FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RFID Nuisance...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: RFID Nuisance... Reply with quote

Off topic but a bit of reality regarding surveillance society.

I bought a pocket hard drive on eBay and when the postmen tried to deliver it today I wasn't around to sign for it so I went into town to pick it up.

Afterwards I wandered around town for a while looking a few shops and noticed that there were a lot of alarms going off. Eventually I realised it was me setting them off so I went to a counter in W.H. Smith after I had set the alarm off on the way in. The assistant tried to neutralise the chip with the scanner on the counter and I left without the alarm going off again.

However, I set another two alarms off afterwards. The second was whilst taking a short cut through Woolworths. I felt like I had stolen something knowing it was going to set the alarm off again at the other side.

In total I set six alarms off (that I know of) five twice. The only shop I went in whose alarm didn't go off was Curry's Digital (formerly Dixons) which was the only shop I went in which was likely to sell pocket hard drives.

There are probably CCTV stills on the managers' office walls with SUSPECT scrawled across them now.

I have since learned that the chip is located inside the sealed packaging.
Leiff
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about hooking it up to an amplifier for a bit of long range nuisance value. Twisted Evil
flamesong
Major Poster
Major Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I'm not technical in that way.

Crying or Very sad Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: