FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Press Release: NIST Accused of Fraud and Deception
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> 9/11 & 7/7 Truth Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mason-free party
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“What weaponry can vapourize steel and atomize concrete into talcum powder?”

Like the magic ‘planes’ that slide mysteriously into steel-reinforced concrete skyscrapers causing zero collateral damage, I would like to present another visual anomaly to be observed in the ‘collapse’ of the last Tower.

In Rick Seigel’s ‘911-Eyewitness’ (the First Edition at 1.22.30 - 1.23.00) we watch the remains of a HUGE steel structure QUICKLY DISAPPEARING INTO A HAZE as it falls into the morass of dust and debris!

See it for yourself! Download VirtualDub (it’s free), locate the video and frame-crawl through this AWESOME sight

http://www.911eyewitness.com/.

See also: http://www.911hoax.com/gNuclear2.asp?intPage=42&PageNum=42

Again I ask, “What weaponry can vapourize steel and atomize concrete into talcum powder?”

I don’t pretend to know the answer. Who does? Disclaimer: May I sincerely ask only those who have seen this event to comment.

Bongo
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mason Free Party Wrote...

Quote:
Again I ask, “What weaponry can vapourize steel and atomize concrete into talcum powder?”

The steel did not get vapourised. A small portion of steel melted and the remainder broke up into sections varying from a few feet to lengths of around 30 feet. The concrete underwent a considerable degree of 'pulvarisation'. As for 'Weaponry' you suggest this as if 'a weapon' could be the only trigger for this to happen.

It is obvious that many on this board have absolutely no education, experience or qualifications in either the construction industry or Engineering, so speaking as someone who is a post graduate and has had 12 years in the construction industry, in my opinion and with the huge bulk of information we now have, the most likely hypothesis is some form of explosives (Not weapons Rolling Eyes ) being utilised to bring about the collapse of all 3 towers.

I guess the BBC were right... 'Some people just like a conspiracy story!'
Micpsi
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all your years in the construction industry, when did you last hear of pools of molten metal being found at the bottom of buildings after they were destroyed by controlled demolition?

If you answer 'never', then you are forced to admit that something besides high explosives were used to destroy WTC1 and WCT2.

If you answer 'often', please give published accounts. Hearsay is not acceptable.

If you question the several credible sources that claimed such pools being found at Ground Zero, then you are rejecting eyewitness testimony and evidence merely because they do not fit what you want to believe. This is inadmissible from a scientific point of view.

If you do accept the truth of the reports about molten metal, then explain how they could have formed when the ignition point of kerosene and the highest temperatures reached inside the towers according to the NIST report are far below the melting point of steel.

If, as your answer to the previous question, you suggest along with Prof Jones that thermate was planted secretly in the towers to weaken the girders and joints, explain why it was necessary to take the risk to plant this compound inside both buildings. What made thermate necessary that could not be achieved with high explosive alone?

If you don't think thermate WAS necessary, then explain why it was planted.

If you don't believe thermate WAS planted, then explain the lingering pools of molten metal, which could not have been created by high explosives.

If you admit to the pools but not to thermate, then your suggestion that high explosives were sufficient to do the job is clearly inadequate because they could not have created temperatures high enough to melt steel.

If you admit to the thermate, then your suggestion that high explosives were sufficient is also clearly inadequate, for otherwise why would it have been used as well?

Finally, how many times have you seen such a large percentage of a building reduced to dust by a controlled demolition during all your years in the construction industry? Indeed, have you ever witnessed a controlled demolition? Assuming you have, you will have noticed that the process leaves large chunks of concrete, whereas clean-up workers at Ground Zero were amazed at how small such fragments in the debris field were.
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mason-free party wrote:

Like the magic ‘planes’ that slide mysteriously into steel-reinforced concrete skyscrapers causing zero collateral damage, I would like to present another visual anomaly to be observed in the ‘collapse’ of the last Tower.

In Rick Seigel’s ‘911-Eyewitness’ (the First Edition at 1.22.30 - 1.23.00) we watch the remains of a HUGE steel structure QUICKLY DISAPPEARING INTO A HAZE as it falls into the morass of dust and debris!

See it for yourself! Download VirtualDub (it’s free), locate the video and frame-crawl through this AWESOME sight

http://www.911eyewitness.com/.

See also: http://www.911hoax.com/gNuclear2.asp?intPage=42&PageNum=42

I don’t pretend to know the answer. Who does? Disclaimer: May I sincerely ask only those who have seen this event to comment.

I am familiar with this interesting footage and have just viewed it again several times.

I can see the "spire" in two ways:

1) the more startling or controversial interpretation is that it simply disintegrates before our eyes

2) the more mundane interpretation is that it falls away while giving off smoke and/or dust, and the combined effect of the falling and "smoking" makes it seems as if it disintegrates, whereas it is simply falling.

I have seen the spire event from several different angles and all can be interpreted in these two ways in my view. Unfortunately, none of the angles shows the space into which the spire falls - as I remember it disappears behind other buildings - so we are unable to know whether it does simply fall while "smoking" or whether it is somehow disintegrating.

This is my reading of this interesting feature of the collapses. I would appreciate others' views.

Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting excerpts from here regarding the "spire":

http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejeffrey.king2/wsb/The_Strange_Collapse_of_t he_Spire.htm

“This remnant of the core remains standing for a little less than 20 seconds, swaying a bit from side to side but showing remarkably little inclination to topple over. It then abruptly begins to drop straight down on itself in an apparent free fall, but after falling for about a quarter of its height it suddenly turns to dust. It is heavy dust that continues to drop straight down in place with very little dispersion or wind drift, suggesting that the particles were dense, more or less what one would expect to see if the steel of the columns had turned all at once into a coarse powder.”

“What could possibly be going on here? I really wish this were an artifact, that the resolution of the images wasn't good enough to quite make out what is going on. But the remarkable consistency between what we see in the video clip and in the still images, particularly the single shot taken the instant after it had turned to dust, creates the unavoidable impression that in some mysterious way the steel columns shatter into dust. Could stresses generated during the collapse have weakened the steel? Perhaps the shockwaves of those "dust ejections" (whatever name you may apply, they look a lot like explosions) that we saw during the collapses has changed the microcrystalline grain structure of the remaining steel in such a way that it became extremely brittle. Something very unusual has happened to these particular steel beams, something that caused them to not merely topple or crumple in segments but to disintegrate in place. It is difficult to imagine any mechanism during a gravity driven collapse that could so alter the structure of steel that it might disintegrate under its own weight - no amount of shaking can create that kind of metal fatigue.”

The selectivity of the initial collapse that left behind this portion of the core while removing the rest is also difficult to explain. Consider how cleanly the cross-braces have been sliced off along that single column at the top, short pieces of the vertical plates welded to each of the core columns sheared off without so much as generating enough force to pull down this single unsupported column. Something very energetic has removed the rest of the building from around this slender structure with remarkable delicacy, shattering and utterly removing all but this small bundle of surviving columns. And at the same time something has caused the center of mass of the thousands of tons of debris from the building to shift several hundred feet from the original location during the ten seconds or so of its collapse, leaving the spire well outside the debris cloud that has spawned it. This cannot be wind drift, for the debris cloud was much too dense and fast-moving to drift like smoke.
Could electrostatic forces generated by movement of particles account for some of this? Could the pyroclastic slurry of the collapse function like a thunderhead or Van de Graff generator, perhaps accounting for the visible glow as well as the displacement of the dust cloud? Could electrostatic repulsion somehow push the dust cloud off to the side? The final bimodal dust cloud seems very inconsistent with the extreme symmetry of the early stages of the collapse, so some asymmetric force must be at work. And could the force involved also have created the bright glow visible in so many images of the collapses?”

Something inescapably strange is going on in these pictures, something no official explanation of the collapses has come close to accounting for. Beyond this I make no claims, and have no insider knowledge. Based on the photographic evidence there can be no question that explosives, and possibly other weapons systems based on "black technologies" were used in the WTC demolitions. Otherwise one can only suppose that the laws of physics underwent a profound but temporary change on September 11, 2001, as indeed the political and moral climate of our country underwent a dark and fateful change. And it is precisely this change that was clearly the intent behind the vast high-tech magic show that was 9/11. In politics as in physics, things do not happen for no reason.”

Thermate
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micpsi wrote:
What made thermate necessary that could not be achieved with high explosive alone?

Given the fact it was to look, at least a little bit, like a collapse, perhaps volume (dB) was a factor? What do you think hmm?

Micpsi wrote:
then explain the lingering pools of molten metal, which could not have been created by high explosives.

high explosive reaches temperatures of 5000degC and above, quite sufficient to vapourize and melt steel.

Micpsi wrote:
your suggestion that high explosives were sufficient is also clearly inadequate, for otherwise why would it have been used as well?

General consensus is both were used, correct.

Micpsi wrote:
Finally, how many times have you seen such a large percentage of a building reduced to dust

Firstly it wasn't a conventional demolition, secondly the perps may well have been planning to destroy data and certain personnel along with the buildings, in which case "overkill" was needed. Likewise survivors with inconvenient testimony were not desired...

Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting pic of the "spire" from the air can be seen here:

http://www.911hoax.com/Wood_Reynolds_Star_Wars_911.asp?P=4

Although the image is faint the spire is clearly visible behind WTC7 and curiously clear of the huge dust cloud.

And more pics here:

http://www.911hoax.com/Wood_Reynolds_Star_Wars_911.asp?P=6

ZUCO
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a video of the "spire"

It appears to begin to fall and then disintegrate. Not great quality though.

What are your thoughts?

Link

"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither" --Benjamin Franklin--

ZUCO
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched this a thousand times and never had the impression it distintegrates:

It shifts about the distance of it's width to one side, then falls vertically.

I have NO IDEA how anyone can see this and say it distintegrates; it's lunacy.

Peace and Truth
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan wrote:
I've watched this a thousand times and never had the impression it distintegrates:

It shifts about the distance of it's width to one side, then falls vertically.

I have NO IDEA how anyone can see this and say it distintegrates; it's lunacy.

What do you think caused the mass of dust/smoke that suddenly appears around it?

Thermate
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wasn't this thread "moved" a week ago? so what is it doing in the news section again? a johnson playing ping pong with it to keep it visible?
MadgeB
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: NIST petitioned on energy-weapon interest conflict Reply with quote

Now we're getting somewhere - looks like Judy's team have turned up some more dirty secrets. No wonder there's such a campaign against her investigations. This story from total911info (see link for missing PDFs):
http://www.total911.info/2007/03/nist-petitioned-on-energy-weapon.html

NIST petitioned on energy-weapon interest conflict

Dr. Judy Wood, late of Clemson University, has filed a supplement to her Request for Correction to NIST regarding the federal agency's fraudulent report on the Wrold Trade Center.

Dr. Wood notes that much of NIST's analysis was provided by a firm called Applied Research Associates, a firm engaged in the directed-energy business.
• Check out the filing here
• Original Request For Correction here

More details are available in this memorandum from Dr. Wood's counsel, Jerry Leaphart:
"Your Request for Correction (RFC) now pending with the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) was supplemented with an additional filing with NIST on or about March 29, 2007. I assume that supplement will be posted on your website, along with this memorandum. You filed the supplement in order to call attention to an undisclosed apparent conflict of interest that has a direct bearing upon your assertions that Directed Energy Weapons (DEW) were a causal factor in the destruction of the World Trade Center (WTC) on 11 September 2001.

You have discovered that Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is not only a major NIST contractor in the clean-up of the WTC site, post 9/11/01, as well as a major contractor for NIST in the preparation of the NCSTAR 1 report series, that your RFCs pertain to, there's more.

ARA is also at the very epicenter of the development of Directed Energy Weapons.
DEW may be the very core of ARA’s business, with all other business matters being of secondary importance to ARA.

That information was not disclosed to the public by NIST to our knowledge.

One example serving to illustrate the centrality of ARA to the development of Directed Energy Weapons is the following statement from ARA's website:

"Directed Energy Award: ARA was recently recognized at a directed energy symposium in Washington, D.C. as a Founding Sponsor of the Directed Energy Professional Society (DEPS). DEPS was founded in 1999 to foster research and development of directed
energy technology for national defense and civil applications through professional communication and education."

See: http://www.ara.com/careers/awards.htm

The organization that ARA is a founding member of: Directed Energy Professional Society (DEPS) appears to be a major hub of the Military-Industrial-Complex.
See: http://www.deps.org/index.html

The sponsors of DEPS are listed here and they listed here and they include, in all probability, the main manufacturers, researchers and developers of Directed Energy Weapons:
http://www.deps.org/DEPSpages/sponsors.html
Andrew Johnson
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thermate wrote:
wasn't this thread "moved" a week ago? so what is it doing in the news section again? a johnson playing ping pong with it to keep it visible?

Sat 31st at 8:08am - when you posted? Hmmm well. It was back in the controversies section by then.

I made a mistake due to another thread of mine being moved without my permission - or even consultation. In my annoyance, I got mixed up and moved this accidentally - I moved it back when I realised what I had done. (That was at about 11pm last night - so if you use an RSS feed, it may have shown it in the wrong section).

Oh my god!! I moved a thread! I'm a criminal! This is FAR more significant than the 9/11 Psy Op and its coinsequences!

i.e. looks like your eye is off the ball... again.... Does the possible truth about REALLY happened at the WTC concern you at all? Have you challenged NIST to explain the collapse of WTC 7, as Ed Haas and Jerry Leaphart have?

Ask the Tough Questions, Folks!
egw
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: spire Reply with quote

The video above looks a lot like "disintegration," but maybe that's just what poor image quality can do to an ordinary event such as this.

The non-wierd explanation I come up with is: the spire is the last thing standing, the concrete cloud of what used to be the tower has descended below it and has thus covered every nook and cranny of the spire with concrete dust. The spire starts to fall, and at certain points violently collides with the ground. Being essentially a long metal beam, vibrations are transmitted from one end of it to the other and the concrete dust is vibrated off of the beam, creating a cloud around it.

The cloud thus created is opaque enough to conceal the beams vertical fall to the ground.

I haven't ruled out all of the wackier explanations for what happened to the towers on that day, but this is the simplest explanation for the "disintegrating spire," and I don't see how it can be ruled out as the true explanation for what we see on the video.
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: spire Reply with quote

egw wrote:
The video above looks a lot like "disintegration," but maybe that's just what poor image quality can do to an ordinary event such as this.

The non-wierd explanation I come up with is: the spire is the last thing standing, the concrete cloud of what used to be the tower has descended below it and has thus covered every nook and cranny of the spire with concrete dust. The spire starts to fall, and at certain points violently collides with the ground. Being essentially a long metal beam, vibrations are transmitted from one end of it to the other and the concrete dust is vibrated off of the beam, creating a cloud around it.

The cloud thus created is opaque enough to conceal the beams vertical fall to the ground.

I haven't ruled out all of the wackier explanations for what happened to the towers on that day, but this is the simplest explanation for the "disintegrating spire," and I don't see how it can be ruled out as the true explanation for what we see on the video.

Welcome, egw.

Thanks for your "spire" hypothesis.

This is a possible explanation. But it begs the question what causes it to fall straight down? That is, what creates the space beneath it causing it to fall vertically straight down into that space?

I certainly don't rule out conventional explanations or whacky ones.

The spire raises many questions imo.

egw
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the spire looks to be about 60+ stories tall, made up of a maximum of say 5 or 6 vertical members...and who knows what was happening close to the ground? What if, due to all the debris hitting the ground, the base of the spire was only 2 or 3 vertical members? If it was actually very top-heavy, with a weak base, we'd expect it to collapse under its own weight.

Did they intentionally not cut this section of the core in order to give the show some novel detail? Or because they didn't need to compromise every vertical member of the core in order to destroy the building? Or did the thermate just not work as (quickly as) planned on this section of the core?

Whatever the case, a spindly 60 story tall structure with a who-knows-how badly damaged base, is just as likely to collapse straight down under it's own weight as it is to fall over sideways like a felled tree.
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

egw wrote:
Well the spire looks to be about 60+ stories tall, made up of a maximum of say 5 or 6 vertical members...and who knows what was happening close to the ground? What if, due to all the debris hitting the ground, the base of the spire was only 2 or 3 vertical members? If it was actually very top-heavy, with a weak base, we'd expect it to collapse under its own weight.

Possibly, although the bit of it we can see looks bottom heavy (ie it tapers towards the top).

Quote:

Did they intentionally not cut this section of the core in order to give the show some novel detail? Or because they didn't need to compromise every vertical member of the core in order to destroy the building? Or did the thermate just not work as (quickly as) planned on this section of the core?

All possible. I am not sure it is accepted to be part of the core. I have certainly seen the claim that it was a corner section of the outer framework (apparently confirmed by its position relative to nearby buildings). Most likely explanation to me is that the demolition technique used did not require all columns to be severed (bunker buster bombs going down the elevator or ventilation shafts??! who knows).
Quote:

Whatever the case, a spindly 60 story tall structure with a who-knows-how badly damaged base, is just as likely to collapse straight down under it's own weight as it is to fall over sideways like a felled tree.

I am no engineer so could not meaningfully comment on that.

egw
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am not sure it is accepted to be part of the core. I have certainly seen the claim that it was a corner section of the outer framework (apparently confirmed by its position relative to nearby buildings).

Of course - it's the outside corner of the building. For some reason I've kept on thinking of it as being part of the core.

I think the important thing to keep in mind is that we see the spire begin to fall vertically down, then it disappears in a cloud of dust. This isn't speculation - it was falling vertically down, then it disappeared in a cloud of dust. That's what we all saw.

Now the question is, is this evidence of an advanced weapon being used to destroy the towers? This possibility would certainly fit with the video evidence. Or, perhaps, more simply, did this 60 story high hunk of metal, which was falling vertically to the ground, which was coated in concrete dust, upon beginning its collapse to the ground vibrate off the concrete dust it was coated in, and thus did the solid metal remain solid but disappear behind a cloud of concrete dust, and did it then continue its fall to the ground within this cloud of dust, concealed from our view?

I myself favour this latter "more simple" explanation.

(Edited to make myself look less silly)
egw
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another view of the spire collapse.

Edit: click on the AVI link (best for repeat viewings) below the first screen capture on the above page.

Funny how the author of that page sees the clip as evidence of disintegration, whereas I see it as evidence for falling metal.

Last edited by egw on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:45 am; edited 2 times in total
MadgeB
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: What is the spire? Reply with quote

I think you can see pretty clearly from this picture that the spire is part of the core. I doubt that the corner would even stand up on its own.
Better version at http://home.comcast.net/~jeffrey.king2/wsb/html/view.cgi-photo.html--S iteID-441544.html

towerconstruction.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.89 KB
 Viewed:  7857 Time(s)

towerconstruction.jpg

egw
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: What is the spire? Reply with quote

MadgeB wrote:
I think you can see pretty clearly from this picture that the spire is part of the core.

Heck, I wish someone would make up my mind about this once and for all! Confused Embarassed Rolling Eyes
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Spire is NOT part of the core, it was added 2 years after the towers completion and is a TV transmitter ariel! Simple fact to check out
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
The Spire is NOT part of the core, it was added 2 years after the towers completion and is a TV transmitter ariel! Simple fact to check out

Wires crossed, John.

We are not talking about the real spire but the strange remnant of one of the Twin Towers that collapsed a few seconds after the rest of it.

This remnant is referred to by some as the "spire".

A simple fact to check out by reading the thread. Laughing

John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well carry on talking about the unreal spire then
Anthony Lawson
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Late comment Reply with quote

A Late Comment

The Manhatten Project was kept secret for many years, and it resulted in a weapon which outstripped, by an enormous factor, every destructive device that had existed up until the first atomic bomb was detonated in New Mexico, on July 16, 1945.

Science has come a long way since then, so the unexplained or apparently inexplicable can never be ruled out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> 9/11 & 7/7 Truth Controversies All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: