FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

San Fran Bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> 9/11 & 7/7 Truth Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
propername
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: San Fran Bridge Reply with quote

Don't know if any of you have seen any of this, but the bridge that was burned and melted by a truck load of fuel has now become a model used by 911 truth deniers as a means of debunking

http://stopthelie.com/freeway_collapse.html

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread& entryID=2523927&adTopicID=16&categoryID=72&IsSticky=0&Mytoken=ECA7DA2C -A3B2-48B7-B137EA722B57052242441517

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/letters/2007/05/melted_bridg e_must_surprise_od.html#more

http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/?p=1592

http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/explosi on-sequence-1.JPG
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummmmm call me crazy but that looks like a BRIDGE.

I`m sure I remember that WTC 7 was a BUILDING with columns all clad in fireproofing.

I wonder whats next from "scienceville"

Durrrrr......
I once had a firework that blew up after flying for only 1 second; is that like SUCH am amazing explanation of the Challenger Space Shuttle disaster or WHAT!!! Durrrrrrr

Once I fell in a pond and sank....that must TOTALLY have been what happened to the Titanic!!! Durrrrrrr....

Enjoy new wonderous discoveries from
"Genuis engineering Comparisons Inc"

Wonders will never cease. Rolling Eyes

President Eisenhower 1961
gareth
Suspended
Suspended

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesn't stop there.

http://www.429truth.com

from the 'About' page:

Quote:
We are a group of proud and loyal American patriots who are troubled by too many questions and not enough answers. We will not rest until the true story of 4/29 can be told. We pray that those drawn to the 4/29 issue by sensationalist claims will stay long enough to learn the less theatrical but equally damning truth.

there is also: www.ikeadid429.com and www.429truth.org/

the site 429truth.com links to 911blimp, 911researchers, and debunking911.

is 4/29 cointelpro?
Snowygrouch
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christ those pages are F***** appauling!

Forunately at appears to me to be so silly its quite harmless.

President Eisenhower 1961
propername
New Poster
New Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gareth wrote:
it doesn't stop there.

http://www.429truth.com

from the 'About' page:

Quote:
We are a group of proud and loyal American patriots who are troubled by too many questions and not enough answers. We will not rest until the true story of 4/29 can be told. We pray that those drawn to the 4/29 issue by sensationalist claims will stay long enough to learn the less theatrical but equally damning truth.

there is also: www.ikeadid429.com and www.429truth.org/

the site 429truth.com links to 911blimp, 911researchers, and debunking911.

is 4/29 cointelpro?

Holy hoax sites, Batman!
KP50
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we know where this is going.

So we can be sure from whence it came.

Can't we ?

University of California, Berkeley wrote:
Engineer receives NSF grant to study MacArthur Maze freeway collapse

By Sarah Yang, Media Relations | 01 May 2007

BERKELEY – A University of California, Berkeley, civil engineering professor and one of the country's leading experts on the response of steel and composite structures to earthquakes, bombs and other extreme events, has received funding from the National Science Foundation (NSF) to investigate the collapse of the MacArthur Maze freeway ramps after last Sunday's fiery tanker truck crash.

Abolhassan Astaneh (Peg Skorpinski photo)

Abolhassan Astaneh, principal investigator for the $25,000 NSF grant, has formed a team to collect evidence from the site, including samples of the steel support beams and photographs of the collapsed roadways. He already spent more than four hours yesterday at the site of the crash, investigating the structure and collecting perishable data for future research.

"Once work crews remove the debris, it will be too late to get the data we need, so it's extremely important to move right away to document the damage and to collect fire-affected girders and connections" said Astaneh. "By testing these samples, my colleagues, professors Claudia Ostertag, an expert in reinforced concrete and materials, and R. Brady Williamson, an expert in fire engineering, and I can establish the temperatures that the steel girders were exposed to, and the length of time the exposure lasted."

Early Sunday morning, a truck loaded with reportedly 8,600 gallons of fuel, burst into flames after it crashed into a guardrail and took out two overpasses in one of the San Francisco Bay Area's most important freeway interchanges. The fire softened the steel girders of the elevated roadway connecting eastbound traffic from the San Francisco Bay Bridge onto Interstate 580. The roadway collapsed onto the freeway below, connecting southbound Interstate 80 to Interstate 880.

Astaneh has extensive experience in investigations of such disasters. In 1989 and in the aftermath of the Loma Prieta earthquake, using a similar NSF grant, he conducted the investigation of the collapse of a deck segment of the Bay Bridge and damage to the steel structures. He was particularly interested in the MacArthur Maze, noting that it had survived the quake with some minor damage to its concrete pier. He later testified before the state's Board of Inquiry on the Loma Prieta Earthquake formed by then-Gov. George Deukmejian.

In 2001, Astaneh received another NSF grant to study the collapse of the World Trade Center towers right after the tragic Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. He presented his findings before the Committee on Science of the House of Representatives in 2002.

"There are parallels between the failure of the MacArthur Maze ramps and the collapse of the World Trade Center towers," he said. "Both incidents were caused by a massive fire, fed by a large amount of fuel, weakening the steel structure."

Astaneh expects to report his initial findings on the MacArthur Maze collapse within the next two weeks.

http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/releases/2007/05/01_nsfgrant.shtml

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/29/BAGVOPHQU46.DT L

San Francisco Chronicle wrote:
The single-vehicle crash occurred on the lower roadway when the tanker, loaded with 8,600 gallons of unleaded gasoline and heading from a refinery in Benicia to a gas station on Hegenberger Road in Oakland, hit a guardrail at 3:41 a.m.

Oakland firefighters, the first public safety workers on the scene, arrived with two engines at 3:55 a.m., Capt. Cedric Price said.

"We didn't know it was a tanker truck that was involved. As soon as that was established we immediately upgraded to a large scale incident response team and added two more engines and two trucks," Price said.

Firefighters immediately noticed the upper connector ramp was buckling and seven minutes after they arrived -- at 4:02 a.m. -- it collapsed, Price said.

So, a gas tanker crashes at 3:41 am.

Firefighters arrive and observe the road is already buckling around 14 minutes later.

The ramp collapses due to the intense heat of the fire just 21 minutes, after the petrol fire began.

Engineers said the green steel frame of the I-580 overpass and the bolts holding the frame together began to melt and bend in the intense heat

-- and that movement pulled the roadbed off its supports.

California Highway Patrol spokesman Trent Cross said the driver of the tanker, James Mosqueda, 51, of Woodland (Yolo County), was traveling too fast in a 50 mph zone when his truck overturned and burst into flames.

Mosqueda, an employee of Sabek Transportation in San Francisco for 10 months, got out of the truck on his own after it overturned and hailed a taxi that took him to Kaiser Hospital in Oakland, witnesses and police said.

Isaac Rodriguez, a 53-year-old sanitation supervisor who works the graveyard shift at East Bay Municipal Utility District's sewage treatment plant, said his supervisor called him about 3:45 a.m. and told him to leave work because of a nearby explosion.

Rodriguez went outside with a co-worker and saw the I-880 connector about 50 feet above him engulfed in fire with flames leaping up to the I-580 connector above that.

"It was massive," Rodriguez said. "I saw movement and there was a man up there. I started talking to the guy. Are you the truck driver? 'Yes.' He said, 'I'm burned. I got out as soon as I could.' ''

The driver seemed disoriented.

"It looked at one time he was walking toward the truck again. I believe he was in shock,'' Rodriguez said.

Rodriguez said he regretted not thinking to send a vehicle up to get the injured man. He and a coworker stood for some 40 minutes watching the freeway burn.

"It looked like a big slab of plastic because it was melted. It's made of steel and concrete and it was bent at both angles of the pillar. It really looked fake. ... It was an event last night that I'm not going to forget for a long time. It was incredible because it was a roar.

No sign of the truck remains at the scene. One Caltrans worker there early this morning held up his thumb and forefinger an inch apart to describe how big the tanker is now.

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures paint a thousand words.

According to the International Programme on Chemical Safety:

IPCC wrote:
Asphalt: Melting point: 54-173°C

Yet the San Francisco Sentinel reports:

San Francisco Sentinel wrote:
Heat from the explosion, which reached temperatures up to 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit, rose and caused 250 yards of the connector ramp from eastbound Interstate Highway 80 to eastbound Interstate Highway 580 to collapse, according to Cross.

2000 degress Farenheit = 1093 degrees Centigrade.

Hot enough to buckle steel "brackets" that support an overpass it would seem after burning in the open air for 21 minutes, yet not enough to cause a river of molten, boiling Asphalt.

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Abolhassan Astaneh-Asl provided "expert" testimony to the Committee on Science of the U.S. House of Representatives on March 6 2002 entitled:

“Learning from 9/11: Understanding the Collapse of the World Trade Center”

His 9/11 testimony is available here. (1Mb PDF )

His Berkeley homepage is here

His personal hompage is here and guess what he's been working on ?

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now we have melting gas tanker trucks too ?

http://ronslog.typepad.com/ronslog/2007/04/mosqueda.html

Rons Log wrote:

April 29, 2007

Mosqueda

I won't be the first to suggest that soon the conspiracy nuts will be all over the place asking "Why, if it was a gasoline tanker truck can we find no remains of the truck?"

"No sign of the truck remains at the scene. One Caltrans worker there early this morning held up his thumb and forefinger an inch apart to describe how big the tanker is now."

And then there will be the real nut cases who point out that the truck driver's name is a concatenation of "mosque" and "qaeda."

| permalink | April 29, 2007 at 08:16 PM

Comments

Yes, Bill P, thank you for explaining the obvious. I was hoping that readers would understand the connection to the conspiracy theories regarding the plane that crashed into the Pentagon on September 11.

Posted by: Ron's Log at Apr 30, 2007 1:41:37 PM

Hi Ron, the reason there was no truck remains is because it melted along with the bridge. Cal Trans' John Osteraas says steel becomes malleable at about 1000 d and will begin to melt at about 2750 d.

Can you imagine the heat intensity of 86,000 gallons of gas? A true inferno!! No wonder they couldn't find any remains of the truck!! Anything would melt! The Public or Politicians will always use a diaster such as these to spread lies and dis-information with out regard for the TRUTH and FACTS! Have a great one...Bill

Posted by: Bill P at Apr 30, 2007 9:52:51 AM

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP article in The National Examiner:

http://www.examiner.com/a-702031~Fiery_Crash_Collapses_Bay_Area_Freewa y.html

Quote:
Fiery Crash Collapses Bay Area Freeway

Apr 29, 2007 11:28 PM (10 days ago)

By MARCUS WOHLSEN, AP

A section of highway lies crumbled in Emeryville, Calif., after a tanker carrying gasoline exploded on Sunday, April 29, 2007. In the resulting blaze, a section of freeway that funnels traffic onto the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge collapsed. The truck's driver walked away from the scene and called a taxi, which took him to a nearby hospital with second-degree burns. OAKLAND, Calif. (Map, News) - A gasoline tanker crashed and burst into flames near the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge on Sunday, creating such intense heat that a stretch of highway melted and collapsed. Officials predicted a traffic nightmare for Bay Area commuters for weeks or months to come.

Flames shot 200 feet in the air, but the truck's driver walked away from the scene with second-degree burns. No other injuries were reported in the 3:45 a.m. crash, which officials said could have been deadly had it occurred at a busier time.

"I've never seen anything like it," Officer Trent Cross of the California Highway Patrol said of the crumpled interchange. "I'm looking at this thinking, 'Wow, no one died' - that's amazing. It's just very fortunate."

Authorities said the damage could take months to repair, and that it would cause the worst disruption for Bay Area commuters since the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake damaged a section of the Bay Bridge itself.

Nearly 75,000 vehicles a day use the interchange, which connects westbound lanes of Interstate 80 to southbound I-880, on the edge of downtown Oakland about half a mile from the Bay Bridge's toll plaza. But Because the accident occured where three highways converge, authorities said it could cause commuting problems for hundreds of thousands of people.

State transportation officials said 280,000 commuters take the bridge into San Francisco each day.

On Sunday the collapse doubled the half-hour trip drivers normally face getting to and from San Francisco and the eastern suburbs - even though many didn't even attempt the trip because of the crash. Traffic appeared light on the bridge itself, but motorists looking to get on and off were backed up on both sides.

Transportation officials said they already had added trains to the Bay Area Rapid Transit rail system that takes commuters across San Francisco Bay, and were urging people to telecommute if possible. In preparation for rush hour, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger authorized funding so that ferries, buses and the rail system could carry commuters free of charge during Monday's commute.

State officials said motorists who try to take alternate routes Monday instead of relying on public transportation would face nightmarish commutes.

The tanker carrying 8,600 gallons of gasoline ignited after crashing into a pylon on the interchange.

The driver, James Mosqueda, 51, of Woodland, was headed from a refinery in Benicia to a gas station near the Oakland Airport when the accident occurred, according to the California Highway Patrol.

A preliminary investigation indicated he may have been speeding on the curving road, Cross said. Mosqueda was being treated in a hospital for burns Sunday; the hospital would not transfer media calls to his room.

Witnesses reported flames rising up to 200 feet into the air.

Heat exceeded 2,750 degrees and caused the steel beams holding up the interchange from eastbound I-80 to eastbound Interstate 580 above to buckle and bolts holding the structure together to melt, leading to the collapse, California Department of Transportation director Will Kempton said.

The charred section of collapsed freeway was draped at a sharp angle onto the highway beneath, exposing a web of twisted metal beneath the concrete. Officials said that altogether a 250-yard portion of the upper roadway was damaged.

The cost of the repairs would likely run into the tens of millions of dollars, and the state was seeking federal disaster aid, Kempton said. Schwarzenegger late Sunday issued an emergency declaration to allow repairs to happen faster, said Adam Mendelsohn, the governor's spokesman.

The Bay Bridge consists of two heavily traveled, double-decked bridges about two miles long straddling San Francisco Bay.

San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom said the accident showed how fragile the Bay area's transportation network is, whether to an earthquake or terrorist attack, and has the potential to have a major economic effect on the city.

"It's another giant wakeup call," Newsom told reporters at the California Democratic Party convention in San Diego.

---

Associated Press Writer Tom Verdin in San Diego contributed to this story.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> 9/11 & 7/7 Truth Controversies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: