FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Chat Chat  UsergroupsUsergroups  CalendarCalendar RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prof. Judy Wood takes on US Air Force Research Labs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annie
9/11 Truth Organiser
9/11 Truth Organiser

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodin wrote:
Wow. An xMI5 agent talking sense!!!! Smile

Indeed. Perhaps that's why I left MI5?!?

Anthony Lawson
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Solid and Liquid Rockets Reply with quote

Solid and Liquid Rockets

Chek wrote on April 15th:
Quote:
The effect would be magnified by a striking a pressurised liquid propellant cell, though many missiles typically dump those soon after launch and solid rocket motors take over.

I think that you'll find it is the other way around. I think this is because liquid fuels are more controllable.

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Solid and Liquid Rockets Reply with quote

Anthony Lawson wrote:
Solid and Liquid Rockets

Chek wrote on April 15th:
Quote:
The effect would be magnified by a striking a pressurised liquid propellant cell, though many missiles typically dump those soon after launch and solid rocket motors take over.

I think that you'll find it is the other way around. I think this is because liquid fuels are more controllable.

Quite right, my mistake Anthony.
Like in the space shuttle, the solid rocket boosters give the boost for take off and the liquid stage is used to achieve orbital altitude.
I think I became confused when typing that comment when it crossed my mind that the MX and Trident are solid fuelled.

It's them or us.
Anthony Lawson
Validated Poster
Validated Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Missiles Reply with quote

Missiles

I had to watch a programme on rockets and missiles, a couple of days ago, because my 15 year old son thinks that they are cool. The best I can do is stay with him and make comments such as: “Off they go, terrain hugging little smart missiles, on their way to incinerate a bunch of innocent Iraqi families, hiding in some flimsy air raid shelter.”

This way, I hope that the destruction message will sink in, but the glee with which the engineers and technicians, who make these awful things, talk about them is still sickening. There was only one person in the entire 50 minute programme who mentioned the devastating killing power of weapons systems, past and present, and he was the curator of an aviation museum; heavily patronised by young Americans, just itching to get their fingers on a trigger or a launch button, I shouldn’t wonder. It really is amazing how people have been taught to separate these things into different compartments of their brains.

What will Tony Blair’s legacy be, asks a news wimp: ‘Well Iraq will probably be seen as a downside, but he did improve the economy and the National Health Service.’ The man’s a bloody mass murderer, and that’s all the criticism he gets. What is wrong with these people?

Take care,

Anthony

chek
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Missiles Reply with quote

Anthony Lawson wrote:
Missiles

I had to watch a programme on rockets and missiles, a couple of days ago, because my 15 year old son thinks that they are cool. The best I can do is stay with him and make comments such as: “Off they go, terrain hugging little smart missiles, on their way to incinerate a bunch of innocent Iraqi families, hiding in some flimsy air raid shelter.”
This way, I hope that the destruction message will sink in, but the glee with which the engineers and technicians, who make these awful things, talk about them is still sickening. There was only one person in the entire 50 minute programme who mentioned the devastating killing power of weapons systems, past and present, and he was the curator of an aviation museum; heavily patronised by young Americans, just itching to get their fingers on a trigger or a launch button, I shouldn’t wonder. It really is amazing how people have been taught to separate these things into different compartments of their brains.

As you say, compartmentalisation is the name of the game when basically ordinary decent human beings have to cope with the purpose of these things, because if you are able to ignore that, they are actually wonderful feats of technology.

If only we could instead use them to accurately deliver emergency supplies to the disaster ravaged or hungry. I'd bet the program was larded with double-think phrases such as 'spoiling someone's entire day' or 'taking out' or whatever euphemism is currently in fashion.

Anthony Lawson wrote:
What will Tony Blair’s legacy be, asks a news wimp: ‘Well Iraq will probably be seen as a downside, but he did improve the economy and the National Health Service.’ The man’s a bloody mass murderer, and that’s all the criticism he gets. What is wrong with these people?

Iraq as a 'downside'? That's a classic!
Similar to calling the Holocaust 'some unpleasantness'.

It's hard to believe that exactly 10 years ago I, probably along with many others, thought we were beginning a more hopeful new era.
We certainly got the new era, just not in the direction we expected

It's them or us.
Mark Gobell
On Gardening Leave
On Gardening Leave

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the BBC refer to Bliar's legacy in terms of "his controversy over Foreign Affairs" last week.

I suppose that's Newspeak for "the illegal invasion of two sovereign nations causing about a million dead human beings".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    9/11, 7/7, Covid-1984 & the War on Freedom Forum Index -> Other Controversies All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: