FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gordon Brown is going to Kenya 20 million for education

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Articles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Gordon Brown is going to Kenya 20 million for education Reply with quote

With schools in this country being amalgated and closed down, the promise ten years ago in the Labour Party Manifesto "Education, education, education. That idiot Gordon Brown wants to give Kenya 20 million for the education of African kids. Why? Because of how we have treated them in the past. In Swanley, where I live. They are closing down one school renaming my kids school and putting the kids all into that school. No doubt Bob Geldof thinks it is great. I think it is a slap in the face of all of those in England who are losing the schools

Update: I have just heard, Geldoph thinks it's great!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ian neal
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon Brown and Bob Geldoff wouldn't win any awards from me for their actions to end global poverty and Geldoff's hijacking of the Make Poverty History platform and his effective endorsement of the platitudes of the G8 at Gleneagles was a foeking disgrace.

And yes despite all the money that's gone into education our schooling system makes me despair.

But I don't buy this bs that funding education in poor countries is a slap in the face to 'hard working parents' like yourself NWO blah, blah.

You are falling for their biggest lie of all. Namely that there is not enough.

The fact is there is more than enough both to educate our children well and to end global poverty. The fact is 60% of the world's population get by on 6% of the world's income and own even less of its resources. If just 3 years worth economic growth was channelled to the world's poor you could effectively double the income of all those living on less than $2/day (the bottom 60%).

Don't feel able to give up 3 years worth of growth, then how about stop spending $1 trillion dollars a year on the war industry (let alone servicing the debts of past wars or clearing up the carnage afterwards). Closer to home stop wasting billions on replacing trident and then we would soon find there is more than enough for your local school.

You can see Borwn and Geldoff are bullshitters but the conclusions you draw are depressing.

PS this is more relevent under big picture than news so I hope you don't mind but I will move this thread there
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ian neal wrote:
Gordon Brown and Bob Geldoff wouldn't win any awards from me for their actions to end global poverty and Geldoff's hijacking of the Make Poverty History platform and his effective endorsement of the platitudes of the G8 at Gleneagles was a foeking disgrace.

And yes despite all the money that's gone into education our schooling system makes me despair.

But I don't buy this bs that funding education in poor countries is a slap in the face to 'hard working parents' like yourself NWO blah, blah.

You are falling for their biggest lie of all. Namely that there is not enough.

The fact is there is more than enough both to educate our children well and to end global poverty. The fact is 60% of the world's population get by on 6% of the world's income and own even less of its resources. If just 3 years worth economic growth was channelled to the world's poor you could effectively double the income of all those living on less than $2/day (the bottom 60%).

Don't feel able to give up 3 years worth of growth, then how about stop spending $1 trillion dollars a year on the war industry (let alone servicing the debts of past wars or clearing up the carnage afterwards). Closer to home stop wasting billions on replacing trident and then we would soon find there is more than enough for your local school.

You can see Borwn and Geldoff are bullshitters but the conclusions you draw are depressing.

PS this is more relevent under big picture than news so I hope you don't mind but I will move this thread there

A very good post, Ian.

I'm sure many of us understand NWO's feelings of injustice. But you are right to point out the trap of that way of thinking and to put these injustices in a bigger context of manufactured scarcity of wealth.

Geldof, Bono, and many other well-intentioned (to give them the benefit of the doubt) campaigners, do themselves and those whom they seek to help no favours with their delusional and subconsciously apologistic approach.

Banish
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slavery reparations via the back door, oh and hundreds women raped by british terrorists compensation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Articles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: