself for a long haul. People find our perspective on 9/11 so upsetting to their comfortable beliefs that they do find it very hard to accept. I did, and I expect others to too. Try not to get angry with them, but be understanding of the difficulties they have in accepting what you have to say. And make it clear that you have no intention of disrupting the work of the group, but demonstrate by your deeds that you are a valuable AI campaigner.

Hope this helps

Noel
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really strongly! Believe people should stop insulting and hassling people who do not accept 911 Truth!

Instead of trying to get someone who is not convinced of 911 Truth to go and visit Alex Jones website, which is highly unlikely... I would have said in this case, what has Amnesty International got to do with 911 Truth? Why are you guys making a comment on 911 Truth?

Secondly, to then have people here to say oh Amnesty International doesn't really do much good anyway... Imagine that person now telling all his Amnesty International buddies to come view this thread. They would see that a person here is calling them ineffective and then pass that off as, okay, so anyone who disagrees with them can't be all good. Do you think any one of them would want to have anything to do with 911 truth now?

I am pretty dissappointed here to say the least. If you are claiming truth, then you should know better to be patient and keep to good manners, even when you are treated with bad manners, for once you show signs of bad manners it reflects badly on the entire movement.

I make a plea for you all to stop taking it personally when you face deniers, to stop insulting them, to stop belittling them.

You do a lot more harm to the movement than good.
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that coming out with stuff like '9/11 was an inside job' is only going to hurt your cause.

For people who are sceptical you have to carefully build a bridge between what their current world view is and one where they could begin to accept that the official story is false/ flawed. Only once they start to question the official story would they even begin to consider inside involvement a possibility.

If I were you I would carefully summarise the facts presented in 9/11 Press for Truth and send those out in an email.

Good luck.

HipHop:
http://www.myspace.com/skepticandjidsames
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man from Amnesty believes that Christ was crucified and rose from the dead because it is a mainstream belief, however irrational. Any nonsense is acceptable to his kind as long as it is widely held and therefore "safe" to believe. Belief in government complicity in the 9/11 attacks however is perfectly rational given the evidence, but is not mainstream, therefore it is unacceptable to his kind. He has no opinions of his own in reality and there are many like him. Our task is therefore to get our beliefs to become mainstream and it is slowly happening. Pretty soon his kind will feel it safe to become converts.
xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
The man from Amnesty believes that Christ was crucified and rose from the dead because it is a mainstream belief, however irrational. Any nonsense is acceptable to his kind as long as it is widely held and therefore "safe" to believe. Belief in government complicity in the 9/11 attacks however is perfectly rational given the evidence, but is not mainstream, therefore it is unacceptable to his kind. He has no opinions of his own in reality and there are many like him. Our task is therefore to get our beliefs to become mainstream and it is slowly happening. Pretty soon his kind will feel it safe to become converts.

LOL, ironic innit?

Professor Stephen Jones, lately of Brigham Young University, being a Mormon, believes that Jesus Christ visited north America. I have heard that levelled as a reason not to take him seriously, but if a Catholic scientist says he believes that when a priest blesses bread and wine it transmutes into the flesh and blood of a first centrury Jewish teacher, does he get scoffed at?

Noel
Reflecter
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Praise Reply with quote

NWOWATCH,

hang in there with AI and show you are commited to the very valid efforts on civil rights abuses that they continue to highlight. If it wasnt for them and organisations like the UCLA, the world would would be lacking the evidence of the Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib abuses for starters. These are as proof positive of the injustices which the general populace has become desensitized to, that are now routine abuses in the name of 9/11, as anyone awake could ask for. Whilst the ACLU's PIZZA clip is a powerful tool for making people realise just how strange things might get, when every company gets hooked into massive data-whoring.

Whilst I also agree that the AI leaders comments are very mainstream and regarding the resurrection, possibly incredulous, his response was civil and to the point. What does it gain AI, who are committed to exposing abuses that can be tangibly fought over in courts, in the hope of preventing such incidences from arising in future? He himself is someone you wont win over, so let it go but accept his offer to stick around.

I also appreciate how annoying it is that many campaigns simply will not gives us any time, when ulitmately we are concerned over the same issues but we are choosing to highlight the cause, rather than treat its symptoms. Like the medical system, this is the 'comfortable' zone for now, for sadly too many.

I thoroughly agree and praise Xmasdale, Zabooka and Skeptic for their wise words here, for we cannot any longer 'stick it people' and yell for them to 'WTFU zombie sheeple gatekeepers'. Its counterproductive and found to be insulting.

Now as much as the BBC is at fault over 'lost' footage of such importance that should've been duplicated X times over. Or of poor journalism in not knowing which buildings were which, after 7 hours of live feeds. Or of not owning up to the source of this seeming foreknowledge. Shouting at them and making accusations we cant always corroborate, is perhaps playing into whomevers agenda and working against us in the short term.

Personally I am stunned by the recent footage unearthed but slightly annoyed aswell. Why were quiet efforts not made away from public postings, to secure ALL of those files prior to AJ making the find so public? We may have just lost alot more damning footage in the process.

Regardless and my opinion is probably not worth the monitor space its occupying but I really do feel the 9/11 movement has to actively embrace as many campaigns as possible and show its members to be committed activists to wider causes. We do give a damn afterall and if we show we do, whilst we continue our own efforts, then maybe some of them will in return. Shocked

physicist
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried to discuss 9/11 on other forums where general discussions are allowed. There's normally a 9/11 thread on there somewhere.

You always get some idiot who says "Where's Flight 77 then???? On the moon with Elvis, Lord Lucan and Shergar???" or something similar.

I always say I don't know what happened to it.
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Reflector for understanding me.

physicist - if they ask where are the planes, then tell them about Operation Northwoods. In that, you will find how they planned to make planes and passengers "disappear". If you read up on it, it will allow you to be able to answer such questions on so what happened to the planes and the passengers. I am not saying that that is what happened, what I am saying is that, it is possible that something like this is possible as they already planned to do with with Cuba a long time ago.
QuitTheirClogs
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

physicist wrote:
I've tried to discuss 9/11 on other forums where general discussions are allowed. There's normally a 9/11 thread on there somewhere.

You always get some idiot who says "Where's Flight 77 then???? On the moon with Elvis, Lord Lucan and Shergar???" or something similar.

That's one of the reasons I try to stick clear of discussing Flight 77 and the Pentagon. There's not enough hard evidence and there's too much controversy even within the truth movement.

David Ray Griffin - 9/11: the Myth & the Reality
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-275577066688213413
sidlittle
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I believe that Shakespeare wrote Shakespeare's plays, I believe the Great Fire of London was accidentally started in a baker's shop and not by catholics, I believe Hitler killed himself and did not disappear to South America, I believe that Elvis Presley is dead, I believe Princess Diana was killed because of a car accident in which the driver had been drinking and was driving too fast and the passengers were not wearing seat belts,I believe that Jesus Christ was crucified,died and rose again on the third day and the Da Vinci Code is piffle and I believe that the Twin Towers were destroyed by arab terrorists to the complete horror of the USA government and the rest of the world. So you can see that I am not interested in conspiracy theories.

Confused

no offense to our christian members but that paragraph just highlights to me what a surreal world we live in.

Micpsi
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

physicist wrote:

With respect, your answer, although honest, is lame and plays into the hands of someone who accepts the official explanation of 9/11. A better answer that does not hand a sceptic ammunition would be to say that Flight 77 may be now at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean after having been taken over by remote-control flight technology.
sidlittle
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micpsi wrote:
physicist wrote:

With respect, your answer, although honest, is lame and plays into the hands of someone who accepts the official explanation of 9/11. A better answer that does not hand a sceptic ammunition would be to say that Flight 77 may be now at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean after having been taken over by remote-control flight technology.

I disagree.I would imagine speculation would rather play into the hands of OS theorists. There is nothing wrong with saying that you don't know.

Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zabooka wrote:

physicist - if they ask where are the planes, then tell them about Operation Northwoods. In that, you will find how they planned to make planes and passengers "disappear". If you read up on it, it will allow you to be able to answer such questions on so what happened to the planes and the passengers. I am not saying that that is what happened, what I am saying is that, it is possible that something like this is possible as they already planned to do with with Cuba a long time ago.

I take it the posters above did not read my post, for they do not seem to have replied showing acknowledgement of it.
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Amnesty member implies we are whacko!!!!! Reply with quote

NWOWATCH wrote:

A news reporter in New York is reporting on the day of the attack, regarding the collapse of building 7. WTC 7 collapsed later in the day approx eight hours later.

Eight hours?

I completely challenge the official version of events - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC -I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC - I AM NOT A 9/11 TRUTH CRITIC
Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuitTheirClogs wrote:
That's one of the reasons I try to stick clear of discussing Flight 77 and the Pentagon. There's not enough hard evidence and there's too much controversy even within the truth movement.

If you visit pilotsfor911truth.org or ThePentacon site, you would know otherwise I hope. We have the Black Box Data and Flight Data Recorders, thanks to SnowyGrouch's Freedom of Information Act invokement.
QuitTheirClogs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zabooka wrote:
If you visit pilotsfor911truth.org or ThePentacon site, you would know otherwise I hope. We have the Black Box Data and Flight Data Recorders, thanks to SnowyGrouch's Freedom of Information Act invokement.

Yes, I agree, there’s been a lot of progress made. The flight path data and eyewitness testimonies are very significant pieces of evidence. But I looked at a Pentacon discussion on the Loose Change forum, and it was getting very acrimonious. So I think I’ll continue to stay clear of the Flight 77 debate.

David Ray Griffin - 9/11: the Myth & the Reality
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-275577066688213413
physicist
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zabooka wrote:

I try to avoid speculation (except where someone can prove I speculated about something in an earlier thread).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Stratehy Of Tension, Fake Terror, 9/11 & 7/7 Truth News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: