FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To Whom It May Concern: Change Of Forum Branding
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: To Whom It May Concern: Change Of Forum Branding Reply with quote

I have brought this up in meetings but no one in the London group is in a position to do anything about the issue:

Some time ago, I believe, it was agreed that this forum should have 9/11 branding removed from it and become a general forum fall all alternative political issues. This descision, as far as I could see, was greeted with great enthusiasm by all. The War on Terror forum was a name which seemed popular although if I remember rightly a name had already been agreed on.

As long as this is presented as the public face of the UK and Irish 9/11 Truth Campaign all views and issues discussed will be seen to reflect the aims of the group.

In recent months the forum has appeared to have spiraled wildly.

We have topics on:

The EU

Chem Trails

Alternative Energy

Iraq

Endless personal attacks disguised as "polls"

As well as all the usual bizarre theory bickering

Many of these issues would be great to discuss. On a general forum. But am I the only person who wants to see the 9/11 Truth Campaign represented by research, discussion and most importantly action campaigning based around the 9/11 events?

Most importantly many are linking unrelated politcal stances to what is ostensibly a movement based around facts and not political bias or opinion. Take the EU issue. The sudden surge of threads about the EU "swallowing the UK" etc do not represent my or many other's political views and have NOTHING to do with 9/11, yet here they are on the 9/11 UK/I campaign site as though we all shared the view.

Look at the J7 forum, or the PFT forum or even the loose change forum and you don't find this happening, because they have split their forum topics into very distinct areas of research.

WHEN is this change going to happen?

FAST PLEASE!

Peace and Truth
Thermate
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more often than not lately when I visit this forum I shake my head as I read the posts and a small feeling of sadness fills me. it's still worth visiting for the occasional useful or informative thread but the amount of bs allowed to be posted here and the slack/biased moderation is simply ridiculous. if or when the UK gets a real 911 forum the mods will have some balls and some brains.
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thermate wrote:
more often than not lately when I visit this forum I shake my head as I read the posts and a small feeling of sadness fills me. it's still worth visiting for the occasional useful or informative thread but the amount of bs allowed to be posted here and the slack/biased moderation is simply ridiculous. if or when the UK gets a real 911 forum the mods will have some balls and some brains.

Completely agree,though from the opposite angle.The forums should be more open,with no controversial sections-The Bigger Picture in one.

Most subjects are linked very easily in the whole scheme of things,imho.

I thank you for not calling out SHILL,that would be most constructive Smile
Bongo
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree... Particularly the usual theory bickering issue!!!

I say this, as the NPT / Space Beam weapons issue is as effective at lowering the morale on these boards (which you must understand are just a microcosm reflection of the feeling within society of a whole) as the "Feeling of sadness that fills you" (and me btw!) when people (lets call a fork a fork for a minute... when I say people I mean conspiracy theorists! Mad <-- Pulls no punches) talk about completely unrelated issues such as Chemtrails etc.

I hope you got that last sentence.... I had to fit a lot in! Confused (I think you might need to read it a couple of times to get it... Heck I did Laughing )

Anyway, THEY (whoever they may be, but they do it so they do exist!) try to discredit the 9/11 truth movement with dis-info, we should not allow this dis-info (Come on... someone have the balls and agree that there is a pile of * nonsence 'Conspiracy Theories' about??? Confused )... Lets move away from that tag by disempowering it by using it against the REAL 'Conspiracy Theories' (you know... yeah... the daft illogical ones! Wink )

Basically, my answer to this is to distance ourselves from ideology's which detract from our focus... Which is... 'All together now'... PUSHING A STRONG ARGUMENT FOR A NEW INVESTIGATION INTO 9/11!

...Well done people!!! Wink

Chemtrails, NPT, Beams.... etc...etc... DO NOT... and... WILL NEVER Form part of a strong CONVINCING argument. Fact!

I have come to the conclusion that these issues are pushed by people who are indeed 'Conspiracy Theorists'.. I, on the other hand, have been pushing for 9/11 truth for 5 and a half years and consider myself an anti-conspiracy theorist. In fact I will go as far as calling them 'loonies' etc if I am confident that their logic is flawed. (I often do and make no appologies for it.)

The reason the Official story is NOT a conspiracy theory in the media sense is that the evidence suggests so... as simple as that! Confused .
The fact is however, the evidence does not suggest so for all the other 'MILDLY RELATED ISSUES' (Although, I have to exempt Afghanistan / Iraq - as these are a major motive for the events of 9/11 and hence, play a valid role in the story of 9/11 truth).

In conclusion, The 9/11 truth Movement MUST distance themselves from the fringe and extremist elements pushing theories (In my opinion dis-info) which detract and damage the cause by us learning to call a spade a spade! (Thats why I used 'Fork' earlier) These people ARE Conspiracy theorists. I have been part of the movement for a long time and we are NOT conspiracy theorists... these NPT / Beam / Chemtrails guy's ARE!

The cause and our future is more important than their Whims!

Regards,

Brian.

Ps. I am sure I will be attacked for saying this (There's a surprise Rolling Eyes ), and I will not even enter into a conversation with Fantacists regarding their daft notions and I urge everyone who really cares for the cause to do the same! That way we will shrug this attack on the truth movement off our back once and for all.

Wink

Last edited by Bongo on Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN STRAIGHT!

President Eisenhower 1961
Bongo
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Snowy,

It's been boiling up in me for some time!

Cheers mate!

Wink
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I almost imagine myself sitting in a room with 12 other people in a ring of chairs all facing eachother.

Then I stand up and with great embarrasment say:

"My name is Calum Douglas and I am addicted to factual information"

*followed by much hugging, shedding of tears and nods of understanding*

Its ok we all know how it feels....

paul wright

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, Brian, can completely understand your point. But it always bothers me that there is such an 'extreme' reaction to the 'fanaticists' posting in here. I can understand your PR reaction, but in reality, who do you think looks in here? It's not your average barroom bullshitter or your celeb-fixated moron. It's people who have woken up a little, otherwise it's people with bad intent.
Now I admit that some of the NPTs were a bit aggressive, but they've gone, the beamers on the whole just present info , though some of that may include knocking the likes of Jones for some of his attitude and history, and for the chemtrailers, well don't think that has nothing to do with 9/11 because it's intimate. Whether you wish to believe it or not, I've not seen one shred of evidence that the phenomenon existed before the late nineties. And yes, there's a close connection between those three discrete entities that you mention, if you care to look.
Also tying in with Project Bluebeam, the star wars project, the establishment of the various supranational Unions, the cell towers, HAARP and echelon and the list goes on and on.
Like most people here, I would advocate the presentation of the simplest easy-to-understand facts to present to joe public.
I still think the more connected material ought to be able to be presented here without flamewars erupting
And that I believe is now down largely to the more conservative of the Truthers

London Mick
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does a bloke from Oxford use odd American expressions like...damn straight? Hey, dude? Wink

Is this the same Bongo that used to post all those one liners six months ago, taking the piss out of all and sundry and irritating everybody else with his puerile remarks? Suddenly he is posting long, wordy serious stuff but still labelling others as loonies and......wait for it......."conspiracy theorists"
I detect the distinct odour of rotten fish!
Newspeak International
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wot no beam weapons or microwave crowd control methods,or haarp weather control systems and heavy metal air contaminates ,or scalar weaponry,or genetically modified foodstuffs,or aspertame contaminated sugar free diet drinks & chewies?

(May have missed a few there)

That's a lot to ignore Bongo,though you could still plead to the ptb for an enquiry into 9/11 that will never ever come.

Smile
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m not FROM Oxford, I currently reside here.

I happen to find American expressions amusing dear chap. Perhaps if you had met me you would understand my humour.

Then again I`ve never seen you at any of the London meetings so I suppose thats out of the question isnt it?

I cant really see anything purile about stating that writing to Congress about star beams is -shall we say unlikely- to get us very far.

I think thats called realism.

you can call it what you like.

C.

paul wright

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowygrouch wrote:
Sometimes I almost imagine myself sitting in a room with 12 other people in a ring of chairs all facing eachother.

Then I stand up and with great embarrasment say:

"My name is Calum Douglas and I am addicted to factual information"

*followed by much hugging, shedding of tears and nods of understanding*

Its ok we all know how it feels....

OK Callum, you've produced brilliant material.
But can hardly see you as on the wagon with Argentum Astrum, er sorry, AA, in a sea of conspiracy drunks
It makes for a fine joke, but no sense

Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You`ve lost me dh, please re-phrase that.

Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with the above comments.

The decisions taken about the internet profile of the movement/campaign were as follows, as I understand:

1) This forum would become a more generalised meeting place for the movement, to discuss whatever people are interested in, but would be disassociated from the campaign.

The first part has happened, but not the second, which has meant that what still appears to be the Campaign's website looks like it is into a wide variety of issues - quite the opposite of what was planned. We need to remove the 9/11 Truth Campaign from all the headings on this forum ASAP.

2) The new website www.911truthcampaign.net was to be the Campaign's shop window website, linking to the agreed best evidence that the OCT was rubbish.

The new website would have a named forum, for known activists to organise events and discuss new research. That exists, but there has been very little take-up . For it to work effectively, more activists need to sign up to the new forum.

We seem to have been sitting half-way between two positions, which is the worse of both worlds. Can the moderators sort this out ASAP please?

Regards

Annie

Last edited by Annie on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
paul wright

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could get onto the new forum it would be a help
Personally,I've been twice rejected after my first submission

paul wright

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowygrouch wrote:
You`ve lost me dh, please re-phrase that.

Dont know how I can, Calum. You introduced the AA stand up and expose yourself element, the AA is derived from the A*A* the basis for the general connectiveness of all this
We live not only in a world of concrete provabilities, but one of infinite possibilities.
Why resist the flow?

Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry DH,
Its late and my brain has ceased, read it again and it makes perfect sense.

As for going with the flow; never really been to good at that. I like to make my own way. It seems that on the subject of 9/11 that path has crossed the same point as yours.

However where my journey takes me is unlikely to follow everyone else`s all the time.

I think I`ve made what points I wanted to and so I now retreat to my bed.

Night all.

C

Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy... this was like one of the very FIRST things that I wanted to SCREAM ABOUT!

Now... I don't want to RANT here, as I fear I won't be able to convey myself in a very well-mannered way.
Bongo
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I persist here because I know that people like Annie and Snowy work hard for Justice and speak with a great deal of logic and knowledge on the core issues.

(Respect to you both Wink)

...But I am finding it (and as you know have been for some time), increasingly tedious and difficult to share important ideas when there just seems to be so much accepted 'spam' (for use of a better word Confused )!

I like the Idea, Annie, of the other forum (the link seems to be not working btw?)

I just feel like I want some productive conversation on this most important subject for two reasons...

a) To develop my own knowledge and understanding of things.
&
b) To share what knowledge that I have to offer in the hope of doing some good.

Regards,

Brian.

Ps. As far as London Mick's comments are concerned, all I can say is, yes, Sometimes I have said things in anger. But, is that not to be expected when you learn that your belief in what you were told was wrong? I am human! Confused

...Just don't ever expect one liners from me unless they are justified! Wink
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's reassuring some agree!

I'm so used to putting my foot it in I've almost come to expect it whenever I open my mouth.

Re. the private forum - after several applications I got a password/username... which didn't work. Since then I've been made aware of two more... neither of which worked for me. And I know I'm not typing them wrong because I'm cutting and pasting them straight from the email.

Very frustrating.

Peace and Truth
karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: 7/7 Reply with quote

do you think the 7/7 campaign forum should somehow be merged with this site?
In order to concentrate members and efforts.

Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: 7/7 Reply with quote

stelios69 wrote:
do you think the 7/7 campaign forum should somehow be merged with this site?
In order to concentrate members and efforts.

Not our decision to make.

To tell the truth, I share everyone else's frustration with regards the present state of affairs.

I have put a lot of time into developing plans for the revision of this site and the campaign site (complete with private forum for named campaigners where the campaign can get more professional). These plans have been discussed and agreed at the meetings in Bristol and Blackpool

But I do not have the technical ability or access codes to enact any of these changes so all I can do is repeatedly request the agreed changes to be enacted. It is now over 6 weeks since these plans have been shared and like I say I share the frustration of others.
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great to see a forum more like the brilliant J7 forum - with clear delineation between different subjects, individual stickies for importat areas of research, etc.

Thanks to all behind the scenes working to make it better. Smile

Zabooka
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the New FOrum and Site, is long awaited and its worth the effort and wait. However, as soon as my semester at Uni ends, I shall devote a lot lot more time and effort to the campaign. I hope to be able to help with the efforts so everything is sorted by July.
andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Ian, I know how much effort you've put into trying to get these things done. Can the people that Ian has chased please put these changes into place.

Re merging with the 7/7 forum: there is no way that would happen as they are a bit more disciplined on that forum and try to avoid speculation which many here would have a problem with.

Re this forum: there seems to be a creeping of controversial theories going everywhere but in the right section. Can we please keep this to a minimum and warn repeat offenders like TC(who's abuse at those who don't entertain his ideas is getting a bit tiresome)

andyb
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, lets not forget we do not have any real desicion making policies at the moment and hopefully this will be addressed at the AGM so there will be some accountability
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stefan wrote:
Re. the private forum - after several applications I got a password/username... which didn't work. Since then I've been made aware of two more... neither of which worked for me. And I know I'm not typing them wrong because I'm cutting and pasting them straight from the email. Very frustrating.

Many people are having the same problem. I've writtten again to Adrian and Mick, the two webmasters, to see if we can get this sorted out quickly. Please do keep trying, as the more of us on the new forum, the more effectively it will work.

The new website should become the default site for the truth campaign.

Regards

Annie

Last edited by Annie on Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bongo wrote:
I persist here because I know that people like Annie and Snowy work hard for Justice and speak with a great deal of logic and knowledge on the core issues.

(Respect to you both Wink)

...But I am finding it (and as you know have been for some time), increasingly tedious and difficult to share important ideas when there just seems to be so much accepted 'spam' (for use of a better word Confused )!

I like the Idea, Annie, of the other forum (the link seems to be not working btw?)

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Brian!!

I've altered the link to the new website, so that it now works. However, it's still somewhat content-lite, another thing we need to address urgently.

More importantly, it's worth trying to get onto the new forum. Email editor@rinf.com for that.

Regards

Annie

Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The password system is quite tricky.

I believe that one problem is that I have one set of PW & UName for signing through the initial security barrier and then once I got on there the first time I registered myself, this registration has a second set of UN & PW to enter.

So I have to enter the details Mick Meaney gave me, then once promted enter the registration details I entered the first time I got on the forum.

I had quite a bit of trouble figuring THAT one out!

Anyway, I`m sure it will be sorted soon. *HINT HINT*

Calum

xmasdale
Angel - now passed away
Angel - now passed away

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to be one of only 14 people who have managed to get on to the new forum: http://911truthcampaign.net/forum/

I have offered to be a referee to get on anyone that I know as a bona fide supporter of this movement, but I understand it is now technical problems which are preventing others from joining.

Please can we have some urgent action on this?

I understand that the other forum put up by Mick Meaney, 911action.co.uk has been hacked to pieces and I know that must be extremely frustrating for Mick especially.

We decided in February 2006 at a national gathering in Blackpool to have this new website with a forum. 14 months later we still haven't got it functioning properly. If Adrian hasn't the time to do it, please, please can someone else with the skills step into the breach and sort it out allowing Adrian to do what he does so excellently: make 911 movies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: