FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jon Ronson - prophet of totalitarian Britain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Jon Ronson - prophet of totalitarian Britain Reply with quote

This series, first transmitted in the 1990s, has hardly been surpassed since. With its simple format and jokey feel is just right IMHO. Where the lines between truth and fiction, seriousness and humour, are deliberately smashed into a thousand paquettes.

Jon Ronson - For The Love Of Big Brother
http://for-the-love-of.wowtv.tv/episodes/big-brother

the final episode on people who make models, is not so cutting edge Wink

www.actorsandartistsfor911truth.org
www.mediafor911truth.org
www.pilotsfor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
www.radio4all.net/index.php/contributor/2149
http://utangente.free.fr/2003/media2003.pdf
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
https://37.220.108.147/members/www.bilderberg.org/phpBB2/
rodin
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Watt points out we are subject to 'Predictive Programming' - where subjects intended for implementation are brought up in the media first, to soften us up.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damned if you do and damned if you don't Wink

Ho hum - no wonder the world always blames the messenger - especially wen we don't deliver the mesage because we're afraid our wife and kids will go hungry.

I believe the public and opinion formers MUST be warned about the rise of totalitarianism. This is not a sound analysis. The forces of darkness desperately want to use the element of surprise.

Have people actually watched this Ronson show? Doesn't seem as if you have. It's a cracker!

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung
schizophrenogenic element
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Jon Ronson - prophet of totalitarian Britain Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:

This series, first transmitted in the 1990s, has hardly been surpassed since. With its simple format and jokey feel is just right IMHO. Where the lines between truth and fiction, seriousness and humour, are deliberately smashed into a thousand paquettes.

Jon Ronson - For The Love Of Big Brother
http://for-the-love-of.wowtv.tv/episodes/big-brother

the final episode on people who make models, is not so cutting edge Wink

What a load of old nonsense. Where does humour fit into these serious issues? Yeah, let's turn it into a joke so your average viewer just chuckles and complacently walks away from it.

If there ever was a ceremony for the greatest whitewashers of these times, Jon Ronson would need a removal van to get his awards home.
TonyGosling
Editor
Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Jon Ronson - prophet of totalitarian Britain Reply with quote

schizophrenogenic element wrote:
what a load of old nonsense....

well it made me laugh both at the time and when rewatching it the other day - particularly when one of the guests didn't turn up for the programme and Ivan Frazer has a go at Tim Rifat calling him a government agent

does that not sound familiar?

The best way to deal with serious and frightening issues IMHO is to poke fun at them.

www.mediafor911truth.org
www.mp911truth.org
www.ae911truth.org
www.rl911truth.org
www.stj911.org
www.v911t.org
www.thisweek.org.uk
www.abolishwar.org.uk
www.elementary.org.uk
schizophrenogenic element
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Jon Ronson - prophet of totalitarian Britain Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:

well it made me laugh both at the time and when rewatching it the other day - particularly when one of the guests didn't turn up for the programme and Ivan Frazer has a go at Tim Rifat calling him a government agent

The best way to deal with serious and frightening issues IMHO is to poke fun at them.

Tony, I read 'The Men Who Stare At Goats' and he is interviewing men who have been tortured and he just puts a humourous spin on it. These are serious issues and should not be turned into school pantos. Jon Ronson is a man who believes there is no secret cabal running the world yet he has made documentaries about it. What does this communicate to the average viewer, it communicates that people like us are idiots and/or even worse, nazis.

Now, either he has been brainwashed at some point, is very naive or he is a liar.

He believes all 9/11 truthseekers are jew haters, he even labelled us as such in the Guardian newspaper. Personally, I feel promoting a man like this on a 'truthseeking' forum is close to sacrilege.
WhoKilledBambi?
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Jon Ronson - prophet of totalitarian Britain Reply with quote

TonyGosling wrote:

Can you point out where exactly where in the show Frazer accuses Rifat?

Sure you've actually watched it Tony?
Dogsmilk
Mighty Poster
Mighty Poster

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tony, I read 'The Men Who Stare At Goats' and he is interviewing men who have been tortured and he just puts a humourous spin on it. These are serious issues and should not be turned into school pantos. Jon Ronson is a man who believes there is no secret cabal running the world yet he has made documentaries about it. What does this communicate to the average viewer, it communicates that people like us are idiots and/or even worse, nazis.

Now, either he has been brainwashed at some point, is very naive or he is a liar.

He believes all 9/11 truthseekers are jew haters, he even labelled us as such in the Guardian newspaper. Personally, I feel promoting a man like this on a 'truthseeking' forum is close to sacrilege.

Whereas I agree he underplayed the 'Barney torture' stuff which I did find rather distasteful, I (controversially for this place) think he's generally done some valuable stuff. He's generally pretty fair, gave David Icke what was probably the most balanced msm coverage he'd had for years and SROTW was for me was the first time I'd heard of Bohemian Grove and Bilderberg (I didn't have the internet back then). As for the 'jew-hater' stuff, given the reception he got here I'm really not surprised.

Why does he have to be brainwashed, naive or a liar? Because he doesn't have the same beliefs as you?

iro
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Jon Ronson - prophet of totalitarian Britain Reply with quote

WhoKilledBambi? wrote:
TonyGosling wrote:

Can you point out where exactly where in the show Frazer accuses Rifat?

Sure you've actually watched it Tony?

it wasnt rifat he had a go at it was that other knob guy who kept interrupting him. He actually sided with rifat who agreed with him that the accused was a 'plant'

Fraser cited his 'empathic skills' as evidence of his correctness.

From what i understand rifat and Fraser are/were acquaintances of sorts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: