FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Brother permeates this 9/11 truth forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Big Brother permeates this 9/11 truth forum Reply with quote

When are we going to stop this censorship on the forum. There is to much erosion of free speech in the outside world. Lets take Fred and his fake CNN videos. I think the guy is completely off the mark. But he has the right to express his views. I did not agree with the "Baby Rape" nonsense he said about John White. If I were John, I would have thrown him out. But if anyone has any alternative theories, they should have a right to voice them. Now come on everybody. Surely that is how we should run this forum. I think NPT's are off the mark. But I defend their right to air their views, and leave it open for debate. Mods. Leave the debate to the posters. Drop the Big Brother act.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Big Brother permeates this 9/11 truth forum Reply with quote

David WJ Sherlock wrote:
When are we going to stop this censorship on the forum. There is to much erosion of free speech in the outside world. Lets take Fred and his fake CNN videos. I think the guy is completely off the mark. But he has the right to express his views. I did not agree with the "Baby Rape" nonsense he said about John White. If I were John, I would have thrown him out. But if anyone has any alternative theories, they should have a right to voice them. Now come on everybody. Surely that is how we should run this forum. I think NPT's are off the mark. But I defend their right to air their views, and leave it open for debate. Mods. Leave the debate to the posters. Drop the Big Brother act.

I absolutely agree David, with the proviso that any proposed theories are free to be tested to see if they stand up to rational examination.

I tend to find for example that much, if not all, that emanates from the 911 "researchers" camp does not bear close examination, and their proponents do themselves no good by their over-emotive conduct in defending their theories.

Exaggerated claims made on the flimsiest of observations do nobody and by extension the 'movement' - such as it is - any favours, most of all those who delude themselves they are brandishing 'evidence'.

In that regard certain theories and yahoo behaviour are probably better off being roped off from general view.

It's them or us.
KP50
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this call for free speech means allowing anybody to post anything, anywhere, any time - then absolutely not. A forum is no different to a public meeting, you cannot allow abuse, nor can you allow people to spam the forum with repetitive threads.
gareth
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say don't feed the trolls. They in the words of John Stewart are 'huuurting us' Very Happy

http://www.visibility911.com/cointelpro.htm

I don't like the idea of people curious about 911 coming to this site and being turned off future investigation, participation and campaigning. That's what'll happen if you open the doors of nonsense. Keep them closed mods!
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Sherlock,
You appear most dis-informed. People may post ANY THEORY THEY LIKE on this forum as long as its vaguely about 9.11 related issues.

We set up a whole forum sub-catgegory for 9.11 controversies SPECIFICALLY so people can have a part of the forum to talk about controvercial theories with no fear of being censored or banned.

The only way you get censored or banned here is by being reguarly abusive or posting obvious rubbish like threads with "nikole kidmans boobs" as the title.

You should count your lucky stars the mods here are as open as they are. I went to a big STUDENT forum two days ago, posted details of the science talk on 9.11 in London and was BANNED PERMANENTLY within 50 minuites. I had been a member there for 6 months.

You try going to the Mark Thomas forum with no-planes!... be pepared for a verbal homicide.

There is no mad censoring here and you should be glad of it. The reason 99% of the people who complain are NPT is that for reasons best known to themselves a minority of them insist on being very abusive and worse. You want to see some of the PM`s I`ve got from some?

Not pretty. But with one exception they are still here. (the one that isnt told me I was going to be murdered on two occasions).

So all in all. I dont see what you can possibly have to moan about.

C.

President Eisenhower 1961
Skeptic
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snowygrouch wrote:
You try going to the Mark Thomas forum with no-planes!... be pepared for a verbal homicide.

Laughing

http://www.markthomasinfo.com/forum

HipHop:
http://www.myspace.com/skepticandjidsames
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I'd like to offer the information that all the mods have had pm's from David over the last few days, with him putting forward his view that we are "Truth Censors". And hes been given answers to his questions

Unsatisfied with that, David then started this thread yesterday. I've left it be in the confidence that the members here will give David their own views, which I believe in the majority support how the site is run

ceylon
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

david, i totally agree i made a statement a while back and though it was by some people thought to be not what they thought it was binned by admin, i thought the point was to say what you thought or knew but i must of been wrong. as some one higher up decides what is to be allowed and what is not.
smacks of big brother to me, and dont think they can't do it just look and make your own mind up.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Big Brother permeates this 9/11 truth forum Reply with quote

David WJ Sherlock wrote:

the only censorship i see happening here is a campagin against those who disagree with NPT and TV fakery being insulted and bullied into not posting their opinons.

nobody has stopped these people posting there evidence and claims, they just cannot cope with the fact that most disagree, so now they are starting a hate campagin against those who disagree because the only way their evidence will stand up is if their is no one questioning it.

they have the right to say s.jones and others are wrong dont they?

why are those who disagree with NPT or TV fakery not allowed their opinon?
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KP50 wrote:
If this call for free speech means allowing anybody to post anything, anywhere, any time - then absolutely not. A forum is no different to a public meeting, you cannot allow abuse, nor can you allow people to spam the forum with repetitive threads.

I do not disagree with you on much of what you have said. abusive posting and spamming is wrong. However. This is not my contention. If someone has an alternative perspective. We should not ban that person. Fred (CNN Fake) should not have been banned for his views. Only when he became offensive, then he had to go. that is a different matter. Those Muslims who shouted out at John Reid were asked to leave and taken out by security. That was an open public forum. That was wrong. They had an alternative view too. The neo-cons filter information. and we fight against them. but because the mods do it, its ok. I cannot see that. "Out of the frying pan, into the fire". As I have said many times. I believe in a system of government. Therefore I believe in a system to run this forum. A system free of any oppression. THAT IS A FREE SOCIETY.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Fred, to the best of my knowledge is not banned: Ian is giving him a chance

2) Some members who support NPT have been banned: but that is not why they are banned. They are banned for their poor behaviour: same as members who support "planes" have been banned, same as critics have been banned: bad behaviour everytime. Views are irrelevant

If people choose not to believe that, thats not my problem: nonetheless, as far as I'm concerned thats the truth

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt think fred was banned?

he has been abusive to those who disagree but as far as i was aware he was still posting here. his last post or maybe near last post was back to the likeable fred, no accusation, insult or anything.

if he was banned then i have no idea why unless he went back to insulting again?.
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all nonsence,
Nobody EVER gets their views censored unless they REALLY REALLY ask for it with bad behavior & or threats and insults.

There is an entire section on this site where you may post and debate ANYTHING 9/11 related!!!!

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM????

C.

President Eisenhower 1961
David WJ Sherlock
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
1) Fred, to the best of my knowledge is not banned: Ian is giving him a chance

2) Some members who support NPT have been banned: but that is not why they are banned. They are banned for their poor behaviour: same as members who support "planes" have been banned, same as critics have been banned: bad behaviour everytime. Views are irrelevant

If people choose not to believe that, thats not my problem: nonetheless, as far as I'm concerned thats the truth
Yes this I have no problem with. but you have censored those who criticise you and other mods.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there is no censorship at all David (if that is your real name).

But there are rules for users who 'piss in the pot'.

And a solid bunch of moderators who appreciate that some material should go centre stage and other material back stage if the campaign is to have any credibility with the press and the public

Some users disagree with that but it is our policy to allow discussion of anything that's not racist here.

But some people will always want more.

Which is why I've just moved this topic to critics corner where it rightly belongs

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
Stefan
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred hasn't been banned, I'd also note that there has been a marked improvement in his civility and tone over the last couple of days, which I for one am glad of, so clearly Ian's policy of giving him a chance is paying off.

Miss A was banned, but considering 8 of her first 9 posts on the forum included personal attacks and insults, she was a lost cause.

Peace and Truth
Bushwacker
Relentless Limpet Shill
Relentless Limpet Shill

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:

Which is why I've just moved this topic to critics corner where it rightly belongs

No it doesn't, it belongs in 9/11 Truth Controversies!
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushwacker wrote:
TonyGosling wrote:

No it doesn't, it belongs in 9/11 Truth Controversies!

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Critics' Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: