FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photo in Daily Mail: Hole in Floor of Tube train

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Photo in Daily Mail: Hole in Floor of Tube train Reply with quote

There was a photo published in the Daily Mail on 28th July 2007 (I think) showing a hole in the floor of a tube train created by one of the 7/7 bombs.

This photo clearly showed the metal at the edges of the hole bending up into the carriage, indicating that the explosives, in this case at least, were under the train.

I thought I had saved this photo on my computer but cannot find it. Nor does it seem to be accessible on the web any more (not easily anyway).

Does anyone have a copy of this important photograph that they can put on this site? I would like to save it again if possible.

Kevin B
Busker
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This the one?

abc_lontrain6_050727_ssh.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.8 KB
 Viewed:  113 Time(s)

abc_lontrain6_050727_ssh.jpg

Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the only interior floor damage picture I've ever been able to find, so I'd love to know if there's another.
kbo234
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busker wrote:
This the one?

Thanks very much.
KB
xxThe_Dice_manxx
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings

Looking at the picture it looks to me like the bomb was directly under the row of seats and above the hole in the floor.

There is no sign of the bomb having been below the train.

You can clearly see the thick steel girder below the floor is bending downward so the bomb was defintitly inside the train.

paul wright

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm - that still doesn't explain why an explosive shouldn't do like any other and follow the lines of least resistance. It should have taken out everything else in the carriage, including dancer Bruce Lait - don't know if it's the same bomb because his report was of the floor hole turned up - but anyway, the question remains if it was a backpack bomb, why did it have the power to blow out the floor and bend a girder?
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dh wrote:
Hmmm - that still doesn't explain why an explosive shouldn't do like any other and follow the lines of least resistance. It should have taken out everything else in the carriage, including dancer Bruce Lait - don't know if it's the same bomb because his report was of the floor hole turned up - but anyway, the question remains if it was a backpack bomb, why did it have the power to blow out the floor and bend a girder?

Good shout DH.

It looks to me to be explosives far more powerful than the components you could buy at garden center. More likely military grade explosive. The floor points up and the beam does bend down. As you said "that still doesn't explain why an explosive shouldn't do like any other and follow the lines of least resistance". Well. you are right. The compression would have took the easy route out. In this case. The floor. Why is the beam pointing down. Well the only logical explanation I could think off. The device was fixed on top of the beam under the floor. Hence, when detonated. The floor blows up. And the beam is bent down. What do you think?

Dave.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxThe_Dice_manxx wrote:
Greetings

Looking at the picture it looks to me like the bomb was directly under the row of seats and above the hole in the floor.

There is no sign of the bomb having been below the train.

You can clearly see the thick steel girder below the floor is bending downward so the bomb was defintitly inside the train.

Dice. You have not taken this from a forensic angle. It is obvious with careful study where the device was placed. If this kind of image was not important evidence of who could be proved to complicit. It would be more available. But as it has been said. These photos are rare indeed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Anthony Lawson
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: A Comparative Picture Reply with quote

A Comparative Picture

In order to assess or discuss the damage in a meaninful way, expert forensics examiners would first obtain a picture of a similar, undamaged tube-train carriage, taken from roughly the same point of view, with a lens of similar focal length to that used for the original picture.

I'd do it, like a shot, but I now live in Phuket.

karlos
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pictures were released in the UK, a handful for some reason but not apparant were released to abc news.
They certainly suggest high grade military explosive. Far from the fertiliser and chapathi flour you would expect from 4 homegrown bombers.

Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David WJ Sherlock wrote:
dh wrote:

Good shout DH.

It looks to me to be explosives far more powerful than the components you could buy at garden center. More likely military grade explosive. The floor points up and the beam does bend down. As you said "that still doesn't explain why an explosive shouldn't do like any other and follow the lines of least resistance". Well. you are right. The compression would have took the easy route out. In this case. The floor. Why is the beam pointing down. Well the only logical explanation I could think off. The device was fixed on top of the beam under the floor. Hence, when detonated. The floor blows up. And the beam is bent down. What do you think?

Dave.

We'd need to find out if there is a void between floor and beam that a device could be placed into. Not bad though David Cool

jcr911truth
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Look at the floor Reply with quote

I'm no expert, but to me it seems that not only is the beam sagging, but so is the whole floor, suggesting the bomb was in the train, not below the floor. Otherwise, I'd expect to see the floor covering bending upwards, not downwards.

As for the power of the explosion and whether it was possible with fertilisers, that's another matter and I'll leave it to the experts.
Disco_Destroyer
Trustworthy Freedom Fighter

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pick although seemingly showing a device inside the carriage throws more questions my way as to why its obviously cropped not to show anything recognisable from a current train. The only thing that shows that it is (with room for speculation) are the tunnel walls and destinctive lino. Would the seats be removed after all there is little report of fires or indeed evidence in the pic, all other obvious recognisable objects are out of view like Tubeline Insignia and Colours, Maps and advertising, roofline well anything that you could as londoners identify with an actual tube service (by that I mean what line are we looking at, Northern Victoria or what).
On a closer examination (through windows picture and fax viewer), I have a feeling the device may have been on the Tunnel Wall central to the hole (any damage to the wall would be obscured by the train as it comes to a halt)
I say that as it looks like all the remains of the carriage visible seem to bend away from this hole and towards the camera viewpoint.
I guess the seat covers would soon be snapped up to gain forensic evidence, but I suggest the biggest question has to be why the lack of evidence (images) either way.

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Disco_Destroyer

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second thoughts it looks like thats an internal explosion I just thought that the Tunnel wall and Train wall was the same in places (both kind of blend into each other at points) but you can clearly see a shadow where the floor is missing showing that the train wall is some distance from the tunnel. Regardless still lots of questions Question

“The more you tighten your grip, the more Star Systems will slip through your fingers.”

www.myspace.com/disco_destroyer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: