FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interpreting the preliminary WTC 7 report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Interpreting the preliminary WTC 7 report Reply with quote

NIST wrote:
Loss of structural integrity was likely a result of weakening caused by fires on the 5th to 7th floors. The specifics of the fires in WTC 7 and how they caused the building to collapse remain unknown at this time. Although the total diesel fuel on the premises contained massive potential energy, the best hypothesis has only a low probability of occurrence. Further research, investigation, and analyses are needed to resolve this issue.
What hypothesis are they saying has a low probability?
"could it be that ww2 and the extermination of jewish people was planned as a way of creating a race of people who it would be difficult to blame for anything, a cover race for the illuminati?" - a quote NOT from the 'controversial theories' section.
ZUCO
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me like they are saying the hypothesis that fire resulted in a loss of structural integrity to the point of collapse is unlikely.

The report says "unlikely" while others might have said "impossible".

"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither" --Benjamin Franklin--

ZUCO
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Interpreting the preliminary WTC 7 report Reply with quote

pepik wrote:
What hypothesis are they saying has a low probability?

That of an innocent, believable explanation being proved?

It's them or us.
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My view is that they are talking about whether the oil tanks were fuelling the fire. It is very vague though.
"could it be that ww2 and the extermination of jewish people was planned as a way of creating a race of people who it would be difficult to blame for anything, a cover race for the illuminati?" - a quote NOT from the 'controversial theories' section.
Micpsi
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New photos posted on the George Washington's blog indicate that most of the smoke around WTC7 came from fires in WTC5 or WTC6. This demolishes the argument of defenders of the official story of 9/11 that raging fires suggested by this large amount of smoke brought down WTC7. See the photos at http://georgewashington.blogspot.com/2007/...m-wtc-7_19.html
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That link doesn't work. This one does (for now):

http://georgewashington.blogspot.com/

However anyone expecting a "demolishing" of the debunker argument is going to be seriously disappointed. Half the photos don't show WTC7 at all, and several of the others have the view of the burning side of WTC7 blocked by another building. It seems to be a collection of the worst possible angles and the worst possible framing to show not much except that there is lots of smoke.

This is a dead issue. If you watch the video you can actually see the smoke actually coming out of the actual WTC 7. Stop embarassing yourselves.

Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micpsi wrote:
New photos posted on the George Washington's blog indicate that most of the smoke around WTC7 came from fires in WTC5 or WTC6. This demolishes the argument of defenders of the official story of 9/11 that raging fires suggested by this large amount of smoke brought down WTC7. See the photos at http://georgewashington.blogspot.com/2007/...m-wtc-7_19.html

The blog might claim this, but it's demonstrably wrong. Remember the wind was from the NW -

Oh ... and they also mention "small pockets of fire" in WTC1.
A "small pocket of fire" :

KP50
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were fires in WTC7, not a raging inferno but certainly "significant".

But then there are reports that there was a fire/explosion in WTC7 prior to the first tower collapse.

http://www.nineeleven.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=7993

so it isn't surprising that the fire was well established 8 hours later. The question remains, what could have caused a fire at that time? WTC7 looks too far from WTC2 to have been hit by any debris from the impact and not in a direct line.
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The smoke is hugging to the side of the building. This doesn't mean it is coming out of every part of the building smoke can be seen.

I would also add, in edit- that smoke can come out of windows on every floor from a fire on the bottom floor if the stairways are open. NIST seem to "up" the damage and fires in WTC7 with every update, when no new evidence has been present since the FEMA report (quoted in the leading post, mistakenly attributed to NIST).

However this is completley irreelavnt, as I seem to be saying continually- the argument with WTC7 is not that debris damage could not bring a building down (fire, diesel fire or office equipment fire almsot certainly cannot)- it is whether the collapse WE SAW could be acheived by the damage done.

You can speculate until you are blue in the face that the damage to WTC7 was worse than any of the photos show- the damage was all done to one side of the building and we saw a collapse which could only be facilitated by the breaking of the central columns first and then all the rest simulteaneously.

My opinion? No- Danny Jowenkos. Excuse me if I privaledge the view of a demolition expert over the mouth foaming fanatics at "9/11 Myths" and the critics corner.

And yes Ignatz, that image of WTC1 does indeed show "small pockets" of orange (weak) fires.

What were you hoping to demonstrate with that image?

Peace and Truth
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Excuse me if I privaledge the view of a demolition expert over the mouth foaming fanatics at "9/11 Myths" and the critics corner.
You mean excuse you if you ignore every engineer and demolitions expert until one comes along that tells you what you want to hear, except that you will selectively ignore him when he tells you WTC 1 and 2 were not CDs.

Foaming fanatics at 911 myths? Give me a break, loon.

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan wrote:
What were you hoping to demonstrate with that image?

I would hypothesise that 'critic thinking' on this, using the MarkRobertian formula, goes something like:
Damage on South side, plus heavy smoke clinging to North side, divided by column 5 banjaxed by diesel = straight down collapse, all forces being equal Wink

It's them or us.
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepik,

Silence does not equal agreement. Virtually every demoltion expert HAS NOT COMMENTED. This doesn't equal that they go along with the official story privatley.

Those inside the US, as Jowenko points out, could commit commercial sucicide by calling a spade a spade and as a result calling conspiracy.

Do you at least agree Jowenko is qualified to say that to facilitate the collapse we saw you take out the central columns first, and then the rest simulteaneously?

If so, you must explain to us how his conclusion (that this could not be done without a perfectly timed demolition) is wrong.

In other words, how natural forces managed to do a perfect impersonation of a controlled demolition.

Peace and Truth
pepik
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Silence does not equal agreement. Virtually every demoltion expert HAS NOT COMMENTED. This doesn't equal that they go along with the official story privatley.
Yes, but you have ignored demolitions experts who don't tell you what you want to hear, and you ignore Jowenko when he says what you don't want to hear too.

My understanding is that he has not done any analysis at all, other than watching a video.

My understanding of gravity is that it tends to pull things straight down. Thus a building which failed on the lower floors would be expected to fall downwards, rather than sideways or upwards. What people call a "perfect impersonation of a controlled demoliton" tends to vary - for example, the truthiness movement thinks WTC 1 and 2 and 7 all looked like CDs, even though WTC 7 looked nothing like the other two. So the definition can obviously be expanded as needed. Secondly, nobody has shown me a video of a building collapsing which doesn't look like a CD, so we have no reference point.

Ian
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...nobody has shown me a video of a building collapsing which doesn't look like a CD..."

Pepik

Have you ever thought why this is? Could it be that buildings NEVER simply collapse straight down into their own footprints at near freefall speed unless it's a controlled demolition?

Surely the emphasis should be on you to provide such a video. Good luck though, if you decide to try!

Ignatz
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Have you ever thought why this is? Could it be that buildings NEVER simply collapse straight down into their own footprints at near freefall speed unless it's a controlled demolition?

My bolding.

Then why was 30 W Broadway smacked in the head by the collapse of WTC7?

And why did the E Mechanical Penthouse fall into the building several seconds before the global collapse?

[/i]

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very very misleading and you do it well.

the picture of wtc 1 and 2 was not long after impact however watch any video you like nearer to collapse and you'll see the fire has almost gone out by itself once the feul has burnt off with a few remaining pockets left around the impact zone going by the fireman on the radio, but lets show the fire not long after and not mention it died down alot before collapse.

the damage in the picture above to the broadway only has your word for it and the writing underneath the picture which anyone could do with the right computer program, ive worked with a gaphic designer and its simple,
in a world of bull of and lies i have to ask if you have anthing more solid to say that building was hit by WTC7 and not WTC 1 or 2 for example.

WTC7 was so much of a raging inferno that it set alight then put itself out.
look at the blacked windows on the side of the building, where did the fire go and wheres the smoke coming out of those broken blackend side windows? the smoke in many pictures could be a mixture of many burning buildings on the day making WTC7 looks worse than it was. ask for a picture from a differant angle and you simply never see one or when you search cannot find one, i wonder why? yet that would settle it.
why the same angle of the nearest corner constanlty someone must have something showing WTC7 from a differant angle to rule out a effected near corner only rather than the whole face to show the extent of the smoke to settle it or at least prove or show what they are saying could be true, i as yet have not found one.

but i dont believe those picture above on there own i think they were selected to fit an argument and mislead people.

if i posted a picture of the broadway i could easily add the words in any style font i please "broadway hit by debris from wtc 1" so this proves nothing if your the type who thinks for yourself and not that type to be told what to think. what proves it other than just being told it was WTC7 that did the damage?

and the penthouse falling first due to the core colums being cut first or some inner core beam? one side first then the other before the final cuts to the major supports that gives the building strenght and global collapse then happens. why dont you tell us how the penthouse fell first from fire just so we know your explaination for it, afterall you have all the answers dont you?
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a question about the broadway, what made those beams stick vertically into the building? i dont remember wt7 exploding outward.

wtc7 fell straight down didnt it?
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after watching many differant clips of WTC7 collapse i see no evidence of the building hitting the broadway the visible part of the building collapses straight down, yet there are well beded vertical steel beams in the side of the broadway higher up than the point of debris accumalating at ground level/near ground level.

either wtc7 lower floors had some sort of explosive force pinging out beams that ened up in the broadway or the debris are from wtc 1 or 2.

i may be wrong but if you think i am please explain how those beams got there and why vertically?
blackcat
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepik wrote:
My understanding of gravity is that it tends to pull things straight down

Except on 9/11 when huge debris was hurled over 300 feet horizontally, past intervening buildings, to significantly gouge out the side of wtc7. Shocked
Micpsi
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignatz wrote:
Micpsi wrote:

The blog might claim this, but it's demonstrably wrong. Remember the wind was from the NW -

It is not demonstrably wrong. You have misinterpreted the smoke as issuing from the WTC7, whereas it was actually rising up against its wall, coming from WTC5 and WTC6. This is demonstrably correct because there are no fires visible in all these floors to create that smoke, and we know that fire later in the day was confined to about two floors and did not extend over the whole of each floor.
Micpsi
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepik wrote:
Quote:
Excuse me if I privaledge the view of a demolition expert over the mouth foaming fanatics at "9/11 Myths" and the critics corner.
You mean excuse you if you ignore every engineer and demolitions expert until one comes along that tells you what you want to hear, except that you will selectively ignore him when he tells you WTC 1 and 2 were not CDs.

Foaming fanatics at 911 myths? Give me a break, loon.

Just like you, I suppose, when YOU ignore demolition experts who DO confirm that the collapse of WTC7 shows it to have been a controlled demolition. What's good for the goose is also good for the gander.
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look - just like that tired old photo of smoke clinging to the side of WTC7, we can see that WTC1 (the North Tower) was ablaze from top to bottom.
No wonder it fell down, eh critics?

It's them or us.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignatz wrote:
Micpsi wrote:

what building is that next to wtc7 that has damage before wtc7 collapsed?
its next to WTC7, isnt the broadway close to wtc7 to? or is that the broadway?
Micpsi
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wind was blowing to the north-east. It carried smoke from the burning 6 Trade Center onto the south face of 7 Trade Center, where it climbed up the side, deceiving many people into thinking that it had considerable fires raging inside. This is what you see in the photos I linked to from the George Washington's Blog at http://georgewashington.blogspot.com/ The building on the left of it is the New York Telephone Building.
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micpsi wrote:
The wind was blowing to the north-east. It carried smoke from the burning 6 Trade Center onto the south face of 7 Trade Center, where it climbed up the side, deceiving many people into thinking that it had considerable fires raging inside.

Including, apparently, the firemen who were there at the time. Still, what do they know, compared to the keen-eyed troofseekers staring at their computer screens?
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackcat wrote:
pepik wrote:
My understanding of gravity is that it tends to pull things straight down

Except on 9/11 when huge debris was hurled over 300 feet horizontally, past intervening buildings, to significantly gouge out the side of wtc7. Shocked

I think chek put it so well:
chek wrote:
In the case of a structure collapsing chaotically (as opposed to in a controlled fashion) some deflection caused by the remaining standing parts provides an other than downward force.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: