FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MoD White Paper on Manipulating the Media

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> 9/11 & 7/7 Truth Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fred
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: MoD White Paper on Manipulating the Media Reply with quote

http://ics.leeds.ac.uk/papers/vp01.cfm?outfit=pmt&folder=34&paper=1765

The CNN Effect?
In the case of the first scenario the issue is whether the Western media, most obviously
that of the United States, can be manipulated in order to bring about a military
deployment; and if so, how this can be done. In other words, is there such a thing as ‘The
CNN Effect’? The modern prototype for such cases came in 1990 when the Kuwaiti
government, its country under Iraqi occupation, spent US$10.8 million chiefly through
the Washington public relations firm Hill & Knowlton, on a propaganda campaign aimed
at elite and general American public opinion. This included the notorious televised
testimony to the Congressional Caucus on Human Rights on 10 October 1990 by a
Kuwaiti girl that Iraqi soldiers had thrown babies out of their incubators. The story,
briefly taken up by Amnesty International and repeated by President George Bush, was a
fabrication, and the girl was the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador. Before this could be
publicly revealed, a special audio-visual presentation on Iraqi atrocities was given to the
UN Security Council, just two days before Resolution 678 authorising the Gulf War was
passed.
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you posting this as supposed "evidence" of TV fakery and missiles?

It is beyond question that the MSM often act as a propaganda arm of government. But I fail to see how this adds any weight to your NPT/TV fakery crusade on here.

I assume this is the document you referred to in the other thread when you suggested rudely and deludedly that I hadn't done my homework. Absolutely laughable. Rolling Eyes

Fred
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm posting it because it's of interest to the intelligent readers of this forum. If you cannot understand how it pertains to you, then you needn't ask about it further.
Craig W
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep on digging, Fred. You are doing a great job of discrediting yourself (not sure how much credit you had).

What is that saying about give someone enough rope and they'll hang themselves...

Micpsi
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred creates a thread with material that is irrelevant to the narrow issue of NPT/TV fakery. But of course he knew that because the purpose of his thread was just to keep stirring the detritus of his long-discredited claim about the CNN footage so as to make us think that he still does not feel he lost the debate. We know better. Thread busted, Fred. The hole you dig keeps getting bigger with each new, bogus thread.
Fred
9/11 Truth critic
9/11 Truth critic

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micpsi wrote:
Fred creates a thread with material that is irrelevant to the narrow issue of NPT/TV fakery. But of course he knew that because the purpose of his thread was just to keep stirring the detritus of his long-discredited claim about the CNN footage so as to make us think that he still does not feel he lost the debate. We know better. Thread busted, Fred. The hole you dig keeps getting bigger with each new, bogus thread.

You are absolutely correct, Fred has started flooding the board with meaningless threads. I am convinced he is deliberately attempting to spread dissent via a subtle, but nonetheless very obvious method of contamination.

Funny how you get to picture people - Fred = Capt Disinformation?

ishaar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the above footage how does one explain the bridge floating off to the left while the towers stay central?
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting link there Fred.

Here's the main page of papers on the Military and the Media from Phil Taylor at Leeds Uni.

http://ics.leeds.ac.uk/papers/vf01.cfm?folder=34&outfit=pmt

Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the D Notice Website for the UK on that list:

http://www.dnotice.org.uk/

marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ishaar wrote:
In the above footage how does one explain the bridge floating off to the left while the towers stay central?

it was faked, but by whom? thats the question.
schizophrenogenic element
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky 54 wrote:
ishaar wrote:

The 'perps' are f*****. As soon as this gets out there will be LOADS of people with these images from that day on their video tapes that can be analysed. End of.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schizophrenogenic element wrote:
marky 54 wrote:
ishaar wrote:

The 'perps' are f*****. As soon as this gets out there will be LOADS of people with these images from that day on their video tapes that can be analysed. End of.

or maybe it seems the evidence of whom isnt needed Rolling Eyes .

TC you will face this problem when proving your points, if i was a perp i'd keep it quite and snigger in the corner as long as you were oblivious to the fact. as i'd know you would'nt beable to prove who did it for it even have a chance of 'getting out'.

ive offered you the problem your likely to face, if you have the evidence of who faked each clip cough up, if you dont have the evidence yet then get working.

TC "this video proves fakery"

media "i see yes the background moves slightly to the left, who would fake such a thing"

TC " CNN of course!"

media " ok can we see that evidence to please as this could of been faked and put on youtube by anyone"

TC " doh i didnt think i needed any"

END OF STORY

i think you need those 'other' peoples videos before it gets out or it wont get out.
ishaar
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ive offered you the problem your likely to face, if you have the evidence of who faked each clip cough up, if you dont have the evidence yet then get working.

without that evidence all this amounts to is fake video by ... anyone, but if you can find similar anomolies in the newsclips that were broadcast over the networks that would be another matter entirely.
marky 54
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ishaar wrote:
Quote:

without that evidence all this amounts to is fake video by ... anyone, but if you can find similar anomolies in the newsclips that were broadcast over the networks that would be another matter entirely.

agree if it can be proved its from its original source a cnn logo in the bottom corner means nothing.

anyone can download archived footage manipulate it and claim its an original for example.

its harsh but something the claiments of this theory need to understand and think about, as it will be used as an excuse if they did fake all the footage.

they will just claim they didnt fake it someone else did unless it can be proved, they could even throw it back and say it was the tv fakers camp that faked it unless of course it can be proved otherwise.
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, a rigerous critical method is absolutely essential

I havnt seen anything yet that stands up as evidence of TV fakery, but I'm open to the possibility that its simply becuase the TVfakery is way too good. So lets assume the TV fakery is right: as soon as one easily debunkable peice of evidence slips under the radar: game over.

Its getting to the point that even if TV Fakery is true (which is, I repeat, not my current opinion) its become next to useless as a tool for exposing the truth

WhoKilledBambi?
Minor Poster
Minor Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

telecasterisation wrote:

You are absolutely correct, Fred has started flooding the board with meaningless threads. I am convinced he is deliberately attempting to spread dissent via a subtle, but nonetheless very obvious method of contamination.

Funny how you get to picture people - Fred = Capt Disinformation?

Coming from the king of drivel, you have summed up your own career on this board to a tee.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would this be a fair and simple statement of position on the 9/11 videographic bone of contention ?

The large Boeing Camp could now be correctly termed TV Huggers ?

Comments please.

telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhoKilledBambi wrote;

Quote:
Coming from the king of drivel, you have summed up your own career on this board to a tee.

I have never understood that golfing analogy, can you identify its origins?

As for the direct comparison with me flooding this board with threads, apart from a couple I personally penned at the commencement of my 'career' here, this is blatantly incorrect.

Perhaps you are confusing me with the other TC?
John White
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have to wait a long time for your answer tc: bambi said goodbye to us yesterday
telecasterisation
Banned
Banned

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John White wrote:
You may have to wait a long time for your answer tc: bambi said goodbye to us yesterday

But she seemed like such a nice young woman. I will have sit believing that she was simply confused then. Thank you for the heads-up.
Witchfinder General
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: fireball too high Reply with quote

High Telly

thanks for the graphics you did

You haven't said whether you agree with me or the others -- that's not like you
MadgeB
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Teletubbies Reply with quote

Mark Gobell wrote:
Would this be a fair and simple statement of position on the 9/11 videographic bone of contention ?

The large Boeing Camp could now be correctly termed TV Huggers ?

Comments please.

A late comment, but years ago Nico Haupt & co started calling the TV-fakery deniers 'teletubbies'. Better, no?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> 9/11 & 7/7 Truth Controversies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: