FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBC Conspiracy Files complaint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: BBC Conspiracy Files complaint Reply with quote

Here is my diaglogue with the BBC. Please let them know your thoughts if you are in agreement.

Me:
Quote:
I woukld like to lodge a complaint with regards to the 9/11 Conspiracy Files programme. Firstly, I found the time given to the 9/11 Truth activists was far less than those speaking against. Also, there is a section in the film where they replayed the conversation between NORAD and the FAA stating that a plane had been hijacked and the NORAD controller asked if it was real time or exercise. The programme's narrator said that there was much coonfusion and a shouting woman's voice was added to the conversation, which would have given the viewer the feeling that there was confusion. I find this highly unbalanced.

Reply:
Quote:

Dear Mr Baker

Thank you for your e-mail regarding 9/11: The Conspiracy Files broadcast on 18 February.

We are sorry that you felt that the programme did not answer your particular concerns about 9/11. Mike Rudin, Series Producer, The Conspiracy Files has written a blog which we hope will outline the difficulties in producing a programme on such a controversial topic. It is located here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/theeditors/2007/02/conspiracy_on_conspiracy .html

We would like to make it clear that we must ensure that our replies to everyone explain the BBC's position accurately and consistently, and therefore if different people contact us with identical or very similar points the BBC's response will naturally be the same in each case.

Nevertheless, thank you again for taking the time to contact the BBC with the strength of your views which have been registered and made available to the programme makers.

Regards

James Kelly
BBC Information

Response:
Quote:
James,

I am not satisfied with your answer, as my main complaint was about the manipulation of the communication between the FAA and NORAD shown in the programme. The narrator emphasised the 'confusion' taking place and the communication was then shown, with a woman shouting hysterically in the background. The original recording of this conversation does not have the woman's screams in the background.

You linked to me the reply from Mike Rudin due to the influx of complaints. In his reply he says: "First, there was no editorial interference in the programme whatsoever."

This is dishonest and I expect a retraction and apology.

Regards,

Andyb

To compain all you need to do is click on the link below. If you haven't done it, why not, it takes 5 minutes of your time. Do it now!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/make_complaint_step1.shtml

Similarly, go and register on David Cameron's blog and make him answer real questions each week. This takes even less then a couple of minutes a week. He's dropped from 5 questions to 3 so we need to be persistent.

http://www.webcameron.org.uk/ask-david/

Graham
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently re submitting my complaint re the pancake collapse. Bet I don't get a straight answer again. Rolling Eyes
Linda
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petition to BBC over 9/11 report of Building Seven collapsing before it did

Click here to sign
http://www.petitiononline.com/wtc7bbc/petition.html
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

signed, almost 2000 on there now
Garrett Cooke
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what its worth this was my complaint to the BBC.

Quote:
Dear sir,

I wish to complain about the BBC ‘Conspiracy Files’ 911 programme aired on BBC2 last Sunday evening. As a licence fee payer I object very strongly to the bias portrayed in this programme against the 911 Truth Movement. The 911 Truth Movement is a worldwide collection of people who have examined the evidence surrounding the 911 attacks and come to the conclusion that the official story as put into the 911 Commission report and disseminated through main stream media is a blatant lie. There are many many points that could be raised about the programme: so much was omitted and so much that was included was presented in a biased fashion. Here however are two points which come to my mind:

1. No mention was made of the fact the three towers of the World Trade Center, which collapsed on 911, fell to the ground in essentially their own footprints in a time commensurate with free fall acceleration. This is only possible if the lower floors were being demolished before the upper floors reached them during the collapse. This is only possible is they were being purposefully destroyed in a pre-planned controlled demolition. This conclusion is inescapable short of some exotic devices I am unaware of. But certainly this style of collapse of these three building cannot be explained by aircraft crashing into them and subsequent fires.

2. It was apparent on the programme that the debunkers out numbered the 911 truth representatives by about 11 to 3. Clearly this is evidence of bias. I would suggest that the foremost advocate of the truth about 911 in the world is David Ray Griffin author of The New Pearl Harbor. He and his ground breaking work were not even mentioned in this programme, let alone was there an interview with him.

In short I am utterly disgusted that the BBC saw fit to air such blatant propaganda and I will take every opportunity to complain about this programme in every medium available to me.

Your sincerely,

Garret Cooke.

I only received the standard response.

I have also signed the petition re: the premature reporting of the collapse of building 7.

Garrett
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done Garrett. I think they will only issue that link to Mike Ruddin's reply. The addittion of the woman's voice to the FAA/NORAD conversation was clear manipulation and I will keep complaining until I get a satisfactory result.
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this looks like it has stumped them a bit more.

Quote:
Dear Mr Baker

This is an update to let you know that we are dealing with your recent complaint but are waiting to clarify some points with other colleagues in the BBC before we reply more fully to you.

We will of course respond as soon as possible but trust you will understand that the time taken can also depend on the nature and number of the other complaints we are currently investigating. The BBC also issues public responses to issues which prompt large numbers of significant complaints and these can be read on our website at www.bbc.co.uk/complaints.

We would like to reassure you that your complaint has already been logged and circulated in our daily report to BBC managers. We would therefore be grateful if you would not reply to this email and, in the meantime, would like to thank you for contacting the BBC with details of your concerns.

Yours sincerely,

Paul Wheeler
BBC Information

They can't get around this clear manipulatiopn and distortion. Let them know you aren't happy too!!

Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff, chaps.

Do not let them get away with their pro-OGCT propaganda BS. Twisted Evil

Graham
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyb wrote:
Well, this looks like it has stumped them a bit more.

Quote:
Dear Mr Baker

This is an update to let you know that we are dealing with your recent complaint but are waiting to clarify some points with other colleagues in the BBC before we reply more fully to you.

We will of course respond as soon as possible but trust you will understand that the time taken can also depend on the nature and number of the other complaints we are currently investigating. The BBC also issues public responses to issues which prompt large numbers of significant complaints and these can be read on our website at www.bbc.co.uk/complaints.

We would like to reassure you that your complaint has already been logged and circulated in our daily report to BBC managers. We would therefore be grateful if you would not reply to this email and, in the meantime, would like to thank you for contacting the BBC with details of your concerns.

Yours sincerely,

Paul Wheeler
BBC Information

They can't get around this clear manipulatiopn and distortion. Let them know you aren't happy too!!

I received the same reply yesterday. I've set a reminder for me to chase it again in a week or two.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: